Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 56: October 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!! Almagro is a very pretty small town which is about 20 km from my city! I bet the almagreños have had the surprise of their lives!

It seems they have had a drink and tapas in a bar at the main square, I always have it when I visit the place, and they´re pretty good!;)

I hope they´ve brought the infantitas to the Theatre Museum, which is very funny (I visited it when I was 12, and loved it).

They could visit my parents´home town as well, which is about 50 km and is the second most beautiful place in the area after Almagro. I think the town´s people would be talking about the visit for years!:lol:

Lovely images of the family. I love the little addition of the dolly too!

They are indeed a beautiful family, and I love the fact that from time to time they share family moments with the public . . . I just feel for the little infantas, it seems like every time they are in front of the cameras they are not themselves but rather like they have been scripted, is this the same with other royal children? perhaps is their age . . . They are just beautiful!

Last edited:
Lovely photos of the ASturias family :previous:

Leonor and Sofia are not used to dozens of cameras flashing around them at this kind of situation, when they are walking at a street, of course they look amazed.

Photos
http://i.promecal.es/IMG/2013/FCA880D9-A1A8-D99A-ECC30C38DC40B175.JPG
http://i.promecal.es/IMG/2013/FCAA0C4E-9FFF-1632-54A6AB72C4BC528F.JPG
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179005_386520581455036_577795733_n.jpg

They will step up these outings now, for image reasons and because it's time to do it, Felipe was a similar age when he started his public life. It will be the same for Amalia of the Netherlands who becomes Crown Princess in May.

While Leonor looks pretty comfortable, Sofia doesnt seem to like the attention.

So far, all "private" outings like this one have been carefully choreographed, the girls look very instructed what to do. There is nothing spontaneous about it. When looking at the video, the amount of security officers is quite telling.

Duke, in this case it was a completely private visit, the villagers were those who through twitter issued the news and published images. These are the things that happen in small villages, news spread fast and it is difficult for a visit so illustrious go unnoticed. A few years ago without cell phones with Internet and twitter, we had not known.

Duke, in this case it was a completely private visit, the villagers were those who through twitter issued the news and published images. These are the things that happen in small villages, news spread fast and it is difficult for a visit so illustrious go unnoticed. A few years ago without cell phones with Internet and twitter, we had not known.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that this visit was somehow leaked to the press to get attention. I meant that internally, this visit was well prepared & choreographed, with the girls, security etc.

As a commoner and even if I was a royal I would educate my children to behave properly in public places, its very rude and embarresing to let children go wild in public. Thats the education I received from my parents, to behave and respect others and theres nothing robotic about it, I never felt suffocated at all, because when I was at home I would play with my toys and play with my brother other sort of games and do other things children do.
I never ever once thought the Infantas public reaction was staged, they were educated as I and many children did, and not to mention that when they were younger they were more "active" in the public eye, now they're more grown-up to understand what their parents tell them.

So far, all "private" outings like this one have been carefully choreographed, the girls look very instructed what to do. There is nothing spontaneous about it. When looking at the video, the amount of security officers is quite telling.
The girls are well-behaved and this does not have anything to do with spontaneity. As to security, that is part of their lives.

Chuchu and kathia, I agree with you both about the Infantitas behaviour.

When I read the complains about the lack of spontaneity from them in front of the cameras, just because they aren´t running around and making faces to the cameras as other royal children, I always think that if it were the 6-years-old me who did that in front of my mother, I would have got a scolding and told to behave properly :lol:
And I´m not traumatized, for sure :flowers:

There´s nothing wrong with telling your children how they have to behave in public, in fact in my opinion that´s what "educate" means... Well, each of us has a point of view, I guess ;)

When I read the complains about the lack of spontaneity from them in front of the cameras, just because they aren´t running around and making faces to the cameras as other royal children, I always think that if it were the 6-years-old me who did that in front of my mother, I would have got a scolding and told to behave properly :lol:

There´s nothing wrong with telling your children how they have to behave in public, in fact in my opinion that´s what "educate" means... Well, each of us has a point of view, I guess ;)
I agree with you and the previous posters as well. Any child that has not been taught how to behave is at a disadvantage and will eventually have to learn it anyway and then from people simply fed up with the bad behaviour. The behaviour of the Infantas may look as if scripted simply because it probably is. Any responsible parent will spend time talking about how to behave and what to do or say. I am sure the little girls have plenty of time in school and at home to play and have fun.

I agree, I just wish more parents took the time to teach their little darlings good manners and how to behave in public. Failing to do so just makes it harder for the child later in life.

When my children were little, we practiced everything. How to sit still in a movie, church, theatre or anyother place. We sat at the table and practiced eating properly. They did not always respond as I wished, but since 3 of them had ADHD it worled quite well. At least I could take them places without being ashamed.

The girls are well-behaved and this does not have anything to do with spontaneity. As to security, that is part of their lives.

It's impossible to "choreograph" the behaviour of a 7 and 5 year old as any mother would know. I can't predict the behaviour of my teen, no matter how many warnings I give him, let alone expecting him to behave the way I wanted when he was a child just because I said so.

These girls are well behaved in public because they have the love, security and an obvious understanding of what's going on. Sofia is still having a hard time with all the cameras. Leonor has always had something special about her ...and even this time she was seen pulling her mom away.

Felipe and Letizia are doing a fabulous job with the girls. They are giving them the privacy they need as children, while exposing them to large crowds to give them a taste of what's to come.
"
The next one is a picture of Leonor having enough. By the way, this is a twitter photograph. The woman twitted "Letizia is lovely"

hsnwo1.jpg

Next is a picture of Leonor interacting with another girl

ivz43m.jpg

and a video of the visit...

Reproductor | COPE - Información, análisis y radio online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom