Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 51: January - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madrid should have got the 2012 Olympics to begin with. It was a joke that London was given the bid.

It's a shame because they are highly unlikely to get the 2016 Games now, it will probably go to Tokyo or Chicago.

As someone who lives near Chicago, I must say that I am partial to their bid for the 2016 games. However, I wish Spain the best of luck. I'm sure that Felipe and Letizia made a good impression on the group. Does anyone know if they both spoke, or just Felipe?

Only Felipe made the speech. The others at the cocktail party divided into groups talking to the evaluation committe members. Infanta Pilar's son Bruno and daughter Simoneta were also there.

El Príncipe Felipe explica a la delegación del COI que toda España está detrás de Madrid 2016. europapress.es

Madrid should have got the 2012 Olympics to begin with. It was a joke that London was given the bid.

It's a shame because they are highly unlikely to get the 2016 Games now, it will probably go to Tokyo or Chicago.

I agree. Madrid should host the 2016 Olympic Games, however, I do believe that Tokyo is a strong candidate. I am not amaze of London's performance during the finale of the Beijing Olympics. Compared to Beijing, London's was pretty boring with Leona Lewis singing :rolleyes:. I'm rooting for Madrid and Tokyo!!!!:D

Can we have a better picture of Letizia's purple dress?

Not sure where you are coming from - Madrid didn't even make it to the final round of voting for 2012 - Paris was considered the front runner but was defeated by London. London did a fantastic pitch headed by Lord Coe but I agree with madeleine victoria that their presentation in Beijing was a disgrace.

These days the public is not so enthusiastic about being awarded the Olympics any more. There is a lot of cost, especially felt in the economic downturn. Plus, many locals have to endure the inconvieniences in the build up and finally can't even afford a ticket.

Good luck to Madrid because they would provide a fantastic atmosphere for the Olympic Summer Games and as a Eurpean citizen I will appreciate the TV coverage during DAYtime :) I just feel that Chicago will have better chances for various reasons (another continent, Obama-factor).

The Prince and Princess deliver today in Cordoba the Prizes of Design

The Prince and Princess will visit today Cordoba to do delivery of the National Prizes of Design 2008 that organizes the Department of Science and Innovation and the BCD Barcelona Center of Design and that nowadays they constitute the highest award that is granted in Spain to a path to designers who emphasize for their professional labor and to companies that they use the design successfully in the strategy of innovation.
Los Príncipes entregan hoy en Córdoba los Premios de Diseño - Local - www.diariocordoba.com

i wouldn't say madrid is the most appropriate candidate. i would like it to be madrid, but i think other cities deserve it better. brazil, for example, never hosted any games, while at the same time we are hosting the 2012 ones in london, so i guess some other continent deserves to do them afterwards. besides, it's scorching hot in madrid in the summer! although they are the only city who placed a bet both for 2012 and 2016, so maybe they will see their eagerness. that said, i don't know which city has the best or most facilities or is preparing for it the best. let the best one win.

coming back to letizia and felipe, i'm glad they are visiting cordoba. it's such a beautiful place.

Last edited:
She's wonderful!! love her new dress: so modern!!

Hope to see more pics!

Not sure where you are coming from - Madrid didn't even make it to the final round of voting for 2012 - Paris was considered the front runner but was defeated by London. London did a fantastic pitch headed by Lord Coe but I agree with madeleine victoria that their presentation in Beijing was a disgrace.

When New York was out, all the countries who previously voted New York sided with London the next round, that helped eliminating Madrid narrowly. ZP lost a political battle, but his government and the Spanish press had Prince Albert as a scapegoat for questioning the security of Madrid because of March 11th :rolleyes:. But all those countries probably had already decided whom to vote before heading to Singapore (before Albert's question) :cool:.

When New York was out, all the countries who previously voted New York sided with London the next round, that helped eliminating Madrid narrowly. ZP lost a political battle, but his government and the Spanish press had Prince Albert as a scapegoat for questioning the security of Madrid because of March 11th :rolleyes:. But all those countries probably had already decided whom to vote before heading to Singapore (before Albert's question) :cool:.
yes it's more political than anything else, a fact that what will be in favour of chicago 2016 (especially as zp continues to annoy the us and their allies :whistling:). to be fair, spain already had summer games not too long ago, barcelona 1992, a more obvious reason why they didn't get it back then and probably won't get it now. only from a common sense perspective, other countries and continents should get their chance too.

Audience to the participants in the Global Program Executive MBA (GEMBA), which organizes ESADE and the University of Georgetown
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/genteycult...os-participantes-en-el-programa-mba$599x0.jpg

Audience to the maximums responsible for the National Commissions linked to the commemoration of the bicentenaries of the independence of the Latin-American Republics
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/genteycult...oamerica-bicentenarios-iberoamerica$599x0.jpg
http://noticias.terra.es/genteycult...erica-bicentenarios-iberoamerica-00$599x0.jpg

Audience to a representation of the agency Europa Press Notify, S. A. Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/genteycult...icias-agencia-europa-press-noticias$599x0.jpg

PHOTOS PRISMA

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article5501

Letizia must have ordered various colors for these shoes.... so far she has beige and purple colors.....i like her shiny, purple dress...

Thanks a lot for this article LadyFinn, very interesting.
I loved the anecdote of Letizia's birthday on 2003, she wanted to get out early from the gala (that was being broadcasted live) because Felipe was waiting for her to have dinner, and he texted her saying "Im watching you, you're beautiful, kisses" :wub: I wonder how the journalist knew about thaaat?. Who showed it, F or L? :):)

Thanks a lot for this article LadyFinn, very interesting.
I loved the anecdote of Letizia's birthday on 2003, she wanted to get out early from the gala (that was being broadcasted live) because Felipe was waiting for her to have dinner, and he texted her saying "Im watching you, you're beautiful, kisses" :wub: I wonder how the journalist knew about thaaat?. Who showed it, F or L? :):)
With the right soft ware, it is really not all that hard to hack into someone's text messages (especially when the person is viewing the text at the time or message is still on the cell) There are specially shops that specialize in all that type of programs you can download. Believe me, no matter what type of "guards" you have on your personal computers [cells] someone can compromise. I am sure that if wanted, a person could find out the proper name, address and occupation of everyone on this forum within a good day's work. {why I don't know, but it is possible, probably just for kicks} Nothing is 100% even with million dollar companies -- look how many hackers have gotten personal information from people's credit cards, etc. In America, cell phones have lead to most of the problems in identity thefts. A weird world.

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attend FUDEN 20th Anniversary at Palacio de Congresos.
Getty Images

I say it again: Do they never relax?
I like Letizia´s outfit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom