The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 17: October - December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really commendable that the SRF is with the Spaniards at times like this. I do not follow other royal families so I do not know if this is the norm for all European royal families.

La Monarquia

condolence of the royal family . the Kings has sent a condolence telegram to the family of the Civil Guard Fernando ... deceased today as a result of the firings that Saturday the past received from the ETA terrorists, in that reiterate his "more full sentence" by this attack

Another funeral :cry: Such a sad event, just awful for the relatives.

Antena 3 will issue a special report on King on the occasion of his 70 th anniversary

The article reviews the history of lesser known Juan Carlos, his childhood and youth, giving the keys to understanding and forged the personality of the monarch now know.

Antena 3 King Juan Carlos and Prince of Asturias. Both special, produced by the Information Services of the chain, will be scheduled on the occasion of the 70 th anniversary of the Spanish monarch and the 40 birthday of Prince Felipe.

Through numerous interviews, documents, photographs (including many unpublished) and statements from friends, fellow students, teachers ... The film shows a man who from 8 years and began to train to be king one day. Juan Carlos is shown as a man who worked before being appointed successor, to get his project: a parliamentary democracy. The special also shows the important role of Queen Sofia, great support and adviser to the King during the regime.
In addition, chambers of Antena 3 have managed to enter Villa Giralda. The residence of the Spanish Royal House in exile, and place where the tragic accident occurred in the death of the younger brother of Juan Carlos.

http://ideal.laguiatv.com/actualida...-especial-sobre-rey-motivo-su-70e-aniversario

How sad.. :cry: seeing the mom breaks my heart in little pieces! :sad::cry:

I have a question, I hope somebody knows!. I saw on tv when the body arrived to Spain, his unit mates' were there to receive and carry the coffin, but on the news their faces weren't showed (the same with the pics posted) and the anchorwoman said that part of their job was not to be recognized. What is exactly their job?

Mari, they work in the operations anti-terrorits.

They belong (like the two agents killed) to the Group of Operative Support (GAO), which dedicates to technological labors: devices of tracking, wire taps, cameras of alertness...
Some of these agents work in the south of French trying to detect members of ETA (BASQUE TERRORIST ARMY), Because of it it is so important that their faces do not appear in the press.

The two agents were working at that moment at one antiterrorist operacion when they were discovered by the members of ETA.

Last edited:
how touching to see sofia crying...
it's quite sad that all this is happening in spain.

I'm so sorry that they had to do this all over again in such a short amount of time.:sad: Is this terror group a real problem in Spain?

The pictures of Queen Sofia crying are heartbreaking. It gives you a sense of how much they really love and feel for their people.

Unfortunately yes, is the main problem in Spain

Here you are information about.
ETA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror

elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror | Historia

elmundo.es | Especial ETA: la dictadura del terror

everybody must know that eta is a terrorist group like alquaeda, hamás..etc.,it is not a group to fight against a dictator because this dictator died 30 years ago...it is not a group to fight by the democracy in Spain because the democracy arrived 30 years ago

it is a group that already is a Mafia and that is not right to do what does,en many countries speak of Basque movement of liberation... but in Spain there are no dictators, is democracy and only they kill to kill, they are crazy very crazy and they only have hatred, they speak of the blood of the basque as the Nazis speak of the purity of the aria blood...they kill to the "Spaniards "as the Nazis killed the Jews, being Jewish

I'm so sorry that they had to do this all over again in such a short amount of time.:sad: Is this terror group a real problem in Spain?

Yes, ETA is a very important problem in Spain. Though in the last years the things have started changing, before it was considered to be a problem of the Spanish and the international collaboration was scanty. Nonetheless today the press of some countries continues speaking about " separatist group " an expression that in Spain hurts enough. ETA has murdered more than 800 persons ... they murder, kidnap, threaten, extract... For it all those who do not think as them or who face them (politicians, judges, journalists, teachers of University) must live with bodyguard. They have tried to murder the King in more than one occasion, of there through that the Spanish Royal Family lives with strict enough measures of safety.

Paty said:
Mari, they work in the operations anti-terrorits.

They belong (like the two agents killed) to the Group of Operative Support (GAO), which dedicates to technological labors: devices of tracking, wire taps, cameras of alertness...
Some of these agents work in the south of French trying to detect members of ETA (BASQUE TERRORIST ARMY), Because of it it is so important that their faces do not appear in the press.

The two agents were working at that moment at one antiterrorist operacion when they were discovered by the members of ETA.

Thanks a lot for your answer Paty, I really appreciate it! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom