The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 16: September - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long dresses for "just" official dinner?

Yes, it is strange. The long suits are not in the habit of dressing them in this type of dinners, and any more if the men go with a simple suit. Maybe the First Lady of Uruguay was bringing long suit, and they have chosen for the same thing.

More photos from terra

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070918/721707b15e7eag.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070918/721707b1668d7g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070918/721707b16bae5g.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures, thank you all. Queen Sofia looks amazing, love the dress. I also absolutely love Letizia's outift, especially the skirt, great colour, lovely bracelet. It's nice to see the King and letizia talking and smiling together. Has anyone else noticed the first lady's height? It's hilarious, she's so tiny :lol:

Yes, in the group photo it´s funny - Felipe is so tall and the First Lady of Uruguay is so tiny!

The skirt is precious, which do not like is as she takes I the hair today, I believe that there was been better Letizia with gathering.
Thank you!

OMG - Letizia's hairdresser had a day off today, that's for sure. She looks totally stressed out and skinnier than ever. The skirt is nice but looks terrible with this polo-shirt-turned-into-a-blouse :eek: It would have been so easy to do better, with an elegant and suitable top and a proper hairdo :rolleyes:

The Queen is very elegant with a recycled outfit.

btw, thanks for the link lula.

You are desapointing a lot me my dearest D of M, the outfit of the Princess is - but it's not sure it's deliberate - a "declinaison" of a very successful model of Yves Saint Laurent in the 80's. It was quiet the same model with this kind of shirt, the shirt was whithout flounce but with the famous Saint Laurent's darts... I have to say to you it was the time where people dressed to go out for dinner with the famous "chic parisien" if you know what I mean.:flowers:

and for the "proper" hairdo you make ma tink at my Old Grand Mother - I loved her very much - who told me the same think fourty years ago.....

Be cool D of M, for Paris the princess will be up to the situation, it's not a "dinner de gala avec tiare" isen't it:flowers::)

For these who have a weight problem or who consider that the Princess of Asturias is a walking skeleton, hereby the pic of a marvelous woman who had been the muse of Hubert de Givenchy a so refined french designer, I called Haudrey Hepburn

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( private collection)

I have some trubbles to understand why the Princess of Asturias should be stuffed for being more fat when it's not neither her metabolism nor her silhouet.

In France we have a very trivial sentence to express this kind of situation and I apologize a lot in advance if I'm offending some of you:

" If my aunt should have ones, we have to call her my uncle "....:cool::shock:

OMG - Letizia's hairdresser had a day off today, that's for sure. She looks totally stressed out and skinnier than ever. The skirt is nice but looks terrible with this polo-shirt-turned-into-a-blouse :eek: It would have been so easy to do better, with an elegant and suitable top and a proper hairdo :rolleyes:

The Queen is very elegant with a recycled outfit.

btw, thanks for the link lula.

I have to agree with you the skirt is very nice but the top looks too casual.

I find the perfect top for a dinner like that. With something more formal the set had turned out to be excessively formal for an act that was not. It is necessary to remember that it is not a gala dinner,only a simple dinner, therefore it is not necessary to go totally formally. In other occasions they go to these dinners with dress of cocktail. There are no tiaras, are not decorations and the men dress simple suits. Probably, if it had been a gala dinner she would take another top, more formal and more adapted for the decorations.

I love Letizia's outfit for the dinner, it's bright and very fitting, yes she is slender but she looks radiant.

Letizia can pull off the hot pink very well. But her hair looks too unkempt for a dinner.

Princess Letizia looks extraordinarily chic this evening, from head to toe, including the hair. That straight, blunt cut is very now. The Queen looks lovely as well. The best part is the easy, open feel of the eveening. So many dinners with heads of state are so stiff and formal--this one actually had warmth. Maybe it was because it was not a gala.

The ladies look lovely. Isn't it strange that after all that was said and written about the distant relationship between Letizia and her father-in-law, suddenly she stands next to him for the photo shoot. Someone in their household must be visiting the RFB.

Stellad

Ilove what Letizia wore today, I find it very chic... The dinner was like special,everyone looks so confortable

I like the skirt and the color she chose, but I'm not too fond of the shirt. I wonder if it's by Carolina Herrera because long skirts and shirt top together is her signature. She needs volume with her hair, straight or ironed doesn't suit her :neutral:.

Letizia can pull off the hot pink very well. But her hair looks too unkempt for a dinner.

This is how I feel too. The hair is too casual.

I love the skirt. I can agree with the top in a different color. The different shades of pink are a bit distracting. It would look better with a black chiffon top, not a blouse but a simpler top. It still could look informal. The blouse doesn't go that well with the style of the skirt.

Who is the guy on the 2nd pic? At first I thought it was Andrea Casiraghi but it can't be him!:lol: There's no way he's in Spain now!!! He looks like Andrea w/ the blonde hair. I like Letizia's dress except for her hair. She can pull it up for a more elegant look or she could have curled it but her hair is too short for curly style. :ermm::rolleyes:

The pink skirt is really nice, beautiful, but the shirt looks cheap next to it, like mixing Armani collection and Zara sales, not to mention the platinum sandals:rolleyes:
Next time she should try to get a hairdo, loose hair is not the way to go for reunions like these, nor is the school-girl ponytail she's wearing lately, which unflatteringly shows her donkey-bangs

Last edited:
I love, love, love the skirt. It's just beautiful; however, the blouse does not seem to match. They almost look like two shades of pink. I do like her hairdo, but I think she looks too skinny, and the hair needs some fluff. However, when her hair is too fluffy, it makes her head look way too big and her body way too thin. She could have done better--I give Letizia a 4 out of 10!!!!

thanks for these beautiful pics!!!

Letizia is wonderful whith this pink dress!!!! I love her new style!!! she's very chic!!!

Thanks for the pictures Girls!! I Love letizia's skirt and her hair, but that shirt have to go.

This is how I feel too. The hair is too casual.

Letizia's hair is not styled at all, like she had been in a hurry, did a wash and go job and went to dinner. My only comfort is that at a gala occasion it will be impossible to do without a hairstylist as the tiara has to be fixed ;)

I don't understand that she's able do have some nicer hairstyles during the last week but turns up with a sloppy hairdo for a dinner with the Kings and foreign guests.

I love the skirt. I can agree with the top in a different color. The different shades of pink are a bit distracting. It would look better with a black chiffon top, not a blouse but a simpler top. It still could look informal. The blouse doesn't go that well with the style of the skirt.
Exactly - there would have been plenty of options that still looked informal enough for the occasion.

Thanks for the pictures. Letizia looked great. I love her outfit, especially the colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom