Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cute_girl said:
I'd never seen Letizia this much expressive,do you who's the woman she's hugging?

It's her grandmother, Menchu Alvarez del Valle, mother of Jesus Ortiz

She is Letizia's much beloved grandmother Menchú Álvarez del Valle. She is a retired journalist and one of the most charismatic voices of Asturias. She's also the lady who emotioned everybody at the wedding ceremony, with her expressive reading of St. Paul's First Letter to Corinthians, the one which teaches the virtues of love.

cute_girl said:
so journolism is some how heriditary in their family:)

Totally hereditary, Letizia's father followed his mother's steps and Letizia followed suit. Letizia has been interested in the journalism world since she was about 12.

There are pictures of her when she went to work with her father at Antena 3, a radio station, on the thread Crown Princess Letizia pictures as a girl and young woman.

It's About Time!

If you go to casareal.es and look at the page about Letizia there is now a picture specialy taken rather than a photo of her from right after they announced their engagement. :)

It's about time!!! It's a good picture. However, I think she would have looked better with a full smile. I don't think she looks as good when she purses her lips that way.

I like her suit but I agree. She shouldn't purse her lips that way. When she does that it seems as if she's uncomfortable with her surroundings.

The picture is credited to Dalda.

Attachments

• psabg01g.jpg
    psabg01g.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 506
Ennyllorac said:

This is one lovely photo of a very lovely lady.

Beautiful picture of Letizia. Simple, elegant, professional.

Hope that means that we'll get to see new official pictures of Felipe and Letizia and one of the entire family, too.

Alexandria said:

Hope that means that we'll get to see new official pictures of Felipe and Letizia and one of the entire family, too.

I hope that too, it's about time they change that old picture....

Ennyllorac said:
It's about time!!! It's a good picture. However, I think she would have looked better with a full smile. I don't think she looks as good when she purses her lips that way.

I'm sure someone else have said this, but Letizia and Rania resemble one another a little. In fact, she purses her lips the same way at times.

I did it again i delete the photo.Sorry

Last edited:
Alexandria said:
Yes I agree with you, Alexandria: this picture reflects what Letizia actually is: simple, elegant, discreet and professional. And I also like her expression very much. I think it would look a bit awkward to have the Princess of Asturias into a Máxima-like smile. I love Máxima's smile, but it has nothing to do with Letizia. This is the expression of a Queen-to-be! Just love it! :)
Alexandria said:
Praise the Lord!!!! That photo is getting on my nerves! :eek:

It is really a beautiful picture, I agree. It would be realy nice if there are more new pictures at the offical site.
Anyway, I like this one from Letizia :)

Two beautiful pics of Doña Letizia

Attachments

• urdaci1a.jpg
    urdaci1a.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 545
  • urdaci5a.jpg
    urdaci5a.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 502
Ennyllorac said:

So this is the frist oficial pic from Princess of ASturias. Nice one. I love.:p :)

Ennyllorac said:

is it possible that the spanish royals and the spanish in general appreciate a certain seriousness and that they chose this one on purpose, for the time being at least untill she has been a princess a bit longer.

Alexandria said:
Anna_R said:
I hope that too, it's about time they change that old picture....
This is what Periodistadigital says about it:

http://www.periodistadigital.com/secciones/periodismo/object.php?o=43529

The weekend of the engagement announcement, the Website of the TelevisionAcademy, improved from 500 to 170.000 visits per day. It was the only one which had the curriculum of the journalist Letizia Ortiz. And the interest for her continues even bigger, now that there are 107,000 references of her in Google. Also the official site of the Royal House receives an average of 10,000 visits per day, except the 22th of May of 2004, when it reached 43,300 visits. So, if you are one of those 70,000 weekly visitors of the royal website, you must have already found how obsolete it is; not only the design itself, but also the fact that the participation of the future queen is practically dismissed, as she appears is none of those 16 photos. And this is more visible, in the two family photos: one from 1997, next to a sculpture of Chillida, and the other from August of 2002. We are now in 2005, the Royal Family has increased, but the changes in the Royal Site still run very slowly. Finally, last Thursday, they replaced the photo that was taken last year. Now there she is, confortably seated in a white suit... but she continues not taking part of the Royal Family... graphically saying.

Last edited:
It seams the staff of the Royal Website read TRF after all... :p

And then again, perhaps not, but the truth is that, after so many complains, they finally changed that old and inappropriate family photo, at the very front page.
Now, this is the photo they placed there instead:

Attachments

• sem título45.JPG
    sem título45.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 601
Elsa M. said:
It seams the staff of the Royal Website read TRF after all... :p

And then again, perhaps not, but the truth is that, after so many complains, they finally changed that old and inappropriate family photo, at the very front page.
Now, this is the photo they placed there instead:

ha, ha:), they all -except sofia- look terrified or very worried, very funny to place this one

susan alicia said:
ha, ha:), they all -except sofia- look terrified or very worried, very funny to place this one
Indeed! I didn't realise that before, but their faces look actually terrified of our complains... :D

the articel call it the princess sickness
and compare it to when victoria was sick

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 2,438
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,839
  • letizia-340647-0_368.jpg
    letizia-340647-0_368.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 538
Josefine said:
The difference is that Letizia's been thin all her life and victoria's normal weigh is far from what she looked like those months she was suffering of anorexia... If you look at some photos of the former journalist, you'll realise how she's been thin all her life.
I remember seeing a TV program, shortly before the wedding, where her colleagues talked about her and her completely devotion to work, and one of them said that, when she was accumulating report and the presentation of the main news program, he feared for her health, but she was very strong, in spite of her apparent fragility. Anyway, Letizia's weight is such an over discussed topic that it can't lead us anywhere. We're always getting in circles and everybody feels entitled to have a formed opinion about it, even if none of us know her personally...
Fact is she's said to be a good gourmet, and she doesn't seam worried to eat ensaimadas(I doubt most of us would dare to eat it...) and other high-calories things, as we have seen early in this summer... Last October, when they went to Asturias for the Prize-giving ceremony, the mayor of Aller took advantage of the greeting ceremony to tell the princess: "If you allow me, I believe that you would have to eat more" and Felipe promptly joked that the amount was not the problem: "she burns everything, she burns everything", he said. («El alcalde de Aller aprovechó el saludo de despedida para dirigirse a la princesa: «Si me permite, Alteza, creo que debería comer más». Fue un divertido Felipe quien respondió que no era problema de cantidad: «Lo quema todo, lo quema todo», dijo». :p ) So I guess that answers all the questions about her weight...

But thanks Cissan, for your kindness on sharing that article with us! It was much appreciated! ;)

Last edited:
Seems that the Casa Real Website decided to finally acknowledge Letizia's existence. After changing her official picture for one much more appropriate and of changing the official royal family picture (which they could have chosen better in my opinion), the website includes an image of Letizia in the front page mosaic, the one who appears behind KJC and QS's portrait. It's in the top right.

See below:)

Attachments

• new.gif
    new.gif
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,847
Josefine said:

This is truly a sad state of affairs and is stress-related. I used to suffer from this ailment too but I've overcome. It took a long time for me to learn to relax so that my metabolism wouldn't eat me alive. I think Letizia should take some down time to look about her health. Being thrust into such a role would take its toll on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom