Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 3: April - July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
azile1710 said:
Do you really think that royals have the same stress of having a baby that the rest of us have? There are nannies, nurses, maids, cooks etc. etc. etc. to help with all of these things, and the public is exceptionally understanding when these women take time out to have babies.

I just think we're being naive to think that the amount of work that comes with having a baby applies to the average European royal. The amount of stress this frees up on a relationship is considerable.

Eliza

so well said....

Plus like it or not that is their job. I know it is awful to say this but honestly we have to face it. The royals do not look for partners the same way we look for partners. Honestly I do not believe these people marry for love. They marry looking for what is convinient for their business. Obviously today is beneficial to give the royals an image of flexibility and make us believe that they are marrying for love like any of us but it that true? with all your respect I do not think so. Today the royals are looking for the "professional" woman to join their ventures as a sign of bringing the royals to todays standards. These "professional" women become their partners to fulfil their duties and that include breeding the new generation of royals. :cool:

Australis said:
Honestly I do not believe these people marry for love. They marry looking for what is convinient for their business. Obviously today is beneficial to give the royals an image of flexibility and make us believe that they are marrying for love like any of us but it that true? with all your respect I do not think so. Today the royals are looking for the "professional" woman to join their ventures as a sign of bringing the royals to todays standards. These "professional" women become their partners to fulfil their duties and that include breeding the new generation of royals. :cool:
If that was true, do you really think that Felipe would wait till the age of 35 to marry a divorcée? Or that Willem-Alexander and Frederick would look for a girl on the other side of the planet? Or that Aakon would marry a single mother? Or that Charles would marry a divorcée, mother of two children and accused by his people for being responsible for the break-down of his own marriage?
Of course these are responsible men, who face the "job" with responsibilities (and Felipe was responsible enough to choose a strong, responsible, determined, carreer woman that could somehow give a valuable contribute to the Monarchy), but we really can't say that this man and this woman (who abandoned one of the most promising carreers of the last 50 years in Spain) didn't marry for love!! There has to be a permanent balance in the life of these princes between their institutional duties and their individual rights to aspire to a happy, stable family life... and this is a conquest of the last decade I would say...
As Felipe confessed in January 2003:
«I won't abandon my aim to marry someone I'm in love with, someone with whom I have an honest, profound relationship on which to base a family, common values and interests that will allow us to share a family and professional life… to serve Spain in the best way possible».

I guess he achieved what he was searching for :)

Elsa M. said:
If that was true, do you really think that Felipe would wait till the age of 35 to marry a divorcée? Or that Willem-Alexander and Frederick would look for a girl on the other side of the planet? Or that Aakon would marry a single mother? Or that Charles would marry a divorcée, mother of two children and accused by his people for being responsible for the break-down of his own marriage?
Of course these are responsible men, who face the "job" with responsibilities (and Felipe was responsible enough to choose a strong, responsible, determined, carreer woman that could somehow give a valuable contribute to the Monarchy), but we really can't say that this man and this woman (who abandoned one of the most promising carreers of the last 50 years in Spain) didn't marry for love!! There has to be a permanent balance in the life of these princes between their institutional duties and their individual rights to aspire to a happy, stable family life... and this is a conquest of the last decade I would say...
As Felipe confessed in January 2003:
«I won't abandon my aim to marry someone I'm in love with, someone with whom I have an honest, profound relationship on which to base a family, common values and interests that will allow us to share a family and professional life… to serve Spain in the best way possible».

I guess he achieved what he was searching for :)

I agree totally with Elsa...
I don't believe they marry for convenience or to a person who meets all the critera of the 'job'. If that's the case, they'll all be marrying distance relatives within the same social circle or of some titled rank, not single mom, divorcee etc.. Come on, would Hakkon marry MM for convenience???? Think of all the efforts etc that he had to face and go through to marry her? Or Felipe marry a divorcee or Frederik marry Mary who has to learn all about his way of life - language, culture etc.

I do believe that to a certain degree in their unique position in life, the life partner they choose have met with their own personal expectation and that together with the magical qualities of love enables each of these CPs to ask for them to be their wives. In each of these women, the CPs felt that they all have the qualities to be Queen, to help and support them in their future path as Kings.

A picture never lies, and you only have to see in the millions of pictures taken of Felipe and Letizia , Frederik and Mary, Hakkon and MM, Phillipe and Mathilda etc.. that they all married for love and felt truely bless to have found a woman to whom they could share the unique path of life they have to walk.

I think gone are the days when princes marry for convenience or to someone who is 'suited' for the job and not be in love with them.

http://academiatv.es/miembros/miembros.htm

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva]SAR [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano [/font][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nacida en Oviedo el 15 de septiembre de 1972. Licenciada en Ciencias de la Información, rama Periodismo, por la Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Master de Periodismo Audiovisual por el Instituto de Estudios de Periodismo Audiovisual. Ingresó como miembro de número en la Academia de las Ciencias y las Artes de Televisión el 29 de septiembre de 2003. En la temporada televisiva 2003/04 presentó junto a Alfredo Urdaci la segunda edición del Telediario, labor que dejó tras hacerse público el 1 de noviembre de 2003 su compromiso matrimonial con SAR Felipe de Borbón. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]El 22 de mayo de 2004 contrajo matrimonio en Madrid con el Heredero de la Corona y se convirtió en Princesa de Asturias. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trayectoria profesional [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ha trabajado desde muy joven en varios medios de comunicación, entre ellos el diario asturiano La Nueva España, el periódico ABC y la Agencia EFE, donde realizó labores de edición en la sección de internacional durante el último año de sus estudios universitarios. Galardonada por la Asociación de la Prensa de Madrid con el Premio Larra a la mejor profesional menor de 30 años.

En televisión ha trabajado en la sede española de la cadena estadounidense Bloomberg TV. Además, ha sido presentadora, redactora y reportera de CNN +. En 2000 se incorporó a TVE. En la cadena pública comenzó a trabajar en el equipo de Telediario Segunda Edición y se hizo cargo de las labores de presentación del emblemático Infome semanal. Posteriormente condujo el Telediario Matinal y los especiales sobre la llegada del euro. Ha sido enviada especial de TVE a diferentes puntos del mundo para informar sobre acontecimientos de actualidad, como la guerra de Irak, los atentados del 11-S o la crisis del Prestige en nuestro país.

En junio de 2003 participó en la ceremonia de los V Premios de la Academia de Televisión para entregar el galardón a la Mejor presentadora de informativos. [/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
rchainho said:
http://academiatv.es/miembros/miembros.htm

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva]SAR [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano [/font][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nacida en Oviedo el 15 de septiembre de 1972. Licenciada en Ciencias de la Información, rama Periodismo, por la Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Master de Periodismo Audiovisual por el Instituto de Estudios de Periodismo Audiovisual. Ingresó como miembro de número en la Academia de las Ciencias y las Artes de Televisión el 29 de septiembre de 2003. En la temporada televisiva 2003/04 presentó junto a Alfredo Urdaci la segunda edición del Telediario, labor que dejó tras hacerse público el 1 de noviembre de 2003 su compromiso matrimonial con SAR Felipe de Borbón. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]El 22 de mayo de 2004 contrajo matrimonio en Madrid con el Heredero de la Corona y se convirtió en Princesa de Asturias. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trayectoria profesional [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ha trabajado desde muy joven en varios medios de comunicación, entre ellos el diario asturiano La Nueva España, el periódico ABC y la Agencia EFE, donde realizó labores de edición en la sección de internacional durante el último año de sus estudios universitarios. Galardonada por la Asociación de la Prensa de Madrid con el Premio Larra a la mejor profesional menor de 30 años.

En televisión ha trabajado en la sede española de la cadena estadounidense Bloomberg TV. Además, ha sido presentadora, redactora y reportera de CNN +. En 2000 se incorporó a TVE. En la cadena pública comenzó a trabajar en el equipo de Telediario Segunda Edición y se hizo cargo de las labores de presentación del emblemático Infome semanal. Posteriormente condujo el Telediario Matinal y los especiales sobre la llegada del euro. Ha sido enviada especial de TVE a diferentes puntos del mundo para informar sobre acontecimientos de actualidad, como la guerra de Irak, los atentados del 11-S o la crisis del Prestige en nuestro país.

En junio de 2003 participó en la ceremonia de los V Premios de la Academia de Televisión para entregar el galardón a la Mejor presentadora de informativos. [/font]

can u summarize the article in english for us? thankz in advance!!!!

pictures can lie
anyway...i totally don't think these ppl married for convenience.

i don't know if they married for love or not. but i would be more inclined to say they didn t really... or perhaps they liked themselves but that s all. mere atraction that won t last for long. it has been said how ambitious letizia is and that s quite suspicious...
anyway... time will tell us, perhaps i m wrong. but i don t really "put my hand in the fire" (as we say here) for this love...

by the way... a bit offtopic now but there are quite serious and reiterative rumours of letizia being pregnant. she was going a lot to ruber hospital, the royal house doesn t confirm or not confirm the pregnancy and they just say to wait for the official communicate (which is suspicious)..

carlota said:
she was going a lot to ruber hospital, the royal house doesn t confirm or not confirm the pregnancy and they just say to wait for the official communicate (which is suspicious)..
They said the Princes went to the hospital to treat Felipe's sinusitis, others say she went there to visit someone else... I hope we're all right ;)

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=198332

The names of Felipe and Letizia were yesterday the most mentioned by media. The reason was the spiral of rumours about the princess' pregnancy, and the fact that La Zarzuela is soon going to announce it.

Some commentators even pointed the expected announcement could happen tomorrow, the Mother's Day. Nevertheless, the services of La Zarzuela (which would be necessary to do such an announcement) had yesterday predicted to go away during the weekend. The spokesmen of the Royal House neither denied, nor confirmed anything yesterday: "When the occasion arrives, the pertinent official notice will come".

La Zarzuela announces the pregnancies after three months of gestation, once surpassed the most delicate period.

Last edited:
carlota said:
i don't know if they married for love or not. but i would be more inclined to say they didn t really... or perhaps they liked themselves but that s all. mere atraction that won t last for long. it has been said how ambitious letizia is and that s quite suspicious...
anyway... time will tell us, perhaps i m wrong. but i don t really "put my hand in the fire" (as we say here) for this love...

You make ambition sound like something satanic or dirty. What's wrong with having some or even lots of ambition? Ambition can propel one to do many good things like working harder and longer hours, having determination to follow through with things, doing things that others may not want to do or like to do, setting goals for yourself, never giving up until you've reached a goal, having (often high) standards that you set for yourself and even others.

It could be considered a real asset that Letizia is an ambitious woman. Such ambition could be put towards great use for Spain and the monarchy. Wouldn't Spain rather have a princess who is dedicated to her role rather than someone who just wants to dress up in pretty smocks and pose for pictures in Zarzuela Palace or sip tea while servants cater to her every whim?

A less ambitious person might not have kept up the tireless schedule Letizia has this last year.

So what is so "quite suspicious" about Letizia's ambition?

In Letizia's case, if she only married Felipe so that one day she could be Queen of Spain and all the clout it holds (not even any power, just status), then I think she's sacrificed and lost a lot more for her ambitions then she'll ever gain. She has not subjected and committed herself to life long scrutiny of all of her actions, her physical appearances, her every bink, not to mention the media on uterus watch to see if and when the next heir to the throne will arrive.

If she had not married Felipe and stayed a journalist and worked her way up the ladder at her news station, she would've likely had more power and much less public scrutiny.

If she only married him for the title, then her sacrifice wasn't so much as "quite suspicious" than simply sad.

Australis said:
Honestly I do not believe these people marry for love. They marry looking for what is convinient for their business.

Some very "convenient" choices these royals have made then:
* A single, unwed mother without a college or university degree (Norway)
* A woman whose father was responsible for a government that allowed mass murders (Holland)
* A divorcee who was marrying into a predominantly conservative and Catholic country (Spain)
* A divorcee who had an affair with her now husband for more than 30 years (England)

I am 100% certain that for Haakon, Willem-Alexander, Felipe, and Charles there were at least 50 better women for them to marry than the women they did choose. Each of these men could've saved themselves a lot of headaches if they had married other women then the ones they ultimately chose.

These men were also groomed from birth for their roles. They all seem to take their roles very seriously. I doubt that they would've given up their roles so quickly, and jeopardized their family's roles when they told their families that they would've renounced their rights to the throne if they could not marry their respective loves.

Cissan said:
IMO a relationship that leads to a marriage after 1 and a half years acquaintance is a whirlwind.

Is there some relationship standards test that I am unaware of?

One has to know each other X number of years before they should get married so that their relationship can be considered a strong relationship?

How many years do you have to date someone before it is considered not a whirlwind?

Historically, Felipe and Letizia's relationship length was typical of royal courtships. Most couples do not date for five or six years before getting engaged like Frederik and Mary.

Genevieve said:
Is there some relationship standards test that I am unaware of?

One has to know each other X number of years before they should get married so that their relationship can be considered a strong relationship?

How many years do you have to date someone before it is considered not a whirlwind?

Historically, Felipe and Letizia's relationship length was typical of royal courtships. Most couples do not date for five or six years before getting engaged like Frederik and Mary.

No there aren't any relationship standards . If there were I would not have started the sentence "IMO..." :p

However, I would never want to marry someone I had only known for a little more than a year, even if he was the CP of Spain. I don't know if they lived together for that year at least, if they did it could help a little. Otherwise I think it's hard to get to know eachother in such a short period of time.

It is possible that Felipe and Letizia's relationship's lenght was typical historically. However, historically I don't think that Felipe would have been allowed to marry someone like Letizia and therefore I don't think that historical comparisons are very relevant...

But hey, these are just my opinions and maybe it's possible that I would be willing to give up my beliefs and marry so soon in the relationship (as Letizia did) if I hade the opportunity to become the princess of Asturias... :p

Cissan said:
But hey, these are just my opinions and maybe it's possible that I would be willing to give up my beliefs and marry so soon in the relationship (as Letizia did) if I hade the opportunity to become the princess of Asturias... :p
Or if we had the opportunity to marry nothing less than a handsome, charming, elegant, kind, respectfull, cultured man like Felipe (the one who has the looks of James Bond, according to American Esquire)... :p

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=202124&postcount=108

I was wondering, how old was Letizia when her parents got divorced?

I think they divorced right after her graduation from either high school or college. I think it was college. I assume she was about 21 or 22.

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20050503130920&tabID=1

The Princess of Asturias accepted the Honour Chair of the XXI edition of the Journalism Awards Cirilo Rodriguez for Spanish correspondents abroad, organized by the Press Association of Segovia. The winner will be announced during a gala dinner, on June 3rd. However, the secretary of the Prince of Asturias cabinet, Jaime Alfonsin, communicated the organizers that it will not be possible to count on the presence of Doña Letizia Ortiz on that gala, since the Princes will make an official trip abroad by that date. Nevertheless, the Princes of Asturias will receive a representation of the jury and the awarded journalist in a posterior date.

Genevieve said:
You make ambition sound like something satanic or dirty. What's wrong with having some or even lots of ambition? Ambition can propel one to do many good things like working harder and longer hours, having determination to follow through with things, doing things that others may not want to do or like to do, setting goals for yourself, never giving up until you've reached a goal, having (often high) standards that you set for yourself and even others.

It could be considered a real asset that Letizia is an ambitious woman. Such ambition could be put towards great use for Spain and the monarchy. Wouldn't Spain rather have a princess who is dedicated to her role rather than someone who just wants to dress up in pretty smocks and pose for pictures in Zarzuela Palace or sip tea while servants cater to her every whim?

A less ambitious person might not have kept up the tireless schedule Letizia has this last year.

So what is so "quite suspicious" about Letizia's ambition?

In Letizia's case, if she only married Felipe so that one day she could be Queen of Spain and all the clout it holds (not even any power, just status), then I think she's sacrificed and lost a lot more for her ambitions then she'll ever gain. She has not subjected and committed herself to life long scrutiny of all of her actions, her physical appearances, her every bink, not to mention the media on uterus watch to see if and when the next heir to the throne will arrive.

If she had not married Felipe and stayed a journalist and worked her way up the ladder at her news station, she would've likely had more power and much less public scrutiny.

If she only married him for the title, then her sacrifice wasn't so much as "quite suspicious" than simply sad.

i have nothing against ambitous people. i think its really good wanting to do things better and better each time, but that type of characther (and i don't think anyone will disagree with me at this point) can be judged in anoher very different and dirty way as you describe it. i mean... melania knauss (maried d. trump, billionaire, with nothing more than power and money), kevin frederline (married britney spears, dont know because of what but he seems to like posing for vogue and being seen with britney) and others lots of famous people can be considered ambitious and that s not because of their harder and better work each time.

also... you are saying that: letizia has a tireless schedule, She will be subjected to a "long scrutiny of all of her actions, her physical appearances, her every bink", and stressed by the fact giving birth to a heir. however, you are not saying anything of the many more nice and pleasant things being a princess has. i don't think many of the princesses by marriage will change her current status for being again unknown people. being princess has loads of great things that you are not mentioning, you are just mentioning the worst and more unpleasant part of it.

just another little appointment. their schedule is not as bad and tiring as you are saying. me and some friends were counting the acts they were in during the year. you can have a look in their forum. ill post it just now. :)

(by the way... this is not starting a discussion, so please don't come up now with a long term pointless discussion, this is just my humble opinion...)

Last edited:
That sounds for an interesting event. I'm sure it will be great. Thanks for the info!

carlota said:
(by the way... this is not starting a discussion, so please don't come up now with a long term pointless discussion, this is just my humble opinion...)

Last time I checked this was a discussion forum. So long as you make posts on this forum, I and everyone else are free to discuss your points as we see fit. If you don't care for "starting a discussion" then why post here at all? Or why consider this discussion a "long term pointless discussion" if you keep engaging in it? I don't see the moderators here saying "don't discuss" so why would you, a regular member just like me, say in your own post "don't discuss?"

You're humble opinon or not, if you share it, then others are free to comment on it, including me.

So, "by the way" my opinon matters here as much as yours and if I want to carry on the "long term pointless discussion" then I will.

carlota said:
i have nothing against ambitous people. i think its really good wanting to do things better and better each time, but that type of characther (and i don't think anyone will disagree with me at this point) can be judged in anoher very different and dirty way as you describe it. i mean... melania knauss (maried d. trump, billionaire, with nothing more than power and money), kevin frederline (married britney spears, dont know because of what but he seems to like posing for vogue and being seen with britney)

Unless you've personally talked to Melania and Kevin and they told you themselves that they only married Donald and Brittany for the power and money or so that they could be famous, these notions are pure speculation on your part. One can never know the true intentions of another individual.

carlota said:
and others lots of famous people can be considered ambitious and that s not because of their harder and better work each time.

While that is one side of ambition, it is not the only side. In Letizia's case it is hardly the case. Whatever you think of Letizia, whether you like her or not, she does work hard and does have a strong work ethic. She did while she was a journalist and she does not as the Princess of Asturias.

carlota said:
also... you are saying that: letizia has a tireless schedule, She will be subjected to a "long scrutiny of all of her actions, her physical appearances, her every bink", and stressed by the fact giving birth to a heir. however, you are not saying anything of the many more nice and pleasant things being a princess has. i don't think many of the princesses by marriage will change her current status for being again unknown people. being princess has loads of great things that you are not mentioning, you are just mentioning the worst and more unpleasant part of it.

I am not denying that Letizia has some nice perks as the Princess of Asturias. Given the choice of living in a nice palace, tiaras and dripping jewels at my disposal to wear, and nice clothes or a life under the watchful eye of the media and the public, I would certainly not choose the first option. Some people might, but others might not. What is considered a "perk" to some is not such a "perk" to others.

carlota said:
just another little appointment. their schedule is not as bad and tiring as you are saying. me and some friends were counting the acts they were in during the year. you can have a look in their forum. ill post it just now. :)

I wouldn't really trust the counting done by you and your friends. You are obviously biased when it comes to Letizia so no doubt you'd short change her in the count. I'll wait for an official count from someone more reputable, like a proper accounting firm, thank you very much.

Cissan said:
However, I would never want to marry someone I had only known for a little more than a year, even if he was the CP of Spain.

Felipe is not titled as the CP of Spain. He is the Prince of Asturias. He is not the Crown Prince of Spain.

That is fine for you if you would not feel comfortable marrying someone you had only know for only a year or so. But that doesn't mean that it isn't okay for Felipe and Letizia. So long as they are the two in the relationship and they are the ones who committed themselves before God, then only they can know how strong their relationship is and if marriage is/was a suitable decision for them.

Furthermore, I think Felipe particularly would be more cautious in his choice of bride. As the future King of Spain, he knew very well the responsibilities and the heavy burden of choosing a suitable wife, not only for himself but for his country. He seems to be an intelligent individual; he would not have proposed to any woman without considering all the ramifications and consequences, or if he did not feel that he truly loved Letizia or that Letizia loved him.

Cissan said:
I don't know if they lived together for that year at least, if they did it could help a little. Otherwise I think it's hard to get to know eachother in such a short period of time.

Statistics say that couples who live together before marriage do not necessarily have a better chance of making their marriage last. So whether Felipe and Letizia lived together before their wedding would be a null factor.

Cissan said:
It is possible that Felipe and Letizia's relationship's lenght was typical historically. However, historically I don't think that Felipe would have been allowed to marry someone like Letizia and therefore I don't think that historical comparisons are very relevant...

That is like comparing apples and oranges. The length of Felipe and Letizia's relationship was typical of most royal courtships. That Letizia is an untypical choice of bride has nothing to do with the length of their relationship. If you want to discuss the "typicalness" of choices of brides, then many of the present Crown Princesses would be untypical choices too: Maxima (non-royal, father with scandalous past); Mette-Marit (non-royal, no university degree, single mother, self-admitted partyer); Mary (non-royal, lived with a man during a previous relationship).

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia155.htm

Here’s an interview with Lorenzo Caprile, one of Letizia’s favourite designers, where he speaks about the Princess of Asturias, among other things. I just translated the passages related to her:

- Why did Letizia Ortiz choose you to design her gala outfits?
- I believe she went to my factory, because she herd about me in her closest circle. Her two sisters-in-law know me and my work very well. They know that I am very discreet and that Doña Letizia was going to be safe in my atelier, that there would not be any type of indiscretion.

- Which of Letizia's outfits took more time to make?
- The grey model she wore in her pre-wedding gala. It is the most complicated gown, technically speaking.

- And of which of all do you feel prouder?
- The one that I like the most is the one of the Vatican. There was a strict protocol: it should be a long dress, with long sleeves, without decollete, with mantilla... With so many restrictions it was obtained a very pretty result. In many surveys, it has also been the most voted of all.

- Does anyone give approval to the dresses she wears?
- Only she does. She attends the proofs alone, and, as any other of my clients, she’s the one who has in mind if we should go this or that way. We have made very different things and all of them were approved.

- What do you like the most about the Princess of Asturias?
- The glance, because it’s a very strong one.

- Now she seems thinner.
- When someone is thin, with a small and fragile constitution, one or two kilos above or down is immediately noticed, but she continues wearing nr. 38.

Last edited:
Genevieve said:

I thought Maxima and WA had been dating for about 4 (?) years when they got married. So not everybody makes the decision to marry after less than a year of dating. :)

Elsa M. said:
http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia155.htm

Here’s an interview with Lorenzo Caprile, one of Letizia’s favourite designers, where he speaks about the Princess of Asturias, among other things. I just translated the passages related to her:

- Why did Letizia Ortiz choose you to design her gala outfits?
- I believe she went to my factory, because she herd about me in her closest circle. Her two sisters-in-law know me and my work very well. They know that I am very discreet and that Doña Letizia was going to be safe in my atelier, that there would not be any type of indiscretion.

- Which of Letizia's outfits took more time to make?
- The grey model she wore in her pre-wedding gala. It is the most complicated gown, technically speaking.

- And of which of all do you feel prouder?
- The one that I like the most is the one of the Vatican. There was a strict protocol: it should be a long dress, with long sleeves, without decollete, with mantilla... With so many restrictions it was obtained a very pretty result. In many surveys, it has also been the most voted of all.

- Does anyone give approval to the dresses she wears?
- Only she does. She attends the proofs alone, and, as any other of my clients, she’s the one who has in mind if we should go this or that way. We have made very different things and all of them were approved.

- What do you like the most about the Princess of Asturias?
- The glance, because it’s a very strong one.

- Now she seems thinner.
- When someone is thin, with a small and fragile constitution, one or two kilos above or down is immediately noticed, but she continues wearing nr. 38.

Thanks Elsa! It was interesting to hear what he has to say as I love the dresses he has made for her. Also who better to comment on her weight than the person who makes her clothes.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom