Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 9: March - September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article and photos
SAVE THE CHILDREN ESPAÑA : Premios Amigo de los Niños  

Ceremony of Delivery of Prizes

The Princess of Asturias presided yesterday in Madrid at the delivery of Prizes Save the Children ' Friend of the Children ' to the writer Jose Saramago, to the actress Jane Fonda, to Graça Machel - wife of Nelson Mandela - and to the violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter, for their labor in defense of the children.

After gathering the prize of the hands of H.R.H. the princess of Asturias and all the awardwinners posed together with her for the photo of family, Machel encouraged Save the CHildren to continue with work, specially in the places where the situation of the minors is more extreme.

I like what Letizia is wearing during the delivery of "Save the Children" act. She's really elegant when she's wearing trousers. I think trousers suit her best than skirts. The color is beautiful mixed with silver and her brooch! magnificent!;)

^That's actually true. What Letizia wore at the Eurobasket is the fashion trend right now, but I guess some people are not used to seeing it yet or they don't follow the fashion trend hence they think it's a fashion faux-pas.

Yes, a lot of people tought it was really awful. I still don't know why though.. :huh: ..It was actually trendy! :)
I liked what she wore at the basket match.

Thanks for those links Camarina. :flowers:

It will be a very exciting act for the Princess, after more than 3 years already it was time...

Letizia Ortiz recibirá el 24 de octubre en el Auditorio el título de hija predilecta de Oviedo

Letizia Ortiz will receive on October 24 in the Auditorio the title of "Hija predilecta" of Oviedo

The Princess of Asturias, Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, will return to her natal city next October 24 to receive the title of "Hija predilecta" of Oviedo. The act will be celebrated in the Audience, which takes the name of her husband, Príncipe Felipe, two days before the delivery of the prizes " Prince of Asturias ".

^That's actually true. What Letizia wore at the Eurobasket is the fashion trend right now, but I guess some people are not used to seeing it yet or they don't follow the fashion trend hence they think it's a fashion faux-pas.

It is so funny that so many people in this forum claim to be a fashion "guru".
One can be in fashion but not elegant at the same time and Letizia is often fashionable but seldom elegant.
Of course, in my opinion, but I am not a fashion guru.

It is so funny that so many people in this forum claim to be a fashion "guru".
One can be in fashion but not elegant at the same time and Letizia is often fashionable but seldom elegant.
Of course, in my opinion, but I am not a fashion guru.

Nobody here is "claiming to be a fashion guru". Where did you read that? Just because some people say what's the fashion trend out there right now does not mean they "claim to be fashion gurus". Some people read magazines, watch TV, go online; it's out there. As for me the Internet is my source for anything and everything. I am in no way a "fashion guru", gosh no, I live in jeans and scrubs as a nurse. I just like to look at designer clothes.

BTW a little OT, check out Hussein Chalayan's collection online. His clothes move. Literally.

As I wrote in my post, in my opinion, a cp is expected to be elegant rather then fashionable. So if we say we don't like something Letizia wears it doesn't mean we " don't follow the fashion trend" as you wrote.
In my opinion, then, if your source is only internet, you cannot have a real idea of what is in fashion and what is not.
In Europe, in Italy for sure, you can have a better idea of what is in fashion and what is not just looking at what people wear everywhere. There are fashionable people everywhere.
Also the fashion stylists take inspiration from the people not from internet.
The problem is that in U. S. you have a different idea of fashion as you prefer casual wear at any time and everywhere, so I guess I will never make myself understood.

P.S.: I would like to remind you that there is a specific thread about Letizia's fashion http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princess-letizias-daytime-fashion-part-2-a-13040.html

Last edited:
The problem is that in U. S. you have a different idea of fashion as you prefer casual wear at any time and everywhere, so I guess I will never make myself understood.
That's not an accurate statement. If you ever get a chance, you should visit the streets of NY, DC, Boston, SF, Miami, and LA. I could go on and on, but that would not be necessary. I agree with one thing you said, Letizia wears nice clothes, but not always elegant ones.

Thread closed. Please find the new thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom