Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 4: February 2008 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no question that the media coverage about the private citizen Telma Ortiz is disgusting and of course her decision where to live and bring up her child should not depend on the paparazzi's behaviour. But, when looking at the past weeks and what her sister Erika had to endure, Telma can be sure that being chased will become a part of her daily life in the foreseeable future, meaning a major loss of quality of life for her. That's sad but a fact and won't go away. The question that she has to ask herself is if she wants to be annoyed every day with lots of unflattering pictures in the papers, of course always reflecting on her sister, or if she wants a life away from Madrid or even abroad and enjoy her privacy. It's really amazing that in Spain you can make your money with taking pictures of the siblings of a commoner CP who are not even involved in some scandals. That's really unique in the royal world, in a bad sense.

lula The Ortiz-Rocasolano, would have the whole right to take legal actions against the press, because the press has exceeded more than once the limits of the legality and the elementary rights. If they do not do it it is for not causing problems to the Princess and to the Royal Household. The problem is the attitude of the Royal House before the press, the minimal thing that they should do is to demand respect for this family and to give them protection.

They are very brave indeed not to sue. I wonder when enough is enough and they will finally take action. I understand that the Royal House is worried about the consequences that might be unpleasant for them but hey, why don't they recognize the family's attitude of staying out of conflicts and do a little more to support them?

Last edited:
She did that?? I think that even if she doesn't belong to the royal family she should know how to behave in public, her sister is going to be the next Queen of Spain and that should really mean something to her and to her family!!!!:bang: And beeing outside with her pink sleepers shoes doens't help at all :ohmy: What does Letizia think about this???

why react so strongly? you only saw photos and those photos don't even tell anything. just because she was photographed gesturing like she's mad doesn't mean she really was mad at that time. you weren't there.

and what does the princess have to do with all of this? Telma has her own life, she can wear whatever she wants. the slippers should be the least reason for such an issue. for crying out loud.

looking at a photo is like thinking what to say: look twice, look hard, and do not assume anything.

why react so strongly? you only saw photos and those photos don't even tell anything. just because she was photographed gesturing like she's mad doesn't mean she really was mad at that time. you weren't there.

and what does the princess have to do with all of this? Telma has her own life, she can wear whatever she wants. the slippers should be the least reason for such an issue. for crying out loud.

looking at a photo is like thinking what to say: look twice, look hard, and do not assume anything.

Yes of course I wasn't there that's why my question was: She did that????If and only if she has done that has some here have reported I think she did not act properly. She is the sister of the future Queen of Spain and I think, IMO of course, this say it all!Yes Telmas has her own life but you came eith your family and if your sister is going to be next Queen of Spain you also need to handle that consequence IMO!!!! She should't wear that slippers outside, that is not polite either correct :eek:

I read in Hola.com that it's a girl, is it true?

Hear, hear. The usual double standards. All we do here is judge from pictures - we are actually never there. So when we see a picture of Telma clearly losing her temper and yelling at a person it doesn't mean it's true because nobody was around in person to see what actually happened? Aha. That just makes me wonder why people are so sure that Felipe and Letizia are so much in love and have such a happy marriage - do they get their judgement from pictures or are they actually around in person to witness themselves? :rolleyes:

It seems to me that before the lack of Letizia's news there is very much boredom, and then it has to criticize her sister. Really it seems to me to be a bit sad.:rolleyes:

It seems to me that before the lack of Letizia's news there is very much boredom, and then it has to criticize her sister. Really it seems to me to be a bit sad.:rolleyes:

That's an understatement.

Just because she is the sister of the future Queen of Spain doesn't mean she should be stalked by the paparazzi. Telma is a private citizen. Plain and simple. To suggest that she isn't, guilty be association, because her sister is a public figure is absolutley absurd.

Telma has been looking very sloppy lately, unkempt, more like a bag lady than the pretty lady who used to sparkle at her sisters' events.

More pics of Telma. Not sure why she felt the need to wear her purple slippers outside on the street.
MediumPhoto
She's pregnant for goodness sake, and heavily pregnant at that.

I don't think I've seen a pregnant woman receive quite so much vitriol before.

Last edited:
I rather like Telma's attitude. She didn't like being stalked by the paparazzis, just told them in the face, nothing wrong. Erika was also bothered by the paparazzis a great deal, but she was always very friendly and nice, at the end didn't do herself any good.

You are doing speculations, without knows the one who is this person. I do not believe that he was a paparazzi, but assurance that in the television they had attacked her if she says something to the press.

Today I have seen in television, another terrible image, of this senseless press that exists in Spain. Thelma was in Toledo, was by night and the photographers and the television camera were following her. Really seeing it, I was afraid that at any time Thelma was stumbling and passing something worse.

You are doing speculations, without knows the one who is this person. I do not believe that he was a paparazzi, but assurance that in the television they had attacked her if she says something to the press.

Today I have seen in television, another terrible image, of this senseless press that exists in Spain. Thelma was in Toledo, was by night and the photographers and the television camera were following her. Really seeing it, I was afraid that at any time Thelma was stumbling and passing something worse.

I don't think that he was a paparazzi either but somebody she knew. What I don't get lula is this sentence ... but assurance that in the television they had attacked her if she says something to the press. Telma has any reason to sue or the Royal House has any reason to ask for protection and I cannot imagine that either party would be critizised for doing so. What happens at the moment is toleration of public harrassment of a private person. As much as this does not cast a positive light on the media it does not cast a positive light on the Royal House either. If they backed Telma it would mean backing Letizia, too. It somehow gives the impression that her family doesn't mean a thing to them.

What do you mean that You are afraid that at any time Telma was stumbling and passing something worse.

What do you mean that You are afraid that at any time Telma was stumbling and passing something worse.

Thelma is a pregnant woman of 8 months. If a photographer chases her focusing with a camera or a light on less than 1 meter of distance (in those images she was walking by night, in a narrow street and the photographers they were stuck to her), if photographers chase her car ... ultimately it can pass what already has happened in other occasions, falls, traffic accidents... The Spanish photographers are not calm paparazzi who do photos from a distance reasonable, often theyfollow the persons to short distance or chase their cars.

Thelma is a pregnant woman of 8 months. If a photographer chases her focusing with a camera or a light on less than 1 meter of distance (in those images she was walking by night, in a narrow street and the photographers they were stuck to her), if photographers chase her car ... ultimately it can pass what already has happened in other occasions, falls, traffic accidents... The Spanish photographers are not calm paparazzi who do photos from a distance reasonable, often theyfollow the persons to short distance or chase their cars.
Very true. It's a worrying situation for Telma .

I dont get Spanish press,yes,i understand her sister is the future Queen of Spain,but,why do they follow her around?! Weird!!!:rolleyes:

MediumPhoto

Princess Letizia´s sister Telma Ortiz his boyfirend Enrique Martin and her mother Paloma Rocasolano in Toledo 71 km South from Madrid Spain Telma Ortiz who will give birth her first son at the end of March is spending some days with her mother and his boyfriend in Toledo Wednesday 6 Mar 2008

I don't understand why the press feels they need to chase Telma around. She has a right to her privacy. It is Letizia who has chosen a public life not Telma.

Telma Ortiz´s boyfriend and father of her expecting baby celebrates his birthday with Telma and her mother, Paloma Rocasolano, in Toledo

PPE Agency

^ and now they know when Enrique's birthday is? Wow, they dig really deep!

:flowers:In a post above it states Telma is expecting a son. Is this speculation or confirmed?

I am more then surprised to see how much interest the press actually shows in Telma and her boyfriend. :ermm:

I don't think they have announced the gender. This may be a problem with translation. In Spanish, they can use the word "hijo" when someone is expecting but the gender is not known. It is like saying child.

:flowers:In a post above it states Telma is expecting a son. Is this speculation or confirmed?

The press says that she is a girl, but, who does know?

The press has come up to the end of the irrational thing. The weekend in Toledo 8 or 10 photographers were waiting in the door of the house of the parents of Enrique. They tried to block Plaoma in order that she had difficulties to leave the house in her car. When Paloma went away and the photographers were already alone in the street, they started fighting between them. :hammer:

And in addition, of it, some journalist say that everything is Thelma's fault because she does not want to appear in the photos and does not give explanations on her life.:ohmy:

In addition, they have commented that several thousands of Euros have paid for the firsts photos of pregnant THelma.

They are mad, and lose the sense of the reality, of what it is normal and of the minimal respect that the persons deserve.:bang:

Last edited:
They are mad, and lose the sense of the reality, of what it is normal and of the minimal respect that the persons deserve.:bang:
Definitely.
It's quite a phenomenon...
I cannot remember that something like this happened to any other siblings of Royals... The press rarely shows interest in them.
So, as I said before: the press' interest in Telma's pregnancy really surprised me... in a negative way!
Poor woman.. she shold be left alone. :bang:

FRANCISCO, GRANDFATHER OF DOÑA Letizia, INGRESADO BY AN ISSUE OF CARDIOLOGÍA

The father of Paloma Rocasolano was transferred to hospital last night Gregorio Maranon in Madrid, according to sources close to the family

Francisco Rocasolano, maternal grandfather of Princess of Asturias, entered today morning at the hospital Gregorio Maranon in Madrid according to sources close to the family. Don Francisco was transferred to the centre, after experiencing pain in the chest. At the moment, according to our information, is under the supervision of Dr Well in Unit Coronarios, where they treat patients with heart problems. The grandfather Doña Letizia is calm and conscious, but will remain under observation the next few hours though, as apparently his condition is not serious, could be discharged soon.

FRANCISCO, ABUELO DE DOÑA LETIZIA, INGRESADO POR UN PROBLEMA DE CARDIOLOGÍA

The grandfather taxi driver Letizia might be admitted to a hospital.The mother of Doña Letizia has denied.
El abuelo taxista de Letizia podría estar ingresado en un hospital - 20minutos.es

Last edited:
FRANCISCO, GRANDFATHER OF DOÑA Letizia, INGRESADO BY AN ISSUE OF CARDIOLOGÍA

The father of Paloma Rocasolano was transferred to hospital last night Gregorio Maranon in Madrid, according to sources close to the family

Francisco Rocasolano, maternal grandfather of Princess of Asturias, entered today morning at the hospital Gregorio Maranon in Madrid according to sources close to the family. Don Francisco was transferred to the centre, after experiencing pain in the chest. At the moment, according to our information, is under the supervision of Dr Well in Unit Coronarios, where they treat patients with heart problems. The grandfather Doña Letizia is calm and conscious, but will remain under observation the next few hours though, as apparently his condition is not serious, could be discharged soon.

FRANCISCO, ABUELO DE DOÑA LETIZIA, INGRESADO POR UN PROBLEMA DE CARDIOLOGÍA

Oh my God!! Hope everything will turn out well, and he'll be able to go home healthy again.

According to the television, Francisco Rocasolano is fine and his heart problem has not been very serious, tonight or tomorrow he will leave the hospital.

There are 30 members of the press at the door of the hospital.:ohmy:

According to the television, Francisco Rocasolano is fine and his heart problem has not been very serious, tonight or tomorrow he will leave the hospital.

There are 30 members of the press at the door of the hospital.:ohmy:

Thanks for the good new's Lula, I'm glad to hear he's alright.
Can't believe there are 30 members of the dress there :eek:

Princess Letizia's grandfather in heart attack scare

Good to hear that Francisco is better. Whatever will happen I think it's a gift for a person in Letizia's age to still have 2 grandmothers and 1 grandfather, with the maternal grandparents both being around 90 years of age & in good health. That's really exceptional & something to be thankful for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom