The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Look at the wonderful reception Leonor got and what a confident young royal lady.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Leonor seemed a bit nervous which is natural. But other than that, she did so well. The people were also supporting her, and she waved at them for several times

Also, despite wearing a mask, she was clearly smiling all the time. It seems that she really enjoyed her first official solo event. Perhaps, we are going to see a few more solo events this year, before she goes to Wales.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

People I know who have conversed with King Felipe always commented on how warm, interested and charismatic he comes across. I get the feeling Leonor will be the same. She was a bit nervous but that makes her more endearing, and she actually looks eager to do the job, so that's a credit to her parents and how comfortable they've made her feel about her role.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

From the videos I have watched I think Leonor did a great job - she is a credit to both of her parents.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:12 PM
Gentry

The Princess of Asturias would make any parent and kingdom proud.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think Leonor did very well, growing up with great teachers like her parents or her grandmother. Maybe she was a bit nervous, but it didn't really show and she'll be a professional in no time. Her father is the best role model, he doesn't have days off or at least never shows it.

I liked the outfit as well, a mixture between teenager and adult.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I saw no signs of nervousness. She did well- like we knew she would!

What is the significance of her putting the books in the locker?
Old 03-24-2021, 02:05 PM
Majesty

i felt her a bit shy and as if she didn't engage much with her guests, but overall she seemed to do great, i assume it is no easy feat to be in the spotlight for the first time.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:54 PM
Nobility

I am very proud of my princess. Her smile reaches her eyes. She is sweet, beautiful, smart, and ready to embrace her future. For me it is very special and today is a day of great pride for all Spaniards. She will be a great queen!
Her voice has changed and her diction and her way of mastering language, she is exactly like her mother. She will be amazing.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

More photos of Princess Leonor's visit to the Cervantes Institute.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...io-imagenes/1/
Old 03-24-2021, 06:38 PM
Gentry

She appears to have a sense of humility and appreciation for her role. Very impressive. The perfect combination of her parents. Felipe and Letizia must be bursting with pride.

I believe the future Queens of Europe will set quite a standard, and I think Leonor, in particular, may become the standard by which all future monarchs are judged. JMHO.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Congratulations to the Princess of Asturias on her first solo public engagement, which I think she carried out beautifully and with great charm, dignity and professionalism. I imagine she will have felt nervous, but I do hope the warmth of the greetings she got gave her some confidence.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I saw no signs of nervousness. She did well- like we knew she would!

What is the significance of her putting the books in the locker?
They are symbols for history. She deposits two books in the "Caja de las Letras"("Letter´s box") in the vault of the Instituto Cervantes to serve as a witness to history

The Instituto Cervantes has a vault in where many writers and public figures have deposited books and manuscripts to form a time capsule. The future queen received the box number 2021 to deposit the book Don Quixote that she read with her sister last year, and the copy of our Constitution that she read in her first public act.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:05 PM
Aristocracy

Leonor did a wonderful job! She looked so happy to be there. Due to the masks it was difficult to tell if she was talking much to her hosts or the people she met. When it was time to leave, her wave was not as natural as I’ve seen it before. Very poised and professional - delightful!

Loved her hair, dress, lovely smile in her eyes. So glad she didn’t look 18 or older. I am curious: at what age is it acceptable for teens to wear makeup? Not that Leonor needs any, I am just wondering about the customs in Spain.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Well done Leonor.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:53 AM
Courtier

Her parents must be very proud of her. What a beautiful, confident young lady.
Old 03-25-2021, 04:38 AM
Gentry

Letizia got so much criticism about how she raised those girls (some saying they were too shielded, others saying she was too strict and not "warm" enough) yet Leonor did so well yesterday. Really happy that it all went well and she seemed so happy through it all.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:20 AM
Serene Highness

My she has grown! To think she'll be 18 in almost 2 years

The current Crown Princesses are a force to be reckoned with!
Old 03-25-2021, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Leonor did so well when she made a question with a mic. She sounded nervous, but she spoke without any sheet of paper. It reminded me of my days in College, trying to speak out loud without any sheet of paper or guidance (I was always so nervous on the inside but tried my best to speak without breaks).
Old 04-16-2021, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Infanta Sofía will receive military training, like her sister, Princess Leonor.

According to reliable sources consulted by "Monarquia Confidencial", the novelty is that his sister, the Infanta Sofía, will also receive a military training, similar to that given to Leonor, something that did not happen, for example, with the sisters of Felipe de Borbón, the infantas Elena and Cristina. La Zarzuela considers that the person who is "number two" in the succession to the Crown must also receive a specific and complete training, and in this case including the military aspect.
https://monarquia.elconfidencialdigi...725066937.html

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias