Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 5: May - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
grevinnan said:
I expected F & L to handle it splendidly. I am disappionted in the members of this forum.

Don't be so depressed, the best way to pass this stupide event is to banalyse and to put it at its just level a wind interlud which make the protagonists themselves.....:rolleyes: :p

I totaly agree with you grevinnan.That photos are unnecessary.

I also agree with you. I do not understand because so many photos, mainly when they are not nothing pleasant.

To compare the unfortunate event happened to Princess Letizia with the unfortunate picture taken Merkel it's a complete nonsense.

Princess Letizia was victim of an unfortunate accident. Merkel was changing clothes with ther back ungarded.

But they both sure took the lesson, Letizia will be more careful when using skirts and Merkel will lean to dress in private.

And this is not a payback. It's what they do!

Let's move on, please.

{deleted reference to deleted post - Elspeth}

I've seen the video, I felt sorry for the Princess, I got amused by Prince Felipe gesture, I am digusted that the Princess appears that way on the cover or inside pages, but that's enough for me.

They had a very hard week, another is coming its way.

Other Royal Families' members are in this forum to be seen - it's time to move on.

Regards,
mtbcm

Last edited by a moderator:
Doña Letizia Ortiz carries out the pink week by her elegance and naturalness

The unquestionable protagonists of this week in the world of the heart have been Princes de Asturias, who have celebrated their second wedding anniversary of act in act.
The 20 of May, Don Felipe de Borbón and Doña Letizia Ortiz traveled to Barcelona with the King Don Juan Carlos and the Dukes of Palm in full dress to preside over the supper of the Laureus Prizes, where the Princess emphasized by her elegance when shining a model escotado in tones I receive. Very smiling, the young person put next to Don Felipe with innumerable legend of the sport and, demonstrating his passion of mother, she indicated that infant Leonor is “monada”.
Two days later, Princes de Asturias made an official visit to Fuenlabrada. Letizia Ortiz demonstrated its affection when a girl asked to him for the small Leonor and she answered that it had remained in house playing and that was leaving him a tooth.
The same naturalness demonstrated in the gaditana locality of San Roque, where the wind played bad a last one the ex- journalist and a little while carried out to the Marilyn Monroe taking hold itself the skirt that took. A gesture accomplice to Don Felipe and a timid smile helped Doña Letizia to get out of trouble

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/dona_letizia_ortiz_901049.htm

I'm not quite sure to post these pictures or not, since.. hmm.. maybe a bit too much, and the event already took place last week (and burried on the previous thread). but, since it's a news.. so, here goes..
CADIZ/ SPAIN. During the celebrations of the 300th aniversarry of the city of San Roque (Cadiz) where attended the princes of Spain, a gust of wind discover by surprise the underwear of Letizia Ortiz.

from brunopress :

I think the pics and the video of Letizia's flying skirt is a light and harmless and even funny moment that will not cause any harm to her or Felipe or the SRF.:)

Oh my! Poor Letizia. No wonder she wears slacks all the time. ;) Thank goodness she had panties on though... can you imagine. I also wonder why she didn't wear a slip. That would've at least kept her covered.
Oh well, no biggie... this too shall pass...

http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article648674.ece

Ofcourse the skirt is simply to good not to write about, this time from Norway with a humongous picture. On the britght side they call her one of the worlds most elegant royals, one of the most popular royals and they compliment her for just laughing at, they also say that she and Felipe makes an elegant couple that was back to work the next day and that she is leading the most elegant poll in the reputable (*cough*cough*) Hello Magazine, not at all a mean story, just an excuse to show the picture.

also Danish Ekstrabladet who is known for beeing on the tacky side esp to the danish royals has the story, they also write that she is known for her stylish elegance and took the Marilyn Monroe incident with a smile
http://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning/kongelige/article200596.ece

That was really bad luck, but still, I can't help laughing.

It seems Letizia does everything a 100%.
I know there have been royal accidents like this before
but I must say I have never seen royal underwear as clear as this.
It's actually a bit more than a Marilyn Monroe moment.

It must be very embarrassing for her.
But I don't think it will harm her.
She did not do it on purpose.
Just does not have "quick reaction"-ability.

You can see the vey high level of the intelligency of the european press.

The circunstance was so good to do a "tremandous" and "catchy " title, I have to remark that they can't resist to do it.

Fews days ago, I was joking about the action which might to act against the wind and the person at fault. I think today as I see how stupidly is reacting the press that the chief of spanish protocol should be dismissed ( In Japan he will made him harakiri ....)

Ricarda, you last remark is very excEssive because, she was very reactive and I think it's was not possible to do it faster BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT SHOOTERS ARE MORE QICKER...

Last edited:
adelaide said:

You surely can say that again... *Sigh*
I think Leti handled the situation very smoothly, btw. Respect to the princess! :)

adelaide said:

The circunstance was so good to do a "tremandous" and "catchy " title, I have to reamark that they can't resist to do it.

Fews days ago, I was joking about the action which might to act against the wind and the person at fault. I think today as I see how stupidly is reacting the press that the chief of spanish protocol should be dismissed ( In Japan he will made him harakiri ....)

Ricarda, you last remark is very excissive because, she was very reactive and I think it's was not possible to do it faster BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT SHOOTERS ARE MORE QICK...
find that it has super good reacts me in its case I will have become red like possible steps without being able to smiles and with for only desire for hiding me

I've read Queen Elizabeth has weights sewn into the hems of all her skirts. That might not be a bad idea with photographers ready to snap away at all times.

:mad: Poor Princess Letizia.... the photographer shouldn't print this pics in respect of the Sapnish Royal family....

she is a person like all other persons! So she will deal with it, and also laugth I think

Many thanks La Chica Madrilena to put the link to vote for the Princess. Let be sur that I do MY JOB for Letzia as time as I can.

Very well done to the Princess.

It could all have been worse, she could have been wearing Bridget Jones style knickers! :)

Skydragon said:
It could all have been worse, she could have been wearing Bridget Jones style knickers! :)
Yeah...:D:D:D Well, as for me, she will NEVER, even after 5 kids, have to wear such underwear:D

adelaide said:

The circunstance was so good to do a "tremandous" and "catchy " title, I have to remark that they can't resist to do it.

Ricarda, you last remark is very excEssive because, she was very reactive and I think it's was not possible to do it faster BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT SHOOTERS ARE MORE QICKER...
What has the chief of protocol to do with this? Can he control the wind:confused:::)

No need to be so embarresd for her. The pictures are only fun, also for Letizia:)

Last edited:
The protocole has to organize in all the details the Princes's acts until to appreciate the kind of clothes that the Princess has to wear according the weather.....I don't think it's a true " FUN" for Letizia or if it is, it's a very pecukiar sens of fun for thd Princess of Asturias.

Please, we must forget that incident, it wasn't Letizia fault, and all that ironics commentaries just make people talk more about this, sooooooooooooo, FORGET IT! also it is unrespectful.

MAISARAH said:
:mad: Poor Princess Letizia.... the photographer shouldn't print this pics in respect of the Sapnish Royal family....
MAISARAH, specially yellow press haven't got a respect for anybody:mad:

Fernando Grace compares in a book to Doña Letizia and Carmen of Towns the author of "Objective: to kill the King "resists in the work" After Juan Carlos I, Letizia or Republic "parallelisms in the life apparently opposed of both women, dedicating its reedición to the publisher and director of the DAY, Jose Rodriguez Ramirez, to whom describes as" luxury "in the personnel and the professional. The DAY, S/C of Tenerife The symmetrical aspects and the divergences between the lives of Doña Letizia Ortiz and Carmen of Towns, "Colombine", center the work "After Juan Carlos I, Letizia or Republic", that the journalist and writer Fernando Grace finish reediting with a special dedication to the publisher and director of the DAY, Jose Rodriguez Ramirez, to whom describes as much as "luxury" in the friendly aspect that she unites them like in the professional. Grace reviews the trajectories of that considers "registering" of the options that, according to the writer, it has left to Spain after the reign of Don Juan Carlos: the continuity of the Monarchy or the return to a republican system. In this sense, Doña Letizia would represent the first possibility ("Who more monarchist than a pretendiente to queen", Grace is asked), whereas the figure of Carmen of Towns, that died by the Republic, would head second. The author makes available of the reader, throughout 158 pages, the aspects common in his curiosity, like the fact to arrive from provinces at Madrid, the obsession of both by the work of Mariano Jose de Larra, the performance of the journalistic profession, its presence in Cortes, their marriages with writers and their later divorces and returns to the altar, with Prince Felipe one and Ramon Go'mez of the Serna the other. Frankly, in plain language and of descriptive form, the author shells some unknown details of the Spanish royalty and the leaders of the Republic, in chapters with as graphical titles as "When before the gravity of Franc, Don Juan assured that he was the legitimate King", "the law of the divorce we must to the Republic" or "Letizia Ortiz and Carmen of Towns. The malcasadas ones with brief men ". In opinion of Grace, "Letizia is so monarchic, so monarchic, that all its persistence is to get to reign. Carmen of Towns was so republican, so republican, that elbow with elbow with Blasco Ibáñez worked and was companion of that liberal genius ", in reference to Go'mez of the Serna. "the two have felt the necessity to come near to the culture by means of Literature. Letizia Ortiz until the point to instill in the youngest of the Borbones liking to the reading, and Carmen of Towns because, thanks to its translations, the Spaniards we have had access to Naquet, the very many Moebius, Tolstoi, Renar, Darwins, Bovio and more ", related. The author proposes "to study the behavior and the virtues of both defenders at any cost of Monarchy and Republic, treating to avoid a single line of intentionality in it", and inviting "to that each one draws its own conclusions", conclude

http://83.175.206.50/2006-06-04/cultura/cultura5.htm

This article is interesting but, in my opinion, it based on too much presupposed, notably about Letizia. It's a brillant exercise of style.

Many thanks Infanteleonor for the translation ( a detail, the surname don't have to be translated, ex: Carmen de BURGOS still remain in english like that, no Carmen of Towns, or in french Carmen des Villes )

Many thanks again.

http://213.0.95.34/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1551&pIdSeccion=10&pIdNoticia=155412&rand=1149654315434

Alfredo Urdaci assures that Doña Letizia wants to have more children

Urdaci, who used to be Letizia’s boss in TVE, assures that he continues seeing Letizia Ortiz, because she is "friend of her friends", just like him. The journalist, who used to present the TVE newscast along with Letizia, assures that the Princess is "glowing" with her daughter and that when she is abroad, she keeps thinking about the girl. "She is happy, and now she wants to have more children", he said.

Urdaci, who is sorry for the fact that, after being taken away from the spotlights, many people have progressively abandoned him, assures that it has not happened with Princess Letizia. According to him, the one who was "an ambitious and competitive" journalist now is a "happy mother”: "I see her glowing with her daughter. She speaks constantly of Infanta Leonor. I suppose that it is normal, when a woman has just had a baby".

He reveals, for example, that when she is abroad, "she continuously calls home to hear if she is O.K." "Now she only says to us: isn’t she gorgeous?".

http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/articulo/mensajeros_paz_princesa_irak_932891.htm

Mensajeros de la Paz (Messengers Peace) rewards Princess and journalists were a war Iraq

The ONG (Not governmental organization) Messengers of the Peace, at which there presides the father Angel García, has rewarded the Princess of Asturias and all the journalists who have been emphasized in Iraq between 2003 and 2006 to cover the warlike conflict.

As sources of the ONG informed today Efe, between the journalists who covered the war, there was the editor at the time of TVE Letizia Ortiz, who in addition reported of a trip that the president of Messengers did to the zone.

The ONG has rewarded all the journalists who as correspondents or special correspondents, of radio, television and written press, were employed at that zone during the conflict.

The recognition comes to them ' for their magnificent labor ' and ' the work of great personal risk, which has made them defenders of the peace in the heart of the war ', between them the deceaseds Jose Couso and Julio Anguita Parrado.

The awards take the name of Pens of the Peace, instituted by the association in 1980, with that they recognize ' the humanitarian side of the professionals of the mass media and they recognize the sensibility and value on having denounced the human suffering there where it wants that it is '.

Of them near 40 awardwinners, by the work realized for the Agency Efe there have been rewarded Jesus Lozano, Sobji Hadad, Namir Al Hujaji, Fernando Prieto, Elena Moreno, Carmen Postigo, Alberto Masegosa, Alfonso Bauluz and Javier Otazu.

The prizes that will submit next June 22, have been granted only to editors though the ONG wants to make his honoring and recognition extensive ' to the magnificent work and the great sensibility of all the graphical journalists, cameras and technical personnel of sound and production of the different Spanish means that also have covered the conflict '.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/06/22/comunicacion/1150985727.html

Messengers of the Peace it rewards the Spanish journalists who have covered the War of Iraq

MADRID. - The Association Messengers of the Peace has delivered the prizes ' Pen of the Peace ' to the Spanish journalists who moved to Iraq between the year 2003 and 2006 to cover the warlike conflict suffered from the country.

The ' Pen of the Peace ' is an award created by the Association Messengers of the Peace in 1980, with which there wants to be rewarded the humanitarian side of the professionals of the press and to recognize their sensibility on having denounced the human suffering there where it is.

The founder and president of the Association, the father Angel, did a special mention to the Princess of Asturias, with whom he said that he coincided with Iraq when she was only Letizia Ortiz and was working for TVE, and remembered also both journalists died in that war, the reporter of El Mundo Julio A. Parrado and Telecinco Jose's cámara Couso.

The father Angel indicated that the Princess of Asturias was grateful to them for letter for the distinction and it reported that twenty years ago her grandmother Menchu del Valle got the same prize in Oviedo for a qualified article " The pen and the peace ".

Between the winning ones there are 12 journalists of the Agency EFE, the Spanish way that more persons displeased to report of the war of Iraq, that there covered also professionals of other means as El Mundo, ' The Country ', ' The Forefront ', TVE, Telecinco or Antenna 3.

The president of the Association was grateful to all for the realized work and refirió especially to some " old glories " of the journalism, of that it was said that " they are major as me ", to refer to Tico Medina and to Luis del Olmo, who came to receive the award.

For the father Angel, the prize distinguishes the made well work and the one that " was helping to move wills in opposition to a war, unjust, as all ".
Also he underlined the help received of the diplomats, who facilitated bureaucratic labors in order that one could have brought Spain to almost 200 children and adult Iraqis.

At the delivery of the prizes, which consisted of a pen with a symbolic value and a diploma, the ambassador of Iraq was present also in Spain, Falal Al-Khudairi, who emphasized the courage of the journalists on having reported to the rest of the world, underlined the good relations between his country and Spain, and sent a message of hope in order that it could reach the definitive peace in its people.

Question about the Princess ?

I know this has probably been discussed before, but here I go.

Maybe someone that has more knowledge of the Spanish Royal House could enlighten me.

Why does the Princess accompany the Prince on almost all his engagements. She never has a personal role in these engagements.
I know that some of them it would definitely be appropriate. All other Royal Households they have engagements together and separate. She could be at home with her daughter.

If this is required of her, is it still a training period, or do they not trust her.

I watched an old video clip of her giving the news and she was so confidant. Really a elegant and educated woman with the plus of having to deal with the public.

If anyone could spread some light on this matter it would be truly appreciated.

Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom