Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 14: October 2008 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it mean that she'll go to santigo de Chile next year by herself??

It would be great if she would have her first trip abroad by herself!!!

Does it mean that she'll go to santigo de Chile next year by herself??

It would be great if she would have her first trip abroad by herself!!!

At first only it is something honorary, does not mean that she is going to be in Chile. This congress will be celebrate in dates very near to the Congress of the Spanish Language that also it will be celebrated in Chile, and the King and the President of Chile will inaugurate it. It is not very habitual that the members of the Royal Family visit the same country with days of difference.

Letizia looks wonderful: I love her entire attire, from jacket and skirt to the shoes and bag. Her makeup is excellent too. :)
Could one of the members tell more about "Helps to the Cancer Investigation"? What is Letizia's role within the association? Is she perhaps the Patron?

Last edited:
Letizia looks wonderful: I love her entire attire, from jacket and skirt to the shoes and bag. Her makeup is excellent too. :)
Could one of the members tell more about "Helps to the Cancer Investigation"? What is Letizia's role within the association? Is she perhaps the Patron?

They are helps of the Spanish Association against the Cancer, yesterday there did the delivery of 2,4 million Euros to two projects of investigation that will benefit for five years the works coordinated from the Center of Investigation of the Cancer of Salamanca and from the Puerta de Hierro Hospital of Madrid. Also they delivered prizes to persons and institutions that collaborate with the institution or fight against the cancer.

The Princess is not officially a patron of the association, but she collaborates with them, already she has gone to several acts and last year she was in this act.

Every Royal House has a different way of working, the members of the Spanish Royal Family are not patrons, they are Presidents of Honor of the organizations. Though they are presidents of honor of many specific acts, only they link themselves permanently to some organizations. They choose few organizations, so that they could know and work really with them, and not to be only a representative name. The Princess has received many requests, and the Royal House has decided to wait, to analyze the requests, that the princess goes to some acts and knows them, then to decide to which she links permanently.

Princess of Asturias Letizia Ortiz has given the Oncology Research Aids in Salamanca.

BelgaPicture - Category details

Every Royal House has a different way of working, the members of the Spanish Royal Family are not patrons, they are Presidents of Honor of the organizations. Though they are presidents of honor of many specific acts, only they link themselves permanently to some organizations. They choose few organizations, so that they could know and work really with them, and not to be only a representative name. The Princess has received many requests, and the Royal House has decided to wait, to analyze the requests, that the princess goes to some acts and knows them, then to decide to which she links permanently.

I hope Princess Letizia will be associated with organizations working with depression. It effects millions of people and easily devastates the individuals life and the lives of families as Letizia well knows. It would be a very worthwhile cause to bring attention to.

They are helps of the Spanish Association against the Cancer, yesterday there did the delivery of 2,4 million Euros to two projects of investigation that will benefit for five years the works coordinated from the Center of Investigation of the Cancer of Salamanca and from the Puerta de Hierro Hospital of Madrid. Also they delivered prizes to persons and institutions that collaborate with the institution or fight against the cancer.

The Princess is not officially a patron of the association, but she collaborates with them, already she has gone to several acts and last year she was in this act.

Princess of Asturias Letizia Ortiz has given the Oncology Research Aids in Salamanca.

BelgaPicture - Category details

Thank you very much for the information, lula! :flowers:
It is perhaps a wise decision to take only a few organizations: that way, you are more involved, instead of appearing for ribbon-cutting and photo opportunities.

I agree. I love the whole ensemble. It's very simple and nice. I hope she will go to Chile.

do you mean her sister?

I somehow doubt whether Spain will admit that mental illness is widespread. And there are so many deserving causes in Spain that Letizia probably will be given (perhaps she is allowed to chose from a number of causes) others.

I hope Princess Letizia will be associated with organizations working with depression. It effects millions of people and easily devastates the individuals life and the lives of families
as Letizia well knows
. It would be a very worthwhile cause to bring attention to.

Whatever lead to Erika's death (officially confirmed as suicide though by a coroner) is speculation: The Ortiz family - let alone casa real - have never given any comment and treated the matter as entirely private. Therefore I doubt Letizia will take on anything that could be related to Erika's anamnesis because it only would open up old wounds and start fresh speculation.

Whatever lead to Erika's death (officially confirmed as suicide though by a coroner) is speculation: The Ortiz family - let alone casa real - have never given any comment and treated the matter as entirely private. Therefore I doubt Letizia will take on anything that could be related to Erika's anamnesis because it only would open up old wounds and start fresh speculation.
Royals have an unusual "power" in bringing attention to issues in a broader scale. Queen Silvia and dementia and Crown Princess Mary and womens heart conditions. You may be correct that depression was only speculated and not necessarily the case with Princess Letizia's sister.

The Princess knows closely the disease of the cancer, her aunt and godmother Cristina died of cancer and also her grandfather Jose Luis died of cancer of lung.

Does anyone happen to have the links for more info about the congress like videos of speeches? questions asked... Thanks.

25-09-2009 Madrid Princess Letizia visited the International Footwear "Modacalzado" and Leather Goods and Leather "Iberpiel" at IFEMA in Madrid.

PPE Agency

25-09-2009 Madrid Princess Letizia visited the International Footwear "Modacalzado" and Leather Goods and Leather "Iberpiel" at IFEMA in Madrid.

PPE Agency

Two events in a row for Letizia, its good she is doing more solo.
She looks quite tired and washed out, not sure if she is or its just the outfit colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom