Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 8: December 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by "the pregnancy is no excuse anymore"? All pregnancies are different and not all women are the same. Some have it easy and some suffer like hell.

Why do peple have obsession on Princess Letizia?
What's the problem if she doesn't appear. is her life not us.

catango said:

I share your opinion, because all the reasons put in ahead to judge the behaviour of the Princess are doing by comparaison with the other Crown Princesses.

Is anybody of her detractors thinking that may be the Royal House prefere that the Princess stay quiet?

catango said:
What's the problem if she doesn't appear.

The problem is that people would like to see their Crown Princess. ;)

*Before anybody attacks me with comments such as 'she is sick' etc, take note that I have already expressed my view that it is possible she is having a difficult time.* But I still think we should see her, afterall, as I said, she is our Crown Princess.

But what is the diference between see her or not, she remains being the Princess of Asturias

catango said:
But what is the diference between see her or not, she remains being the Princess of Asturias

Obviously I don't speak for all of the people here, but as she is our future Queen, it would be nice to see her out with Felipe representing her country. Yes, we know she is the Princess of Asturias, but it would be great to see her in her role as Princess of Asturias

Of course if she is ill, then fine, she won't feel like it and I wish her well. Just my little opinion. :flowers:

Last edited:
...sOfIa.... said:
Obviously I don't speak for all of the people here, but as she is our future Queen, it would be nice to see her out with Felipe representing her country. Yes, we know she is the Princess of Asturias, but it would be great to see her in her role as Princess of Asturias
i agree with sofia. in spanish we have this saying that goes "ojos que no ven, corazon que no siente", meaning that what you don't see, you don't feel.
i know she isn't having a difficult pregnancy, but being out of the scene for a month is quite a while. i think two hours in an audience with felipe is not too much to ask.
catango said:

it's her life, but a public life after all, paid with spanish taxes so... i think it's more than fair if the people want to see her. ;)

I think is rude to say "it's her life, but a public life after all, paid with spanish taxes", so, she has to be out there just because people want to see her, I'm sorry, but I think that the rol of a Princess is more than that.

i agree with most members who say she has to be out and about abit more. She is the future queen, she is pregnant, dont know how its going (difficult or not) but i think its not an excuse not to do things. I know i shouldnt compare but other CP's have done lots more than her, ex, Cp Mary. Im just saying i think she should be out there more with her husband and without him. She should have more act's/events on her own.

catango said:

a princess is not just a name, it comes with duties:)

Princess Letizia did 182 acts last year even more than MARY, so who try to compare princess Letizia with others CP, its silly, she is who she is, this isn't a race, so, she has to do duties with concious not because peolple want to see her.

It does seem that she was a little more active during her last pregnancy. And I miss seeing her do royal duties. However, she is pregnant and maybe it's more difficult for her the second time around.

I think it's rather unfair to compare the princesses simply because we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. I have to say I hear a lot of talk about how Letizia should do more acts on her own but I kind of like that she does more with her husband. I wouldn't want to see all the princesses being exactly alike, that might get a little boring for us:)

catango said:
Princess Letizia did 182 acts last year even more than MARY, so who try to compare princess Letizia with others CP, its silly, she is who she is, this isn't a race, so, she has to do duties with concious not because peolple want to see her.

I´m totaly agree with you catango,well said!

Why can't people stop comparing Letizia and Mary? :wacko:
IMO they are both hard working and charming women who should get some respect for their work and that they continue to have official duties even during their pregnancies.

Why can't people stop comparing Letizia and Mary?

Agreed. They are 2 different people, from 2 different countries and they both have expectations from their country's citizens. ;)

But, this doesn't mean that we aren't allowed to criticise them, or pass judgement on what we think/believe. :flowers:

...sOfIa.... said:
But, this doesn't mean that we aren't allowed to criticise them, or pass judgement on what we think/believe. :flowers:
I agree with that! Of course everyone can say what he thinks about them and sometimes comparisons between two or three Royals are okay... It's just strange that there are only and always the Letizia-Mary Comparisons.. :rolleyes:

Her_Majesty said:
It's just strange that there are only and always the Letizia-Mary Comparisons.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I always think that, it's always Letizia and Mary, never any of the others. It's a completely silly 'war' invented by their 'fans'. To be honest, it gets on my nerves. :bang: But hey, a bit of controversy is always fun!:lol:

Oh well, I thought Mary was always compared to Maxima..:ermm: And here in holland I believe Maxima is often compared to Mathilde.
I love to compare the different crownprincesses; it makes me see the little and big differenceses between each of them; that makes them each so unique and special. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Interesting as it may be to compare different Princesses, please remember that this is a thread for Current Events of Princess Letizia.

All opinions voiced here are respected and appreciated, however there is no point making suggestions and speculating why Princess Letizia doesn't fulfill any engagements now or when will her next public appearance take place.

Thank you for co-operation,
Avalon, Spanish Forums Moderator

catango said:
I think is rude to say "it's her life, but a public life after all, paid with spanish taxes", so, she has to be out there just because people want to see her, I'm sorry, but I think that the rol of a Princess is more than that.

It is her job whether she likes it or not. She is being paid by the taxpayers, and she lives well, very well. So I think it is not rude for the people to ask to see her princess. She is not the first woman to ever get pregnant. Remember--there are thousands, millions of women who are pregnant and have to work two, three jobs to support a family. So, I don't think it is too much to ask.

Some syndromes related to pregnancy could cause lots of inconvenience for a public figure. For example, if she needs to go to restroom all the time or constant upset stomach at a meal (Felipe mentioned before that his wife couldn't do meals because of constant upset stomach). Those are very normal syndromes happened to a pregnant woman. If Letizia were a private citizen, I doubt she would have any issue going on with her work, but for a public figure, it could turn into a very embarrassing situation.

Roxsteve said:
It is her job whether she likes it or not. She is being paid by the taxpayers, and she lives well, very well. So I think it is not rude for the people to ask to see her princess. She is not the first woman to ever get pregnant. Remember--there are thousands, millions of women who are pregnant and have to work two, three jobs to support a family. So, I don't think it is too much to ask.

I tottaly agree with you!!

biboquinhas said:
I tottaly agree with you!!

And, Why do you want to see her?
For critizise what she is wearing, or because you really concern about her duties, I thnk is the first choice, and it is so silly.

If she has duties has a Princess and has a future Queen she must carry out with her life. If she is well has she and the Prince say she is she must continue with her life and not only beeing at her Palace resting, wicht we suppose she is!!

catango said:
For critizise what she is wearing, or because you really concern about her duties, I thnk is the first choice, and it is so silly.

I think the same Catango....

Every woman takes pregnancy differently. And in turn, every preganancy is taken differently by the body. It's obvious to all that this second pregnancy is much more difficult for her than the first one. When you are ill, or not feeling well at all, there is nothing that can be done. Her engagments are cancelled, or she's excused from them, so that she may rest, recuperate and avoid any embarassing moments. Now, I'm pretty sure that not only does she feel ill physically, but knowing that she has to miss another event and not be there for her people when they expect her there is also something that does not make her feel any better. Let's cut her some slack. When she is physically able to, she does a smashing job at all of her events! That's why we love her!!! All of our Princess do smashing jobs! That's why we love them all! :wub:
Did I make any sense??? :flowers:

And of course we love to see these women! We love to see that they care about causes (and events) and it doesn't hurt to also want to see what they are wearing!

catango said:

i don't think it's rude at all. appart from the internal preparation to attend to events, i doubt there's much more. please enlighten me, but i always thought royalty did a job of representation mainly.

catango said:

Guuys! What's going on in this threads? :lol: Sorry but this makes me laughing! I think I didn't see such reactions in other threads before!
Come on guys! Everyone can have their own opinions!
Some people seems to dislike Letizia and other seem to fight for her like a Lion mum! Calm down everyone!
This starts to get silly!
(I hope I won't get attacked now)

Princess_Beatrix said:
Guuys! What's going on in this threads? :lol: Sorry but this makes me laughing! I think I didn't see such reactions in other threads before!
Come on guys! Everyone can have their own opinions!
Some people seems to dislike Letizia and other seem to fight for her like a Lion mum! Calm down everyone!
This starts to get silly!
(I hope I won't get attacked now)

You will most certainly not be attacked for expressing your opinion, which is respected and valued just like everyone's. :flowers:

Roxsteve said:

What is the job of Princess of Asturias? The Constitution of Spain does not say ANYTHING about the job of a Princess of Asturias.

Other points:
1.-She lives well, her husband gains a lot of money, better than many women and worst than many princesses.
2.-I live in Spain and people here is not asking to see her princess, as you said.
3.-This is not her first pregnacy and remember that some women(not millions) have to stay in bed due to the pregnacy.

Finally, something similiar to the last part of your post....remember --there are thousands, thousands of children that can eat with the prize of one tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom