Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 3: September 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how are spanish people reacting?

I am curious to find out how people in Spain are reacting to this news, especially if Thelma is not married. Are some of the pink press and gossips using this to beat Letizia?
I think Thelma's life will be made miserable by the pink press. I hope she and her partner can live somewhere away from easy reach of press.

I am curious to find out how people in Spain are reacting to this news, especially if Thelma is not married. Are some of the pink press and gossips using this to beat Letizia?
I think Thelma's life will be made miserable by the pink press. I hope she and her partner can live somewhere away from easy reach of press.
What they can think? Maybe that she is too old enough and smart woman (more then 18) who know what she is doing.
And yes pink/yellow press... who can change someone's life to hell.

I think if Jaime and Iñaki wouldn't have gotten all those business, they would have been skinned alive for being kept:cool:

Being a kept man and using royal position to make millions in business are two complete different stories. Infanta Margarita's husband Carlos Zurita is a doctor working for a public hospital, he is not rich, nobody calls him a kept man in Spain. Carlos Zurita has much more class and dignity as husband of an infanta.

Iñaki's siblings never changed their line of work after his marriage to Cristina, one of his sisters is even a successful surgeon in USA and they never go into the media, if they are invited to acts on the Basque country is a "family" courtesy or sometimes they are involved in the place where the RF is going to go, like his brother Mikel who works at Deusto University in Vitoria

Doesn't Inaki have 5 (or 4) sisters ? I don't remember seeing every single one's resume in public. How do you know they have never changed their line of work.

Last edited:
So her Dad bought a Porsche, that's hardly surprising. In fact it's actually very normal for a middle-aged man to go out and buy a sports car. It's usually referred to as a mid-life crisis!

Moreover, I didn't realise that moving house was something to be marvelled at?!

Exactly, esp. for a man marrying very early as Jesus Ortiz. He probably is making up for all the fun he had missed during his younger days. He is also much better off financially these days without anyone else depending on him.
I have never seen Paloma's new house. If she really moved into a new house as someone claimed, I'm pretty sure the yellow TV shows would have shown it already.

congratulation to the couple :clap:
I hope that everything will be ok :)

i'm also thinking that Telma might not come back to the Philippines and take a leave from work if she is indeed five months preggy now. she might want to give birth in Spain.

If she stays she will be under surveillance of the media therefore giving birth and living in the Philippines will guarantee her some privacy. The decision probably depends on where her boyfriend works or will work in the future. Let us know in case you bump into her! :flowers:

Congratulations to Telma and the family in general.

However, I do wish the press would leave the Ortiz Family alone, whether it be Carla or Telma.

This is good news, and it's good for the Ortiz family, without doubt. I don't care wether Telma has a boy or a girl, I hope she delivers a healthy and sound baby.

Oh my god, why can't the paparazzi's leave little Carla alone after everyhting that girl has been through ?! It is SICK, actually sick does not cover how disgusting their behaviour is. They should be ashamed. What kind of world do we live in ??

Many thanks for your reply lula. I completely share your view and think that the media behaviour is absolutely shameful. As you say, Carla is no public figure therefore she should be left alone or only be shown with a hidden face. Royal children must be an exception though as they are kind of "heritage" but should not be the subject of media harrassment either. I understand that the topic can develop into a difficult topic for Zarzuela therefore it's ok if they keep out but it's a bit of a double standard if they ask for privacy for Elena's children but not for Carla who is obviously included in some private occasions of the SRF. A child is a child, even if Carla is no Borbon but only related to the PoA, and therefore deserves protection.

I think Zarzuela did negotiate with the press behind the closed doors for the privacy of Carla after the horror pictures of Carla, Vigor and his sister right after the funeral of Erika. Since then the paparazzis no longer crowded outside Carla's school to take pictures of her as when Erika was alive, that's about the privacy Zarzuela asked for Elena's children too, stop camping outside their school everyday. The pictures we saw of Carla were mostly holidaying with Ortiz-Rocasolano family members or with the Princes at Beltran's kids' birthday. I guess there is no rule out there that the press can't take pictures of Paloma or Jesus, so if Carla was with them, she would be included in the pictures as well.

I guess there is no rule out there that the press can't take pictures of Paloma or Jesus, so if Carla was with them, she would be included in the pictures as well.

True but in this case they should cover Carla's face. What is possible in other countries must be possible in Spain, too. For example in Britain or in Germany, countries that have a bad yellow press culture, the media will cover the faces of children in case their parents don't give permission to show them (eg Heidi Klum's children are never shown in Germany without covered faces), although there are many celebrities around, the other extreme, who will make lots of money by presenting their happy family pictures including their children - every week to be seen in OK! etc. I think people like Kerry Kantona or Katie "Jordan" Price could not exist without the money they get from the tabloids.

Can someone please translate this subscription on "Op. sobre la realeza" message board about Telma and her boyfriend? Seems that they don´t live together or rather have separated....

Can someone please translate this subscription on "Op. sobre la realeza" message board about Telma and her boyfriend? Seems that they don´t live together or rather have separated....

There is no information that supports this information, on the contrary, for the present time there is several information that say everything opposite. So please, not to spread gossips without any credible information that supports them a bit.;)

If she stays she will be under surveillance of the media therefore giving birth and living in the Philippines will guarantee her some privacy. The decision probably depends on where her boyfriend works or will work in the future.

i thought about that too, especially after i saw that episode of Corazon de Navidad on TVE where Paloma was being followed by several reporters and she looked like she was walking as fast as she could to get away from them. poor girl, and poor family, they're going to get hunted down!

Let us know in case you bump into her! :flowers:

ha ha, i will the moment i see her! if she does come back here, that is.:lol:

was this really January 3rd? because i remember seeing photos very similar to these but were taken during the time Telma went back for Erika's funeral. her boyfriend was also in the car.

That's right it was when she went home for Erika's funeral. Well, maybe she was already married then.

I hope that she is and if she is I wish her all the best and to her husband.

In this week new maganize Hola has a big report on Letizia's sister pregnancy and history! To me that is really terrible, Telma is not a member of the royal family she isn't a celebrity and I think she wants to protect her privacy and her anonymity and she is entitle to do that but spanish press is really abhoring her and to me when Telma sees that magazine this week she will bereally annoyed with the report - and with greater reason!!

The most terrible thing is that in addition it does not contribute any information. They have used Thelma to sell magazines and the magazine neither says anything new or interesting nor contributes a new image.

A shame is that someone wants to support her life privately, that always is discreet, that looks for the tranquility in another country... and that even this way happens this. Where is limit?:eek:

I agree with biboquinhas but unfortunately this is the way it is. Another opportunity to make some $$$.
Telma strikes me as a person who is very discreet and private therefore her decision to give birth in Spain must have been tough on her. Keeping in mind how the media treated Erika and still treats Letizia she must despise them. As much as she will enjoy to be with her family again there is a downside to her visit since it's very obvious that the press will chase her from now on until she will have given birth and be leaving the country again. But Telma will certainly have taken this into account, otherwise she wouldn't have travelled to Spain.

Spain has better heath services than in Filipines so she migth think about the baby health and her own health and has decided to follow her pregnancy in Spain were she can have better medical help. She was a very discrete person, I fell sorry for her and shame for the press (Hola! is a magazine that ussualy supports the royal family events so I cannot understand their agressive atitute towards Telma, but...... "money makes the world go round...)

Spain has better heath services than in Filipines so she migth think about the baby health and her own health and has decided to follow her pregnancy in Spain were she can have better medical help.

We may be a poor country but we've got hospitals that do offer excellent care and I'm sure she knows that. One of our best hospitals is located just minutes away from the building where she works here. Perhaps she preferred to be nearer to her family at this time in her life that she needs the most support.

She was a very discrete person, I fell sorry for her and shame for the press (Hola! is a magazine that ussualy supports the royal family events so I cannot understand their agressive atitute towards Telma, but...... "money makes the world go round...)

i feel the same way too. for Hola to call the article "her true story" means that they went out to great (exaggerated?) lengths to get this story done and probably dogged a lot of people. and i, for one, would probably not believe the veracity of this so-called true story looking at how their latest video of Telma's outing with Leonor was taken. i just hope though that none of her friends have 'sold' her out.

Last edited:
The press articles all mentioned that Enrique no longer works in Filipines, that could be the reason Telma decided to follow her pregnancy in Spain.

True but in this case they should cover Carla's face. What is possible in other countries must be possible in Spain, too. For example in Britain or in Germany, countries that have a bad yellow press culture, the media will cover the faces of children in case their parents don't give permission to show them (eg Heidi Klum's children are never shown in Germany without covered faces), although there are many celebrities around, the other extreme, who will make lots of money by presenting their happy family pictures including their children - every week to be seen in OK! etc. I think people like Kerry Kantona or Katie "Jordan" Price could not exist without the money they get from the tabloids.

Whether the pictures with Carla's face covered or not, it's really after the fact. The problem is that Carla often looked annoyed when she was being photographed.
My point was that Zarzula definitely did do something after the horror pictures of Carla walking with her father and auntie right after her mother's funeral. Afterwards we no longer saw paparazzis camping outside Carla's school. Do I think Zarzuela has done enough to protect Letizia's family from the harrassment of the paparazzis ? Absolutely not. The British paparazzis are about the worst, but I don't see them harrassing Diana's parents, siblings or nieces or nephews on daily basis when Diana was alive, neighter did I see them camp outside Kate's parents' house. But that's just Zarzuela, their usual attitude of 'They are not us, let them deal their own problems'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom