Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 49: October - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pictures of the visit. Was it just an opening of the science park or are they in Granada for a few days as a visit touring? I know Granada has some lovely places to see.

Great pictures of the visit. Was it just an opening of the science park or are they in Granada for a few days as a visit touring? I know Granada has some lovely places to see.

They were this morning in the inauguration of the Chamber of Trade and of the Park of the Science, and later they return to Madrid. The Princess has tomorrow an act in Madrid.

Video

http://www.canalsur.es/informativos/portada?idActivo=169&idCanal=713

Article and photos terra

http://actualidad.terra.es/especial...principes-parque-ciencias-granada-2859719.htm

that's an interesting event. i'm sure they would have loved to do some touristy things while in granada, it's a great place to visit!
it's quite usual to see pictures of letizia hanging onto felipe's arm. while it's protocolary correct, i seem to prefer when they do not do so in public. it gives the impression of 'weakness' in letizia and some sort of subordination ('being the wife of' type of thing, rather than an important character on her own), such as in this picture. i found it sweet before, but guess it's not so appropriate now.

it's quite usual to see pictures of letizia hanging onto felipe's arm. while it's protocolary correct, i seem to prefer when they do not do so in public. it gives the impression of 'weakness' in letizia and some sort of subordination ('being the wife of' type of thing, rather than an important character on her own), such as in this picture. i found it sweet before, but guess it's not so appropriate now.

I don't mind her holding his arm in public, I think it shows that they have great affection for each other and don't mind showing it.

Also, if you look at the ground, it does not look entirely smooth and given the fact that she is wearing 3" + heels, perhaps he offered his arm to her to ensure she wouldn't have a misstep and come crashing down. They are always very closely surrounded by people, so it could be Felipe's instinctive way of protecting his wife who is much smaller than he is from being jostled by the surrounding group of handlers/protectors, etc.

Normally the Prince offers his arm as help, as support, with those heels, a stairs, a slippery or paved soil and it is easy that the Princess falls.

The Princess physically is weaker it is evident, but not only the Prince tries to be a support, when there are big concentrations of people the attitude of the bodyguards is much more ferreous with her.

the princess looks great!!! are the earrings new?? it looks really nice!

Thanks for the pics, letizia really looks beautiful.

I'm trying to remember if Felipe and Letizia, or any other members of the Spanish royal family for that matter, have ever visited Australia and for what reason? I'm sure that the SRF buffs out there will be able to answer this for me without me having to search every thread. I have memory of the BRF and the Danish Crown Prince couple but not the Spanish. :flowers:
Thanks in advance.

:previous: I don't remember any previous state visits, but the family attended the 2000 Sydney Olympics. (Although back then, F&L were not yet a couple.)

Thats the same as what I remember, RhapsodyBrat

The Princes of Asturias will preside tomorrow at the funeral for both Spanish deceased military men in a suicide attack in Afghanistan, which will be in the headquarters of the Brigade of Infantry BRILAT " Galicia the VIIth " placed in Figueirido (Pontevedra).

Los Príncipes presidirán mañana el funeral por los dos militares fallecidos. Nacional, eldia.es

for tomorrow, casa real has changed the acts accordingly: the 2 audiences the prince was supposed to have are cancelled, the 1 audience the princes were supposed to have (aldeas infantiles sos) remains in the calendar, plus the sad event of the funeral.

on wednesday the princes have 2 acts in barcelona, incl a gala dinner, leaving thursday free what means in theory they could go to London and attend the 60th birthday celebrations of the prince of wales. felipe has another act on friday. only time will tell, if felipe as heir is not supposed to leave the country in the absence of the Kings or to participate in a celebration when the country is mourning two soldiers there is still the possibility that infanta cristina & inaki will go as representatives of the srf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom