Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 6: October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very funny, and lovely this first act in solitary of Princes Letizia.
Letizia, and the children looks fantastic.

biboquinhas said:
Yes Letizia is elegant, I agree with you at this point! But I think she has been changing her wardrobe, at the beginning she used white and black, very discret colours, and now due to her intense agenda, activity and due to her position she should always be "perfect", her wardrobe is a very important piece of her life, everyone talks about that and she knows how important is to be impeccable, this is just part of her Princess life.

I apologize but I don't understand exactly your talks. What do you want to say about the style of the Princess of Asturias?

biboquinhas said:
She is not a hollywood star but she sometimes seams to be!!!Have you seen how many people get around just to see her? Mucht more than a hollywood star. And her clothes seams to be issue for some magazines and for many conversations, she should always be dressing at the latest fashion and in this event she is really old-fashioned.

Most of Letizia's clothes are classic. She can wear them 10 years from now and they will still be in style.

chuchu said:
Most of Letizia's clothes are classic. She can wear them 10 years from now and they will still be in style.

She definitely does have a classic style, black and white suits her well.

Ani

chuchu said:

Totally agree with you. Since when an working outfit is old fashionned?:bang:

Hey y'all, have you heard about this "joke" thing between Sabina and Letizia? I'm just curious about what it's all about because it's been written all over. Well, it seems that Sabina just made it up according to what I've been reading about it so far. Anything to sell a book, huh?

planetcher said:
Hey y'all, have you heard about this "joke" thing between Sabina and Letizia? I'm just curious about what it's all about because it's been written all over. Well, it seems that Sabina just made it up according to what I've been reading about it so far. Anything to sell a book, huh?

This article (in english) mentions it without mentioning the joke: Joaquín Sabina pardonned for Letizia joke

Five minutes later...I just did a search in Spanish and found the silly joke. It's just an adult joke that uses word-play in Spanish to attempt to be funny. A one-liner (actually two lines) bad joke that I did not find it funny at all. Not a big deal but seems the press ran with it way past the joke's shelf life.

then five more minutes of search...
I found another article he wrote about Letizia that was prior to the wedding. This one was more extensive and quite cruel. Now I realize the scandal about it. If there is a touch of irony is on Joaquin Sabina accepting a prize from the very same King whose family he insulted in his little 'poem'

Last edited:
I believe that it is difficult to translate a joke, and probably in English it would lose the sense of the joke.

The jokes are jokes, and it is that laugh with them, to extract them of context, that is what there are doing some of them (the one that has mounted the scandal of the joke has been Peñafiel). Sense does not make. The inteligent persons laugh of the jokes, and as had said more than a journalists, if really Letizia could laugh this way of her same and of what they say on her, better (assurance that for her health it could be marvellous).

Behind this there is a history longer, and related to the "personage" who is Sabina. Sabina is republican, rabble, spoken evil, joker, ironically, rebellious ... but also he is a very important singer with many followers. The Princes were present at a dinner with him, for the most conservative, it was a scandal, for the normal persons, was something curious, and enclosed that it were nice, because the Princes must meet and speak with all kinds of persons and not only those who think as them and support them. Since has said Toledo, there was the precedent of Sabina's poem. To this dinner another group of singers came also, the majority republicans, but that are persons who go being employed quite the life at the world of the music and they are very concerned, as Serrat or Ana Belen and Victor Manuel. A thing is the ideology and other one the persons.

The critiques evidently were alone for Letizia, it was a her fault ... though had been precisely Simoneta Gómez Acebo andher husband, that is productor musical, which had organized the meeting.

The problem is the following one and here I connect with the joke. Sabina's image is joined to a series of stereotypes, if he is republican, anti everything, ironically, that criticizes everything ... what he does supping on with the Princes of Asturias? Some of them were accusing him even of traitor, because this act was breaking the one that had been his image for many years, image that he had entrusted to promote. To "arrange" his image that he has done, to comment on a series of thngs, sew those that no other person who was in this dinner, has spoken. And to do jokes, or to place certain commentaries in mouth of others is a way of doing it.

For many people this topic is not clear. It is clear for those that want to create polemic and business. For the simple observers there are two things that to appear. On the one hand, the truth of everything told at Sabina; knowing the personage to nobody it would surprise him that he has told his own version of the history, putting in mouth of others the things that he would say. For other one, which truth or lie, says little of one person who should write in a book what is commented in a dinner deprived in a house.

To add more " fuelwood to the fire ", last week the King delivered him the Medal of the Fine arts, medal that grants the Department of Culture.

Lauritas138 said:
Letizia was spectacular yesterday… and i surprised to me to see her belly so soon . Is incredible as wearing a “simple” suit Letizia can be so handsome…
well...perhaps it must to she is handsome by nature and she does not need suits that praise her.:flowers:

Letizia is going to have an own agenda!!:w00t: ....this is a pleasant news!

Yes, the Princess with a simple "executive woman" outfit is totally wonderfull. I think it's her natural beauty which needs not so much make up and mainly her way to stand. It's clear that when she was young she learn classical dance and the importance to put the body in the space.

She has an very elegant silhouette with her new outfit. An article in the french hebdo " Point de vue " of today notice her style which, said the journalist Marilo Suarez, " The Princess of Asturias is became a model for the women of 30/40 years old, in the category "executive women". Her hairdoes, outfits, jeans-shirts are copyed. the "leti style" is yet copying by the new faces of th TV. The "J.T" are full of clones of the Princess.It's very disconcerting"

It' the proof of success for the princess and I'm very glad because in doing like that with her wardrobe simple, contfortable and elegant too.:flowers:

The most weird part of it is that I consider the language used before and during the dinner among some people, there are some words Sabina places in Simoneta mouth, that chocked me more than the joke itself...

But oh well Letizia sells...

As for Sabina awards himself made point of honour while receiving it that the award wasn't given by His Majesty but by a poll of entities he seem to respect more (His Majesty expression when delivering the prize to him was enough for me)...

Enough of Sabina for me... Go to Peñafiel bag...

Regards,
mtcbm

biboquinhas said:
She is not a hollywood star but she sometimes seams to be!!!Have you seen how many people get around just to see her? Mucht more than a hollywood star.

I remind you that Princess Letizia will become in the Queen of Spain, wife of the Chief of the State, there is a great difference betwen this and to be a hollywood star ( It woul be horrible to see Princess Letizia with the same wardrobe as Britney, Christina :wacko:, you have to recognize that almost all hollywood stars' wardrobe is horrible:lol:).

And her clothes seams to be issue for some magazines and for many conversations, she should always be dressing at the latest fashion and in this event she is really old-fashioned.

What is in your opinion the latest fasion? The form to dress in the south of Europe is different from the one from the north. While in the north they get dressed in very showy clothes in the south they prefer the discreet clothes.
And, as always I say, A Princess is not a model, the important thing is the work she do and not of course the dress she uses. :flowers:

Yes I really think she has a natural beauty but I also think that her wardrobe is an important piece of her job!

planetcher said:

According to Elconfidencialdigital.com, she did not count it: “She commented in her surroundings closest than she did not count the famous joke to Sabina”. ” How was going I to count a thing thus? It would not be happened to me to do it ", ends.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/57416.asp?tt=

biboquinhas said:
Yes I really think she has a natural beauty but I also think that her wardrobe is an important piece of her job!

What do you want to say exactly ? It's totally obvious tht the Princess's wardrobe is linked with her duties:

-very sober, elegant and contfortable for the day
-totally refined and sofisticated for the coktails
-absolutly regal for the diner gala

The all respecting her personality, what do you want more? to wear hat, frou-frous, or the last fashioned dress of the last fashionist designer ?
be serious or try to explain us our conception of a wardrobe for the Princess of Asturias whio is recognized as a very elegant woman with a very appropriate style by a lot of good analysts.

Because, one thing is absolutly sure is that never we will see Letizia at the top of the fashion when she is working.:flowers:

My positive remark:
Letizia's interaction with the children was very warm and nice.
And I love her vivacity.

My negative remark:
Two years of "learning" at the side of Felipe apparently didn't teach her
that it is unpolite to shake hands with a person and at the same time
turn around and speak with another person while still holding hands.
(as shown in one of the videos).
It gives the impression that you don't really care about the person you greet.

About her looks:
I must say I didn't follow Letizia since the baptism of Leonor where she looked great.
And I was quite shocked to see her now.
She still manages to look good on some of the pictures,
but on others she looks simply awful, she has quite changed IMO.

I think letizia dresses appropriately for her role as princess. She does not have to be perfect because there is no such thing as perfect not in any way shape or form. She wears what she likes and is comfortable in and I think this also accounts for her happiness she is comfortable in her own skin.

Nobody is perfect, even a princess; that is first that there is to know. And on her form to dress; she does not dress so that people say that elegant she is or is best one; she dresses elegant and simultaneously simple and on which she feels comfortable and it she likes.Because to be princess is not to be a model. Each one has its form to think; but personally do not like to be looking for failures the people and to be saying to them what they must do or no; mainly if I never have been in her place.

And again I repeat the princess are not robots whom they have to make it all good; it is most normal that they do something that somebody seems to it bad; because mainly they are people. For most important is than the princess was happy and very comfortable in her act; the others I leave it to those who they like to be analyzing everything.

ricarda said:
My positive remark:
And I love her vivacity.

My negative remark:

About her looks:
I must say I didn't follow Letizia since the baptism of Leonor where she looked great.

She doesn't look awful, she isn't an agly woman, she looks tired because of her pregnancy.

When i'm reading appreciation about the princess of Asturias as " she is simply awful...(sic!) or she is old fashionned..." I'm totally dreaming and I fear for my mental landscape: Where I'm ?

More I see so excessive and negative words for a so beautiful spanish woman more I think the consensus for the taste is very far away to reach.

But between the quiet ridiculous remark on the awfulness of Letizia - I should prefer that it would say that her kind of beaty isn't appreciate better than she is awful because to like or dislike is a right, to pretend she is awfull is quiet an offense- and to say that she is always at the top of her beauty, there is a gap that I don't want jump.

For me the Princess of Asturias is an extremly beautiful woman with irregular features which make her an estupendous personality. Because of that, but also as everybody, she has the right to be not every time perfect. Fortunatly for her!

Letizia is a very beautiful woman, more beautiful than Borbon women (infantas) and Sofia. It's only my opinion

Spanish Royal Family has to be very proud of Letizia : beautiful intelligent woman

I'm not spanish but I love her:wub:

Awful Letiza? :lol: but this is absurd, it´s the most graceful than I have read today.I even dare to say she is one of the most beautiful women of the royalty.....(or the best),is normal that sometimes she has “bad face”, she is not perfect, but soon we will see her more recovered when she begins to get fat... and even so she continues being a very beautiful woman.

I really looooooove this photo: http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1921/sinttulocolorreal04za2.jpg ...she is very happy this days...:wub:

Last edited:
Redferns said:
Letizia is a very beautiful woman, more beautiful than Borbon women (infantas) and Sofia. It's only my opinion
First, i respect very much your opinion. I just think it isn't "correct" to compare the beauty of a lady who is 67 and a young lady who is 34(?).
Besides, greek beauty has nothing to do with spanish beauty. :)
However, i think all SRF ladies are beautiful, just different. ;) ;)

I must agree! She does look radiant. The joy of waiting for a new infanta/e!

ricarda said:
My positive remark:
And I love her vivacity.

My negative remark:

About her looks:

I think she was very warm and did a great job considering there were so many people clamoring for her attention.

I do not know about you but I know very few people who looks awful even the ordinary people on the streets. Princess Letizia is ceertainly not onel of the few awful looking people.

galuhcandrakirana said:
She looks radiant in this event IMO, perhaps the morning sick is over.

It seems that not completely, another day I saw in television a journalist commenting on some anecdotes of the act. She commented that in some moment one saw her a bit inconvinient. It seems that this pregnancy being more inconvinient than that of Leonor, and that she isn´t passing it very well. Let's wait that tomorrow, that the act is in the morning and length, could come and take it well.

Certainly, the journalist comment on another anecdote that demonstrates it attempts that the Princess is, as scout and retains all the information. In a class, she asked their names the children and on having looked at the drawings realized that the signature of one of the children was absent and asked him.

I'm glad that she finnaly has her own agenda. But why does every princess have to be involved with childrens causes. I would want her to do something else.

was time she have a agenda! ha ha

I think this was the very time since her wedding that I've actually liked something she has worn. the earring are really nice too. this bodes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom