Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 7: October - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
donnaK said:
Is Paloma Barrientos a republican ? Or she is just a tabloid journalist craving for a 5-minute fame ? Here is an old article in which Jaime De Marichalar almost blew up in her face.
http://www.karmelemarchante.com/cronicas/edi_241005_2.htm

I do not have very clear what is. Republican she must be, because providing that she can when she speaks about the Royal Family in television, she extracts the topic.

But on the other hand, and this one is a personal impression, I believe that she is an envious person. She gives the impression, of believing herself, that she is a bit above; that because for her journalistic work she has related to certain persons, she is better than others. She criticizes the privileges, but later she is required that the Princess uses more expensive clothes or that the babysitter deals with Leonor. In addition, in her column she is charmed with speaking about the rich ones and aristocrats. In the fund, she gives the impression of what her would please is to be one of them.

Letizia alone in La Zarzuela, a very good notice.

Sorry but I don't understans why it's a good notice. Can you explain me plesar ?:wacko:

zaza61 said:
Sorry but I don't understans why it's a good notice. Can you explain me plesar ?:wacko:

she have her own agenda, without another member of the royal family.
Now she have royal duties alone

zaza61 said:

Even if, for my part, I think that the Princes have to work together because they are excellent and for there fame it's absolutly predominant that they are generally known as the Princes, with the Heir and the Princess consort, most of people are more and more astonished because Letizia, who was/is very capable woman, didn't had until about one month ago her own agenda as Mathilde or Maxima.

It's the reason why this two next events are considered as a very well for the Princess. In fact, yes it's a very good thing because it's the better way for the Royal House to show how Letizia now belong to the Royal Family and it's an fewer arguement for her detractors. And it's a better way to do understand that rather than to deny the gossips and other rumors!

Nevertheless I hope that the glamourous couple :wub: will going on to act/interact together as far as is possible.

It is pretty sad that we have to count the times she had acted alone in an official act. She is supposed to do that right? Isn't it her job? Why are we jumping up and donw? About time, the royal house allows her to do that, she is very capable.!!

Thanks for your answers. I thought you were pleased she still alone while Felipe goes to Baercelona ! Now I understand better !!!

On December 15 in Madrid we will se Letizia again:)

http://www.europapress.es/noticia.aspx?cod=20061211132844&ch=175

The Princess of Asturias will receive to an Extremaduran delegation of the Plan of Schools associated with the UNESCO

A delegation of the Regional Coordination of the Plan of Associate Schools of the UNESCO (PEA), formed by 50 representatives there will be got next Friday, the 15th of December for her Royal Highness the Princess of Asturias, Dona Letizia.

In concrete, as reports Don Benito's Town hall in a press release sent to Europa Press, the receipt is foreseen at 11.45 hours and in it there will take part members of the National Commission of the UNESCO, teachers and pupils of three centers adhered to the project and the councilmen of education of Don Benito y Plasencia's town halls.

Three Extremaduran centers adhered to this regional coordination, created in the course 2005/2006, are the I.E.S. ' Four Ways ' of Don Benito, the C.P. 'Gonzalo Encabo' of Talayuela and the I.E.S. 'Perez Comendador' of Plasencia.

The aim of the receipt is to present Dona Letizia the DVD elaborated on the Declaration of the Laws of the Infancy, proclaimed on November 20, 1959. The work has been the first joint activity of three Extremaduran centers and shows to pupils and teachers reading the articles of the mentioned declaration.

In the production of the DVD, of which 250 copies have been edited, there have taken part 15 teachers and 40 pupils of 4 º, 5 º and 6 º of primary and 1 º and 2 º of E.S.O, with the collaboration of the councillorships of education of Talayuela, Plasencia and Don Benito; and the participation of private companies.

The content of this hearing seems very intresting and totally in the field gave to the Princess by the Royal House. It's a little bit better than the "flower pots"!

adelaide said:
The content of this hearing seems very intresting and totally in the field gave to the Princess by the Royal House. It's a little bit better than the "flower pots"!

Pleeeeease, Is it not possible to appearciate Letizia doing a solo event once every blue moon without again throwing really badly disquised kicks at Mary.

She meets them, chats with the and poses with them, exactly what other royals does as well

What happens Larzen? why do you mentions mary?...
and what is "flower pot"?........i´m a bit desoriented:ermm:

Clearly the flowerpot remark was in reffference to other Princesses (like mary) baptizing flowers and Letizias event beeing so much more serious, but Im happy to be wrong:neutral: and then I apologize.

as a dutchman I can say that flowers and their pots are an important business to many :) I am actually quite glad they often asked royals to baptise 'their' flower. So do not worry, Letizia will hopefully get her own rose to baptise to soon (though hopefully she will be not as unlucky as HIRH The Markgravine of Baden who poured some of the champagne over her well polished shoes during such a baptism.)

Larzen said:
Pleeeeease, Is it not possible to appearciate Letizia doing a solo event once every blue moon without again throwing really badly disquised kicks at Mary.

She meets them, chats with the and poses with them, exactly what other royals does as well

It's me who is offended because or my english is totally understable, and I have to take some lessons quickly, either my purposes are totally stupid :bang:

Never I'm making any references to Mary for the SINGLE and SUFFICICIENT reason that I don't know her work!

My comparaison don't regard a person BUT a nature of work : I would only to say that for the Princess of Asturias the item of the hearing of fryday is exactly the topic in which she have/can involved her more than an " intellegent" and " beautiful" figuration ( I don't know if this word is correct ?)

Where Mary is mentionned ? You have to be so bit secured of yourself to misinterpret words so general !:huh:

Roxsteve said:
It is pretty sad that we have to count the times she had acted alone in an official act. She is supposed to do that right? Isn't it her job? Why are we jumping up and donw? About time, the royal house allows her to do that, she is very capable.!!

I think for most it's not a matter of a solo act, simply a public appearance (joint or solo) that counts. Since the announcement of the 2nd pregnancy, she hasn't been seen in public often.

adelaide said:
It's me who is offended because or my english is totally understable, and I have to take some lessons quickly, either my purposes are totally stupid :bang:

Never I'm making any references to Mary for the SINGLE and SUFFICICIENT reason that I don't know her work!

My comparaison don't regard a person BUT a nature of work : I would only to say that for the Princess of Asturias the item of the hearing of fryday is exactly the topic in which she have/can involved her more than an " intellegent" and " beautiful" figuration ( I don't know if this word is correct ?)

Where Mary is mentionned ? You have to be so bit secured of yourself to misinterpret words so general !:huh:

Now Larzen apologised beforehand for the posibility of him misunderstanding the remark. So let's call that the end of the discussion & let's not start on how, why etc etc as that will be a fruitless discussion :flowers: .

Hey, do you know when Letizia's today's acts will took place? And do you think she will have any speech? Probably not... Felipe usually doesn't have any in La Zarzuela...

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Hey, do you know when Letizia's today's acts will took place? And do you think she will have any speech? Probably not... Felipe usually doesn't have any in La Zarzuela...

As far I know the hearings have to take place up to the 11th of the morning.
I think you are right because it's hearing, with a lot of shaked hands and " thnks a lot" but whithout speeches!
:lucky: to the Princess for her first hearings in solitary :lucky:

Today is a a big day for Letizia. I can´t wait for the pics and for the information about the Hearing.

Last edited:
Paty said:
Today is a a big day for Letizia.
Yeah, good luck to her!!!:lucky::lucky::lucky: Imagine how nervous she might be right now...

Article from "ABC":

http://www.abc.es/20061215/nacional-nacional/princesa-asturias-concede-primeras_200612150925.html

The Princess of Asturias grants today her first hearings in solitary
Two years and seven months after contracting marriage with His Royal Heighness the Prince of Asturias, Doña Letizia will today grant her first official hearings in solitaire in the Palace of the Zarzuela. Of this form, the wife of the Heir of Corona will retake her own agenda of work, that the past October iniciated with the inauguration of a public school of infantile and primary education in the Madrilenian locality of Pozuelo de Alarcón.
Prize Flexible Company
In particular, the wife of the Heir to the throne will receive in the morning at 11.00 to the awarded ones with the Prize to the Company Flexible 2006, that she tries to recognize the policies of flexibility between the professional life and the personnel in the Spanish companies. In this edition, the awarded companies have been the Asturian group Lacera (category of great company), Nokia (to the medium company) and Amusal (to the small company). Next, the Princess will receive a group of students and frontier professors of centers associated to UNESCO that have elaborated a work on the rights of the childhood. Indeed the childhood and youth are the two areas by which the Princess of Asturias shows a special interest and that will most of center the activities of their agenda of work. Although the creation of an own agenda for the Princess already was predicted from before the summer, its beginning agreed with the second pregnancy of Doña Letizia, who the next spring will give birth to her second daughter. As it already happened during his first gestation, the own annoyances of their state have prevented her to accompany to the Prince of Asturias to some acts and trips programmed in the last weeks, as well as to maintain more intense agenda particular. The last official activity which the Princess of Asturias has attended was the commemorative concert of the Day the International of the Voluntary military service, that was celebrated the past in Monumental theater 25 of November. However, the last time that was seen in public Doña Letizia was the 1 of December, when it accompanied to Her Majesty the Queen during a visit in deprived character the traditional again Future Rake.

Last edited:
Some previous information about the Hearings.:flowers:

Prize to the Flexible Company 2006

The " Prize to the Flexible Company 2006 " is granted by the company
" Communication of Value Added ", with the support of the Department of Work and Social Matters, and promotes the diffusion of policies of flexibility between the professional life and personnel in the Spanish companies.

The awards corresponded to:

Category of big company: Asturian Group Lacera
Category of medium company: Nokia
Category of small company: Amusal
--------------------------------------------------
The second hearing

Hearing to the pupils and teachers who have taken part in the production of the work on the " Laws of the Infancy " of the Educational Centers of Estremadura, participants in the plan of Associate Schools of the UNESCO.

Created in 1953, the Net of the Plan of Associate Schools of the UNESCO (redPEA), commonly known as Associate Schools of the UNESCO, is a world net of approximately 7900 school establishments in 176 countries (schools parvularias, primary and secondary and institutes of top formation), at which they all are employed in favor of a qualit education.

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3806

Last edited:
I don't think she will be nervous she is a former reporter so talking and being in front of cameras is nothing new to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom