Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 1: August - December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When will the couple have other offical engagements from now to the end of this year?

Happy Birthday Princess Letizia!
DWF15-821972.jpg
http://pro.corbis.com/images/DWF15-832995.jpg?size=67&uid={75fb012e-c60d-4946-aaa6-7d7164af20eb}

Last edited:
today (sept 15th) is letizia's birthday...

in the official webpage of the royal house, they don't specify their next engagement. however, they usually have 2 or 3 engagements every week.

Happy Birthday to lovely princess Letizia. I hope that this day brings a lot of happiness, joy and chocolate cake.... LOL

Anna

Happy Birthday Letizia

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS and LUCKY GOOD LIFE

carlota said:
today (sept 15th) is letizia's birthday...

in the official webpage of the royal house, they don't specify their next engagement. however, they usually have 2 or 3 engagements every week.
I don't think they have anything official this week. They threw a reception for the people who worked on their wedding--staff from Zarzuela, National Patrimony and Royal Guard--on Monday or Tuesday, but that was unofficial.

We'll see the entire Royal Family this weekend at the wedding of the King's nephew to the model Laura Ponte. A party on Friday and the wedding is on Saturday. I'm expecting a stunning and unforgettable bride--she is after all an international model (she started her career by winning a contest with Elite Model agency in NYC) and her style of dress is bold and unique.

But happy birthday today to Princess Letizia.

At the beginning, I didn't like Letizia at all . I thought she was much more interested in the princess title than in marrying Felipe . But I was totally wrong . She is a nice Princess and now one of my favourites .

A very happy birthday to the beautiful Princess Letizia !

lucys said:
I don't think they have anything official this week. They threw a reception for the people who worked on their wedding--staff from Zarzuela, National Patrimony and Royal Guard--on Monday or Tuesday, but that was unofficial.

We'll see the entire Royal Family this weekend at the wedding of the King's nephew to the model Laura Ponte. A party on Friday and the wedding is on Saturday. I'm expecting a stunning and unforgettable bride--she is after all an international model (she started her career by winning a contest with Elite Model agency in NYC) and her style of dress is bold and unique.

But happy birthday today to Princess Letizia.
Laura Ponte's pics at: http://www.eco-model.com/James/laura4.htm

Laura was Born on 1/1/1975
Nationality: Espagnol

I was just wondering why the Royal House's official website didn't mention Letizia's birthday at all....
And one other thing, when do you think that they will change the official family picture???

sorry if I'm asking too much,
Anna;)

Anna_R said:
I was just wondering why the Royal House's official website didn't mention Letizia's birthday at all....
And one other thing, when do you think that they will change the official family picture???

sorry if I'm asking too much,
Anna;)
My understanding, and someone correct me if I am wrong, the Spanish Royal Family is very low key about birthdays. They rarely make a big deal about them and generally celebrate them quietly with the family. Really, compared to other European Royal Families the Spanish Royal Family is low key about everything. Which is partly why I find them so fascinating, they have been back in power for such a relatively short time that they don't take anything for granted and they really have so much less leeway then other Royal Families. The balancing act they have to play between authority and humility just fascinates me. But I digress from fashion and such...sorry...

lucys said:
My understanding, and someone correct me if I am wrong, the Spanish Royal Family is very low key about birthdays. They rarely make a big deal about them and generally celebrate them quietly with the family. Really, compared to other European Royal Families the Spanish Royal Family is low key about everything. Which is partly why I find them so fascinating, they have been back in power for such a relatively short time that they don't take anything for granted and they really have so much less leeway then other Royal Families. The balancing act they have to play between authority and humility just fascinates me. But I digress from fashion and such...sorry...
I think only milestone birthdays are celebrated with any fanfare, and even then the "fanfare" isn't really all that much. I remember a photo session at Zarzuela Palace to mark the King's 60th birthday and an interview for Felipe's 30th birthday, but nothing for the two Infantas.

Certainly no flag flying for royal birthdays in Spain as there is in Norway, or balcony appearances as in Denmark or annual photo sessions in Sweden to mark Carl Gustav's birthday.

I, too, appreciate the low-key attitude of the Spanish royals; that most things of a personal nature are kept private and confidential and that events such as birthdays and anniversaries are celebrated privately and with family. Although I do wish now and then for an all out party with oodles of glitz and glam now and then!

I hope I don't get blasted for this but I think the Spanish Royal Family is the most down to earth of all. That is if you can be royal and down to earth. That sounds like an oxymoron to me!

The Spanish royals are really unique in the sense that they are down to earth. They seem very approachable and admirable in many ways. While I love pomp and ceremony just as much as the next girl, I also love the quiet dignity the Spanish royals possess. I like that they don't always dress to the nines and that they are more private than other royal families...they are just likeable!

Some pictures of Letizia this weekend at a private dinner for Felipe's cousin Beltran the day before his wedding to Spanish model Laura Ponte, then at the wedding itself. At both occasions Felipe's outfit picked up on touches from Letizia's outfit: the striped light green and blue in his shirt with her tweed jacket and satin tank top and then his satin ruby red tie with her skirt.

Attachments

• letizia-2.jpg
    letizia-2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 791
  • letizia-1.jpg
    letizia-1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 468
  • letizia-3.jpg
    letizia-3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,542
Ok, I will not comment again on the wedding outfit.;) What she wore at the dinner was ok, nothing special. I must say she could have done better!

Letizia in Brazilian Magazine

Here in Brazil there's a magazine called "Quem". They have a piece this week called "They date princes" and are talking about some of the commoners turned into princessess and the lucky girls that are currently dating princes.

Full Article - In Portuguese

They date princes
transp.gif

They won the hearts of the most famous men around the world and enjoy all the pampering and privilege of the monarchy. Get to know the commoners that became princesses and the ones that are applicants to the position.

LETIZIA ORTIZ

She is the princess of the moment in Europe. She became famous when she married Prince Felipe of Spain in May. Before bacoming a princess, Letizia was a successful journalist: she worked at Bloomberg, CNN and TVE - not to mention that she went to Iraq to cover the war. Doña Letizia, as she's known in Spain, just turned 32 and is treated by the local press as a powerful celebrity.

Felipe & Letizia

They also talk about - If anyone wants me to translate the remaining of the text, please tell me where to post it.

- Kate Middleton, William's alleged girlfriend
- Princess Diana
- Scarlett Johansson that supposedly had a fling with Lord Frederick Windsor
- Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Mary Donaldson
- Adriana Lima, the Brazilian model that is dating Prince Wenzeslaus de Liechtenstein

I hope you enjoy it,
Anna

Letizia's Candids

Well, since this is a picture thread for the Princess of Asturias and the things have being calm over the weekend, I decided to search some eyecandies of HRH and put them here. I'm well aware that some of these, if not all, have already been published at the forum, I just wanted to share my favorites with you all, I hope you don't mind.

Anna

1. Czech President on Official Visit to Spain - Photocall
2. Closing ceremony of the Forum 2004 in Barcelona
3. Gala dinner for the Czech President
4. Ceremony of the 23th 'Copa del Rey' in Mallorca
5. Gala dinner for the Czech President
6. Inauguration of a culture congress at Monterrey University - Mexico
7. State visit to Hungary
8. At her Wedding
9. At the Athens Olympic Games
10. At her Wedding

Attachments

• letty.jpg
    letty.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 330
  • letty10.jpg
    letty10.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 341
  • letty9.jpg
    letty9.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 347
  • letty8.jpg
    letty8.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 337
  • letty7.jpg
    letty7.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 584
  • letty6.jpg
    letty6.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 298
  • letty5.jpg
    letty5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 695
  • letty4.jpg
    letty4.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 318
  • letty3.jpg
    letty3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 350
  • letty2.jpg
    letty2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Some more

Some more eyecandies

Anna

1. Athens Olympic Games
2. 06/30/2004
3. 06/30/2004
4. Official Presentation
5. One of the first pictures I saw of her
6. Mexico
7. Opening Ceremony Of Iternational Conference in Spain
8. Visiting the Jesus of Medinaceli Church
9. Mexico
10. Alhzeimer Benefit concert in Madrid

Attachments

• letty11.jpg
    letty11.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 432
  • letty12.jpg
    letty12.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 326
  • letty20.jpg
    letty20.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 334
  • letty19.jpg
    letty19.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 330
  • letty18.jpg
    letty18.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 292
  • letty16.jpg
    letty16.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 515
  • letty15.jpg
    letty15.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 283
  • letty14.jpg
    letty14.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 284
  • letty13.jpg
    letty13.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 390
  • letty17.jpg
    letty17.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
Some more

Anna

1. Denmark's Royal Wedding
2. Opening ceremony for Barcelona's five-month Cultural Forum in Barcelona
3. State visit to Hungary
4. State visit to Hungary
5. State visit to Hungary
6. State visit to Hungary
7. Visiting her grandparents
8. State visit to Hungary
9. Palma de Mallorca 09.03.04
10. At her wedding

Attachments

• letty25.jpg
    letty25.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 262
  • letty30.jpg
    letty30.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 554
  • letty29.jpg
    letty29.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 300
  • letty28.jpg
    letty28.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 253
  • letty27.jpg
    letty27.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 345
  • letty26.jpg
    letty26.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 276
  • letty24.jpg
    letty24.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 354
  • letty23.jpg
    letty23.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 239
  • letty22.jpg
    letty22.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 546
  • letty21.jpg
    letty21.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
And some more

Anna

1. Her engagement day
2. Official Presentation
3. Cadiz, 12 July 2004

Attachments

• letty31.jpg
    letty31.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 279
  • letty32.jpg
    letty32.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 274
  • letty33.jpg
    letty33.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:
All these pics are great, thanks!! Letizia has really changed, in the one you posted "one of the first ones I saw of her", you really can see the expression she had as a journalist, if you see what I mean. I think she is much better now!!

Yes,she has changed.But she becomes more and more beautiful,more and more stylish.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Yes,she has changed.But she becomes more and more beautiful,more and more stylish.
Yes, I agree, actually I meant that she has changed in a good way!!

From Hello Magazine

Stylish Princess Puts Spain on the fashion map
28 SEPTEMBER 2004

Having shown off scores of stylish ensembles since joining Spain's royal family last May, Princess Letizia – wife of the heir to the throne Prince Felipe – has quickly become one of the country's hottest fashion icons.

And as a result, Spanish creations have been gaining attention on the international scene, with Barcelona and Madrid fashion weeks becoming increasingly popular. And it was at the latter extravaganza, locally known as Pasarela Cibeles, that one of Letizia's preferred designers, Miguel Palacio, displayed his spring-summer 2005 collection, and another royal favourite, Jesus del Pozo, also hit the runway.

For those looking to the princess for further style inspiration, other labels the fashion-conscious 32-year-old counts among her favourites are Felipe Varela, Loewe, Adolfo Dominguez, and Lorenzo Caprile, the mind behind a number of Letizia's most memorable outfits.

"It's been an honour to dress her," said Caprile of his royal muse. "She's a beautiful girl with a stupendous figure."

Picture 1 and Picture 2

I mostly love the second one!! All her clothes are not designer outfits are they? I mean, what she wears on the weekends, etc (for example the second one posted above)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom