The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 16: September - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marezdote

Royal Highness
City
Baltimore
Country
United States
Here is the new thread for current events about the Spanish Royal Family. The previous thread can be found here.

Before posting please remember:
  • Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.
Have fun!

Interstitial - Noticia

The Royal Family will assist to the Rostropovich memorial concert tomorrow in Madrid

The Queen, the Dukes of Palma, the Dukes of Lugo and the Asturias will be there

I don't like Letizia's outfit at all, she looks insignificant to be honest.
Love the Queen and Elena's outfits, Rostropovich's daugther dress is pretty also and Cristina as lady as usual.

I don't like the Queen's outfit. It looks very pajama-like. And Cristina looks like she's going to work. Letizia is too black. Of course as always Elena is still the best dressed.

I thought Elena was best dressed. Liked Letizia but could have done with some colour

I don't like Letizia's outfit at all, she looks insignificant to be honest.
Love the Queen and Elena's outfits, Rostropovich's daugther dress is pretty also and Cristina as lady as usual.

I think it's joke, isen't it: lace top + evening pants = insignificant
normal jacket + evening pants = Lady

Very strange appreciation

In fact to be honest - because generally speaking we aren't, isen't it? - all the women of the Spain Royal Family were a little bite "insignificant", the Queen with her majorquin pygama :)eek:) the Princess with a reapetiting model - she wore it for the top at least five or six time; the pants I can't say because it's evening pants that you can match up with other top. The Infanta Elena, the same, reapeting model black and white in particular just after the summer when she is stil tan, as usual elegant, if one of the Infantas is a Lady - strange again observation- it will be certainely Elena!
Cristina grey jacket with black lapels and black pants, outfit yet wore too many time, not very "Lady" but young relaxed woman going to theater with distinguished friends it means not the evening of the gala!

Please, who were the women to be feast, who the Spain Royal Family, in particularly the women have to honour the widow of the Maestro Rostropovitch and his girls.

Yesterday night, itwas not a beauty race, it was tribute for a great friend of the Spain Royal Family who was in mourning for his lost. Can you imagine one second all the women of the Spain Royal Family in other colors that the black, white, grey and as the Queen the violin? Can you imagine that the Princess and the Infantas have to be particularly glittering when the widow of a great maestro and his daugthers were at the first rank of the royal balcony near the Kings?

May be we have to analyze the outfits according the dress code of an event, it's a supposition!:angel:

I don't like Letizia's pants, which made the whole outfit too dark. She had a beautiful skirt to go with this lace top, why didn't she wear the skirt ? Try hard not to stand out because the other women in the SRF wore pants ? :cool: All the women in the SRF looked too casual compared to the family of Rostropovich.
I'm surprised that the King was there too. Doesn't he not like classical music ? :)

All the women in the SRF looked too casual compared to the family of Rostropovich.
:)

For that I agree with you. I add that they look as if they have decided to be a little back from the Rostropovitch family as if it was this family who has to be feast by giving the honour to be the most elegant, the Spain royal Family has to be more discret:flowers:

Last edited:
I think it's joke, isen't it: lace top + evening pants = insignificant
normal jacket + evening pants = Lady

Very strange appreciation

To me being a lady have a little to do with wearing pants or not, Jackie O was a lady even in shorts, maybe we don't give the word the same meaning in English as in Spanish, I'll give you however that maybe it wasn't the best word to use at that moment or to describe what I wannted to said.

To me, again, to me, she looks insignificant with such a black outfit, almost lost on the picture; she's already petite she dosn't need to accentuate that, that outfit did nothing for her, I wish she would of use more color, maybe a long shirt or a fine dress, maybe a pashmina, I don't know, something more elegant and interesting that set her appart as the rest of the ladys did or as we do when we have an special occasion and I'm not saying that as a bad critic, when she wore the beautiful dress on Palma (the bubble one) I'd praise her, I was expecting something in that cord for tonight. The Queen, Cristina and Elena were more, let say regal, more into the ocassion, the Queen outfit is a beautiful one for the Queen's age, not bored, a beautiful fabric, the Queen is really into those kind of tunics and pants, she has a lot of versions but they are "happy" clothes yet very suitable for the ocassions, to my test, Elena was the best but of course she's a very elegant woman wit a great body and body posture that looks good even on flats and a t-shirt and that helps.

I loved it when Letizia wore this lace top with a black skirt. I don't care so much for the pants because it loses some of the femininity of the top. But I'm glad to see her active again these past few days aside from the vacation pictures.
Elena looks great in her white and black outfit. It's a classic combination.

The most elegant women of the night were Rostropovich's daughters; beautiful, classy, elegant:flowers:

Queen Sofia's been using that pijama/tunic thing for a while now, and even if I'm not crazy about it, it kinda suits her in a way

Elena looks awesome as always, when she doesn't overdo the outfits or goes too "baroque" she's the best dressed lady of the SRF:)

I really like Cristina's jacket (giving some light to her outfit) and the pants compliment it perfectly:)

Letizia's jacket is nice, would have been nicer with a skirt, but since it was a long skirt/pants kind of occassion, I guess that's why she wore pants (long skirts and the jacket wouldn't look good on her since she's short, gowns are another thing ;) ) she should have chosen another color combination, she's naturally thin but black makes her look even thinner (as it does for every women and thank God for that! :D) and she's the only woman wearing sandals (which are more suited for skirts and dresses than for pants, she likes air on her toes :lol:, when she's not wearing sandals, she's wearing open-toe heels), all the other women were wearing closed heels; she doesn't look entirely bad, but since she's petite in comparison with the rest of the family, she shouldn't have chosen a color that wouldn't allow her to stand out somehow, she looks almost "not-there" because of that:rolleyes:

Last edited:
thank for these pics!!!

letizia looks great as usual!!! she's very elegant with her total black look!!!of course she should have worn a dress but with her pants she's great too!!!
I love her hair!!!
she's my princess!!!lol

To me being a lady have a little to do with wearing pants or not, Jackie O was a lady even in shorts, maybe we don't give the word the same meaning in English as in Spanish, I'll give you however that maybe it wasn't the best word to use at that moment or to describe what I wannted to said.

To me, again, to me, she looks insignificant with such a black outfit, almost lost on the picture; she's already petite she dosn't need to accentuate that, that outfit did nothing for her, I wish she would of use more color, maybe a long shirt or a fine dress, maybe a pashmina, I don't know, something more elegant and interesting that set her appart as the rest of the ladys did or as we do when we have an special occasion and I'm not saying that as a bad critic, when she wore the beautiful dress on Palma (the bubble one) I'd praise her, I was expecting something in that cord for tonight. The Queen, Cristina and Elena were more, let say regal, more into the ocassion, the Queen outfit is a beautiful one for the Queen's age, not bored, a beautiful fabric, the Queen is really into those kind of tunics and pants, she has a lot of versions but they are "happy" clothes yet very suitable for the ocassions, to my test, Elena was the best but of course she's a very elegant woman wit a great body and body posture that looks good even on flats and a t-shirt and that helps.
Rania, The word insignificant, is not the right word to describe letizia's Outfit.Please just say she doesn't look Elegant.That's the word I think you want to say.Saying she's insignificant means she's a nobody.And if she's a nobody then we all here are a nobody.I just saying this to you in a friendly way.And my opinion on how they all look? They all look Cheap for that event.They look like they went out for dinner.I think Letizia was more Elegant the day she took leonor to daycare.

In my opinion Elena was best dressed. I don't like Letizias outfit.

I loved Elena's outfit. She always looks classy.. I noticed in one of the pics that she and Jaime we're smiling, which is nice. We don't see that very often. I agree with RaniaRocks that Letizia is so petite and accentuates that with this outfit as she does with almost every outfit she wears..

they are all very beutiful and elegant in my opion. thanks for the photos

Rania, The word insignificant, is not the right word to describe letizia's Outfit.Please just say she doesn't look Elegant.That's the word I think you want to say.Saying she's insignificant means she's a nobody.And if she's a nobody then we all here are a nobody.I just saying this to you in a friendly way.And my opinion on how they all look? They all look Cheap for that event.They look like they went out for dinner.I think Letizia was more Elegant the day she took leonor to daycare.

thanks for your words, it's exactly the purposes of mines.

First, if the princess of Asturias is insignificant, why all this smocked theories to try to prove that? Yes i'm going on :strange

Then, as I said upon all the women of the Spain Royal Family were staying in the background by comparaison of the Rostropovitch ones many more elegant exactly as if the were at the "Première" of an Opera.
For the Queen, i'm sorry, but she can be very elegant whithout to try to hide her age but never with her pyjamas which make her older in particular with this kind of design. Look at Galina Vitnechvskia ( sorry, I don't check the ortograph) who is may be more elder than the Queen, her outfit absolutly elegant and attractive

As you know, in Paris now, people don't dress them with elegancy when they go to the Opera Garnier or to the Opera Bastille or to the Theater of Champs Elysees, the main places where we have great representtions, except for special occasion like this one, but even in this case it's cocktail dress an not gala one - except so for very specific and traditional occasion-. I don't know if it's the case in Madrid, but it looks like a little as if people don't dress them "de gala" for such event. Curiously it's not the case neither in Saint Petersbourg nor in Moscou.

Last edited:
curiosity!! in a program of tv they talk abaut that the SRF go to dinner, all of them, after the conciert.

Elena looks wonderful, loved the outfit and the hair! Very classy and cutting edge at the same time. Letizia is lovely as ever, I really like the "see thru" tops that she wears, fun yet elegant at the same time. Christina looks good but a tad boring compared to Elena & Letizia, not very fashion forward. The Queen is always lovely, I have to say that she has fun with her clothes regardless of her age, and I for one admire that, even though some of the recent outfits do look a little like my mother's pajamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom