Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 12: March - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the article (and as well I said not interview) of El País newspaper. Really it does not contribute anything new, is a tour on like it is and since has been in these 4 years the life of the Princess. It is realistic enough and direct, attacks gossips, and sample of clear form the reality of the things.

He writes about the work and something of the private life, of like she has had to adapt to La Zarzuela, and as her adviser in many aspects has been the Queen. It gives an interesting note, in the Zarzuela, men occupy the important charges for the most part with an average of age of approximately 60 years, and the majority military men or diplomats.

On the advices of the Queen, they comment that she has advised her to dedicate time to her family and that she should try to have a familiar life as normal as possible. Also that was the Queen the one that recommended to her to have a principal designer to do the things less complicated.

In the personal thing, simply they comment on her good influence in the character of the Prince, which they show as a happy couple and with enough complicity, and that try to give a good education to their daughters.

Also they do an analysis of her impact in the press, of the obsession for her because it is the new one in the Royal Family and the one that generates more money. They speak on the rumors, on the fact that her feelings have never been born in mind, she has been defenseless and specially initially, she suffered for it, because she did not understand it.

She knows that she has to have a correct aspect, but she is not interested in the fashion very much, she decides that she takes and that not and the changes in her image. Comments the journalist that she cannot pose that when in an act she is attacked by dozens of flashes that want to catch even the most minimal gesture she adopts a hieratic position and to look fixedly at a point.

Diary of a princess

Diario de una princesa · ELPAÍS.com

I read through it this morning. It's like a potpourri of everything that has been said by the "serious" press before. The article starts with some details about the working day of the Princes (alarm clock at seven, getting Leonor to school at eight, then work starts), then some trivialities (no she did not hunt a prince, they fell in love, her life changed and she is happy, has fulfilled her duties so far bla bla bla). There was no other choice for her to bear all these rumours etc and grin because the Princess sells and the Royal House does not sue. She suffered a lot during the first year because she did not understand why she came under such a scruteny and could not defend herself but decided to focus on her work and role. No, she is not anorexic but thinness runs in the family. Especially those malicious rumours made her suffer: an alleged fertility treatment, deseases of children, her family benefitting from the relation to the Royal House, she is dominating poor Felipe and detesting / being detested by King & Infantas. All not true but nobody ever apologized for the immense suffer Letizia went through. Then the structure of the Royal House is being described, dominated by military men around 60 years of age - no woman around - and Letizia's difficulties to adapt to a system that wouldn't adapt to her. No, she does not have any image or fashion advisers (well, that's pretty obvious) and one advice from Queen Sofia was to find a trusted designer and stick with him (fine but why Varela who does her no favours). No international designers as she feels she would not get away with it (as Queen Sofia or Elena do every week). Second advice was to bring up the children as normal as possible. For now, Leonor does not get any special education apart from the usual "good manners". 2 bad pregnancies with cesarian, Erika's death plus the rest she went through, not easy. The work and life relationship between the Princes is great and Letizia has finally arrived in her role as PoA, left the journalist behind.

Well, it might be an honest article with some sugary or propaganda parts but disappointing because there is nothing new and it's not very personal. Instead of the silly and almost unrecognizable childrens' draw on the front page of EPS the Princess could have agreed to "pose" for some personal pictures, eg working at Zarzuela in her office etc as the pictures in the article are well known already and some are quite unflattering. So keeping in mind the El Pais' advert - La conoces? Do you know her? - I have to say no, not better than before if "know her" is the right expression at all. And if the content of the article is news to spanish people or people will now say, yes, now I have a better idea of her, I must assume that they did not have the slightest interest in the Princess before.

It was predictable:lol:, though I really was waiting for some new commentary.

It follows the same line that always has followed in these articles. For one it chases that it follows habitually the press, or that follows the princes, there is no innovation. But for persons who receive sporadic information or to which only the noise of the gossip comes ... this type of articles are interesting, because they join many things. And probably there the irony of the title is...
Already I said that I had the impression, of which in the last weeks, with her 4 º Anniversary of wedding and a princess increasingly guaranteed in her role... it seemed that the hour had come, for the most serious press, of doing some justice.

Even this way to my there is information that they give me that to think, i knew that Zarzuela was a men's territory and that there was the very much military one yet, but this confirms it to me, and makes me think about many things, and about the difficult thing that must be for a young and professional woman as Letizia adjust to an environment like that. Also it must be difficult for the Prince, because though he has been educated in it, they are not persons of his generation.

El País newspaper has done a good marketing, and I cannot avoid laught on having thought as certain journalists of the gossip they have fallen down direct in the trap.

Oh my God, Could she be thinking in something that we don't know???:ermm::cool:

These pictures are extremely nice.

Hold a baby suit her a lot.:)

http://i31.tinypic.com/21o4ch.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/1ghxtj.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/bdqhj4.jpg:wub:

Maybe She is thinknig, "Definetly I want another one":lol::lol::D

Awwww:wub:
Princess Letizia is really sweet, she's wonderful.
What a LOVELY pics, indeed!

Is it this article a sole right?
There was never the well-read one an exclusive interview, without interview and without sole right jajaja The newspaper El Mundo, also it has today an article of two pages about the princess ... very veracious and professional.
Very good both articles...

The article on Letizia from El Pais is in the same category of the two articles ('the Prudent Prince' and 'the Merits to be King') they did on Felipe in 2005. The main story is nothing new if you have followed the Princes closely, however it did offer a few interesting details, it's a good comprehensive article. It's not the same as the news article on the PoA awards since that one included 3 new pictures of the Princes and the prologue written by the Prince himself. Nobody can scream 'exclusive right' this time.

The two articles on the Prince
El Príncipe prudente · ELPAÍS.com
Los méritos para ser rey · ELPAÍS.com

She does have that very endearing look. It's nice to see of Letizia. Love the dedication I see pour from her day after day. She truly is an honor. I imagine being very afraid if I were to lead a life where I were so integral to the spirit of a country at large. I'm sure as time goes on, her and Felipe's understanding of their prowess will see them through to great judgement. I only root for them as I adore Spain and it's beautiful people. Someday I will see Spain no doubt and I hope the World at large. Visiting here inspires me to visit many places and see the many peoples. And someday I will. For now I look through us all here and find depth and admiration along with everyone for the Royals. They are in a stature all their own. Haven't posted so much because I'm rather reclusive. Hope you may enjoy my posts. And if you might find travel interesting, Flickr.com is a neat website with photography from about anywhere. Good luck. :flowers:

Last edited:
As we have reached ten pages, this thread is now closed. The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom