Queen Letizia's Current Events, Part 3: March 2019 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the Queen got down on the level of the children, talked to them, ‘played’ the piano with them, and took their hands for picture time! Beautiful!

Here'a a video from the International Contemporary Art Fair-ARCOmadrid in Madrid earlier today :previous:

Here'a another video from the Mutua Madrilena foundation in Madrid.

Her Majesty the Queen will travel to Durham (United Kingdom) to visit, in the company of His His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, the “Zurbarán. the twelve tribes of Israel: Jacob and his sons” Collection and attend the opening ceremony of the “Spanish Gallery of Auckland Castle”, the first gallery in the United Kingdom dedicated to the art, history and culture of Spain.

https://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividades/Paginas/actividades_actividades_detalle.aspx?data=15247

Last edited:
:previous:

Queen Letizia was at Auckland Castle today, April 5, to view the collection "Zurbarán: The Twelve Tribes of Israel: Jacob and his Sons" and to attend the opening of the Spanish Gallery of Bishop Auckland:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** casareal **

a video of Queen Letizia at Auckland Castle with the Prince of Wales

I love seeing the two of them together. I noticed the PoW didn't bow to the Queen, he simply greeted her.

a video of Queen Letizia at Auckland Castle with the Prince of Wales

I love seeing the two of them together. I noticed the PoW didn't bow to the Queen, he simply greeted her.

This is the second time, in recent years, that Letizia has visited the UK and carried out joint engagements with Prince Charles relating to the Arts. The last engagement was at the National Gallery in London.

Did anyone else bow or curtsy to the Queen? I noticed that many Brits normally don’t bow or especially curtsy to foreign Kings and Queens.

It could be that they had first met earlier in the day, perhaps for tea with the Princess of Asturias, and so it did not require a bow. Although one might consider lowering ones head ever so slightly to kiss the hand a bow. The PoW is pretty good about observing protocol.

The Queen looks lovely and like she is enjoying herself. I love these kind of engagements. Her hair is also looking extra lush, I like this look on her.

It could be that they had first met earlier in the day, perhaps for tea with the Princess of Asturias, and so it did not require a bow. Although one might consider lowering ones head ever so slightly to kiss the hand a bow. The PoW is pretty good about observing protocol.

The Queen looks lovely and like she is enjoying herself. I love these kind of engagements. Her hair is also looking extra lush, I like this look on her.

I doubt they met for tea with the Princess of Asturias since she is still at school in Wales, which is quite far from Bishop Auckland (in northern England).

The Prince of Wales seems to be very close to the Spanish royals, which is not surprising since King Felipe VI is his second cousin once removed in the Greek line and his third cousin once removed in the Battenberg line.

Greek line

George I of Greece -> Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark -> Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh -> Prince Charles, Prince of Wales.

George I of Greece -> Constantine I of Greece --> Paul of Greece --> Sofía, Queen Consort of Spain ---> Felipe VI of Spain.

Battenberg line

Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine ---> Louis Mountbatten, Marquess of Milford Haven---> Alice, Princess Andrew of Greece ---> Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh -->Prince Charles, Prince of Wales.

Prince Alexander of Hesse and By Rhine ---> Prince Henry of Battenberg ---> Victoria Eugenie, Queen Consort of Spain ---> Infantte Juan, Count of Barcelona --> Juan Carlos I of Spain ---> Felipe VI of Spain

In the Victoria line, I believe they are fourth cousins.

Victoria of the United Kingdom--> Edward VII of the United Kingdom --> George V of the United Kingdom --> George VI of the United Kingdom ---> Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom ---> Prince Charles, Prince of Wales.

Victoria of the United Kingdom --> Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom ---> Victoria Eugenie, Queen Consort of Spain --> Infante Juan, Count of Barcelona --> Juan Carlos I of Spain ---> Felipe VI of Spain.

An alternative Victoria line for Prince Charles (via Prince Philip) would be:

Victoria of the United Kingdom ---> Alice, Grand Duchess Consort of Hesse and by Rhine --> Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine --> Alice, Princess Andrew of Greece ---> Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh ---> Prince Charles, Prince of Wales.

Last edited:
Did anyone else bow or curtsy to the Queen? I noticed that many Brits normally don’t bow or especially curtsy to foreign Kings and Queens.
Even if others don't do it- it is expected that Charles as PoW would as he knows protocol.

I am sure I have seen videos of him with Letizia before and he simply greets her and kisses her hand with a nod. I think this is his bow

Here's a video from the SM Awards for Children's and Youth Literature ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom