Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 6: October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the SRF knew what they were doing in letting Princess Letizia learn the royal ropes with Prince Felipe before having her own engagements and they know what they are doing now in letting her have her solo engagements. Prince Felipe was born royal with royal parents and ancestors - he has been trained from birth for his role. Two and a half years of "training" for Letizia is relatively short.

The "news" about Letizia not attending the Prince of Asturias award is probably from last year. Letizia did not attend as she was in the last stages of her pregnancy.

Hello girls, I am on vacations and in the place where I am is very dificult to connect to Internet, but for the international channel of Spanichs tv I ear that Princess from Monday will has her own agenda.... It is fantastic.

I cant wait, to back home and talk to all this thins with you.

Letizia, this days looks so amazing..

As I said in my previous post I'm not sure. I don't usually read Spanish tabloids, more of the kind of "El Mundo", "El Pais", and "La razon". I also read "Hola" magazine. I don't exactly remember where I have read that, but I do remember to have read that a bit after the announcement of the pregnancy, and also along with the explanation that, because of the pregnancy, she might be forced to suspend some of the acts she was supposed to be attending. That's the moment I read about her not assisting this year to Asturias, and the Prince going with the Queen as last year. As I said before, I might be wrong with this, because I haven't read anything like that in CR website. But in my defence, I haven't read anything in advance of the announcement of her having her own agenda, in the CR website.

I thought I have actually clarify in previous post, that I wasn't completely sure about it. My apologies if I haven't been clear enough, and my apologies for any misunderstanding :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that the own Prince said, is that there would be necessary to wait. The Princess does not feel good and nobody can know like it is possible she will feel with 15 days of precedence. If she is well, she will go. What the Prince said, was that LEONOR would not go because she is very young.

Neither the Prince, nor the Royal House, nor the Foundation Prince of Asturias have said that should not to represent. The agenda of the Royal Family is confirmed only one week before.

http://www.europapress.es/noticia.aspx?cod=20060928152610&ch=66

The Prince of Asturias assured today, moments before concluding his visit to Oviedo, that the princess Doña Letizia "will" "come" to the ceremony of delivery of the Prizes Prince of Asturias, who is celebrated on October 20, " if she is well ". To the question of if they will bring the infanta Leonor, Don Felipe de Borbón answered: " I do not believe because she is still very small ".

Last edited:
Following with my previous post, I must tell, that 1 or 2 weeks before the official announcement of Letizia's pregnancy, there were several journalists in Spain that seem to have know of the announcement of the pregnancy. Especifically "Hola" magazine had for several hours in its website the announcement of the Princess 2nd pregnancy, they later withdraw that article and people thought that it had been some kind of misunderstanding with the previous announcement, they actually said that the Princess was 4 months pregnant.
It later turn out that she was pregnant, and we knew of it officially 1 or 2 weeks after that in an official communicate.

There is also another Spanish journalist, that seems to have known of the pregnancy at the same time in same manner, and actually transmitted her congratulations, unaware there was not yet an official announcement. And not she is not Peñafiel ;) , so considering how things are you cannot really know for sure what is the situation until you see it in an official announcement. That´s the reason for my previous comment. :flowers:

Sincerely Olga I believe that you have imagination great and that you are confusing very much the people with your commentaries. Please, if you say these things, demonstrate it with articles or commentaries of press.:mad:

Neither no Spanish media of communication, nor newspapers, nor magazines nor televisions, it had commented absolutely on anything on the second pregnancy of the Princess before the official advertisement.. It is more, they were commenting on the front page of a yellow German magazine according to which " Letizia was aborted because of her anorexia ".

The magazine Hola, says that the advertisement has been done before 3 months of gestation

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/09/25/letizia-embarazo-2/

The pregnancy has been publicized before three months of gestation, because if " it is directed there is no motive for delaying the communication ".
(...)

lula said:
Sincerely Olga I believe that you have imagination great and that you are confusing very much the people with your commentaries. Please, if you say these things, demonstrate it with articles or commentaries of press.:mad:

Neither no Spanish media of communication, nor newspapers, nor magazines nor televisions, it had commented absolutely on anything on the second pregnancy of the Princess before the official advertisement.. It is more, they were commenting on the front page of a yellow German magazine according to which " Letizia was aborted because of her anorexia ".

The magazine Hola, says that the advertisement has been done before 3 months of gestation

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/09/25/letizia-embarazo-2/

The pregnancy has been publicized before three months of gestation, because if " it is directed there is no motive for delaying the communication ".
(...)

I do not want to cause an stir nor a fight, my only comment was in reference to something that happened and people in the Hola forums were aware of, the comment about the pregnancy was at the same time of the act as Godmother of an Army ship, and it was very commented at the time in those forums. Regarding that comment I think I have been clear explaining what the situation was. At the begining of the morning after the act had taken place it seems to have appeared in the Hola website the news that the Princess was in her 4th month of pregnancy. Several of the members of the forum checked that out, and it was thought at the time, that as the acts were pretty similar, some kind of misunderstanding have happened and news of the the pregnancy have somehow mistakenly given in that article. The article was withdrawn, and in fact the previous article has been corrected, the one that made reference to her first pregnancy does not longer have the reference to the 4th month of pregnancy. It was highly commented at the time in those forums.

One or two week later, I´m not sure about the timing, there was the announcement official of the pregnancy. At that moment in one of the newspapers I cited in my previous post, they mentioned about the Princess not going this year at the Ceremony Awards. This happened at the same time she couldn´t attend to the Gala Dinner in honour of the President of Portugal . As I said before, and I would like to remark this time again, considering how things are I will await for an official announcement. But as I said before, and I will try to explain myself better, unfortunately the CR has a policy of announcing done facts. I mean, they only announce things that are nearly impossible won´t take place. I put before as example the fact, that Letizia is going to have an agenda, but they have only announced that when she is going to have acts in a matter of days. So it is a fact and a reality she is going to have her own acts and events, and it is not something they are considering or studying. They never make that kind of announcements.

I never gave the level of journalistic article the story of Hola forums, because is not. Regarding to the journalist that seems to have known about the pregnancy is Carmen Rigalt in El Mundo, and that is not a tabloid, and she writes about the story in today´s paper. At least, again insist, that is what I have understood. Whether it was speculation that was going around Madrid, I don´t know, whether it´s been a mishap, I don´t know. As I said in I think all my previous posts is that until the moment it´s announced by the CR, considering how things are you can not be sure. Mainly because the CR only announces facts already done.

Nothing of this is the product of my imagination. Unfortunately my imagination is not so good for that kind of thoughts.

To be honest to end with this post I don´t understand why exactly you have gotten so upset. And I may asured you that now I´m really upset myself, so if that was what you were trying to get you have gotten what you wanted.

Not having the same opinion shouldn't be crime

:bang:

These things are the well-read one in Hola's forum, in this forum the people invent many lies and a lot of rumors, are neither the first time nor last. I do not want to remember the quantity of inventing and barbarities that they have written in these forums.:wacko: If you want to have good information, I recommend to you not to read very much this forum. A thing is the magazine, and other one the people who writes barbarities in its forums. In Spain there are programs of television with few scruples and they had given the news in 1 minute. Probably they compared the images of an act with those of the previous year and there was some confusion. In the advertisement of the pregnancy also they comment that the Princes inagurated an Institute Cervantes that they had inaugurated the past year and not this one. So they are in the habit of committing mistakes and crossing information. I do not believe that the Hola of confirmed an information that is not official, still supports certain seriousness ever.

On the topic of Carmen Rigal's article, you read it your personally or someone said that it was the well-read one? Because it seems to me to be very strange that before a rumor like this no other way of communication has written not said at all, when they sign to any rumor.:rolleyes: Curiously when the whole people publicize something already knew it. On Monday the advertisement was done, the previous Friday several programs of television were commenting that according to a yellow German magazine Letizia had aborted for her extreme thinness ... looks your informed that they were. If really there had existed some rumor (rumor that certainly existed every little), the press not had been so stupid of committing similar mistake.

Last edited:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
So tomorrow is her big day, isn't it?!!! :)

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/princesa_asturias_pozuelo_1130233.htm

Princess of Asturias will inaugurate tomorrow public school in Pozuelo

The princess Letizia will inaugurate officially tomorrow, on Monday, the 9th of October, the public college ' Princes of Asturias ', placed in the locality of Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid.

The Princess of Asturias will be accompanied in this act by the chairwoman of the Community, Esperanza Aguirre; the minister of Education, Mercedes Cabrera, and the mayor of Pozuelo de Alarcón, Jesus Sepúlveda, besides other authorities municipal and responsible for the educational center.

In the course of the act, dona Letizia will discover an inaugural plate and will cross the facilities of the new center, which has started working this course and possessing 450 seats for pupils of Infantile and Primary.

On the issue about the Hola forums I must first ask you whether you read them or not, I have been reading several Spanish forums and it is not exactly one of the ones full of rumours so as you said before, we should know your sources as well, what is good for me is good for you as well.
In regard with the article of Carmen Rigalt, the same principle applies, before continuing I would like to know whether you have read it ;)

By the way, I live in Ireland but I'm Spanish. I assume that at this stage, you might and everyone else have thought that, but just to avoid misunderstandings

olga7777 said:
On the issue about the Hola forums I must first ask you whether you read them or not, I have been reading several Spanish forums and it is not exactly one of the ones full of rumours so as you said before, we should know your sources as well, what is good for me is good for you as well.
In regard with the article of Carmen Rigalt, the same principle applies, before continuing I would like to know whether you have read it ;)

Where is the well-read one that? The article of the Rigalt I have not read it, because of it I ask you on that it is, because I have not understood on what you have commented.

I believe that I have put several links of articles of press, and all the information that you want can be read by you in this forum, where there are many articles, videos and news of different means of comunication.
I believe that Carmen Rigalt is more a journalist of opinion. It is not necessary to forget that when the first time the rumors spread on Letizia's "anorexia", for an article of the Italian magazine Oggi that re-produced El Mundo, she wrote a polemic column on the topic. Later there came the denial of the Royal House and a few months later the advertisement of the pregnancy.

The confusion in Hola might have derived from the fact that Letizia was in fact 4 months pregnant, but at the time she delivered her first speech.

So what you are saying is that you have not read that article, and without that knowledge you are already saying that I wrong. The article appears in paper edition of the newspaper. Today's paper edition. You live in Spain and I'm sure you are aware that the contents of the paper edition differ from the contents of the digital edition. Talking without having read about it is not exactly the best. I remit to my previous posts. As I'm sure you are aware, there are a significant number of rumours in Spain right now, and sometimes people get drag by them. The article if you wished to see with your own eyes, and please read my post that refer to it when you read it, can be found in this link. I put the link and you will find that you need to pay for it to obtained it, but that way you'll get full proof. As I said before I'm not sure whether she got mistaken, or I gotten wrong. And I want to insist on that point, because I have written that before, trying to explain my posts.

What Anna_R says is something that I have tried to explain previously.

In regard to the Hola Forums I would like to know whether you read them, as I read them and I do appreciate the people that write in them

Attempt to understand itself but I do not achieve it, feel but do not think it to pay to read the information of El Mundo. But your you do not also seem to be ready to its content explain to us in order that we should understand all that you want to say.

I only interpret on what your you have commented. You have said that the Rigalt comments that the rumor of the pregnancy already existed. The only thing that I have said is that it seems to me to be strange, because the news 3 days before, in several programs of television they were very different.

About Hola's forum, for months I do not read it for the barbarities that there they were writing to themselves. But I look at the web several times a day, as other people of this forum.

With all my respects at some stage the discussion has been felt by me at least offensive, regarding to the article you requested the link, and you give your version without having read it.
Regarding to the Hola Forums, I do appreciate the people that write in them I must insist in the issue of whether you read them or not, they are not exactly those other forums that you and me as well know. Do you usually read them? Because the story I have told it happen, and as I said before everyone in them thought that it had been a misunderstanding with the previous article that it's on the website. I mentioned that because a week later there was an announcement by the CR, but with the Princess pregnant 1 month and a half, now 2.

I insist in the issue about the Hola Forums I really appreciate the people in them, I would like an answer in that issue, it is not been me who has started this discussion.
I'm willing to leave this discussion as it is not longer related to the Forum at this stage, the same rule that applies to the people that spreads rumours applies to the people that contradict versions without having checked their facts. You have the link you check it.

I only have expressed my opinions like it you have done your, I have asked you to explain the article to us for my and for all the persons who read this forum. Because if your it is the well-read one you can comment on it, without doing that the whole world has to subscribe and to pay to the newspaper to read it. I am not going to continue speaking about this topic, because I believe that the people are interested in having information, and in reading things on the Princess and not in these discussions. If you want to comment on something more, please do it in a private way, I believe that it is more correct way not to bother the others.

I haven't started this discussion I have been accussed of "great imagination" I'm still awaiting your arguments with some kind of proof, and still awaiting for an answer to the issue of the Hola Forums, criticisms without having read the Forums it is unfair. I expressed previously the issue about having differents opinions myself, and that not being a crime, at the begining of this your answer was that they invent rumours,

Do you read that forum to state that? Otherwise the one that is inventing things might, and I would like to insist in that word, might be you

Olga and Lula,

This discussion has gone long enough. If you want to continue this discussion please do so via private message.

Thank you for your cooperation.

This article does not say anything new, but it has a video with images of the Princess. This one is Telemadrid's web, they are in the habit of following the activities of the Princes, since they did with the visits to different municipalities of Madrid. The act is at 11.30 (spanish hour). To see Telemadrid, search on the web:
En Directo Telemadrid SAT

http://www.telemadrid.com/actualidad/noticia.pag?codigo=161027
The princess of Asturias will inaugurate this Monday a public college in Pozuelo de Alarcón

Last edited:
Looking at the pics of Letizia at the concert it appears that her bump is appearing which seems quite big for someone of over 2 months pregnant!! is there any speculation that her due date might be earlier than may?

PrincessofEurope said:
Looking at the pics of Letizia at the concert it appears that her bump is appearing which seems quite big for someone of over 2 months pregnant!! is there any speculation that her due date might be earlier than may?

I think that it's just the top... During the meeting with Cavaco Silva she didn't have a big bump...;)

On the topic of the belly, I believe that it influences enough the clothes that dresses, probably tomorrow let's see her and do not be obvious so much. On having taken the coat opened , it was cutting her figure of an a bit strange way. Generally, the belly grows before when already a previous pregnancy has been had.
On the date of the birth of the baby, the press thinks that the Royal Household is in the habit of giving approximate dates because a baby can improve or be late, but the difference can be of a couple of weeks as much.;)

From seegerpress

Last edited:
http://www.europapress.es/noticia.aspx?cod=20061009120750&ch=66

The Princess of Asturias inaugurates a college of Infantile and Primary Education in Pozuelo de Alarcón

The Princess dona Letizia Ortiz came this morning to the locality of Pozuelo de Alarcón where she inaugurated a public college of Infantile and Primary Education that takes the name of ' Princes of Asturias '.

At her arrival to the center, to which doors there had congregated more than one hundred of persons who expressed their sharm to dona Letizia, the Princess was got by the delegate of the Government in Madrid, Soledad Mestre; the minister of Education, Mercedes Cabrera; the chairwoman of the Community of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre; and the mayor of Pozuelo, Jesus Sepúlveda.

Dona Letizia discovered a commemorative plate of this one act, placed in the foyer of entry of the college, in which this inaugural act is remembered on the part of the Princess of Asturias.

From terra

1io1.jpg
2oy0.jpg
3ba1.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen the images in television. The children gave her a drawing with a tart and a candle for was celebrating the Leonor's first birthday.:lol:

I have seen Letizia in TV too and she wore a dark gray suite.She is very elegant today with that sober suit.
Letizia really loves the children and is very integrated among them.:flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom