Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 4: February 2008 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news!
Congratulations to Telma and Enrique :flowers:

Do we know her name ?

Congrats to, firstly, Telma and Enrique, but also Jesus, Paloma, Letizia, Carla, Leonor and Sofia with the new addition to their family.

I'm just sad that Erica couldn't experience this ..

MissSaga, it's been written all over that the baby will be named Amanda (although there have been no direct sources). ;)

is there any news about the visit of CR Letizia to her sister? BTW, where Telma lives?

^ there has been no news about such a visit, and most news about the birth came through unofficial sources and the paparazzi that the veracity of these is doubtful.

and all news indicate that Telma currently lives in Madrid with her (new) family.

Vanitatis.com - Telma Ortiz y sus ventajas maternales

Paloma B complaints about special treatment that Telma obviously got when going through the process of registrering her daughter at the civil register.

However, the girl is now registered, her name Amanda official and it seems that Telma Ortiz Rocasolano & Enrique Martin Llop are a non-married couple.

Vanitatis.com - Telma Ortiz y sus ventajas maternales

Paloma B complaints about special treatment that Telma obviously got when going through the process of registrering her daughter at the civil register.

However, the girl is now registered, her name Amanda official and it seems that Telma Ortiz Rocasolano & Enrique Martin Llop are a non-married couple.

So there is no picture of Telma in and out of central Madrid's Register's office, she must receive the special treatment ? How ridiculous ! Does this woman or anyone else really know where Telma is ? Madrid (which part ?) ? Toledo ? Asturias ? Mars ? :lol:

Last edited:
What is the big deal? She is probably trailed by photographers so why not make it possible for her to register in private. We should complain about the papparazzi and not the victims.

Please bear with me, but which sister of Letizia killed herself? Not Telma?
Thanks.
R.

:previous: The sister who died was Erika, the youngest. The reasons for her death was declared as overdose of barbiturates (?), but the topic of Erika killing herself is talked about in hushed tones.

It is official that Erika left suicide notes that were found at the scene by police and later handed back to the addressees. Therefore I believe it's safe to say that Erika committed suicide, caused by an overdose of drugs (medicaments); the family neither confirmed officially (they are not obliged to do so) but also neither denied.

On another note, Telma's court case will be held on May 12th in Toledo. She is not expected to be there but only represented by her lawyers. There are rumours that she has left the country a while ago and now stays at a secret location in Switzerland with her family.

It is official that Erika left suicide notes that were found at the scene by police and later handed back to the addressees. Therefore I believe it's safe to say that Erika committed suicide, caused by an overdose of drugs (medicaments); the family neither confirmed officially (they are not obliged to do so) but also neither denied.

On another note, Telma's court case will be held on May 12th in Toledo. She is not expected to be there but only represented by her lawyers. There are rumours that she has left the country a while ago and now stays at a secret location in Switzerland with her family.

i think it can be safely assumed that erika committed suicide and i truly appreciated the fact that the RF didn't try to deny it. it's quite normal behavior to say no when facing quite an scandalous situation such as this one. however, their silence can be interpreted as something they are not going to acknowledge, but due to its apparent evidence, not possible to deny either. it was quite honest of them to let the people decide.

thanks for the information of thelma leaving the country, duke. i didn't personally know. i appreciate it's quite a sensible choice: otherwise she is going to get chased after to get first shots of her baby. was there any other information released on what happened after the birth appart from this piece of news duke tells us?

I wonder why the SRF should deny or not about reason of Erika's death? She wasn't a memeber of the royal family. She was just CP Letizia's sister, nobody else.
Maybe that's late Erika's family decided to not talking about that?

So far I haven't read from any credible or semi-credible source on where Telma is except for some internet gossips. Even she is in Spain, she doesn't need to show up at the court, only her lawyers do.
So far we already saw the good effect of this lawsuit, Paloma and grandpa haven't been seen on TV being chased down the street by the paparazzis for a while :lol:.

I wonder why the SRF should deny or not about reason of Erika's death? She wasn't a memeber of the royal family. She was just CP Letizia's sister, nobody else.
Maybe that's late Erika's family decided to not talking about that?

Agree. The SRF have never denied or acknowledged anything related to the personal lives of their in-laws, in fact all the in-laws have been kept outside the palace wall by Zarzuela (very much like the British RF) except for the Greek royals mainly because JC and Constantine are buddies.

Well she is the princess sister and the sister of a future Queen??? What she wants anonymous? That's impossible and she should know that by now!!!She is not act in a correct way. She should colaborate with the press because that is her duty, if Letizia decideds to marry the future Queen of Spain her family is going to suffer the consequences.They were there when the little Infantas were born, they were there when they were baptize, Letizia's family were there so they are a part of Royal family now also, so it is very normal that the press want photos of them, if Telma doesn't want that she should renounce to that family and her sister and that is impossible to do!

*my highlights.

She has no duty whatsoever to the press. And what's with the "suffer the consequences" part? They have their own lives, and Letizia has her own. It was Letizia who chose to have a public life, not her family, and so the family does not have any obligation to anyone to inform them about their lives.

As far as being part of the royal family is concerned, it is the Casa Real who will decide on that. The family of a commoner who marries a royal do not become members of the royal family automatically.

Oh, I can see the tabloid headlines now..."The hunt for Telma continues." :lol:

Last edited:
All the posts about the case of Telma Ortiz against the paparazzi press has been moved to this thread. Courtesy to princess leonor, who suggested it.

Back to Princess Letizia's family: I am sad about Erika and hope her soul is at rest. I guess for Catholics it is very difficult to speak of suicide because the church often will not recognize the soul for burial. It was very strong of them to not deny it. I hope someone officiated Erika's funeral without too much consternation. Maybe if her life was falling apart also it is hard with a sister who seems SO successful? Harsh yardstick to self-compare. Did Erika have any children? Are they near enough to play with Letizia's children? Nice.

Angeline, they actually had a church funeral for Erika, which took place the day after her cremation. If you can browse back to the previous threads here in this subforum, you will find lots of photos of the family going to the funeral. I will avoid discussing what Catholics think of suicide though, because it is against forum rules.

Erika left behind one daughter, Carla, who now lives with her father. As far as I know, she still lives in Madrid and she gets to see her mom's family quite often, and Princess Letizia's children have been to Carla's birthday parties, so it's safe to assume that she can play with her cousins.

Telma launches her appeal:
Vanitatis.com - Telma Ortiz reabre la polémica en los juzgados

I still don't understand her strategy. Not only that she sues everybody, even magazines that didn't print her pictures instead of singling out who actually harassed her, now she claims in her appeal that she doesn't have a life because everybody wants to know where she is and that she and her family are forced to constantly move on, change address or location, leave Spain if needs be because they are in fear that somebody could find out and take a picture and puts the family in danger or that their security is at risk.

As much as I understand her problem, the content sounds quite pathetic and hysterical to me. She behaves as if she lived in Sicily and a death squad was after her, that's not the case. In the beginning I really had sympathy for her concern but this court case is quite an overreaction.

Telma launches her appeal:
Vanitatis.com - Telma Ortiz reabre la polémica en los juzgados

I still don't understand her strategy. Not only that she sues everybody, even magazines that didn't print her pictures instead of singling out who actually harassed her, now she claims in her appeal that she doesn't have a life because everybody wants to know where she is and that she and her family are forced to constantly move on, change address or location, leave Spain if needs be because they are in fear that somebody could find out and take a picture and puts the family in danger or that their security is at risk.

As much as I understand her problem, the content sounds quite pathetic and hysterical to me. She behaves as if she lived in Sicily and a death squad was after her, that's not the case. In the beginning I really had sympathy for her concern but this court case is quite an overreaction.

This article is not even a news. A month ago, Telma already decided that she would appear to the high court in Toledo, which had already been reported in the media. The content of the lawsuit to the high court will have to stay the same as before. Like other posters said, perhaps Telma's goal is to take the case to the European court like Princess Caroline, thus she has to go through the low court and high court in Spain first.

Interstitial - Noticia

Dies the grandmother of the princess Letizia

The mother grandmother of the princess of Asturias, Enriqueta Rodríguez, has died this Sunday in the hospital Gregorio Marañón of Madrid, as reports The Truth of Alicante. As the Royal House has confirmed, Dona Letizia has suspended all her public acts foreseen for tomorrow.

That is terribly sad news. My thoughts are with them at this sad time

May D. Enriqueta rest in Peace.

I am very sorry for Letizia and her mother, Paloma.

Very sad news Losing a Grandmother is always sad my Prayers go out to the family

That's such sad and terrible news! I'm so sorry for the whole family! Best wishes to all of them

Interstitial - Noticia

Dies the grandmother of the princess Letizia

The mother grandmother of the princess of Asturias, Enriqueta Rodríguez, has died this Sunday in the hospital Gregorio Marañón of Madrid, as reports The Truth of Alicante. As the Royal House has confirmed, Dona Letizia has suspended all her public acts foreseen for tomorrow.

Poor Letizia's family. Why is the royal house so serious? Letizia's acts is just cancelled for tomorrow and she have to work one day after her grandmother's death? She had to work one week after her sister's death and Felipe and her had to work on their 4th wedding anniversary as well. Why doesn't the royal house give her more break? IMO family should be more important than the public acts.

Last edited:
Could you explain in more detail please Guido. What work could she have needed to do on her wedding day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom