Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 5: February - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna_R said:
Felipe & Letizia today at the Opening of Durero Exhibition at the Prado Museum.

From Colourpress

http://www.colourpress.com/index.cfm?Goto=frontend/fotos/ShowSerie.cfm&nPictureSerieNo=4401

:D **Did you notice that Colourpress pictures now are bigger??**:D

Thanks for the pictures Anna R! Love that the Colourpress pictures are nearly double the size and without the Colourpress logo!

Love Letizia's funky orange shoes! Not quite sure that they go with this outfit (though her tweed suit may have orange in it but I just can't see in these pictures) but they are terrific!

more pics from Getty

Attachments

• 52286558.jpg
    52286558.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 52286650.jpg
    52286650.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 52286657.jpg
    52286657.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 52286660.jpg
    52286660.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 169
  • 52286661.jpg
    52286661.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 52286665.jpg
    52286665.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 159
  • 52286668.jpg
    52286668.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 52286672.jpg
    52286672.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 52286674.jpg
    52286674.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 52286716.jpg
    52286716.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 135
some more...

Cute pic #4, the couple really "into" the art.

Attachments

• 52286720.jpg
    52286720.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 52286727.jpg
    52286727.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 52286718.jpg
    52286718.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 2570128.jpg
    2570128.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Getty has some mor photos from Letizia. I don't post all because many are similar to the ones from wireimage.
It's great that Colourpress has bigger images now. That could have happened earlier ;)
And of course thanks for all the pictures! I also like the orange shoes to her dress.
One question: Why was Elenas husband there, too?

Oh sorry pdas, we wanted to post at the same time :D I remove the pictures.

Last edited:
More pics from Cover.es

Attachments

• CL30897.jpg
    CL30897.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 148
  • CL30898.jpg
    CL30898.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 194
  • CL30899.jpg
    CL30899.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 142
  • CL30900.jpg
    CL30900.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 146
From Casa Real

Attachments

• dure01g.jpg
    dure01g.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 261
wow. these two never stop do they? they always seem to constantly on the move. i think letizia and felipe are long overdue for a well-deserved break.

agisele said:
wow. these two never stop do they? they always seem to constantly on the move. i think letizia and felipe are long overdue for a well-deserved break.

They had a "semi-break" at the Brazil trip, where due to the informality of the surroundings, they too were informal and relaxed. Several pics from the trip show the couple enjoying themselves immensely. That's the most "time off" they can get from the duties, except for weekends, ofcourse, when they usually go skiiing.

pdas1201 said:
Looks wonderful on Letizia, infact, she is looking extremely good since she got back from Brazil.

It's the summer air she got when she was around here.... some sun and heat can do wonders for people:D

BTW, thank you for the pictures, pdas!

Some more photos from yesterday's visit to the exhibition "Durero, Obras Maestras de la Albertina", in the Prado Museum.

First one comes from ImagineScandinavia, the remaining ones are from SeegerPress:

Attachments

• zzzzzzo12.JPG
    zzzzzzo12.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 260
  • zzzzzzo30.JPG
    zzzzzzo30.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 142
  • zzzzzzo31.JPG
    zzzzzzo31.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 230
  • zzzzzzo32.JPG
    zzzzzzo32.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 208
Sorry for posting these now, but I just found them and they are beautiful pics of Letizia from the visit to the Madrid Police Academy. I hope these pics haven't been posted before, if so, pardon me.

Also, you can get a closer look at the jacket. Its beautiful, has intricate work (floral pattern) done on the arms and the collar.

Attachments

• K109926_16.jpg
    K109926_16.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 351
  • K109926_24.jpg
    K109926_24.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 313
  • K109926_31.jpg
    K109926_31.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Also, you can get a closer look at the jacket. Its beautiful, has intricate work (floral pattern) done on the arms and the collar.
Yes, that top-coat is also one of my favourites. The embroidered details give it a much delicate touch (by the way, I think that is one of the most characteristic marks of her wardrobe: there's always a certain delicacy touch through her sober cuts). It perfectly combines the suit, although I must say I preferred the combination she used the first time she wore it, in Asturias.

Last edited:
The Princes Spend The Weekend In Asturias, in company of their grandparents

The pair lodges in the house of Menchu Alvarez del Valle and Jesus Ortiz in the riosellano town of Sardéu Sunday will leave the region course to Madrid.

They have passed little more than two months from their last visit and this weekend they return again to home. Princes de Asturias rest of the official acts of the last weeks in Sardéu, the small town of Ribadesella in which the grandparents live of Doña Letizia, Menchu Alvarez del Valle and Jose Luis Ortiz. If they do not change their plans, they will remain in the region until Sunday.

This new visit to Asturias is already seventh of their Heights Reales since Saturday 1 of November of 2003 the House of the King made public the commitment of the Asturian journalist with the Heir. It is, in addition, sixth that makes with private character thanks to the narrow relation that unites to them with this earth.

RELAX AND HAPPY

It is not stranger that they frequents so much the Principality. Doña Letizia is very united to her grandparents, and in addition both enjoy the freedom and the absence of protocol that they find during their stays deprived in the region.

The first time that they left Madrid to visit the Principality went to the few days to announce their married commitment . Doña Letizia went ahead to her then engaged one to visit her grandparents in the house of Sardéu. On the following day, Don Felipe was added to them, that shared table and table cloth with Menchu and Jose Luis.

The return didn't wait long. The day of the birthday of the Prince, his last one as a single person, they chose Covadonga to return to be together of distendida form. In June they returned, already married, to attend the wedding of the father of Doña Letizia, Jesus Ortiz, with Ana Togores. Two months later wanted to lose themselves and to enjoy the Asturian mountain. They lodged in Sardéu and they at the height of summer made trips by towns of the environs and after passing by the Majorcan palace of Marivent.

Already in October, their official obligations made move them to Oviedo to attend the delivery of the Prizes Prince of Asturias.

At the beginning of January, once concluded the celebrations navideñas, took course to the Principality again to enjoy one espicha in Oviedo in company of the old schoolmates of the Princess and to pass days in family in Sardéu.
http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/pg050312/...IJ-SOC-157.html
asturias1.jpg
asturias2.jpg

Princes de Asturias visit the grandparents of Doña Letizia in Ribadesella

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia arrived at the 11.45 hours to the house that the grandparents of the Princess have in the rural nucleus of Sardeu, five kilometers of Ribadesella, in a vehicle marks BMW that the Prince lead, who like her wife dressed informally.

The arrival of Princes de Asturias was expected from first hours in the morning in the house that the grandparents of the Princess, who permanently was watched over photographers and journalists.

After lowering of the car to the door of the familiar house, the Princes saluted to the informers during minutes and next they entered the house.

Given the deprived character of the trip, one does not know the places that they has predicted to visit the pair today.
184400.jpg

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/inicio/noticia.jsp?CAT=126&TEXTO=100000065513

prince Felipe and princess Letizia in Ribadesella

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia in Ribadesella, Asturias

Last edited:
Ah,that is the LAdy who serve for the Princess or Queen in helping them change dress for example,or going with them on trip to help them make up...

No there are no Ladies in Waiting in Spain, Belgium (I think maybe Queen Fabiola still has one?) and Norway (Princess Astrid still has one), When the royals go on an official visit they are always accompanied by someone, it can be a secretary, an assistant, an aide de camp, a military person or someone that works at the court. When the go on longer trips the recquiers change of clothes and new hairdoes, then they can bring one or more person to help them with that. Ladies in Waiting dont do hair and makeup, the are more like a glorified assistant, often from noble circles, can be recognised by a blue ribbon on their shoulder, their job is really the same as if the royal woman brings an assistant, help with flowers, hold bags, makesure that the time scheduel is kep etc.ec.

Last edited:
Ladies-in-Waiting are basically PA's (Personal Assistants) in today's time.
Denmark still has Lady-in-Waitings. i know that Princesses Mary & Alexandra each have one.

pic of they living sardeu this evening.

Attachments

• 2005-03-13_20_13_30_ppes.jpg
    2005-03-13_20_13_30_ppes.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 244
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom