Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today in a spanish newspaper continue with the rumours that she get pregant in Valencia from a clinic.

INSISTENTE RUMOR

¿Doña Letizia tiene problemas para quedarse embarazada?
pixeltransp.gif

Jaime Peñafiel, en base a una "anónima fuente", dijo en el programa de María Teresa Campos que Doña Letizia estaría bajo un tratamiento de fertilidad. La Casa Real lo desmintió.

22 de diciembre. La semana pasada, un rumor se extendió como la pólvora en los círculos periodísticos. Letizia Ortiz podría estar sometiéndose a un tratamiento de fertilidad para conseguir el tan ansiado embarazo.

La noticia, como no podía ser de otra manera, adquirió notoriedad por obra y gracia de Jaime Peñafiel. El veterano cronista reveló la información en el programa Cada Día.

Al día siguiente, algún funcionario de la Casa Real llamó a Antena 3 para desmentir con rotundidad las afirmaciones que Peñafiel había vertido ante una sorprendida María Teresa Campos. Sin embargo, la polémica ya estaba servida. Y es que no sólo Jaime Peñafiel ha tenido el placer de hablar con la "persona" que asegura que Doña Letizia Ortiz no puede concebir hijos y por eso recurre a la ciencia.

Esta "persona" ha departido con media profesión periodística. En realidad, sería extraño que, a día de hoy, quedara algún reportero –conocido o menos conocido-- con el que la "anónima fuente", no se hubiera puesto en contacto.

Las informaciones que ofrece esta "persona" apuntan a que Letizia Ortiz se ha puesto en manos de un reputado profesional del Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad. Un doctor que no hace demasiado tiempo recibió El Premio Rey Jaime I, de manos de los príncipes de Asturias.

La "anónima fuente" asegura que este reconocido profesional conoce a la esposa de Don Felipe desde hace varios años, y por ende, sabe de sus problemas para quedarse embarazada. Sin embargo, los avances científicos parece que ya han hecho posible que la princesa de Asturias cumpla con su obligación de dar un heredero a la corona. Y así, la "anónima fuente" sitúa el 15 y 16 de diciembre, como días clave en los que Letizia Ortiz alcanzó sus objetivos maternales.

Lo más divertido de todo este asunto es que la "anónima fuente" actúa movida por la venganza, pero no contra la princesa de Asturias, sino contra una tercera persona que está implicada en esta historia que la Casa Real desmiente con rotundidad.

Es una historia tan vieja como el mundo. Pero a alguien puede costarle muy cara su afición por las mujeres del otro lado del atlántico, de voz melosa y maneras dulces.

A pesar de que entre los periodistas, la "anónima fuente" ha sido catalogada como una persona loca de atar, existe un profesional de la información que ya ha hecho sus intentos por invitarla a una cena íntima. Y todo con la excusa de escribir un libro que plasme las vivencias de tan singular personaje que –según parece-- tanto sabe de la Princesa de Asturias. Sin embargo, es más que posible que a este reputado periodista sólo le mueva el interés por saber más, y lo del libro sea una estratagema para saciar su curiosidad.

En fin, no se puede afirmar con rotundidad que el testimonio de esta "anónima fuente" no se eleve a la categoría de público. Algunos andan muy interesados por desvelar la historia. Como decía aquel, todo es cuestión de ponerse de acuerdo en el precio.

What is the newspaper from which you took this?

thank you for the photos in the last thread
i will see if i can make some new fanart with some of them

Elsa M. said:
What is the newspaper from which you took this?
I saw this article too. It's an online newspaper. It's mostly opinion pieces.

This article is more about what a crazy person the "source" for this story is. La Vanguardia (one of Spain's most respected newspapers) has an article that also describes the woman as a less than stable and less than credible source--she has appently emailed every reporter with an email address and continues to do so although the Royal House contacted the television station that first started the rumour to say it was false and the clinic has publically said it is false that they are treating her.

According to La Vanguardia while the Prince and Princess are trying to simply ignore all the rumours, the King is pretty pissed about this latest rumour because of the "lightness and impunity" with which it was started and with which it has spread. According to this same article, Felipe and Letizia had decided to let themselves settle into their new life together before having children.
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20041219/51172215496.html

Rumours come in all shapes and sizes. Another article I read by another of Spain's professional gossips said that Letizia was in fact pregnant over the summer when all the rumours were flying, but she had a miscarriage.

I think the best thing is just to ignore rumours. Just a few months back Mary was suppossed to be pregnant--turns out she was having a gall stone removed.

Last edited:
lucys said:
According to La Vanguardia while the Prince and Princess are trying to simply ignore all the rumours, the King is pretty pissed about this latest rumour because of the "lightness and impunity" with which it was started and with which it has spread. According to this same article, Felipe and Letizia had decided to let themselves settle into their new life together before having children.
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20041219/51172215496.html

Rumours come in all shapes and sizes. Another article I read by another of Spain's professional gossips said that Letizia was in fact pregnant over the summer when all the rumours were flying, but she had a miscarriage.

I think the best thing is just to ignore rumours. Just a few months back Mary was suppossed to be pregnant--turns out she was having a gall stone removed.
I agree whole heartedly lucys.

Pregnancy rumours about the various princesses are a dime a dozen. Just because it is in black and white print somewhere doesn't make such stories true. As a writer I can tell you that just because I write something and it prints in a publication doesn't make it more true or even credible than if someone merely whispered the same thing in your ear.

I applaud Felipe and Letizia for taking a higher road on this matter and accepting that (unfortunately) until they have a first child (followed by rumours for second and third and fourth children!) such rumours will always swirl around the couple.

But I'm with the King on this one; I'd be mighty pissed if I heard these rumours about myself or about someone I loved, too. They are not only misleading and deceiving, they are downright hurtful. Such a strain and such pressure can make conceiving more difficult or even making it through those first three fragile months more difficult. And to be so flippant as to construe various stories about pregnancies, miscarriages, infertility and what not -- matters which are very emotionally difficult if you've endured them yourself -- are extremely personal and private matters, and insensitive to say the least.

the last pictures that were posted were really nice.I noticed that when she was still a reporter she used to wear abit more color on her face, but now she most of the time looks pale and plain.

lucys said:
I totally agree with you.

Thanks for the information, Raquel and Lucys!

i think everyone should avoid listning the newspapers and gossip magazines.If Letizia is/future be pregnant they will officially announce it and thats when to belive the news.

Letizia's style in votacion (La Vanguardia)

El estilo de una princesa
Los vestidos y los complementos de doña Letizia, a votación
LA VANGUARDIA - 23/12/2004
BARCELONA | REDACCIÓN

Letizia Ortiz se ha convertido en el personaje del año y en el centro de atención desde su boda con el príncipe Felipe el pasado 22 de mayo. Sus atuendos, sus gestos y cada detalle de su vida pública e incluso de la privada son analizados al milímetro. La revista ¡Hola! publica hoy el resultado de una encuesta en la que se ha puesto a votación el estilismo de la princesa de Asturias, tanto en sus actos oficiales como en los más informales.

El look ganador ha resultado ser el de su presentación internacional como prometida del Príncipe. Los dos trajes que le diseñó Lorenzo Caprile para asistir en Copenhague a la boda de Federico de Dinamarca y Mary Donaldson han resultado los preferidos de los lectores. El primer lugar no es, sin embargo, para el impactante traje rojo, sino para el conjunto de corpiño estampado en flores con falda color guinda. La princesa Letizia estaba espectacular con el traje rojo, pero los votantes juzgan que quizá lo estaba demasiado. El modelo del corpiño ha obtenido un consenso más amplio, ya que con él doña Letizia consiguió estar guapa y regia al mismo tiempo.

En modelo de acto oficial ha ganado un traje de chaqueta de falda blanca y chaqueta color lavanda. La mayoría de los trajes que luce doña Letizia son obra de Felipe Valera, quien ya transformó en princesas por un día a la madre y las hermanas de Letizia Ortiz, a quienes vistió para la boda real.

El atuendo informal preferido por los votantes ha resultado ser el de tejanos y cazadora de cuero. Con esa indumentaria paseó por Barcelona durante su estancia el pasado mes de noviembre y también cuando acompañó a don Felipe en un recorrido nostálgico por el campus de Georgetown, en Washington.En el apartado de los complementos, el preferido de los votantes ha sido el de las gafas de sol. También los peinados han sido sometidos a debate, resultando ganador el recogido con bucles que la princesa Letizia lució en la entrega de los premios Príncipe de Asturias.

The clothes that she wore in madrid last days were not like the one, she wore in HOLA magazine?

lucys said:
I saw this article too. It's an online newspaper. It's mostly opinion pieces.

This article is more about what a crazy person the "source" for this story is. La Vanguardia (one of Spain's most respected newspapers) has an article that also describes the woman as a less than stable and less than credible source--she has appently emailed every reporter with an email address and continues to do so although the Royal House contacted the television station that first started the rumour to say it was false and the clinic has publically said it is false that they are treating her.
who's this woman the article is talking about?unfortunatly I dont know spanish

Letizia as next to the king when he read the Xmas message in tv.

La princesa Letizia vuelve al plató
LA VANGUARDIA - 25/12/2004

La princesa de Asturias no sólo estuvo presente en la grabación del discurso navideño del Rey, sino que, sin poder olvidar su experiencia como profesional del medio televisivo, estuvo todo el tiempo pendiente de que don Juan Carlos se encontrara cómodo con las cámaras y con la lectura del discurso cuyo texto iba apareciendo en el autocue,el sistema que siguen los presentadores del Telediario y cuya técnica domina la princesa.

Doña Letizia, acompañada del príncipe Felipe, no sólo estuvo físicamente presente en el plató montado en la sala de audiencias del palacio de la Zarzuela, sino también en la foto que se colocó en la mesa auxiliar situada a la derecha de don Juan Carlos. En la imagen puede verse a los Reyes junto a los Príncipes de Asturias el día de la boda de éstos. También a la derecha, el lado de honor, se situó la bandera de España. Como fondo se utilizó un tapiz perteneciente al Patrimonio Nacional y a la izquierda del Monarca se colocó un belén compuesto por figuras antiguas. Este año, el tradicional el árbol de Navidad, adornado con bolas, que ha servido de decoración otros años, se sustituyó por una poinsettia, la tradicional flor de Pascua.

Attachments

• zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,208
  • zc5.JPG
    zc5.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,452
  • zc6.JPG
    zc6.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 683
  • zc7.JPG
    zc7.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 393
  • zc11.JPG
    zc11.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 502
  • zc16.JPG
    zc16.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,460
  • zc20.jpg
    zc20.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3,402
  • zc26.JPG
    zc26.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,028
  • zc29.JPG
    zc29.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 593
  • zc18.JPG
    zc18.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
I agree that the dress was glamorous, but I thought it was inappropriate for a wedding. The color was too loud and could have easily eclipsed the bride herself because of the color. It looked great on Letizia, I agree, but again, maybe something toned down for a wedding, next time?

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I agree that the dress was glamorous, but I thought it was inappropriate for a wedding. The color was too loud and could have easily eclipsed the bride herself because of the color. It looked great on Letizia, I agree, but again, maybe something toned down for a wedding, next time?
Lots of other women at the wedding wore just as brighter colours as Letizia, and styles that were much less modest and flashy, so I don't think it's fair to say that the colour of Letizia's gown eclipsed the bride.

We saw Princess Theodora also in red, Princess Alexandra in shimmery fuschia pink, Queen Margrethe and Infanta Elena in fuschia pink as well, Princess Benedikte in shimmery lime green, Crown Princess Victoria in bright yellow, and many other examples of bright, eye catching colours, so why specifically pick on Letizia and the colour of her dress?

It was Mary's day, and between her dress and her tiara and Frederik's tears, no one could have stolen the limelight away from Mary.

Last edited:
I never said that the other princesses wearing the loud colors weren't inappropriate in my taste. I specifically talked about Letizia because this was her thread. I didn't like Theodora, Benedikte, Elena, Margarethe, and Alexandra's choices in color.

I didn't say she eclipsed Mary; no one could have eclipsed her on her own wedding day, all I said was that it "could have". Maybe it's because I just don't like Letizia, period, but to me, the choice of the color wasn't something that should have been worn at a wedding. Color is fine, but 'bright' is something that I am a little wary of.

i agree with eclipsing but not because of colour but because of a rather indecently accentuated bust. perhaps one should speak of "sticking out" rather than exclipsing among the usually decently and modestly dressed royal ladies. indeed, it is the colour that can make a royal evening gown stick out, not the amount of flesh of bust shown...i read in the interview with mary's dress designer that he also was surprised about the body-conscious appearance of the future spanish crown princess.

facit: colour: YES!!!! figure-hugging gowns: NO!!!

Paloma Rocasolano, mother of Princess Letizia, accompanied her parents to a medical center, for her mother´s checkup.
Francisco Rocasolano and wife Enriqueta Rodriguez spent the Christmas holidays in Madrid next to their daughter, the Princes and all the Royal Family.

Attachments

• sem título1.JPG
    sem título1.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 385
  • sem título2.JPG
    sem título2.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 329
  • sem título3.JPG
    sem título3.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 287
  • sem título4.JPG
    sem título4.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 392
  • sem título5.JPG
    sem título5.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 344
Moonlightrhapsody said:
I never said that the other princesses wearing the loud colors weren't inappropriate in my taste. I specifically talked about Letizia because this was her thread. I didn't like Theodora, Benedikte, Elena, Margarethe, and Alexandra's choices in color.

I didn't say she eclipsed Mary; no one could have eclipsed her on her own wedding day, all I said was that it "could have". Maybe it's because I just don't like Letizia, period, but to me, the choice of the color wasn't something that should have been worn at a wedding. Color is fine, but 'bright' is something that I am a little wary of.
I agree, it was a great dress just the wrong function.

susanstotz said:
thought she looked very elegant and very spanish, at its best

and because being the excact opposite of the bride she obviously did not try to compete with her

and because of her being very slender she can wear something very figure-hugging without looking vulgar.

Besides she was not married yet and I assume she would listen to the advice of her future mother in law (and probably stilll does) and would never wear anything even slightly unappropriate at such an important event.
My thoughts exactly, this was Letizia's debut in the royal scene, they would never let her use something that was inappropriate for the occasion.

karolinabraganza said:
agree with eclipsing but not because of colour but because of a rather indecently accentuated bust. perhaps one should speak of "sticking out" rather than exclipsing among the usually decently and modestly dressed royal ladies. indeed, it is the colour that can make a royal evening gown stick out, not the amount of flesh of bust shown
I guess its pretty out of proportion here to mention that Letizia supposedly was "overshowing flesh" and not decently dressed. The dress's cleavage was, in my opinion, demure. If you take a closer look at Mary's wedding gown, you'll notice that the bride was showing the same amount or even more flesh than Letizia in her cleavage.

susanstotz said:
Besides she was not married yet and I assume she would listen to the advice of her future mother in law (and probably stilll does) and would never wear anything even slightly unappropriate at such an important event.
I absolutely agree with you and Letizia carried it with much dignity and elegance... and it was surely much more appropriate, than the one Madeleine wore at the most official night in Sweden... :D

Attachments

• sem título.JPG
    sem título.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
From Que Me Dices (in Spanish): http://www.quemedices.wanadoo.es/reportajes/2534_1.html

Princess Letizia wants to get back to work
Don Felipe's wife, wishing an independent schedule, could get back to work with something related to her previous career in journalism.

It has always been said that she's a journalist with guts, independent, cultured and hard working.

Because of that, Letizia, only seven months after becoming the Princess of Asturias, could get back to work.

She would be away from the cameras, but it's speculated that there is the possibility of her accepting the Honor Presidence of some official office related with journalism.

With that, Don Felipe's wife would have her own schedule and would be able to attend events by herself.

Until now, her schedule is tied to the prince's

'A journalist with guts'

Without any doubts, she feels much more confident now and enjoy her new role as future queen of Spain, according to some of her friends at El Mundo.

Letizia has always stood out because of her working capacity, first at the American network Bloomberg and later at CNN Plus.

An ambitious professional, in 2000, she started working in Televisión Española, where she presented the Telediario Segunda Edición together with Alfredo Urdaci and the Informe Semanal.

She has also presented the Telediario Matinal, the special features about the euro and was a correspondant in several countries.

1. With 32, the Princess of Asturias has become the greatest support to her husband.

2. Together with Urdaci, presenting an informativo

Attachments

• letizia.jpg
    letizia.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,045
  • letizia2.jpg
    letizia2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 448
although in german and despite the nastiness of the subject, enjoy this article in a typically german fashion, but almost funny...:)

www.bunte.de writes:
Ist Spanien nicht das fröhliche Land der Sonnenstrände, des "Olé!" und des Flamencos? Und Holland das Land der melancholischen Windmühlen, des Käses ohne Löcher und der Zigarre rauchenden Frauen? Mag sein, aber aktuell ist Spanien das Land einer zunehmend genervten Prinzessin Letizia (32), die wie eine in den Palast transportierte Legehenne Nachwuchs produzieren soll. Und Holland ist das Land der drallen Máxima (33), die ständig lacht und allmählich so aussieht, als sei sie die Tochter ihrer Schwiegermutter, Königin Beatrix, und die Schwester ihres Mannes, Thronfolger Willem Alexander. Und die problemlos die nächste Königin, eine Buddha-Tochter namens Amalia, geboren hat – und nun schon wieder schwanger ist bis Juli 2005.
"Wo bleibt denn der Nachwuchs?"
Etwas über sieben Monate ist Letizia mit dem schönen Felipe (36) verheiratet, aber wo immer sie auftritt, ertönt es aus dem Volk: "Wo bleibt denn der Nachwuchs?" Immer und immer wieder. Von Cadiz bis Bilbao. Das nervt die einst so hartgesottene Nachrichtenjournalistin beim spanischen Staatsfernsehen TVE. Kürzlich erschien sogar eine verletzende Karikatur in einer Madrider Zeitung: König Juan Carlos sitzt auf einem Baum vor dem Schlafzimmer des Paares, hält ein Schild hoch – und darauf steht: "Felipe, du schaffst es!"
Spaniens Monarchisten machen sich große Sorgen
Letizia lässt das nicht kalt, "kein Wunder, dass sie angespannt und gestresst wirkt", wie die Zeitung "El Periodico" schrieb. Deren Kommentator schimpfte: "Wie kann man eine so intime Angelegenheit wie die Empfängnis derart zu einem öffentlichen Thema machen? Erbfolge hin, Erbfolge her." Aber selbst königstreue Blätter wie "ABC", eine Art spanische FAZ, verklausulieren bereits leichte Vorwürfe: "Spaniens Monarchisten machen sich große Sorgen." Um sich die Hoffnung zu erhalten – und Letizia auf albernste Weise zu ermutigen –, kolportieren die Spanier ständig Schwangerschaften. Dass Letizia aber eher klapprig dünn geworden ist durch ihre unglückliche Situation, wird dagegen kaum beachtet. Als wenn's das traurige Beispiel Diana nie gegeben hätte.
Máxima: Ein Brüderchen oder Schwesterchen für Amalia
Nichts von alledem bei Máxima. Die 33-Jährige, und mit ihr der ganze Hof, konnten sich jetzt sogar einen nie dagewesenen Scherz erlauben. Denn die offizielle Bestätigung ihrer erneuten Schwangerschaft verkündete dem niederländischen Volk Ende des Jahres – Tochter Amalia (1): "Ich bin sehr froh, Ihnen allen jetzt sagen zu dürfen, dass ich hoffe, Mitte Juli 2005 ein Brüderchen oder ein Schwesterchen begrüßen zu können." Das zeugt von Leichtigkeit des Seins, von monarchischer Unbeschwertheit. Sie fehlen in Spanien.
In Spanien ist Máxima die beliebteste Prinzessin
Noch eins: Máxima hat keine Konkurrentinnen. Niemand neidet ihr etwas. Das ist in Spanien anders. Schwägerin Elena gilt als ähnlich blutsstolz wie ihre Mutter, Königin Sofia. Die sich bei offiziellen Auftritten fast immer und penetrant neben Letizia stellt – aus Angst, die könne was falsch machen, heißt es bei Hofe. Elena hält Letizia für einen Gefühls-Fauxpas ihres Bruders, und selbst Schwägerin Cristina, eigentlich nett und selbst mit einem Bürgerlichen verheiratet hält Abstand zu ihr. Das schlägt sich natürlich in königstreuen Blättern wie "Hola" grausam nieder: Im eigenen Land kam Letizia nur auf Platz 3 unter den beliebtesten Prinzgemahlinnen – Máxima war die Nr. 1 und die ferne Mary von Dänemark wurde Nr. 2.

what does it say: here a summary of the most "important" points:
spain: the country of the more and more enerved letizia who is supposed and expected to produce the long-anticipated heir.
holland: the country of the feisty maxima, who laughes all the time and looks more and more like a biological daughter of her mother-in-law and a sister to willem-alexandre. further she produced withoiut difficulty the next queen: buddha-like amalia...on top of everything: she is pregnant again.

spain's newspapers are commenting on the lack of true pregnancy rumours and published a caricature of the king sitting below their bedroom window preying for an heir saying: YOU CAN DO IT, FELIP!

spain's monarchists are concerned as now even royalist newspapers write. instead of writing about the lack of pregnancies they write about new rumours on a daily basis, ignoring the fact that letizia is losing weight every day and as if the case Diana never existed...

maxima, on the contrary, could even go as far as to wrap the good news in an unprecedented joke by makeing amalia announce the birth of a future sibling.

maxima is the favorit princess in spain, before mary and letizia, who is only 3rd. further the article writes about the frosty relationship between the new addition to the royal family and her sisters-in-law...

Elsa M. said:
I absolutely agree with you and Letizia carried it with much dignity and elegance... and it was surely much more appropriate, than the one Madeleine wore at the most official night in Sweden... :D
i think madeleine's dress is ok, she is very young and beautifull and
her life is entirely different than that of the future queen of spain

karolinabraganza said:
what does it say: here a summary of the most "important" points:
spain: the country of the more and more enerved letizia who is supposed and expected to produce the long-anticipated heir.
holland: the country of the feisty maxima, who laughes all the time and looks more and more like a biological daughter of her mother-in-law and a sister to willem-alexandre. further she produced withoiut difficulty the next queen: buddha-like amalia...on top of everything: she is pregnant again.

spain's newspapers are commenting on the lack of true pregnancy rumours and published a caricature of the king sitting below their bedroom window preying for an heir saying: YOU CAN DO IT, FELIP!

spain's monarchists are concerned as now even royalist newspapers write. instead of writing about the lack of pregnancies they write about new rumours on a daily basis, ignoring the fact that letizia is losing weight every day and as if the case Diana never existed...

maxima, on the contrary, could even go as far as to wrap the good news in an unprecedented joke by makeing amalia announce the birth of a future sibling.

maxima is the favorit princess in spain, before mary and letizia, who is only 3rd. further the article writes about the frosty relationship between the new addition to the royal family and her sisters-in-law...
do not really think that the bunte is a good source re the favorite princess in spain.

the description of amalia is cute, the rest is bit, well, german and primitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom