Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 5: May - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paty said:
Jaime Peñafiel has written a book about Letizia !!!!:ohmy:
The Book is entitled, " Letizia in Palace "

Jaime Peñafiel's continuous worry for Letizia Ortiz's life

The veteran journalist has turned into an authentic scourge of the Royal House, especially from the commitment of Don Philip with "plebeian" one who monopolizes since then the areas

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/56350.asp?tt=

It is not exactly a book, only the summary of the articles that he writes in El Mundo ... it is to say, a way easy to money promote and be done. Today in day to publish a "book" it is not required very much.

I do not believe that there is nothing to comment on on this personage, because already he bores ... he pledges in demonstrating that Letizia is the domineering one, the capricious one and the bad-mannered one ... and he manipulates everything to demonstrate it. Curiously, Letizia continues there in her second plane, without opening the mouth ... so he uses his imagination, or he manipulates any absurd thing.

The saddest thing, it is that there is so obsessed, that is unable to do a veracious work, and of judging the work that the Princes do inheritors. Only he is interested in the rumor, damages to Letizia or her family, to satisfy his own ego. But he is not capable of valuing the good work that the Princes do in their official activities, is more, I believe that so a minimal idea does not even have of the acts to those they come and the activities that they realize. Only gossip, rumors and lies. And unfortunately it is not the only one ... this way certain press works, interested in doing business and not in reporting.:wacko:

It's sad. What people will do for the the money and publicity.

Can anyone tell me why he and probably not only he doesn't like Letizia so much?

magnik said:
Can anyone tell me why he and probably not only he doesn't like Letizia so much?

For certain persons that the plebeian one and divorcée has turned into Princess of Asturias, it is a drama ... it is the only thing that they value, and they are not capable of valuing in an objective way if she does or not a good work ... only they value it. Besides, in an act before the wedding, Letizia did a commentary to Peñafiel on someone of the commentaries that he was writing in his column, and since then he hates her furthermore.
Though Peñafiel always has been like that, a bit embittered, now he praises the Queen, but also he has criticized her very much.

To speak about Letizia has turned into a business, she was the normal girl who turned into Princess, and it causes envy in some, is furious in others. For her wedding, she is in a position that many people would like. Also it has turned into an easy victim for the assaults to the Monarchy, attack often of political type.

Letizia has many "enemies", is an easy victim, because inside the Royal Family, she is the person who is there for wedding and has more power.

For the "pink" press, which every time is more yellow or even black (in the last years its degradation in Spain in incredible), Letizia has been from the beginning a business ... a bad bussiness. Because Letizia choose for a professional profile, for following the same work that the Queen has done. She dresses a discreet clothes, neither is present at parties nor grants interviews ... for this type of press, a Princess who only devotes herself to her work, is not profitable ... so what they do is to invent different rumors to have a topic of conversation. And major all that and sla polemic, more it sells .. because the press of the "entrails" is like that .. and they do not take any respect as anybody. It is a press that values more to whom it sells his life and allows them to do business, that to whom they work indeed. They do it with the Princess and with other many persons.

On the other hand Letizia has turned also into a political weapon. The republicans, take advantage of the critiques to Letizia to damage the image of the Monarchy. And the ultraconservative ones, who will never accept the Princess plebeian, divorced and edducated in a liberal environment, also attack her. They are the same that in its day were attacking the Queen Sofia for being a foreigner and being a very cold woman.
Though it seems to be paradoxical, often the critiques come from the aristocracy and from the most conservative positions, that they believe that still they have rightly to certain privileges, and that not understanding that the Monarchy is an institution that one must adapt to the life in democracy.

Ultimately, all that that instead of valuing in an objective way the work and the activities of the Princess ... simply one uses it. Because the critiques are not objective, based on logical things ... but often based on indemonstrable rumors, or in manipulations.

Last edited:
It's good to have pro and cons. It's what makes life so interesting. I don't agree with everything he says, but I am sure there is some true to some of the statements.

The sadest thing is that he says all the time the same about the same person.All person have good and bad things and its good to say this but isn´t good obsesing about someone and can´t see the many good things she has and the excelent work she is doing. He has many contradictions,wants a princess like queen Sofia but when she is equal doesn´t like at all and wants a modern princesss. Although the worst is that he doesn´t like Letizia because she was doing a bad work as a princess is only because of class-conscious prejudices.

Thanks lula.
That's sad. He's a poor man who need a good psychotherapist.

nagore said:
The sadest thing is that he says all the time the same about the same person.All person have good and bad things and its good to say this but isn´t good obsesing about someone and can´t see the many good things she has and the excelent work she is doing. He has many contradictions,wants a princess like queen Sofia but when she is equal doesn´t like at all and wants a modern princesss. Although the worst is that he doesn´t like Letizia because she was doing a bad work as a princess is only because of class-conscious prejudices.

It is true, quite the persons have good and bad things, no member of the Royal Family is perfect, because they are normal persons. What it is necessary to value is that they do a good work, which their acts fulfill with responsibility, which they do not abuse their position ... and in these aspects Letizia is developing to the perfection the work that they have assigned to her. And it is the most important thing ...

What it is not possible to do is to attribute and to criticize Letizia, for things that have been constant in the Royal Family, attitudes that they praise in the Queen and the Infantas, they are hardly criticized in Letizia ... it is a demagoguery, which does not lead to any site.

On the judgments of class they are very habitual in certain sectors, and often they are very paradoxical. If you have a pertaining to nobility title, money or a certain surname excuse many things to you. Look the children of the Duchess of Alba, with many pertaining to nobility titles, at a lot of money, and with possibilities to have the best education ... the only thing that they create are scandals.:wacko:

Paty said:
Jaime Peñafiel has written a book about Letizia !!!!:ohmy:
The Book is entitled, " Letizia in Palace "

Peñafiel describes Letizia as a capricious woman, and a woman who does not know who is her rolec in the monarchy

Jaime Peñafiel's continuous worry for Letizia Ortiz's life

The veteran journalist has turned into an authentic scourge of the Royal House, especially from the commitment of Don Philip with "plebeian" one who monopolizes since then the areas

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/56350.asp?tt=
I don't understand what's the problem of this creepy man with Letizia, he sure needs help he's obsessed with her!.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/09/21/comunicacion/1158850048.html

Letizia Ortiz will preside at the international congress of catholic televisions that will be celebrated in Madrid

The Princess of Asturias has accepted the presidency of honor of the World Congress of catholic televisions that will be celebrated in Madrid next October. Letizia Ortiz has foreseen to receive in special hearing to the organizing committee.

To define the signs of identity of what must be a catholic television and the possibility of collaboration, fundamentally in the transfer of contents, they will be an object of study during a Congress organized by the Pontificio Consejo of Social Communications and the Archbishopric of Madrid.

The Congress, which will celebrate in Los Negrales (Madrid), from October 10 to October 12, was presented during a wheel of press by Enrique Planas, member of the mentioned Council Pontificio, and several members of the organizing Committee of the event.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/p_asturias_victimas_terrorismo_1122032.htm

Princess of Asturias will represent on Friday to concert Victims Terrorism

The Princess of Asturias will preside for the second time in solitarily at a public act, the concert that organizes the Foundation Victims of the terrorism that it will take place next Friday at 20.00 hours in the Monumental Theatre of Madrid, they informed sources of the House of the King.

The Prince of Asturias will not be able to be with her because tomorrow he begins a visit to The United States, which will end precisely on the same Friday night, and will not return to Madrid until Saturday.

It was also because of a trip, when Don Felipe had to attend the funerales of the president of the United Arab Emirates, when Dona Letizia went for the first alone time to an official act, on November 4, 2004 in the Royal Academy of the History.

(...)

The IVth Concert Honoring to the Victims of the Terrorism
Monumental Theatre. Madrid, on October 6, 2006

It will be presided by Her Royal Highness The Princess of Asturias

The Concert Honoring to the Victims of the terrorism, that reaches the fourth edition, is organized by the Foundation Victims of the terrorism and the Foundation for the Freedom, with the collaboration of the Department of Culture and Spanish Broadcast television.
RTVE's Symphonic Orchestra, under Adrian Leaper's direction, it will interpret ' Fingal's cave ', of Félix Mendelssohn; ' Triple concert for double-bass, violoncello, piano and orchestra ', of Ludwig van Beethoven, and ' Symphony n º 4 ', of Piotr Tchaikovsky

This is wonderful.we waited it for so long.we will see photos of princess in HER thread soon.(i hope everything goes well with her and she doesn't cancel the act).
Hope this is the begining of seeing her alone at least once in month.
but what happened to the royal house that change their attitude toward the princess aganda?

aryo said:
but what happened to the royal house that change their attitude toward the princess aganda?
This event (because it's a homage to the victims of terrorism) is quite important, particularly in Spain. Once the concert coincided with the Prince's trip, at least one of the spouses had to accept the invitation and be present...

thanks.
So there is no hope solo acts will continue.anyway it's great to see her alone or with the prince.

lula said:

The IVth Concert Honoring to the Victims of the Terrorism
Monumental Theatre. Madrid, on October 6, 2006

Thank you lula for sharing the news.

To be honest I feel quite apreensive to know that the Princess will be there alone. Not that she isn't capable of that and much more but I always have the feeling that she gets very emotional remembering this dark day of Spanish history so intimately linked to her own.

Why the choice of that day from the Foundation do you know?!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

I think the decision of her attending the concert alone was made after it became clear that she wouldn't travel to Washington DC with Felipe. Perhaps the doctor doesn't recommend her travelling so far during the first 3 months since she is not feeling well. If Felipe were in Madrid, he would go to the concert too. Thus I don't think her future agenda will change.

I believe that this owes to the circumstances, the Prince is in Washington and the Kings have an act in Sevilla. Not if into the future they will change the circumstances with regard to the assistance of the Princess in solitarily to the acts. I do not believe it, because really, even the Prince does already very few acts in solitarily, exempting some hearings and the military acts.

Nevertheless, and though only it is a concert, and there is neither speeches nor anything similar, I believe that it is a very important act; and that is very good that they have decided that the Royal Family this one represented in this act.

How Elsa has commented in Spain, the acts related to the victims of the terrorism, they are always important acts. But sometimes, the circumstances do that these acts are more important and more symbolic. The political current importance does of this act, in this slightly more out-standing moment. The victims of ETA pass for a moment complicated with the topic of the negotiations of the Government with the terrorists; the victims of 11M pass for another complicated moment, for the appearance of many "conspiratorial" theories in press.

mtbcm said:
To be honest I feel quite apreensive to know that the Princess will be there alone. Not that she isn't capable of that and much more but I always have the feeling that she gets very emotional remembering this dark day of Spanish history so intimately linked to her own.
I know, I have that feeling too.

I love this news... I can not wait until 6...

I think it's nice that she gets to do a solo engagement, but I wish it wasn't while she's pregnant and having morning sickness. Bad timing. I hope she'll feel ok enough to do it.

http://www.fundacionvt.org/paginas/prensa/pdf/04-10-06.pdf

The Princess of Asturias will preside at the IV Concert Honoring to the Victims of the terrorism

Madrid. (October 4) .-Her Royal Highness the Princess of Asturias will preside at the Concert Honoring to the Victims of the terrorism, who will be celebrated next Friday organized by the Foundation for the Freedom and the Foundation Victims of the terrorism, with the collaboration of the Department of Culture and of Radio Television Española-RTVE.

One more year, the Royal Family returns to reveal their support to the victims of the terrorism. In fact, they have not been lacked by any of four summons of these Concerts Honoring.​

In this fourth edition, besides the own victims and the representatives of the different groups and associations, there have been invited representatives of the different Institutions and of the administrations of the State, autonomic and local.​

The Concert Honoring, it will take place at 20:00 in the Monumental Theatre of Madrid, next Friday, the 6th of October, and will be interpreted by RTVE's Symphonic Orchestra, directed by Adrián Leaper​

Thanks for the article Lula , this one is a fantastic news. Finally we will be able to see the princess again and verify as she is.
Poor Letizia...I hope she can contain the nauseous...:rolleyes: :lol:

...And I ask myself... :question:

What dress will take Letizia the Friday? … She will release a new dress?
She is the president so… she will read a speech?
Will the princess return to take a jacket suit or on the contrary she will wear a dress at night?

Probably I will solve my doubts Friday to 8:00 but I´m sure Letizia will go spectacular and impeccable as always.:king:

Last edited:
Lauritas138 said:
Thanks for the article Lula , this one is a fantastic news. Finally we will be able to see the princess again and verify as she is.
Poor Letizia...I hope she can contain the nauseous...:rolleyes: :lol:

...And I ask myself... :question:

What dress will take Letizia the Friday? … She will release a new dress?
She is the president so… she will read a speech?
Will the princess return to take a jacket suit or on the contrary she will wear a dress at night?

Probably I will solve my doubts Friday to 8:00 but I´m sure Letizia will go spectacular and impeccable as always.:king:

I can give you some replies of your questions. The dress will not be of "gala", will be dressed like she has gone to other concerts and as the Queen is in the habit of going.

It is a concert, and in the concerts there are no speeches.

On the nauseas, I also hope that she feels better; and I hope that the concert is relaxed, and the whole people is calm.;)

lula said:
I can give you some replies of your questions. The dress will not be of "gala", will be dressed like she has gone to other concerts and as the Queen is in the habit of going.

It is a concert, and in the concerts there are no speeches.

On the nauseas, I also hope that she feels better; and I hope that the concert is relaxed, and the whole people is calm.;)

Well..........I exactly did not talk about a dress of "gala"
And… I suppose that if she is the honor president she could say some “words” before the concert…
In any case thanks for the explanations.;)

The Princes presided this concert in the year 2004, and the Kings in 2005.

From paralalibertad and Casa Real

Can not wait to see her pictures. Thanks in advance to all who will be posting her solo pictures. As much as I like to see her with Prince Felipe, this will give her image a great boost - I hope anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom