The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 17: October - December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC.es: cultura - arte - El Prado se vistió de largo

The Prado dressed of gala to celebrate the major extension of its history

The best celebrations are in the habit of beginning on eve. Because of it, the Casón del Buan Retiro dressed last night of gala to shelter a macrodinner of show at which almost the whole Royal Family was present on the occasion of the most important extension - that will be inaugurated today - to that the Prado Museum has surrendered in its two hundred years of history.

In only twelve hours, Their Majesties the Kings and Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will move in two occasions from the Palace of The Operetta to the Prado Museum - the first one last night and the second one, this midday - to celebrate the extension of this art gallery, which started by sheltering precisely the artistic collections of the Royal Family.

Photos
El Prado se viste de largo

is that black dress on Letizia not the same style as the one she wore in holland for willem's 40th birthday party only this time with a black jacket??

The top looks slightly different in fabric but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same since Letizia tends to buy at least her shoes in dozens - same pair but different colours. Maybe Varela does a buy one get one free offer to keep Letizia as his most appreciated customer / advertising ad.

the queen wore that lovely gown at the queen sofia spanish institute in USA. i simply adore it. she looks superb in it. i quite liked letizia's outfit as well...

what i didn't like was sonsoles espinosa, first lady. simply ridiculous in her outfit and she should learn you don't place your elbows on the table.

Carlota, I think you don´t like very much Sonsoles Espinosa!:lol:

You can see the act in the Prado Museum here; it begins in 20 minutes

RTVE :: TVE EN DIRECTO

www.telemadrid.es?

THE KINGS Y THE PRINCES OF ASTURIAS PRESIDE AT A GALA DINNER TO CELEBRATE THE INAUGURATION OF THE CASÓN DEL BUEN RETIRO

Article and photos
LOS REYES Y LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS PRESIDEN UNA CENA DE GALA PARA CELEBRAR LA INAUGURACIÓN DEL CASÓN DEL BUEN RETIRO

Many thanks for the link and these pics lula. Tita Thyssen is a true overkill, the living proof that one can be superrich but tasteless when chosing an outfit. She used to do much better and has pulled off very elegant outfits in the past. I hope she does not become a bitter old woman now after her only son married a spouse she does not accept and therefore stayed away from the wedding, despite a grandchild being on the way.
Sonsoles dress looks odd as if one part is being worn in a wrong way or at the wrong part of the shoulder.

I think Letizia today is dress in brown!

I like the embroidered beads, tassels that are hanging from the top and are outlined because of the light colour of the skirt of Sofia.

Letizia does not look good this time, because she is so skinny in long black she can take on a :witch:-like appearance :flowers:

Queen Sofia looks stunning! Letizia's dress would be better if it wasn't too dark. Makes her look skinnier. She needs to wear bright colors.

but I thought that today the princes were in Marrackech???

but I thought that today the princes were in Marrackech???

Yes, the Princes have an act in Morocco this evening... Really it is going to be an intense day, they are going to have to run enough.:lol:

Lula, do you know the date of this act?, because Princess Letizia isn´t there!

National Day 2006, the Princess was in Colon but she wasn´t in the Royal Palace.

The Queen & Letizia look stunning. Letizia's hair is absolutely beautiful!!! I think that the empire waist dresses suit Letizia because she is so tiny, not many woman can pull this look off without looking fat and dowdy. Although, I say that Letizia looks great, I do agree with many of you that she should branch out and try other designers, this grey & black thing is really getting old real quick, and I love seeing Leti in bright colors.

She was pregnant of Sofia, wasn´t she?

VIDEO
www.telemadrid.es

The King assures that El Prado identifies us " as a great nation "

The King has emphasized today that the extension of the Prado Museum is the reflection of the modernization of Spain in the last thirty years, that " it helps to identify us as a great nation ", and has affirmed that with this reform the international vocation of the art gallery is reinforced.

Don Juan Carlos accompanied of the Queen, the Princes of Asturias and the prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, has inaugurated this midday in Madrid the extension of the Prado Museum, the major one realized in almost two hundred years of history.

Both ladies looks great!!!... I want to go tl El Prado!

Wonderful pics to all. the lady's are very elegant. I hope large pics came...

I think that Princess Letizia should find her role has a princess very interesting has she was a Journalist she should be interested in everything that happens around her and be a Princess allow her to participate in almoust all important events that take place in Spain or are realted with Spain so i think that she should feel happy to participate and to see in loco all these important happenings!
http://i14.tinypic.com/6h6n2oz.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/4uyu71x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom