Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 3: September 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the info lula! although, in the last pictures of her in the circus, she looked quite slim. i would have thought with 5 months the baby bump shows. besides, she has no official partner at the moment, so i doubt it's true.

Yes, she supports a relation for enough time with a Spanish boy who is employed with her at The Philippines. The boy accompanied her to Spain when Erika died. What happens is that as the press cannot follow her in The Philippines, scarcely they have information of her only in few occasions that she travels to Spain. It seems that the magazine Hola will give more information.

Telma Ortiz se consuela con un buen amigo

Last edited:
If they are not married will it be an issue in modern day Spain? Will the public care about this at all?

If they are not married will it be an issue in modern day Spain? Will the public care about this at all?

In general it matters for the people little, nowadays in Spain it is something increasingly habitually .... but always there will be certain journalists who want to take advantage of it to criticize, though bearing the separation of the infanta Elena many have to close now the mouth... Many people those who criticized the divorcée Letizia now are kept silent by the Infanta Elena ... things of the life:rolleyes:... but the majority of the people it does not concern for.;)

Lula,
Thanks so much for answering my question. I like the way you showed how the separation of the Infanta Elena may actually change the degree of criticism leveled at Letizia. Very interesting!

It´s nice that the Rocasolano family got some good news with Telma´s pregnancy, it´s a great start for a new year.

Yes ........... congratulations for her .

New photos of Carla, her father Antonio Vigo and grandfather Jesus Ortiz here:
The Internet Forum/Royal Forum

It is terrible that the press insists and that they continue doing photos in the college of the girl, and that continue breaking the law and do not covering the face ... it is incredible, seems that or the family of the Princess takes this in the eyes of the law or it will be impossible that they respect Carla.:bang:

Yes, I thought the same, when I saw the photos of Carla. Poor girl, she doesn´t want to be photographed. I hope the girl could live a peaceful childhood and youth, but knowing the paparazzis it won´t be so.

In general it matters for the people little, nowadays in Spain it is something increasingly habitually .... but always there will be certain journalists who want to take advantage of it to criticize, though bearing the separation of the infanta Elena many have to close now the mouth... Many people those who criticized the divorcée Letizia now are kept silent by the Infanta Elena ... things of the life:rolleyes:... but the majority of the people it does not concern for.;)

And Elena was even married in church!

Great news for Telma, guess who will be the godmother ;)

this is absolutely the best new years news ever!!! Congratulations to Thelma, Enrique and the whole family!!!!

It is terrible that the press insists and that they continue doing photos in the college of the girl, and that continue breaking the law and do not covering the face ... it is incredible, seems that or the family of the Princess takes this in the eyes of the law or it will be impossible that they respect Carla.:bang:

I completely agree lula, it's a shame. I can't remember, since this topic keeps popping up from time to time, is there a law in Spain that - in theory - would protect Carla and would prevent papers from printing her pictures? If yes, why is it not respected? If Antonio Vigo can take this matter to court why won't he act, is it because the family does not want any "bad" reflection on the Princess? I don't mind much when it's about adults but for children there should be a different pain barrier and I don't believe that the spanish public or the public of any other country will have a different view since Carla only happens to be the niece of a Princess. Very unimportant and uninteresting, eg compared to Elena's children.

In Spain there is a law for which the press cannot give the children's image without the express permission of the parents, they are forced, for law to covering their faces ... but not always they do it.

In case of the children of the Royal Family, they are a bit out of this law, because the Royal House and the press consider them public prominent figures. Nonetheless, in this topic the press has lost this autoregulation that was in the habit of having, and now the business is more important, and the limits are exceeded .... example the harassment to the children of the Infanta Elena after the separation.

In case of Carla, sense does not make because it is not a public figure. She should be to the margin of everything, and her family does the major effort in order that this way it is, but not always they obtain it. The family would have the whole right to denounce it, but certain press in Spain is very spiteful, and I am afraid that " the remedy is worse than the disease ", because they would end up by turning the topic something that to use against the family. So I think that they believe that it is better to carry it that to look for clashes.

I believe that the family of the Princess has been and is defenseless enough in the topic of the press, which I believe that takes advantage that the family does not want to cause problems to the image of the Princess. For them nobody demands respect and prudence like apparently has asked the Royal House to the press in case of the Infanta Elena.

In Spain there is a law for which the press cannot give the children's image without the express permission of the parents, they are forced, for law to covering their faces ... but not always they do it.

In case of the children of the Royal Family, they are a bit out of this law, because the Royal House and the press consider them public prominent figures. Nonetheless, in this topic the press has lost this autoregulation that was in the habit of having, and now the business is more important, and the limits are exceeded .... example the harassment to the children of the Infanta Elena after the separation.

In case of Carla, sense does not make because it is not a public figure. She should be to the margin of everything, and her family does the major effort in order that this way it is, but not always they obtain it. The family would have the whole right to denounce it, but certain press in Spain is very spiteful, and I am afraid that " the remedy is worse than the disease ", because they would end up by turning the topic something that to use against the family. So I think that they believe that it is better to carry it that to look for clashes.

I believe that the family of the Princess has been and is defenseless enough in the topic of the press, which I believe that takes advantage that the family does not want to cause problems to the image of the Princess. For them nobody demands respect and prudence like apparently has asked the Royal House to the press in case of the Infanta Elena.

Many thanks for your reply lula. I completely share your view and think that the media behaviour is absolutely shameful. As you say, Carla is no public figure therefore she should be left alone or only be shown with a hidden face. Royal children must be an exception though as they are kind of "heritage" but should not be the subject of media harrassment either. I understand that the topic can develop into a difficult topic for Zarzuela therefore it's ok if they keep out but it's a bit of a double standard if they ask for privacy for Elena's children but not for Carla who is obviously included in some private occasions of the SRF. A child is a child, even if Carla is no Borbon but only related to the PoA, and therefore deserves protection.

Great news, congratulations to Telma and Enrique :flowers:

Well, much congratulations to Telma, her boyfriend (Enrique?) and their families. I'm surprised; in the pictures with Leonor at the circus, she didn't look pregnant. At five months, aren't you supposed to have a bit of a bump? And- this isn't real, it's Wikipedia- Wikipedia says that she's going to have a son. Is this true?

And having it out of wedlock isn't so bad, wasn't Erika's daughter born outside of wedlock? Or was she married to the man and divorced? I don't know, I've heard both.

Last edited:
And having it out of wedlock isn't so bad, wasn't Erika's daughter born outside of wedlock? Or was she married to the man and divorced? I don't know, I've heard both.

IICR, Erika and Antonio were never married though initially in the beginning, many reports had them as a married couple.

The stigma of having out of wedlock children isn't as strong as it was say 50 years ago. Of course, you are going to have some people who believe children should only be born between a couple who are married but IMO a marriage license shouldn't be the sole value of a child's worth in this world.

Well, much congratulations to Telma, her boyfriend (Enrique?) and their families. I'm surprised; in the pictures with Leonor at the circus, she didn't look pregnant. At five months, aren't you supposed to have a bit of a bump? And- this isn't real, it's Wikipedia- Wikipedia says that she's going to have a son. Is this true?
News in Spanish says Telma is expecting "su primer hijo", which translates to "her first child", the confusion maybe is with the word "hijo" which means son (hija=daughter), this is caused sometimes when using web auto translation, and maybe this is the case in Wiki.

Congratulations to Telma & Enrique and the grandparents too! If it will be a boy, it will be the first grandson for Jesus & Paloma, the first boy in their family in 35 years!

Last edited:
In this context hijo means child in general. I don't believe they will reveal the sex of the child before the birth. Just imagine she has a son. That will put even more pressure on her sister to deliver.

I am glad Telma's boyfriend is known and they are no rumours about who's the father. I remember there were suggestions that Telma and Prince Albert (who, we all know, does not bother about having illegitimate children :cool:) were dating - not true, thank godness.

This talk about Letizia having to deliver a boy is rubbish! Leonor is the future crown-princess and if a boy will be born the law will be changed to promote the firstborn. So no need any more for Letizia to give birth to a boy!:bang:

i was also surprised she was 5 months pregnant, when in the circus pictures you can't notice anything. although she is (conveniently) wearing a large purple coat... :)

wow, thanks for the news and the links. congrats to Telma and her boyfriend! for some reason i always kept thinking Telma would have a boy for a first born. i don't know, probably to break the chain of all the baby girls being born into ther family. i hope my guess is correct.:D

i'm also thinking that Telma might not come back to the Philippines and take a leave from work if she is indeed five months preggy now. she might want to give birth in Spain.

PS--i've also seen her boyfriend. he's the guy pictured with her on that article from Diez Minutos. he was with Telma on both occasions that i've seen her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom