Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 5: February - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsa M. said:
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/03/31/sociedad/1112266644.html

The Princes of Asturias will not attend the wedding of Charles and Camila, because Felipe has already a previous commitment: the investiture of his intimate friend , the Chilean president Ricardo Lagos, in Salamanca, as doctor honoris causa. According to sources of the Royal House no other member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the ceremony. The reason is that the invitation to the wedding is "personally" directed to Princes of Asturias.
http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20050402180440&tabID=1

The Palace of La Moneda informed today that the president of Chile, Ricardo Lagos, decided to suspend his trip to Europe (which was planned to start this Saturday), due to the illness of his 109 year-old mother, Ema Escobar.

The Governor had planned to visit
Holland, Denmark, Sweden and Spain, accompanied by some ministers and businessmen, on what would be his last visit to the Old Continent as president of Chile.

Lagos was going to be declared doctor honoris causa by the University of Salamanca, in a ceremony that was to count with the presence of the Princes of Asturias.

Last edited:
Anna_R said:
The Imagine Scandinavia versions of the opening
But whta kind of style is this?? Jesus! She has to consult an expert.

rchainho said:
But whta kind of style is this?? Jesus! She has to consult an expert.

May I ask to what you're referring to?

I thought she lloked really nice and seemed to carry herself well. I'm sure it was hard for her to be out and putting on a happy face the day after her grandfather's funeral. I felt it was very appropriate that she wore all black.

blue and black. it is probably wel thought out, completely black too dramatic and too much drawing attention to her own grief and she wants to be there for others and blue too casual?

rchainho said:
i'm refering the colours she uses. Are not combined.

rchainho said:
i'm refering the colours she uses. Are not combined.
Actually, I guess they're combined very well. That's a very chic suit and the bindings of the jacket have the same tone of the skirt. Also the purse has the same combination (i'm not sure if it is black and blue... it seems more black and green to me...). Anyway, I like it very well indeed. :)

Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2218518.htm

The Princes of Asturias shall preside over the inauguration of the First International Encounter with the Imagination Society, that will be celebrated in Mérida (Badajoz), on April 5th and 6th, meeting the greatest world-wide experts in innovation and imaginative projects.
The inaugration of the encounter will take place on Tuesday, April 5th, at 11.30 a.m..

Opening of the Contemporary Art Museum of Castille and Leon (more pics)

Wireimage
Set 1

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 416
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 404
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 412
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 405
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 401
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 359
Wireimage
Set 2

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 378
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 419
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 481
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 471
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 402
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 359
from hola (I'm not a subscriber so I can't access the whole story.):

Los Príncipes de Asturias, cena romántica para celebrar sus diez meses de casados

Attachments

• principes-cena2d.jpg
    principes-cena2d.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1,109
pdas1201 said:
Opening of the Contemporary Art Museum of Castille and Leon (more pics)

Wireimage
Set 1
her hair isn't more blondy in the 4th photo?

More photos from the opening of the Contemporary Art Museum of Castille and Leon
From Viennareport:

Attachments

• zzzzzzza30.jpg
    zzzzzzza30.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 700
  • zzzzzzza31.jpg
    zzzzzzza31.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 416
  • zzzzzzza32.jpg
    zzzzzzza32.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 620
  • zzzzzzza33.jpg
    zzzzzzza33.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 674
  • zzzzzzza34.jpg
    zzzzzzza34.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 396
  • zzzzzzza35.jpg
    zzzzzzza35.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 404
So finally now,will Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attend the Wedding of Prince Charles and Mrs Camilla on Saturday 9th April?

HMQueenElizabethII said:
So finally now,will Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attend the Wedding of Prince Charles and Mrs Camilla on Saturday 9th April?
He He, good question! ;)
I guess they don't have an excuse anymore, but, on the other hand, they have already decleined the invitation, so I guess it would be rude right now to come back on their decision...

Last edited:
I think they should attend the funeral of the pope.

Elsa M. said:
He He, good question! ;)
I guess they don't have an excuse anymore, but, on the other hand, they have already decleined the invitation, so I guess it would be rude right now to come back on their decision...

I was wondering too. I think it would be rude to go too but I'm not sure.

A few more photos from the inauguration of the MUSAC.

From Photobank and Contrastphoto:

Attachments

• zzzzzzza40.jpg
    zzzzzzza40.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 292
  • zzzzzzza44.jpg
    zzzzzzza44.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 208
  • zzzzzzza50.jpg
    zzzzzzza50.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 385
  • zzzzzzza51.jpg
    zzzzzzza51.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 321
  • zzzzzzza53.jpg
    zzzzzzza53.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 347
  • zzzzzzza54.jpg
    zzzzzzza54.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 338
  • zzzzzzza55.jpg
    zzzzzzza55.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 389
  • zzzzzzza57.jpg
    zzzzzzza57.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 200
  • zzzzzzza56.jpg
    zzzzzzza56.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 321
  • zzzzzzza58.jpg
    zzzzzzza58.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
The Princes of Asturias shall preside over the inauguration of the First International Encounter with the Imagination Society, that will be celebrated in Mérida (Badajoz), on April 5th and 6th, meeting the greatest world-wide experts in innovation and imaginative projects.
The inaugration of the encounter will take place on Tuesday, April 5th, at 11.30 a.m..
The official photo from this morning:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzb30.jpg
    zzzzzzzb30.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 405
can not imagine that if any of the spanish royals wanted to go, last minute, they would not be very welcome

marezdote said:
I was wondering too. I think it would be rude to go too but I'm not sure.

The Spanish family seemed so close to Diana...maybe it would be strange for them to go to Charles' second wedding...

Inauguration of the Internatinal Encounter with the Imagination Society

Elsa M. said:
From Canal Spain:
http://www.canalspain.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6348

Attachments

• zzzzzzzc1.jpg
    zzzzzzzc1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 288
  • zzzzzzzc2.jpg
    zzzzzzzc2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 267
  • zzzzzzzc3.jpg
    zzzzzzzc3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 296
From Contrastphoto:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzc5.jpg
    zzzzzzzc5.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 346
  • zzzzzzzc6.jpg
    zzzzzzzc6.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 384
  • zzzzzzzc7.jpg
    zzzzzzzc7.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 327
  • zzzzzzzc8.jpg
    zzzzzzzc8.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 318
  • zzzzzzzc9.jpg
    zzzzzzzc9.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 412
  • zzzzzzzc10.jpg
    zzzzzzzc10.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 398
  • zzzzzzzc11.jpg
    zzzzzzzc11.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 514
  • zzzzzzzc12.jpg
    zzzzzzzc12.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 412
  • zzzzzzzc13.jpg
    zzzzzzzc13.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 320
  • zzzzzzzc14.jpg
    zzzzzzzc14.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 375
The heirs and the ice-creams

Los herederos y el helado

Los herederos al trono español se interesaron por los imaginativos stands que acompañan la celebración del encuentro. Uno de ellos es el del helado con sabor a 'Iniciativa Joven', que todos los asistentes al foro pueden degustar, como ayer hicieron don Felipe y Doña Letizia.

Junto al presidente del Gobierno extremeño, los príncipes probaron el helado, que mezcla nada menos que 80 sabores, que van desde el tomate al calabacín.

De forma afectuosa, doña Letizia dijo que le faltaba algún condimento que le diera un sabor más fuerte al helado, porque a ella le gusta mucho el picante, mientras que don Felipe apuntó que sabía bien, aunque probablemente nunca haya probado un helado compuesto por tantos sabores. Para Rodríguez Ibarra, según expresó, se notaba mucho que el helado lleva tomate entre sus ingredientes.

Last edited by a moderator:
eireann said:
The Spanish family seemed so close to Diana...maybe it would be strange for them to go to Charles' second wedding...

If I recall correctly, no one from the Spanish royal family attended Diana's funeral.

and (I have never read a book about diana so I can not remember my source, some magazine and it might not be true) sofia became a bit frosty towards diana when the british royals stayed during a summer in spain. Long time ago, harry was a toddler. It seemed that juan carlos has an appreciative eye for female beauty and diana batted her eyelashes once too often to him.

Ennyllorac said:
If I recall correctly, no one from the Spanish royal family attended Diana's funeral.

rchainho said:
the heirs and the ice-creams
Translation:

The heirs to the Spanish throne showed interest for the imaginative stands that accompany the encounter. One of them is dedicated to ice-cream flavoured of Young Initiative that all the assistants to the forum can taste, as did Don Felipe and Doña Letizia yesterday.

Next to the president of the frontier Government, the princes proved the ice-cream that mixes nothing less than 80 flavours, from tomato to marrow.

Affectionately, Doña Letizia said that the ice-cream lacked some spicy that gave it a harder flavour, because she much appreciates it piquant, whereas Don Felipe said he enjoyed it well, although he has probably never proven such an ice-cream made up of so many flavours. For Rodriguez Ibarra, one was able to notice very much that the ice-cream takes tomato amongst its ingredients.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom