Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 4: February 2008 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke, they are two totally different things. Hola magazine only published the photos where the Asturias appear, and did not mention anyone else.

Jaime de Burgo, his family, the family of the Princess are private persons, they have no public responsibility. So they have the right and freedom to claim their privacy.

The Prince and Princess of Asturias, are public figures, with public responsibility. They are probably the first who want to preserve their privacy, but not always it is possible. And they often have to resign. Not that they allow or not allow them to photograph, is that sometimes there is no choice, unless they want to create more problems. They do not have that freedom.

Personally I think, the Asturias have been victims of the disastrous way the House of King has dealt with the media. The press has changed, but as the King was not their "victim", in the House of the King did not change anything. Things should have changed, should have agreements and limits, and the House of the King should go to court when necessary. As with any European monarchy. But until they change the relation between the Royal Family / House and the press, the Asturias are trapped.

I agree with everything you just said. What I dont understand is the Del Burgo attitude. Like in all other monarchies (just ask William & Kate), the Asturias couple will have to tolerate "private" pictures, at least when they are in public places. It is useless to go against it, because they are ways to leak the pictures anyway, outside Spain. With the Spanish past it is difficult to sue against "free" press as a public figure, thats why they have never done it. It means polemic and will likely backfire.

I agree, there should be boundaries. To give these boundaries now is probably too late, it should have happened much earlier. Today, people will think, dont they have anything else to do in these times than worry about their pictures? A bad image is the last thing the Asturias need. Their future is very dependant on the media (they court the "serious" media all the time) but the pink press is able to influence public opinion, big time (again, see Britain where Camilla had to pull out of the Diana memorial after a trash media campaign).

So, when Felipe tolerates to be photographed at the wedding (incl Letizia & the Infantas), and he goes outside the resort, with Sofia by his hand, with Del Burgo, who has Leonor by his hand, what does Del Burgo think, that this picture wont be printed because out of the four people pictured there is one private person what takes precedence over three public figures? Same with many other pictures, that do show him or Telma but one or several public figures too.

Sueing against what Felipe considers ok doesnt make much sense to me and will only drag the Asturias family into bad headlines.

I think in this case they simply decided that the press was not going to spoil the party, and decided to enjoy it naturally. I do not think that the Prince be happy with the photos, or to accept that the press was there, but that will not lock up his daughters in a room.

Perhaps Jaime was mistaken in the way, but at least he does something. I think his attitude is more deterrent than anything else, the threat to be left alone and setting limits. On the other hand, I think his words are not random... This press is behind the spying to Telma, and would not surprise me, if in the coming months this case reveals surprises that show that what he says is based on something real.

The press has done much harm to this family, and the attitude of Jaime del Burgo comes from that, of many years of helplessness. Probably another mistake of the Royal House, failing to give some protection to this family. If attack the princess was easy, to attack her family that was weaker was even easier.

Duke, the pictures of the wedding were taken very far , the quality is worse than the one with the SRF on Fortune last summer. Felipe's securities could keep the photographers from getting close to him with the security reason, but if the photographers were in a remote island or in the boats from a distance using power lens to take pictures, the securities couldn't do anything about it, especially in a foreign country (Italy). Paloma Barrientos often got the details wrong, her sour grapes didn't help her either.

El pingo

Amandas father Martin Enrique Llop has prevented Telma by court order to live in NY, the reason behind her staying in Barcelona.

Vanitatis always writing their nonsense.

If Hola did not want to publish their photos is Hola decision. Maybe publish pictures of someone in a hotel room is not entirely legal, and does not want to risk. Hola is a magazine that does not want to see its image damaged with complaints.

Love magazine published two weeks ago photos of Jaime, Telma and Amanda in Asturias.

http://www.revistalove.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/LV_071_PORTADA.jpg

They just copied her twitter.

Vanitatis always just "brave" ... not a line on the payment by the Valencian Government of travel and hotel to Urdangarin, family and Corinna ... but they create a story about this woman's twitter...

What a stupid woman :whistling:
It´s so modern to critize the monarchy, isn´t it? You could take her for a liberal student, until you remember her looking so happy and glamorous at her niece´s wedding, and the advantages she got afterwards (going out with Baroness Thyssen comes to my mind :whistling:)

Between her in-laws and her own family, I really pity Letizia... What a bunch of idiots she has as relatives :nonono:

They just copied her twitter.

Vanitatis always just "brave" ... not a line on the payment by the Valencian Government of travel and hotel to Urdangarin, family and Corinna ... but they create a story about this woman's twitter...

IMO it's about the weakest link here ... and that is certainly not Corinna.

What a stupid woman :whistling:
It´s so modern to critize the monarchy, isn´t it? You could take her for a liberal student, until you remember her looking so happy and glamorous at her niece´s wedding, and the advantages she got afterwards (going out with Baroness Thyssen comes to my mind :whistling:)

Between her in-laws and her own family, I really pity Letizia... What a bunch of idiots she has as relatives :nonono:

I've never heard of this aunt before and now I don't think I wish to hear anymore of her tweets :D

I've never really taken much notice of Letizia's mother before,does she have a high profile in Spain?
She´s quite a discrete lady, IMO. She has never made big news, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Menchu Alvarez del Valle, Princess Letizia's Grandmother, receives a Radio National Award at the Mira Theater in Madrid.

PPE Agency

PPE Agency

A few of us cheered with this award - Menchu thoroughly deserves it.

83 years old and has dedicated her whole professional life to radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom