Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 12: March - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has been looking radiant lately. The make-up she wore today really suits her. It makes her look very healthy. I think the dress made her look a little thicker that she really is. Previous outfits show her in her almost skeletal frame. Then again whenever both of them are this happy there is usuallly an announcement pending.

I don't think she's pregnant because with Letizia you notice it on her chest area first.

waouh! she's great!! it's so nice to see her in solo events!!!!

She looked wonderful yesterday. Love the whole outfit and the makeup and the hair! Great daytime look for her. And yes, I agree, she did look radiantly happy. She seems more open and relaxed on these solo events.

The news of 20 minutes is absurd enough:rolleyes: ... the Princess does what a normal person does, is serious in the act politician more formal and important of the democracy, wich in addition presides for the first time as Princess ... and be smiling and relaxed in an act with children. It is evident that if she had nauseas she could not be travelling from a side for other one, last week in La Rioja and next week in Bilbao and Zaragoza .

The news of 20 minutes is absurd enough:rolleyes: ... the Princess does what a normal person does, is serious in the act politician more formal and important of the democracy, wich in addition presides for the first time as Princess ... and be smiling and relaxed in an act with children. It is evident that if she had nauseas she could not be travelling from a side for other one, last week in La Rioja and next week in Bilbao and Zaragoza .

I agree with you Lula.
Letizia is serious when she must to be serious and she is smiling and relaxed in the events that allow her to be less serious.
But with respect to nauseas and travel; there are pills to prevent nauseas.......
In any case, "coincidentally" that magazine and many of us have agreed that she might be pregnant.:rolleyes:

I don't think she looks sick, she is just serious, paying attention to something. And I saw a lot of pics of her being serious without having nothing to do with pregnancy.

However, the morning nauseas could be something more related to a pregnancy. But I don't think she could be pregnant again. It's to fast from her last pregnancy.

Vanesa.

Those were two different nature events. I agree that she looked serious, not sick, also the picture was taken during the speeches, her expression was no different from others around her. I saw part of the opening of the legislature, Letizia was seen happily chatting when sitting on the long table, didn't look sick at all.
On the other hand, as long as nauseas is not too bad, she can still travel. When she was pregnant with Leonor, she had travelled to many places including foreign trips to Stockholm, Prague, Tokyo, Milan.

The article from Tiempo on Letizia's agenda.
Tiempo

An abc article on Letizia's last event. She stayed an hour longer to talk with the kids personally, taking pictures or signing autographs by their requests. A girl started crying because she didn't have the autograph, she finally got it.
ABC.es: madrid - madrid - El coro sorprendió a la Princesa

Yes, that's what I read in FRIMB too, that the act is only 45 minutes but Letizia stayed for an hour more to talk with the kids and such, I think that's so nice of her :flowers:

From the Tiempo article,

Muchos son amigos que siguen manteniendo el contacto y llamándola a su número de móvil de soltera, que todavía mantiene. Le hacen llamadas perdidas y ella siempre responde, aunque cuando sus obligaciones se lo permiten.

if I understand it correctly, it says that Letizia still maintains up to now the phone number she used when she was still single, and her friends call this number- there are always missed calls and that she replies when time permits :flowers:

Last edited:
The article from Tiempo on Letizia's agenda.
Tiempo

An abc article on Letizia's last event. She stayed an hour longer to talk with the kids personally, taking pictures or signing autographs by their requests. A girl started crying because she didn't have the autograph, she finally got it.
ABC.es: madrid - madrid - El coro sorprendió a la Princesa

That's so nice of her. I'm so happy that she's having solo events again and that she had a speech. From what I've seen her recent pictures were great always smiling although I'm not speculating that she's pregnant again. I think she gained weight.:)

14th May she has a solo event in Zaragonza

The Princess of Asturias inaugurates a center of special education in Calatayud

La Princesa de Asturias inaugura un centro de educación especial en Calatayud - Yahoo! Noticias

There is a rumour that the Princes(s) will speak to El Pais Semanal on Sunday on the occasion of their 4th wedding anniversary and reveal their thoughts about pressing issues. At least El Pais has already done some advertising in this matter (see link) - we'll see what comes out of it. The princes have granted a photoshoot to the magazine before when Felipe wrote the editorial on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the PoA awards.

Vanitatis.com - El polémico ‘Diario de la Princesa Letizia’

There is a rumour that the Princes(s) will speak to El Pais Semanal on Sunday on the occasion of their 4th wedding anniversary and reveal their thoughts about pressing issues. At least El Pais has already done some advertising in this matter (see link) - we'll see what comes out of it. The princes have granted a photoshoot to the magazine before when Felipe wrote the editorial on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the PoA awards.

Vanitatis.com - El polémico ‘Diario de la Princesa Letizia’

Thanks, Duke, that would be great! I hope the rumour is true!

i hope so too! although maybe not the most convenient moment for something like that after telma's case in court?

i hope so too! although maybe not the most convenient moment for something like that after telma's case in court?

It's supposed to be a 10 pager in El Pais Semanal, The Diaries of a Princess.

Chosing this moment for such a publication only shows how worried the Princes are about the current climate in Spain regarding Letizia and all the stories surrounding her, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. It's nice to hear their or her side of the story but on the other hand it's certainly an act of desperation to gain some ground. The circulation of silly or not so silly stories has gotten out of hand (Infantas, Telma etc) and this is their reaction. But we don't know the content yet, must wait and see until then.

Paloma Barrientos in her desire to give up poison has returned to mistake. It is neither an interview nor an exclusive like she has wanted to give to dealing.

Today they have commented in a program of television of the Group Prisa, owners of El País newspaper. It is a serious article, in which they have followed the life and the activities of the Princess. The article seems to follow the line of the journalists who habitually follow the information of the Royal House for newspaper and tv newcast. Serious people who knows like well work the Royal House and have a nearby treatment with them.

This type of things are interesting, and are in the habit of drawing a vision different enough from that of the press of the gossip. This type of articles are habitual, on the Princes there have been several articles of follow-up of this type, though this one looks like the first one that centres specifically on the Princess. A few months ago the Prince took part in the Sunday magazine of the ABC for his40 birthdays, and last week the Infanta Cristina took part in an article on immunization with Graca Machel for other magazine. Also I remember an article, I believe that of the magazine Elle on a humanitarian trip of the Queen.

Last edited:
It's supposed to be a 10 pager in El Pais Semanal, The Diaries of a Princess.

Chosing this moment for such a publication only shows how worried the Princes are about the current climate in Spain regarding Letizia and all the stories surrounding her, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. It's nice to hear their or her side of the story but on the other hand it's certainly an act of desperation to gain some ground. The circulation of silly or not so silly stories has gotten out of hand (Infantas, Telma etc) and this is their reaction. But we don't know the content yet, must wait and see until then.
An act of desperation? Oh for goodness sake! Why is it that every time this couple does something, which most Royals do I add, there's a sinister motive behind it?!

The only places where "silly" stories are circulating is on the net. Most of my Spanish friends have never even heard of half the things I read on this and other boards.

La Princesa de Asturias guarda un minuto de silencio antes de inaugurar un centro asistencial en Calatayud

The Princess of Asturias guards a minute of silence before inaugurating a welfare center in Calatayud

Her Royal Highness dona Letizia Ortiz guarded today a minute of silence in recollection of the deceased guardia civil this dawn, Juan Manuel Piñuel, as well as of his four wounded companions, and in solidarity with their relatives, as a result of the perpetrated terrorist attack this dawn in the Police station of Legutiano's Police (Alava).

The Princess of Asturias guarded the minute of silence before took part in the official inauguration of the center of attention to intellectual disabled persons of the association AMIBIL, in Calatayud, together with the president of Aragon, Marcelino Iglesias, the president of the association AMIBIL, Daniel Arias, the delegate of the Government in Aragon, Javier Fernandez, and the mayor of Calatayud, Víctor Ruiz.

Photos Casa Real

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20080514_amibil/20080514-amibil1.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20080514_amibil/20080514-amibil2.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20080514_amibil/20080514-amibil3.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/20080514_amibil/20080514-amibil4.jpg

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20080514/7224fe7507109g.jpg

Last edited:
An act of desperation? Oh for goodness sake! Why is it that every time this couple does something, which most Royals do I add, there's a sinister motive behind it?!

The only places where "silly" stories are circulating is on the net. Most of my Spanish friends have never even heard of half the things I read on this and other boards.

Some people spend much of their free time to criticise the Prince of Asturias. That is normal here. Welcome!
The reality is that they are a wonderful couple who do a very good job for Spain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom