Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 54: February - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for me the spanish royals, especially Felipe and Letizia, are one of the most interesting royals, because they take their position and job seriously. I don´t care about their clothes so much, I like to read and see what kind of work they do and which things they are interested in. They are far more interesting than some more glamourous royals, who step in once a week to show their best clothes.

You stop it with your logic and rationale and clear thinking :flowers:

I totally agree with everything that you just said. I think their are some people who have never liked Letizia/do not like Letizia/and will never like her. There'll always be something to complain about, unfortunately. She's a good mother and wife and does a lot of engagements- so we'll talk about her wardrobe.

You stop it with your logic and rationale and clear thinking :flowers:

I totally agree with everything that you just said. I think their are some people who have never liked Letizia/do not like Letizia/and will never like her. There'll always be something to complain about, unfortunately. She's a good mother and wife and does a lot of engagements- so we'll talk about her wardrobe.

I find Letizia and Felipe committed to their work as representatives of the Spanish Crown. They are educated, modern and as close to the people as they can. Please watch the video and see how many security details are following them, because of the threat of terrorists and others. She has a serious expression because this is a serious ocassion. I agree with both of you. Again I want to thank the people who are always posting the pictures. I visit TRF and enjoyed watching my favorite royals.:flowers:

Well, for me the spanish royals, especially Felipe and Letizia, are one of the most interesting royals, because they take their position and job seriously. I don´t care about their clothes so much, I like to read and see what kind of work they do and which things they are interested in. They are far more interesting than some more glamourous royals, who step in once a week to show their best clothes.

Thank you LadyFinn, that is my feeling exactly. By the way the video I was referring to is the one of their visit to Hamburg, Germany.

Impressions matter. Felipe makes a good one, but unfortunately Letizia hasn't the last several years. I don't dislike her. I'm sure she's a lovely person, but when I look at her I don't see someone who is taking their job or position seriously. Not when she shows up at an event such as this, dressed as if she were some random person plucked out of the crowd and plopped down in a chair to sit next to the heir to the Spanish throne. Her sunglasses doesn't matter to me. I'd rather see someone in sunglasses than squinting through an event, but her attitude and how she presents herself, and the family she is in, does.

Princess Letzia appears to put a lot of effort in carrying out her role as a public servant in the many functions she attends and attentions demanded of her; I think sometimes we place too much emphasis on fashion; however, I must say after seeing her recent appearances she appears too informal and careless in her choice of clothing. Perhaps from time to time she wishes to give a rest to her tired feet, the significant difference between their heights makes even more obvious when she wears flats versus high heels. For the most part I think she has shown over time a discreet and favorable style. I sure hope that continues!

Princess Letzia appears to put a lot of effort in carrying out her role as a public servant in the many functions she attends and attentions demanded of her; I think sometimes we place too much emphasis on fashion; however, I must say after seeing her recent appearances she appears too informal and careless in her choice of clothing. Perhaps from time to time she wishes to give a rest to her tired feet, the significant difference between their heights makes even more obvious when she wears flats versus high heels. For the most part I think she has shown over time a discreet and favorable style. I sure hope that continues!
i TOTALLY AGREE!
some can say she is the worst dressed european crown princess,(and sometimes she is) but she is the most hard-working!
i quite like when she dresses pretty nicely, with skirts and dresses, but whats more important to her role as princess, its her fashion or her duties? she is very dedicated to her princess life and role, thats what we should valorize

[//QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. This is the reason I follow the Spanish royals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I admire Letizia greatly. But I do scratch my head when she shows up at events most inappropriately dressed. Funny thing is cliche says that non-royal brides will let the "being royal" get into their heads and overindulge in clothes or "will not know how to be royal" and dress trashly, showing lots of flesh, overt glamor etc. With Leti, it is neither. She dresses conservatively, but very poorly. These pants are so ill-stitched, they should be burnt.

What puzzles me is where is Felipe and where are her/his support staff. When he enters her bedroom, dressed to nines and sees her dressed like this, does he not speak and tell her to change her dress? Isn't this what most couples do? What about their secretaries? What about the queen?

Hello? Is someone awake in the palace?

What puzzles me is where is Felipe and where are her/his support staff. When he enters her bedroom, dressed to nines and sees her dressed like this, does he not speak and tell her to change her dress? Isn't this what most couples do? What about their secretaries? What about the queen?

Hello? Is someone awake in the palace?

Perhaps the event isn't big enough for them to stay awake :cool:. Zarzuela did check on her wardrobe before. When Putin visited Spain, Letizia didn't place her sash over the shoulder (in fact Elena had done the same quite a few times), next time she wore the same green gown from Caprile, she had to alter the lovely top to boring V-neck, had her sash placed over her shoulder.

I think dressing herself is one of the very few issues Letizia still has control of. Coming from an opposite background, she was and still is being told what to do in almost any aspect of her life. Maybe dressing like a slob shows the rebellious streak in her and telling her how to dress would be the last straw.

I do not question that Letizia is fullfilling her role, but the restrictions that go with it dont suit her character at all. I think she would be a "natural" as CP in a more liberal country but not in Spain. When I look at her I always think that she underestimated the magnitude of the institution, it has already drained her in only a few years. But the job is a life sentence and it shows. Sad, really.

I do not question that Letizia is fullfilling her role, but the restrictions that go with it dont suit her character at all. I think she would be a "natural" as CP in a more liberal country but not in Spain. When I look at her I always think that she underestimated the magnitude of the institution, it has already drained her in only a few years. But the job is a life sentence and it shows. Sad, really.

Spain is not conservative, only the institution running by JC is old fashioned and conservative. It's hard to make a change when the average age of the employees is 60+. I think it's not easy for Felipe either.
Anyway, I think Letizia's personal situation has improved the last 2 years, can only get better in the future. The Asturian couple are going to have a bigger role, that's the trend, it's not possible to suppress it.

Spain is not conservative, only the institution running by JC is old fashioned and conservative. It's hard to make a change when the average age of the employees is 60+. I think it's not easy for Felipe either.

sorry, this is what I meant - not a more liberal country but a more liberal monarchy.

Anyway, I think Letizia's personal situation has improved the last 2 years, can only get better in the future. The Asturian couple are going to have a bigger role, that's the trend, it's not possible to suppress it.

I am not sure ... certainly the roles will get bigger but also the strains and restrictions, they wont go ... in the future, the sensitive topic of the daughters will come up, the institution & media will get hold of especially Leonor, one of the other few things that Letizia still has control of.

If you would like to discuss Princess Letizia's fashion, please do it in the
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion, Part 20
Thread
or since many think it was inappropriate, then you can also discuss it in the
Are these outfits suitable for official events?
Thread

Spain is in the middle of an economic cataclysm.

It would be more than their lives are worth to invest in new wardrobes!

Felipe & Letizia are amongst the hardest working Royals in Europe,I will always admire them for that.

I think dressing herself is one of the very few issues Letizia still has control of. Coming from an opposite background, she was and still is being told what to do in almost any aspect of her life. Maybe dressing like a slob shows the rebellious streak in her and telling her how to dress would be the last straw.

I do think you are onto something. It is sad, because in the end it makes her look bad.

I do think you are onto something. It is sad, because in the end it makes her look bad.
I too think that there might be something there. But, the fact remains that her life now is one of service to the country of Spain. And she and Felipe do a great job serving their country, it's just that she has to perform that job in the confines of the 'royal house'. Protocal, rules, regulations, timetables - that is all a part of the job now. And just so happens that this job is her life, no real escaping.

sorry, this is what I meant - not a more liberal country but a more liberal monarchy.

I am not sure ... certainly the roles will get bigger but also the strains and restrictions, they wont go ... in the future, the sensitive topic of the daughters will come up, the institution & media will get hold of especially Leonor, one of the other few things that Letizia still has control of.

Felipe only had a couple of assistants before he got married, had little voice in the media either. Now he has a core team of 10-12, although Zarzuela is still his Daddy's, Felipe has gained much power and influence in Zarzuela and media the last few years IMO. I definitely see gradually less restrictions. Even the boss wants to impose more restrictions, it might not work since a certain trend can't be suppressed any more.
Anyway, I think she needs some professional advise when she dresses out of her 'comfort zone' as I said in the fashion subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom