The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 16: September - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Letizia looked very lovely, I have always liked this lace top very much, and the pants don´t bother me. Her hairdo was beautiful. Infanta Elena was very elegant, Infanta Cristina very boring, I was so disappointed with her outfit. The Queen is always lovely, last night also.

Rania, The word insignificant, is not the right word to describe letizia's Outfit.Please just say she doesn't look Elegant.That's the word I think you want to say.Saying she's insignificant means she's a nobody.And if she's a nobody then we all here are a nobody.I just saying this to you in a friendly way.And my opinion on how they all look? They all look Cheap for that event.They look like they went out for dinner.I think Letizia was more Elegant the day she took leonor to daycare.

When I said insignificant was not in a derogatory way, not in the concept you are explaining to me now but rather like a "little thing" in the picture, in Spanish when we are bad dressed, too thin, even too shy or we look bad, could be even a matter of what you projected to others, we used to say insignificant, "oh, she looks so insignificant Today", meaning not relevant or not shine, I guess is the same meaning in English but not 100% sure, I'd have hear the phrase "insignificant dress" or "she looks insignificant in that dress" when talking about fashion but again I didn't tried to be offensive, I was more trying to said what I'd just explained to you.

Thank you for being nice.

Last edited:
Is queen's pendant new? i think princess letizia also get a new ring.

Thanks, Cristina was very elegant and beautiful!!!

Princess Letizia looked very lovely, I have always liked this lace top very much, and the pants don´t bother me. Her hairdo was beautiful. Infanta Elena was very elegant, Infanta Cristina very boring, I was so disappointed with her outfit. The Queen is always lovely, last night also.

I agree with you LadyFinn. Letizia looked lovely, i don't love so much the pants, but the top is beautiful and her hair was perfect!. Elena elegant as always, I don't like Cristina's oufit, and The Queen lovely as always:flowers:

The Kings and the Princes of Asturias offer on Tuesday an official dinner to the President of Uruguay (sad that is not a dinner of gala :neutral:).

http://www.presidencia.gub.uy/_Web/noticias/2007/09/agenda_europa.pdf

20:50 hs Arrival of the President and Lady of Vázquez to the Royal palace Greet His Majesty the King of Spain, Don Juan Carlos I

21:00 hs Dinner offered by His Majesty the King of Spain, Don Juan Carlos I in honor of the President and Lady of Vázquez.
Words of His Majesty the King of Spain, Don Juan Carlos
Words of the President Tabaré Vázquez

23:15 hs Movement of the President, Lady of Vázquez and Official Procession, towards the Hotel Ritz

Thanks for the pics.

I was very disappointed the with SRF ladies apart from Elena, as this was the second time where there were no matching dresses for the occasion. I wonder how the Rostropovich family felt as they were dressed for a gala occasion.

The Queen - another pyjama outfit, maybe she forgot that the Majorca vacation is over?
Elena - classy, elegant and the best proof that a woman does not have to be pretty to look great.
Christina - too casual although she looks great and I love her outfit
Letizia - she recycled an elegant jacket that she wore on different occasions together with an elegant skirt and black pumps. Had she stuck by that I wouldn't complain but these pants and open shoes look terrible on her. I wonder who keeps telling her that tight pants look good on her :eek: they make her look like a skeleton as she is already petite. I can't help myself but there are pictures where she looks good but somehow old and tired as her face is only skin and bones. She's only 35 and I better try not to imagine how she will be aging.

Looking at the group pic I thought that Letizia almost vanishes within the family and from her body language she seems to ask herself do I belong here? No sign of a self confident woman who is sure of her position and role. And, of course, Cristina is to be found as far apart as possible from her beloved sister in law :lol:

Letizia's outfit.

Letizia is always elegant but I do think this outfit would have been better if her trousers had been less tapering. If they had been similar to the Infanta Elena's - only black.
:wub:

When was the last gala event (tiaras and stuff) we have seen Letizia in?
There have been other events in Spain and abroad in that time
I think it was February 2006, when Putin visited Spain
I'd like to see what would she wear to something like that, 'cuz her clothing tastes are "exotic" to say the least ;)

When was the last gala event (tiaras and stuff) we have seen Letizia in?
There have been other events in Spain and abroad in that time
I think it was February 2006, when Putin visited Spain
I'd like to see what would she wear to something like that, 'cuz her clothing tastes are "exotic" to say the least ;)

Yes, Putin in Feb 2006. That outfit was too much of everything, totally overpowering her. The next gala event will come, that's for sure and I hope Caprile will pull off something more suitable for petite Letizia ;)

Looking at the group pic I thought that Letizia almost vanishes within the family and from her body language she seems to ask herself do I belong here? No sign of a self confident woman who is sure of her position and role. And, of course, Cristina is to be found as far apart as possible from her beloved sister in law :lol:

In the group picture posted by crisinaki, Letizia had the most confident smile apart from the Queen. http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/dagmarnat2/CRISTINA 5/Visual_090875_006.jpg
I agree with Taree, she should have worn a pair of wide leg dress pants like Elena.

Yes, Putin in Feb 2006. That outfit was too much of everything, totally overpowering her. The next gala event will come, that's for sure and I hope Caprile will pull off something more suitable for petite Letizia ;)

Yeah, I hope so, it's funny to guess what's she's gonna wear next, as long as it isn't about the last "basket ball disaster outfit", it's ok:D

Yeah, I hope so, it's funny to guess what's she's gonna wear next, as long as it isn't about the last "basket ball disaster outfit", it's ok:D

:lol: Tonight is the final so let's hope she does better than last time :lol:

While she delivers the winner's trophy to Spain,to my as if she dress with the vest of the Spanish selection...:spainflag::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Negative as Felipe will deliver the trophy ;) He could have become a basketballer himself, at least he's tall enough :) I am not spanish but I hope they'll make it. It's always a great feeling when a the home team can make it to the top :ROFLMAO:

i'm sorry to disappoint you Duke but Spain lost, in a very bad way IMO. :(

i'm sorry to disappoint you Duke but Spain lost, in a very bad way IMO. :(
That's sad and the circumstances are even more sad and unlucky. Everyone who has witnessed a national team winning a major championship at home, no matter what country or sport, will agree nothing else can beat that feeling. But Spain won the Volleyball EM, at least a little comfort.

Zapatero shouldn't be allowed to go to the sports events, everytime he does, we lose :ermm:

Last edited:
... so he better stays at home when the SRF goes to Bejing next year :D
How is he and Spanish sportsmen when they're plaing at home?
Maybe he shouldn't go for any championships at home or in foreign countries...

... so he better stays at home when the SRF goes to Bejing next year :D

For it before he has to gain the elections ;)... It is true next year there are Olympic Games in China, there we will see many royal families. In Spain there will be in addition Universal Exhibition in Zaragoza, so the Spanish Royal Family will have a busy summer.

For it before he has to gain the elections ;)... It is true next year there are Olympic Games in China, there we will see many royal families. In Spain there will be in addition Universal Exhibition in Zaragoza, so the Spanish Royal Family will have a busy summer.

Correct. The Olympic Games will take place from August 8 - 24, during the usual Majorca vacation time period. When will the elections take place - definitely earlier, something like March or April? So maybe someone else will travel instead of Zap and bring more luck along for the spanish participants :lol:

well, Rajoy, Espe, Gallardón aren't lucky charms either:ermm: (even if no one beats ZP, the legendary "GAFE" of Spain :D)

I guess the SRF will go to the Olympic Games just like they have done in the last 15 years or so, I hope so, KJC brings a lot of luck to our boys and girls!:D

Dinner in honour of President Tabare at the Royal Palace

ANP Beeldbank

Make commentaries about dress is not my cup of tea, but I have to say that I like very much the gown of the Queen - it's not the first time she is wearing it, but at the opposite of her dearest pyjamas, this dress has a look young and in relation to her habitual way of dress: simple, elegant, refined colors.

The Princess a true success, young, simple elegant and refined colors. The silouet absolutly fantastic. I want the same gown for my next dinner.

Dinner in honour of President Tabare at the Royal Palace

ANP Beeldbank

OMG - Letizia's hairdresser had a day off today, that's for sure. She looks totally stressed out and skinnier than ever. The skirt is nice but looks terrible with this polo-shirt-turned-into-a-blouse :eek: It would have been so easy to do better, with an elegant and suitable top and a proper hairdo :rolleyes:

The Queen is very elegant with a recycled outfit.

btw, thanks for the link lula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom