Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 6: October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks so radiant... her hair it´s beautiful, and the blouse I just love it...

Yes! She looks just so happy and beatiful! She is well again. I think than some weeks ago, when she seemed to be in low health, so thin and her hair looking so poor, it must be just for she was experiencing her first weks of pregnancy. Some women gots them worse than others, that is with vomits, nausea and headache. My mother lost a lot of weigh when she was pregnant of me, and was the same when she was pregnant of my brother. :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

Yay! She is looking great again! She really benefits from her pregnancies because her face gets fuller, not fat, but fuller, the way it should be--that's when she looks her age.

thank you lula
i think that the mloment is very apropriate for letizia to begin his job alone and she look very beautiful

From Hola:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/10/06/princesa-letizia/

There was great commotion at the Monumental Theater of Madrid. Dozens of people were waiting the arrival of the Princess on the outskirts of the theater, in order to greet and to congratulate her for the pregnancy.

The Princess, dressing black trousers, white blouse and black topcoat, was very happy during this third public appearance, since September 25th, when her second pregnancy was announced.

The Princess of Asturias was secure and comfortable, during her solo debut, marked by the respect and support to the victims of terrorism.

Wow! Letizia looks absolutely radiant. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I love the fact her belly starts showing. She looks so proud of it :flowers:

Letizia was spectacular yesterday… and i surprised to me to see her belly so soon . Is incredible as wearing a “simple” suit Letizia can be so handsome…
well...perhaps it must to she is handsome by nature and she does not need suits that praise her.:flowers:

Letizia is going to have an own agenda!!:w00t: ....this is a pleasant news!

Last edited:
Leti looked lovely.. She absolutely have a certain glow that pregnant woman have..

Thanks fot the fotos... Letizia was beautiful!

From sipapress via Isifa

I agree she looks beautiful and so happy.It's a pleasure to see her like that. I hope she will be ok in her next activity because she will be alone !!!!

She is sooo beautiful and glowing... But doesn't look pregnant to me... It's just your imagination; the belly hasn't started to show yet!

I think it is time to let her do somthing on her own!!I think it will be good for her she will be more involved and more selfconfident

I fully agree with the previous post. It was time for her to have an agenda. Now she can actually show, what she is been prepared for and that she can have her own activities and so forth. Although in my opinion she should have started to have her own agenda prior to getting pregnant, or at least announce the pregnancy after she has already have some acts on her own, so that she can get used to them. I say that because she is only about two months pregnant and I think it looks a bit rushed that announcement.

But that is just an opinion. :flowers:

The princess looks great in the concert in honor of the victims of terrorism. Thanks, everyone, for the photos.

Dona Letizia will have own agenda dedicated to topics of infancy and youth
It is also great to see that Casa Real is starting to develop her solo agenda. Since she is going to work on the issues of children and the youth, I think she'll be in very good company in Oviedo when UNICEF receives the Prince of Asturias award. She'll be in a very good position for international networking! Hopefully, the pregnancy-related discomforts will ease at that time and these will not stop her from coming to Asturias.

I've always felt that when it comes to the Princess going solo, "today is as good as any". They could have done it sooner but I respect Casa Real's decision to defer it -- possibly, they had other considerations that they wanted to satisfy.

If Queen Sofia's agenda (in relation to King Juan Carlos') is the benchmark, it could be that the Princess will have 1 solo event per week and then, continue to have a lot of shared activities with Prince Felipe. I think that with the pregnancy, chances are, it will be the shared activities that will be cut back (especially those that are held outside of Madrid). At this point, I think that what they'll try to strike at is a good balance in reinforcing the institutional personality of 'la Princesa de Asturias' without compromising their earlier success in building that of 'los Principes de Asturias'.

Now we'll see if she will indeed overshadow Felipe like they say she will.

planetcher said:
Now we'll see if she will indeed overshadow Felipe like they say she will.

I think she most definitely will. I don't see it as a bad thing. Look at all the other Crown Princesses of Europe, it's just the natural swing of things. Everything will even out at the end. Everyone knows Felipe is going to be King and Letizia, Queen Consort. Right now, as Letizia starts her own agenda, she's going to be a novelty for Spain and the rest of the royal-watching world. It's going to be interesting to see where Letizia's interests lie and how she uses her influence to make the world a better place. :flowers:

It's good that the Princess has her own agenda... I agree with Casa Real's timing on letting Letizia had her solo engagement late. I think the reason why they did that is because they want to build an image of a united couple. Since they were newlyweds 2 years ago, it's just right that they attend duties/engagements together. Now that it's high time that the Pss has had her own agenda, I think it will be good for the RF. Anyway, it's better late than not having your own engagament esp. if you're going o be queen someday.. More power to Letizia!!!!:) :clap:

i agree it's great that she starts having her own agenda. she really needed it, considering some critical opinions that i heard about this subject. i think it's the only way she can show the kingdom of spain and the rest of the world how she is and how she performs her role as princess of asturias. there was so much criticism about why she did only pronounce two speeches during her time a princess and why did she have to go all the time with felipe. i also think she is by now perfectly able to perform royal duties alone, as she had quite a while to learn from the prince, who is obviously quite knowledgeable and experienced.

i also noticed the webpage of casa real is 'under construction'. perhaps because they are developing the princess' agenda? :)

it's a shame however that she starts having solo engagements just after a week of having announced her second pregnancy, as her appearances will obviously be affected (specially the first months). however, it's logical to think there's a good reason from the royal household to do it now, perhaps so that they have more time to discuss what's going to happen in each engagement and so forth...

by the way, she looked great at the concert and first official own engagement. her face seemed to shine... :)

Letizia always look beautiful....
any new picture of Loenor.. i miss her :sad:

MAISARAH said:
Letizia always look beautiful....
any new picture of Loenor.. i miss her :sad:

Me too, very much. I'm hoping the three of them will be in Oviedo for the prices Prince of Asturias, and that they will take little Leonor to Covadonga. Then maybe we'll get some pictures. If not, maybe for her first birthday:flowers:

The time they chose to make this announcement makes me think
that she will have only very few engagements on her own at the beginning
(which can be excused with her pregnancy and motherhood)
and that we will still see more united acts than single acts in the future.

I personally think 2 1/2 years is a very long time, too long.
IMO they should have given her her own agenda sooner, from the beginning in fact,
especially since I believe in "learning by doing".
It created the impression that the SRF did not trust Letizia enough or that Letizia felt insecure
or that they were afraid of her overshadowing him, which is not a good impression.
And it's not normal, even for Spanish women, not to have your own work.
I (as a careerwoman like Letizia) was really annoyed by that.

But better soon than never, better a few engagements than none.
I am sure she will be good at it (and overshadow Felipe, at least in the media.:lol: )

But maybe Letizia is the one who didn't really want to start her solo acts earlier!!! Nobody thinks about that. Maybe she didn't feel completely able to do it, and wanted to spend more time surrounded by her husband and other professionals!

The time they chose to make this announcement makes me think
that she will have only very few engagements on her own at the beginning
(which can be excused with her pregnancy and motherhood)
and that we will still see more united acts than single acts in the future.

I personally think 2 1/2 years is a very long time, too long.
IMO they should have given her her own agenda sooner, from the beginning in fact,
especially since I believe in "learning by doing".
It created the impression that the SRF did not trust Letizia enough or that Letizia felt insecure
or that they were afraid of her overshadowing him, which is not a good impression.
And it's not normal, even for Spanish women, not to have your own work.
I (as a careerwoman like Letizia) was really annoyed by that.

But better soon than never, better a few engagements than none.
I am sure she will be good at it (and overshadow Felipe, at least in the media. )

I fully agree with ricarda, in fact, those were the rumours, that the Royal Household did not trust her, so it is good for her to have her own agenda and show what she can do.

Definitely agree as well with Carlota, it is rather likely that she will miss engagements due to the pregnancy, and I didn't know about the Royal Household website being under construccion, so thanks for the tip:flowers:

In any case I think I have heard, that she is not going to assist to the Prince of Asturias Awards Ceremony, and that the Prince will be atending with his mother, Queen Sofia, but I haven't read that in Spanish RH Website, but in an Spanish newspaper, so I might be wrong:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The doubt offends. If the house of the king thought that it would be better than Letizia did not have her own agenda… their reasons had to think this, but that Letizia is not enabled to work single.. it seems to me totally absurd because she is a tremendously intelligent woman,very cultured,serious with her work,perfectionist...and this is known by all.

What is evident is that the real house spanish bet more by a work in equipment than by an individual work.

Last edited:
olga7777 said:
In any case I think I have heard, that she is not going to assist to the Prince of Asturias Awards Ceremony, and that the Prince will be atending with his mother, Queen Sofia, but I haven't read that in Spanish RH Website, but in an Spanish newspaper, so I might be wrong:flowers:

I believe that you have to clarify your sources, because this information is not correct. It is necessary to have care with the places where the information is read, it is necessary to look for a bit serious newspapers, because those who are not commit mistakes.

Initially Letizia goes, unless she feels very badly and prevent her from travelling. She will do everything possible for going, because for the Princes it is a very special act, and for the Prince the act and the most important speech of the year. Even the Director of the Foundation has commented that he is sure that Letizia will come, because she is a very strong woman.

The Queen comes every year as invited to the act.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom