Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 17: January 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an official note of the FAO, so in this case include the name suggests that the invitation has been accepted. And that would mean, finally, a change in the official role of the Princess.

If she has been invited directly from WHO / FAO, or has been the Spanish Government who has chosen her to represent the country ... is an event that Zarzuela can not say no.

Zarzuela could say 'no' if they wanted to, I'm pretty sure they had said 'no' many times over the last 10 years since I doubt that was the first invitation Letizia received. The last 10 years, Zarzuela denied Letizia a more visible role, at the same time let the media blame her lacking of a role on herself, how convenient ! :cool:. Since the VF article last Dec, media has started to talk about Zarzuela purposely leaving her in the shadow, although still mild, but can get heated up in the future. I'm sure Zarzuela has been taking a note on all the subjects since JC today can't 'afford' to do whatever he wants as before.

DonnaK, the Spanish Government wants a seat as non-permanent member on the Security Council of the UN for 2015-2016, so right now they are very interested in giving visibility to the role of Spain within the UN agencies. Queen Sofia was at the UN in September.

Last year the Prince and Princess received in Madrid the UN representatives. One of the meetings then organized was about nutrition to prepare the meeting that will be held in Rome.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Recepción a la Junta de Jefes Ejecutivos del sistema de Naciones Unidas

Letizia looked very happy and confident! Hopefully, her future role as Queen doesn't terrify her! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom