Prince Felipe, Current Events Part 1: October 2002 - February 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, oops. Sorry. Mis-indetification. That being said, that was neat that it said Letizia. I bet that was a shock to Felipe.

casareal
Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias ha presidido la Reunión del Patronato del Real Instituto Elcano, en la que se ha expuesto el informe de actividades y el estado de cuentas, y se ha aprobado el plan de actuación y presupuesto para 2004. Asistieron Federico Trillo Figueroa, ministro de Defensa; Eduardo Serra, presidente del Real Instituto Elcano; Leopoldo Calvo-Sotelo, ex-presidente del Gobierno; Eduardo Bautista, presidente de la Sociedad General de Autores; José María Fernández Sousa-Faro, presidente de Zeltia; Emilio Lamo de Espinosa, director del Real Instituto Elcano; Carlos López Blanco, secretario del Patronato del Real Instituto Elcano; Francisco Javier Monzón, Presidente de Indra; Amparo Moraleda, presidenta de IBM; Antonio de Oyarzábal, vicepresidente del Real Instituto Elcano; y Carlos Pérez de Bricio, presidente de Cepsa. (Madrid, 23 de diciembre de 2003)

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 253
Hi can anyone please post some informations on how popular the crown prince or the spainish royals family as a whole is, in spain? And how close are they to the spainish public? thanks!!

I AM FROM Spain and i can tell you that Prince Felipe is very popular here ,the royal family , except Jaime de Marichalar is very close to the people .i speccially love the way Infanta Cristina an HER HUSBAND THREAT ME WHEN I MET THEY

I think there is also tremendous respect for the Spanish royal family, especially the King. There was a lot of doubt about the job King Juan Carlos would do in succeeding the dictator Franco and whether Spain would truly be 'free' and democratic (even with a monarchy) in light of the fact that Juan Carlos was under the 'guidance' of Franco.

But I think the King - with the help of the Queen - worked very hard and proved to the people of Spain that their intentions were different from that of Franco's.

Also, I think the King and Queen made some good choices that showed their respect for the people of Spain and have lived a fairly down scale life considering they are royal. The King and Queen chose to live in Zarzuela Palace, a former hunting lodge, rather than one of the larger, grander palaces - though they use them when hosting foreign guests and for special occasions such as weddings.

I think the royal children also attended schools at which most other people's children could attend (of a certain level of income, of course). The children were not cut off from the rest of the world nor were they shipped off to boarding school. And as there was a tremendous level of interest in Felipe and his sisters, the King and Queen reached an agreement with the Spanish press in which they would be invited to photograph the family and the children at select occasions or events if in return they were left alone at other times.

Through their hard work and commitment to Spain and through a more down to earth attitude and approach, I would say the Spanish royals have endeared themselves tremendously to the Spanish public. And also staying scandal-free has helped a lot.

But all this said in mind, I understand that the Spanish monarchy is shaky and not as stable as the Danish or Swedish monarchy.

Well, I don't live in Spain, but I have a lot of family that does and I visit Spain annually. I have a lot of friends in Spain too. My experience has been that Spaniards are NOT vehemently anti-monarchy, nor, might I add, are they vehemently pro-monarchy. As long as the royal family behaves well and continues to be a credit to Spain, serving as roaming diplomats and promotors of its culture and goods, they will be embraced. Juan Carlos is appreciated for his role in bringing democracy to Spain (enough that they forgive him his well known pecadillos), Queen Sophia is respected for her discretion and her "saber estar", and Felipe is generally well regarded.

My family members have also told me that, while there are certainly some people who don't like Letizia--either because she is divorced or not royal--in general Letizia has been well received.

To really understand the monarchy's role and place in modern day Spain one need go no further than King Juan Carlos himself who famously said to his son that they must "earn" their place "every day."

The monarchy may not be as entrenched in Spanish society as it is in England, but my experience is that there is hardly a revolutionary "off-with-their-heads" republicanism as our eager poster would suggest.

I think King Juan Carlos' quote is not only very accurate but also very "down-to-earth". I think his quote had make more people respect him not only as a King but also as a "modern ceremonial head of state". Hope that Prince Felipe can learn much form the King.

1074047269_extras_fotos_del_dia_0.jpg

ACCIDENTE EN GUATEMALA | El automóvil en el que se desplazaba el Príncipe de Asturias, Felipe de Borbón, por la capital de Guatemala ha sufrido leves desperfectos al chocar con el vehículo que le antecedía, que frenó durante un atasco.
:eek: :huh:

"GUATEMALA (AFP) - Prince Felipe left unharmed a happened traffic accident Tuesday to the south of the Guatemalan capital, where he is of visit to attend the taking of possession of the elect president, Óscar Berger. Four vehicles were involved in the mishap, that a member of the Real House described as insignificant in declarations to the AFP.

"As soon as it has been a small incident. The Prince has changed of automobile and he even arrived with time very well at the anticipated activity in the National Museum of Modern Art ", said the mentioned source, that he diminished the happened thing. "So it does not mean anything, that the Prince has continued with his agenda and right now Opening is reunited with president (salient) Alfonso".

In the meantime, an official of Polici'a Nacional Civil (PNC) said that the collision involved three official vehicles, including one of the security assigned to the heir of the Spanish throne, and the limousine in which this one traveled. "In spite of the magnitude of the mishap, he did not undergo blows nor injuries", he added the police.

One of the other three vehicles belonged to the Ministry of Communications, another one to the National Institute of Electrificacio'n (INDE) and third, to the Secretariat of Administrative Subjects and Presidential Security. Felipe de Borbón arrived at night at Guatemala of Monday"

;)

Attachments

• felipe.JPG
    felipe.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 351
A reception for Diplomats on January 22:

Attachments

• IML_9612701A.jpg
    IML_9612701A.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 284
(Getty Images) RONCESVALLES, SPAIN: Prince Felipe arrives at the Roncesvalles monastery, 9 February 2004, during the inauguration of the Xacobeo Year in the northern Spanish village of Roncesvalles, where the Spanish Santiago de Compostella route begins.

Arrival at Roncesvalles Monastery, 1

Arrival at Roncesvalles Monastery, 2

RONCESVALLES, SPAIN: Prince Felipe of Spain talks to regional government presidents of the Spanish regions on the route of the Santiago de Compostella path 09 February 2004 during the inauguration of the "Xacobeo Year" in the northern Spanish village of Roncesvalles.

Roncesvalles Monastery, 1

Roncesvalles Monastery, 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom