Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 4: July 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lula you have done an excellent sumary of the sitution and I agree totaly with this very subtil analysis. That it is difficult to understand when you are not spaniard and making comparaison with the other crown princess is the most large liberty whom they are in their public activities. For example, I'm sure that Letizia is totaly able to make conferences about Micro-Credit or to have a role in the international fight against the SIDA, but if I have well understand the specific spanish situation, the main question is to establish the permanence of the couple Felipe/Letizia for the future in a difficult political atmosphere inside Spain. It's because of that, the CR want above all that the link could being on the both. It's very understable even ifit's little bit schocking when you are rising the sexe equality.

Ariel said:
I think CR is doing slow steps in handling Letizia's solo agenda. There can be many reasons for that. One of them (according to my own views) is that she needs time to adjust to her new life style. Learn protocol and many other things that can be useful to her in representing Spain. I know she is a capable woman, but they probably want to be sure that it is the right time when she starts doing her own things. She had few time to get adjusted to the royal life before her wedding, they didnt have a long relationship before they got married. So maybe they think that giving her some years of experience by accompanying the prince will be the best school for her. Well these are just few thoughts about the subject.

Thank you Ariel. I also agree the absence of solo event on the part of Letizia has anything to do with the so called "Diana Syndrom" since both ladies led a completely different life, where Diana was placed in the world stage from the moment she married Charles.

The " Diana syndrom " doesn't mean Diana and Letizia are the same kind of women at all. It's a term whose the significant it's to describe a process in which a consort could have more impact than the heire him (or her, why not?)self. It's obvious that a consort might not to have more popularity than the crown prince (ss) him (her) self for whatever the reasons could to be.

I believe most of the important work of royal families and especially the heir is done behind the scenes and not easily recognized in the media. There is no doubt in my mind that as Felipe takes over more and more and K Juan Carlos gets older that the team of Felipe and Letizia will be an well oiled machine with two very hardworking and competent people. Their work is very different from some of the other royal houses and in depth knowledge and a keen intellect in grasping the issues facing Spain and the spanish speaking world will be their duty. Felipe and Letizia is a couple where the two together is stronger than either on their own.

Time for a new thread, which can be found here

Thank you all for your contributions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom