The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 10: May - September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The king always this thus when he puts before the cameras. Because he would have to be by Letizia? then in the other act in which he is next to her and he jokes with her; he is being false? :confused:

In which tv program you have listened to this?

It's not very serious to pretend that the King could be sad because he would be beside the Princess, it's a too superficial argument for a man so serious and so involve on his high responsabilities.

The King is quiet always serious on all "family shots", it's normal because it's official pic for an official act and not a private pic for internal use.

If the King looks so serious, may be we can ask if the Spain isn't encountering serious political problems ? In my opinion, it's a better reason for the face of the King.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/rey_filipinas_felicita_trascendencia_abolicion_961291.htm

HM the King congratulated today the president of Philippines, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, for the abolition of the capital punishment in her country, last June 24th. During the toasts, Don Juan Carlos praised the “the sense of State” of Macapagal.

The King assured that this decision, adopted by the Congress and the Senate of Philippines, “constitutes a transcendental fact, without precedents in Asia”, as Philippines “joins thus the group of Nations that, like Spain, is making an effort to eradicate such a cruel and unfair pain that attempts against the human rights”.

In addition to this, Don Juan Carlos thanked the president for having decreed three days of official mourning in Philippines, when the terrorist attacks of March 11th 2004 took place in Madrid.

Both the King and Macapagal agreed on the necessity to deepen the relations between these countries, and the Monarch pleaded the Spanish language to be impelled in the Philippines.

During his speech, Don Juan Carlos stood out the fact that this first official visit of the President to Spain takes place on June 30th, when the Day of the Friendship between Philippines and Spain is celebrated.

They look very good!
lula, it's a shame london features' photos are so smal :(

The Queen must really like this blue outfit -- she's worn it three times now in the past two weeks or so: in Norway, Thailand and again back in Spain.

From newscom (Probably someone registered could put them in big, please)

Alexandria said:
The Queen must really like this blue outfit -- she's worn it three times now in the past two weeks or so: in Norway, Thailand and again back in Spain.

Maybe she wants to make a point or give a message to the press that they do recycle their clothes.

Ariel said:
Maybe she wants to make a point or give a message to the press that they do recycle their clothes.

She does not have to give any message, has done it for 30 years, is not any innovation. And if she likes the suit more she repeats it. Last year was a green suit.;)

PPE posted three pics of this event...when they post a lot of pics of other royal families :mad:

Attachments

• 06063097.jpg
    06063097.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 06063098.jpg
    06063098.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 06063099.jpg
    06063099.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 236
nayralorenzo said:
The king is very serious...I hope is not because he is near Letizia...I hear it some days ago in a tv program and I was very sad.

what's the story? i thought the king and letizia got along very well?

lula said:
She does not have to give any message, has done it for 30 years, is not any innovation. And if she likes the suit more she repeats it. +Last year was a green suit.;)

Thanks for the clarification, i dont know her that well, but i know the press always attack royals for the clothes they buy or not. Ive always read that she uses very good clothes, but i think it is the least think she can do as she is the queen and should dress accordingly.

Princess Letizia looks very beautiful and elegant,she really has excellent taste,her suits are gorgeous,thanks everybody for pictures of the beautiful Letizia:)

nayralorenzo said:
The king is very serious...I hope is not because he is near Letizia...I hear it some days ago in a tv program and I was very sad.
You're kidding, right? This is probably one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard on this board.

Letizia looks lovely, i can't wait to see her in a gala dress tomorrow.:)

planetcher said:
They are going though.

where did you hear about it?:confused:
I'm not saying I don't believe you, I find it strange that there isn't a single mention in the Acts Calendar at the website, that's all...;)

crisiñaki said:
where did you hear about it?:confused:
I'm not saying I don't believe you, I find it strange that there isn't a single mention in the Acts Calendar at the website, that's all...;)
I saw the list of guests on the Infanta board.

When are we going to see them all relaxed, sailing in Palma?

thanks everyone for the pics of the visit of Gloria Macapagal Arroyo! i couldn't get enough articles and photos locally and i had to rely here at TRF. :)

it seems that everyone had the 'blues' lately...the other day it was GMA in blue, then yesterday it was the Queen and Princess Letizia. they looked lovely! (and i'm a bit biased there because blue is my fave color :D)

GMA looked cute standing between the King and Prince Felipe! and planetcher, Luli was also there at the luncheon, but i didn't see her talk to Prince Felipe.

thanks again!

crisiñaki said:
So far I haven't seen anything about Luxembourg in the http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Cronicas.jsp:confused::confused::confused:

The Prince commented it on thursday, and in the lists of guests that in Internet, it appears that they will be present at the dinner of today. Yesterday they had not come in time for the dinner because in Spain they had an official luncheon. Besides, it is necessary to bear in mind that it looks like on that today Laura Ponte will have her daughter, she and her husband besides cousins are very good friends of the Princes, tododay it is the first bithday of their son Luis, and the Prince is his godfather. They have had divide to be in everything.;)

But it doesn´t appear in the official agenda is because they can consider a private act , for being an invitation how members of the royalty and not an institutional invitation.

Phil. President in Spain

I was so jealous that our President had the chance to meet the Princess of Asturias! They say that Letizia looked tiny when standing beside Felipe well, what do you think of our president standing between felipe and JC? ;) :D :D
No offense to our president but she looked like a hobbit in that picture! :) Anyway, I was wondering when can I meet Letizia? Maybe when she visits the Phils...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!;)

Larzen said:
Shiny and shinier:p Letizia has better taste in jewellery than clothes, I always want her earrings.
alfaqui/AP

Dear friend, I agree with you the taste of the Princess for the jewells are estupendous and her earrings ... faboulous !!

For her outfit, the first time, I saw it, I hasn't quiet fan, but yesterday it's was better. It's elegant, refined, well cut and a litlle bit old fashion in the same time young with a "dancing" skirt. Finally, I find it good, even if it's not the best one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandria said:
My thought exactly, Alexandria.. This is a nice combination of colour & dress, but hmm... within a month, 3 times already (even though it's in different country, so outside the press, and the royal watchers, it would be hardly noticable)? :D The Queen needs to dig deeper into her wardrobes... :D :D :p

madeleine victoria said:
I was so jealous that our President had the chance to meet the Princess of Asturias! They say that Letizia looked tiny when standing beside Felipe well, what do you think of our president standing between felipe and JC? ;) :D :D
No offense to our president but she looked like a hobbit in that picture! :) Anyway, I was wondering when can I meet Letizia? Maybe when she visits the Phils...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!;)

I feel the same... I wish I were in the Royal Palace too to meet the King and Queen as well as the Prince and Princess of Asturias. I like the suggestion of Felipe and Letizia visiting the Philippines. I think that my world will turn upside down whey they do... I'll do whatever I can to be able to see them. ;)

kartheina said:
I feel the same... I wish I were in the Royal Palace too to meet the King and Queen as well as the Prince and Princess of Asturias. I like the suggestion of Felipe and Letizia visiting the Philippines. I think that my world will turn upside down whey they do... I'll do whatever I can to be able to see them. ;)
They might just have to because there will be another Cervantes Institute to open in Manila.

planetcher said:
They might just have to because there will be another Cervantes Institute to open in Manila.

Thanks for the tip... Now I have a new found motivation to re-take some Spanish language classes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom