Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 9: June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carlota said:
i just noticed she dressed in red the other time she went to viana as well...

This is just a wild guess, but I think that the red of Letizia's outfits last year and this year has something to do with Navarra, it is the color of their flag or something like it.

I remember reading last year that they were very pleased to see Letizia paying such a tribute. But please, I can be totally wrong here. Anyhow, I'll do a search around to see if I'm correct.

post number 1500!

Congrats on your 1500th post Anna! Here are some pics from Terra today.

Attachments

• 71f97c9564c99g.jpg
    71f97c9564c99g.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 349
  • 71f97c9600e1fg.jpg
    71f97c9600e1fg.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 368
  • 71f97c9595437g.jpg
    71f97c9595437g.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 71f97c959a57bg.jpg
    71f97c959a57bg.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 570
how can you see the pics of terra in their web?

carlota said:
how can you see the pics of terra in their web?

Go to this site actualidad.terra.es. On the side there is a box "buscar en el canal". Change where it says "noticias" to "fotos" and then type in what you want to search for.

F&L AT THE PRIZE "PRINCE OF VIANA" OF CULTURE 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more from diariodenavarra.com

Attachments

• 2005061618151084_300.jpg
    2005061618151084_300.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 447
  • 2005061619143751_300.jpg
    2005061619143751_300.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 500
  • 20050616151524831_300.jpg
    20050616151524831_300.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 384
  • 20050616163258901_300.jpg
    20050616163258901_300.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 390
  • 20050616174741721_300.jpg
    20050616174741721_300.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 20050616174741722_300.jpg
    20050616174741722_300.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 706
The other pictures posted by lapopdiva

http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/javier_manterola_premio_principe_viana_355986.htm

Javier Manterola received today the Prize Prince of Viana of Culture 2005 from the hands of Don Felipe de Borbón, Prince of Asturias and Viana, who emphasized the eagerness of technique and culture, as well as the educational activity of this engineer of Pamplona, and defined him as 'a fundamental art creator of our days, in Spain and all around the world’.

The Prince and his wife, Doña Letizia, went today to the Monastery of Leyre, to give the greatest award granted by the Navarrese Council to the Culture. The Princes arrived at the Monastery at 11:30 a.m., fifteen minutes after the initially planned, and they were received by the Navarrese authorities.

On the outskirt, there were tens of people who applauded and cheered the Princes, when getting out of the car.

Felipe gave then the prize to Javier Manterola. During his speech, Don Felipe expressed his wish that this Prize would serve Manterola 'as a stimulus to continue exerting his excellent creative and didactic activity, designing new forms agreed with the changing spirit of our society and opening new ways towards the future’. That is 'drawing up new bridges to fortify Peace, concord, progress and solidarity, as ideals shared by all the Humankind'. In this sense, he stressed that the award, besides reflecting 'the recognition of the Navarrese people, towards the citizens of this generous noble land, who excel in the arts, science and humanities, we are also gather here to remember and to pay tribute to Kings of Navarre’; an act that 'fills us with emotion and pride’.

After this act, which was brightened up by the Choral of Pamplona, the Princes made an offering to the Kings of Navarre: a crown of flowers and a box with another gift that the Government of Navarre gave, during the mass, to the Benedictine community of Leyre.

After the mass (which took place at the abbey), the Princes, along with Miguel Sanz and the community of the Monastery, approached the tomb of the Kings of Navarre, and Don Felipe deposited a branch of red flowers with a legend saying 'TRH the Princes of Asturias and Viana’.

Afterwards they signed the honour book, at the library of the monastery, where Don Felipe and Doña Letizia also received from the Government of Navarre a silver reproduction of a Muslim piece that is kept in Leyre and which constitutes one of the most excellent treasures of the historical patrimony of this Community. Furthermore, the Government also presented the Princes with a book reuniting fragments of the correspondence that San Francisco Xabier wrote in Japan, in Castilian, English and Japanese.

Finally, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia chatted with the monks of the Benedictine community of Leyre and went to tha garden, to take a wine with the other guests.

At the last act of the program, the Princes presided over a lunch that the Government of Navarre offered in their honour and which was attended by eighty guests, among them Javier Manterola, the Prize Prince of Viana of Culture 2005.

"We do not want to know if it's a Boy or a Girl until it's Born"

The Princes received the congratulation of the guests for her pregnancy. Doña Letizia was relaxed and very atent with all the people who asked to her for her state.
2005061702075113_300.jpg

Doña Letizia comments with the children of the school of Leyre the drawings that they gave to her and that had done for the occasion. -

TEXTO: M.J.E. FOTOS: Sesma/Goñi.
IF the last year were by the wedding, this year has been by the pregnancy. The case is that all the guests to the act of delivery of the prize Prince of Viana had a reason to congratulate the Princes. "we do not want to know if he is a boy or a girl until it is born", they confessed during the appetizer that closed the act.

The congratulations were mixed with the interest by the state of health of Doña Letizia. And more after many presents appreciated the pallor(palidez) of her face during the mass of tribute to the Kings of Navarre, mainly at the moment of the floral offering when intense whiffs of incense smoke arrived to Doña Letizia.

"My wife also has had annoyances in the eyes", said Javier Muñoz, public prosecutor head of the Superior Court of Justice of Navarre, to Doña Letizia during the appetizer before her hardship by the reiterated questions of the guests on her state of health and the mentioned moment.

RELAX

Doña Letizia chose for the act a red jacket of French sleeve and crude skirt with top of point to the tone. She completed the set with purse and shoes of opened heel to game, also in crude. In addition to the ring and a small clock, Doña Letizia took a pendant with a brilliant cross.

The Princess was more relaxed this year than during the delivery of the prize Prince of Viana of 2004. That was the first official act that Doña Letizia presided over as Princess and noticed in her continuous demands to Don Felipe.

In this occasion, nevertheless, during the act of delivery of the prize she remained leaning upon in the armchair, with the hands in the lap most of the time, although in several occasions one leaned in the forearm with the hand in the chin, a gesture that is characteristic in her. Doña Letizia did not doubt at the time of rising to salute to the awarded one and the hair was fixed enough, considering that the wind did not let mess up to her hair .

As it comes being habitual, she interchanged secrets and smiles with her husband after each speech. When the finishing, Don Felipe, always kind to his wife, gathered the branch of flowers that the Princess had deposited in the ground so that her wife did not crouch herself.

The appetizer

Once concluded the official acts the Princes moved until a carp to participate in a appetizer with the guests. The Prince chose beer and Doña Letizia Coca-Cola to drink and both declined to take aperitives.

The Princes maintained a brief and animated conversation with several journalists who went to cover the act.

How are you caring you pregnancy Doña Letizia?

Very good.
You have feel badly during the the mass due to the smoke of the incense?
- I am well,it has not bothered to me more than to the others. Only a little but by which it has nothing to do with the pregnancy. -(Príncipe Felipe, between laughter) Was enough smoke. It seems that their hand has gone away a little with the incense.
They already know if it's a boy or a girl?
- No. As other many parents we do not want to know if it's she or he until it is born. The important thing is that it comes and that comes well.
Of wichever time are you now?
Of four months and tip.
Has you chosen a jacket of red color again because you comes to navarre?
- the last year I came with a suit from red skirt and jacket and this year has agreed that I have put a red jacket but not by anything in concrete. It has not been deliberate.
How you lived the act yesterday when you pronouced you're first speech?
- It is a responsibility
-(Príncipe Felipe): The truth is that the frame imposed.
But you doña Letizia already had experience by you're work before the camaras
- They are two totally different facets. They correspond at moments different from the life that arrive after making very thought decisions. But it is necessary to make decisions in life. How did you see me?

You (she hurried to answer a guest that followed the conversation) With mantilla was very handsome and the peineta, guapísima.
I think that wasn't what letizia wanted to hear she ask them,( the yournalist) for the speech and this women rush to answer about how she looks.She had better keep her mouth shut
mad.gif

What advice would you give a journalist who begins?
-I'm No longer exert as a journalist and I do not like to advise.

The conversation was finishing, since they had invited that hoped to salute to them. Nevertheless, they wanted to know if the journalists had children. Only one said that she had family and, in addition, twins "How you arranges to be mother with the work", Doña Letizia asked to her. "As she can", she answered. In any case, "it is necessary to animate yourself", he prince Felipe said .

The sisters Carmen and Mª Puy Zunzarren wanted to participate to the pair of their enhorabuena. "we have commented to Doña Letizia that our sister, Ana Zunzarren, worked with her in Efe agency", they commented.

Between greetings and congratulations, the parliamentary group of UPN asked permission to the Prince to take a photo with the pair. "Don Felipe has indicated the photographer of the Real House that does the photo to us. We are contentments because thus we have a memory of this day ", affirmed to the Mª parliamentarian Jose Vidorreta.
http://www.diariodenavarra.es/actua...on=navarra&p=80

Felipe and Letizia so lovely.
Photo from Diario de Navarra:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzg24.jpg
    zzzzzzzzg24.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 364
2005061702075290_300.jpg

Tribute and incense. During the act of tribute to the Kings of Navarre the temple filled of incense of smoke, which slightly affected the Princess who took the hand of her husband and she leaned on him. JAVIER SESMA

2005061702075231_300.jpg
2005061702075295_300.jpg
2005061702075288_300.jpg

Everything a gale. Leyre received to the Princes with a true gale. They underwent all the guests, but specially, as it is possible to be appreciated in the photos, the members of the Band of Trompetas and timbals of the Government and those of the Chorale of Camera of Pamplona. JOSE ANTONIO GOÑI

The peculiar ones saw the Princes "very enamored"

many of them have been going for years in search of a greeting of Don Felipe, and now of doña letizia

leyre. A hundred of people arrivals from the towns of around waited patiently the arrival of Princes de Asturias in the entrance to the monastery of Leyre and they followed to them during all the morning.

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia as soon as they had been gotten off the official vehicle when the peculiar ones began to applaud and to shout. When the Princess received the branch of flowers of hands of Saioa Lopez, girl of Yesa, all ran until the patio of the monastery, place where it would be celebrated, minutes later, the delivery of the prize Prince of Viana, of which they did not want to lose detail.

The smiles of complicity between the pair during the act were constant, specially those of the Prince, who at any moment looked for the glance of his wife. This fact caused very good sensation between the peculiar ones. "them note that very are enamored. Felipe threw each smile to her to Letizia ", a neighbor of Isaba argued, that detected that "the Princess was a little serious". A friend hers, coming from Liédena, talked back that "we can seat if we are pregnant and we got tired, but she no, so she must right to put bad face". They two and their three friends have approached this act from 1997, year in which Prince of Viana to the Pedro physicist gave itself to the prize Miguel Etxenike, also natural of Isaba. "we do not have many more opportunities to see them that close ", explained, "and we only requested that they dedicate a smile to us".

Corpus Jaria, neighbor of Javier who has been attending the delivery of the prize for 10 years, also appreciated the union between the Princes, since "they are done the one for the other". It assured that this time "I have been able to give the hand to Letizia. The bodyguards did not let to her approach, but she has stopped herself and come ", indicated. "it has been a second, but a second that is worth much", she clarified.

For the group of neighbors of Yesa formed by Mercedes, Isabel, Begoña and Jesus, to go to the delivery of this prize suppose, after six years, "a tradition". All were in agreement in that Letizia Ortiz "is to the height of the circumstances and it seems well to us that is journalist", because, "if the monarchy is not modernized, we are grasped". Also, the elegance and beauty of the Princess also motivated the unamimity in this group, who, asked for their red suit responded that "I do not believe that she has put it thinking about Navarre, since always she takes something red", assured Begoña. In any case, Jesus thought that, to the margin of the color, "she is more handsome with skirt than with trousers".

All tried to approach the Princes, but it was impossible to them to reach them. "we had already liked to give them a pair of kisses, but while the Princess took a branch in a hand and to Felipe in the other, there has been no form". As far as the for baby who waits Doña Letizia, Begoña expressed her desire of a girl , like Isabel, that argued that the princess "is a professional, and that is well. Now it must be born a girl who is to be queen ".

Begoña took advantage of the moment to also think on the children of Infant Cristina, of those who she said that "they are very handsome; they do not seem Borbones, are rather Basque ", valued. >
http://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/ed...ul76.327155.php

Attachments

• aa3.jpg
    aa3.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 302
  • aa5.jpg
    aa5.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 281
  • aa4.jpg
    aa4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 350
lapopdiva said:
- How did you see me?
(she hurried to answer a guest that followed the conversation)

- You were very handsome with mantilla and peineta.

(I think that wasn't what letizia wanted to hear. She asked the journalist about the speech and this women rush to answer about how she looks. She had better keep her mouth shut)
mad.gif
I completely agree with you, Lapopdiva... what a poor figure that journalist cut for herself!... So many tings she could observe about the speech and Letizia's performance, and she only has an opinion about how handsome she looked... :rolleyes:

I don't know if it is a language thing but Letizia seems to come across as uptight.

Like the question she was asked on the previous page, asking if she had any advice for wannabe journalists. She was one for many years and becoming a Princess does not mean she has forgotten all about that time. She should have given a helpful answer, even if it was something like "love what you do and work hard". It would have been something.

I just find her answers and the way she communicates very uptight and stuffy.

Could be very wrong but it is just my opinion.

EmmieLou said:
I don't know if it is a language thing but Letizia seems to come across as uptight.

Like the question she was asked on the previous page, asking if she had any advice for wannabe journalists. She was one for many years and becoming a Princess does not mean she has forgotten all about that time. She should have given a helpful answer, even if it was something like "love what you do and work hard". It would have been something.

I just find her answers and the way she communicates very uptight and stuffy.

Could be very wrong but it is just my opinion.

The problem is that the journalists always are with the same. After year and means, they continue it asking, has been gotten to say that it wanted to return to work like journalist. I do not know if Mary they ask to her if lawyer misses being, or to Maxima to work in a company. Letizia was journalist, but no longer is it, and the journalists must be accustomed to that.

I agree with you, Lula. Letizia does not deny her past career (which she constructed by herself and with a remarkable strength), and she already proved many times (especially, when she visits newspaper offices) that she's dealing very well with her life change. She's adapted herself to her new duties in a very pacific way, with the total support of his lovely husband, and thus with no traumas, nor regrets.
If Letizia started giving advices about her career as a journalist, it would be more difficult to disconnect her image from the anchorwoman that everybody knew. She's not a journalist anymore, and so I think sometimes it's even a bit rude that the journalists insistently ask her about the time when she was one of them...
In my humble opinion, she acted how she should act. I'm sure she would most certainly be criticised, if she started answering questions about how it is being a journalist...

But then again, that’s just my opinion too.

I agree with Elsa and Lula.

Letizia must/has to be very very carefull about advices or remarks that she makes.
Because everything she does is Zoomed (I invented this word now) by her fans but also by the people that doesn't like her.
For ex. if she said "I miss being a reporter it's great" the next day Peñafiel and some magazines would publish "Letizia Embaraza y Infeliz"/"Pregnant Letizia is unhappy" and they would be in it for weeks showing all images where she looked more serious.
If she said "No I don't miss it at all" the next day they would say that she was renegating her past blá blá blá. If she gave an advice but in a certain time she didn't follow it, the images or sentences would be in the press two minutes after she give the advice.

So low-profile is the best in this new "job" of her

(off-topic: I think Mary and Letizia know this very well (Maxima has, for me, another attitude) - they are both very conscient of the "size" of every move, of every expression, of every quote they make)...

The Spanish Royal Family tend to behave like that. Only The King sometimes jumps protocol and rules but we are used to him being more informal...

Regards!

http://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/ediciones/2005/06/17/mirarte/cultura/d17cul72.327139.php

The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón and Doña Letizia Ortiz, spent almost 24 hours in Navarre. Differently of what usually happens, this time they did not arrive at the Monastery of Leyre by helicopter, perhaps due to the pregnancy of the Princess. The Princes decided to spend the previous night in Yesa, where they arrived coming from Logroño, after participating in the acts of the XXV anniversary the Civil Guard’s Unit of Rural Action (UAR), where Doña Letizia pronounced her first speech in an official act. The couple chose to travel by car to Yesa, concretely to a hotel next to the Monastery, where they arrived around six o’clock in the afternoon of Wednesday.

After a short stroll by the environs, they had supper at the hotel and retired to rest.

In the morning, they travelled by car to the Monastery of Leyre, in order to preside over the delivery of the Prize Prince of Viana of Culture to Javier Manterola.

At 4:30 p.m., they went to Noáin, where got an airplane back to Madrid.

On Monday the Prince and Princess will be in France at the Wine Exporters Expo.

On Tuesday they will be in Guadalajara for the unveiling of the first annual Environmental Sustainability report (a HUGE issue right now as Spain and Portugual are both suffering masssive droughts this year--worse in some 60 years--and water and the use of water is one of the biggest poltical/economic issues in Spain.)

The article (very odd web-based translation; sorry, not time to fix).

http://es.news.yahoo.com/050617/4/4477b.html

The Princes of Asturias attend on Tuesday presentation of the I Report of Sustainability in Pastrana (Guadalajara)

GUADALAJARA, 17 Jun. (EUROPE PRESS)
Their Royal Heighnesses the Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, accompanied by the minister of the Environment, Cristina Narbona, will preside over the next Tuesday, day 21, in the Palace Ducal de Pastrana (Guadalajara) the act of presentation of the first Report of Sustainability (Report of Spring 2005). One is an advance of documents on the situation and perspective of progress in the matter of sustainability that will annually generate Publicity recently created Observatory of the Sustainability in Spain (IT DARES). This Report of Spring will occur to know during the second trimester of every year, informed the Ministry. The Observatory of the Sustainability in Spain (IT DARES), is an independent organism, which they impel the Ministry of Medio.ambiente, the Foundation Biodiversity and the General Foundation of the University of Alcala de Henares, created in February of 2005 like fruit of the commitment to reach a model of sustainable development that considers economic, territorial the aspects, of environmental improvement and social justice and that guarantees the conservation of our natural patrimony and the improvement of the quality of life of the citizens.

From contrapress, with school children who had gifted the with drawings:

Attachments

• 6326311.jpg
    6326311.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 6326312.jpg
    6326312.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 6326313.jpg
    6326313.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 290
  • 6326314.jpg
    6326314.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 325
  • 6326315.jpg
    6326315.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 290
Another photo from yesterday in Navarre.

From CanalSpain:

Attachments

• viana7.jpg
    viana7.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 260
I have already seen that the week that comes they are going to have many acts. By the way, Friday 24 is the Onomástica of the King so probably there will be reception in Zarzuela.

lula said:
I have already seen that the week that comes they are going to have many acts. By the way, Friday 24 is the Onomástica of the King so probably there will be reception in Zarzuela.
What's Onomastica of the King again?

planetcher said:
What's Onomastica of the King again?
It's the King's Saint Day (St. John/Juan), which is celebrated on June 24th.

Elsa M. said:
It's the King's Saint Day (St. John/Juan), which is celebrated on June 24th.
Anyone know if the whole family will be atttending like they did last year?

marezdote said:
Lunes, 20 de junio de 2005[font=Verdana,Arial]INAUGURACIÓN DE LA FERIA MUNDIAL DEL VINO "VINEXPO"
Burdeos
[/font]

i really found weird that they accepted this event. it's not in spain, not because of something spanish and spain isn't that important in wine production. i really dont know why their appearence there is so important having much more interesting and appropiate things that they rejected doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom