The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 19: April - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the pictures are lovely!!! Could anyone post bigger versions of the gallery on the thread? The pictures seem so beautiful! Elena looked amazing, love her suit and especially her hair!!!

Waouh!!! it was such a nice event!!!

everybody looks perfect!!!!
Felipe and Letizia look so much in love!!! it's wonderful to see them like that!!! that's real love!!! leti was really nice in red!!! it's her colour!!!

those pictures from that event are lovely especially theway they show the close relationship between all the members of the royal family but especially the picture sof felipe and letizia

Los Reyes expresan su apoyo y cariño a Pilar Ibáñez-Martín, viuda de Calvo Sotelo

The Kings express their support and fondness to Pilar Ibáñez-, widow of Calvo Sotelo

The King and the Queen, as well as the Princes of Asturias have spoken telephonically with Pilar Ibáñez-, widow of the former President of the Government

The King and the Queen have spoken telephonically with Pilar Ibáñez-, widow of Leopoldo Calvo Sotelo, dead this midday in his domicile of the locality of Madrid Pozuelo de Alarcón's, to express their support and fondness to her.

A speaker of the House of the King has reported that both Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía has communicated to her their condolences and have moved the sorrow of the Royal Family for the disappearance of one of the men who made possible the transition in Spain.

Also the Princes of Asturias have been contacted by the widow to make to come their affection in these moments of pain and sorrow.

La Familia Real asistirá mañana a la capilla ardiente instalada en el Congreso de los Diputados

The Royal Family will be present tomorrow at the funeral chapel installed in the Congress of the Deputies

The Kings and the Princes of Asturias will be present tomorrow at the funeral chapel of the former President of the Government Leopoldo Calvo Sotelo, who will stay installs in the Lounge of the Lost Steps of the Congress of the Deputies, as informed Europa Press sources of La Zarzuela.

Predictably, at 20.00 hours of next Thursday the funeral of State will be celebrated in honor to Leopoldo Calvo Sotelo, the first deceased President of the Government in the democratic stage, with the assistance of the Royal Family and the rest of authorities of the State.

A very sad day indeed! Does anyone know how old the former president was?

sorrry i don't i hope he was a good old age

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Declaration of His Majesty the King on the occasion of D. Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo y Bustelo's death

Zarzuela Palace. Madrid, on May 4, 2008

On the occasion of the death yesterday of the Excmo. Mr. Don Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo y Bustelo, President of the Government of Spain, Marquess of Ría de Ribadeo Ribadeo and "Grande de España", H.M. the King wants to demonstrate the following thing:

" On this day, I want to express, together with my Family, the deepest sorrow for the death of the President Don Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo, as well as to produce the most felt honoring of respect and gratitude.

There has died a great Spanish, a great statesman, a democrat and a very dear person.

I will never forget his delivers to the service of Spain for so many years, his unpayable contribution to our Transition, his labor to place Spain in the place that corresponds to it in the world, and his proven and permanent loyalty to the Wreath.

My Family joins me to dedicate from heart, all our fondness to his wife, children and other family, in these moments of deep pain.

Rest in peace! "

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Declaration of His Majesty the King on the occasion of D. Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo y Bustelo's death

Zarzuela Palace. Madrid, on May 4, 2008

On the occasion of the death yesterday of the Excmo. Mr. Don Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo y Bustelo, President of the Government of Spain, Marquess of Ría de Ribadeo Ribadeo and "Grande de España", H.M. the King wants to demonstrate the following thing:

" On this day, I want to express, together with my Family, the deepest sorrow for the death of the President Don Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo, as well as to produce the most felt honoring of respect and gratitude.

There has died a great Spanish, a great statesman, a democrat and a very dear person.

I will never forget his delivers to the service of Spain for so many years, his unpayable contribution to our Transition, his labor to place Spain in the place that corresponds to it in the world, and his proven and permanent loyalty to the Wreath.

My Family joins me to dedicate from heart, all our fondness to his wife, children and other family, in these moments of deep pain.

Rest in peace! "

What a beautiful speech the King made, thanks Lula :flowers: He sure did make a big contribution to our transition from dictatorship to democracy! What I did't know is that he had a title!

THE QUEEN OF SPAIN SOFIA WITH THE PRINCESS LETIZIA AND LEONOR IN MIGUEL URDANGARIN S BIRTHDAY IN BARCELONA

MediumPhoto

THE QUEEN OF SPAIN SOFIA WITH THE PRINCESS LETIZIA AND LEONOR IN MIGUEL URDANGARIN S BIRTHDAY IN BARCELONA

MediumPhoto

This is great Lula! Thanks so much! The article in Hola had already said there were many balloons but now we can see for ourselves :flowers: Can't get over how cute Leonor's t-shirt is :wub:

thanks lula the pics from prisma are really great!!!

what a great complicity between letizia and the Queen!!! it's lovely to see the relationaship both women have together!! they're very close!!!

also with Elena!! they seem to have fun during this event!!! letizia was gorgeous!! and she looks so happy!!! what a great couple with Felipe!!

Princess Letizia and Queen Sofía are really close, they have a so mother/daughter relationship:wub:
And what can I say about F&L? they are just like a couple of teenagers:wub: they are really in love... wonderful couple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom