Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 48: August - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not from Holland, and I don't have a beloved princess. Maxima is who she is, and, unlike many in this forum who defend Letizia to the end, she is not perfect. I don't think it was good at all to make such a comment and for someone to be injured. I completely agree with you 100%!

Yes, Princess Letizia isn't perfect would be ridiculious think that, just that people ALWAYS wanted to make her look like a hatefull person when she has shown that she isn't like that, always has to be something negative about her specially when is written for the yellow spanish press, and it is ovbious that some people take advantage of that to magnified something that is not true, it is always the problem with Princess Letizia, I have critizied her when I have to, but always negative negative, negative, come on, this is just over the top.:cool:

This has got to be the stupidest discussion of all time. I would laugh my back end off if it were reported that Letizia had replied "I'm Sheena, Queen of the Jungle." That would have been beyond cool.

It's clear that you don't understand this article, it was ironic, :cool:

But talking about egos nothing like, YOU CAN'T TAKE PICTURES OF US, respect. and a journalist was injured, guess who made this words, and cause the problem, your beloved holland princess, that is ego.

i fail to understand why some people feel the need to defend one person by judging and critisizing another. everyone is free to think whatever they want of letizia's comment. cliched phrase, but true nevertheless.

regarding maxima and her family, the photos are forbiden in order to respect their privacy. instead, they make up for that by posing every year twice or three times. their children happen to be princesses of the netherlands. no ego in there, just reality and their will to protect their children, just like any other parent does.

Sorry for asking, but how did a current events thread for Felipe and Letizia get turned into a comparison between them and the Dutch Royal Couple?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

catango said:
Yes, Princess Letizia isn't perfect would be ridiculious think that, just that people ALWAYS wanted to make her look like a hatefull person when she has shown that she isn't like that, always has to be something negative about her specially when is written for the yellow spanish press, and it is ovbious that some people take advantage of that to magnified something that is not true, it is always the problem with Princess Letizia, I have critizied her when I have to, but always negative negative, negative, come on, this is just over the top.:cool:

I agree with you 100% catango. It is completely true every little thing she does or says is magnified and taken advantge of to be seen as the most awful thing, I've always thought that about the famous "Let me finish" I've seen the video of that 17863489325 times and it is nothing like people have wanted to show it, she said it in the sweetest way there is.

I repeat what has been posted in the previous current events thread:
THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR COMPARISON OF THE VARIOUS EUROPEAN PRINCESSES. This is the Current Events thread for Felipe and Letizia.

Please, stay on topic!

Any personal attacks will be deleted and handled accordingly with disciplinary action where neccessary.

This has got to be the stupidest discussion of all time. I would laugh my back end off if it were reported that Letizia had replied "I'm Sheena, Queen of the Jungle." That would have been beyond cool.
You are so funny and I agree that it is a silly discussion. I don't believe it happened [as stated] and if it did, was taken completely out of context -- which we all know newspapers and trouble makers love to do. If you have ever had your words quoted in newspapers, you know what I mean. It was just another band wagon for Letizia haters or coveters to gloat about. Just can't determine exactly why Letizia moves people to this extent -- Mary has a few also. Maxima's resentful few seem to have given up, thank goodness. I think that Felipe and Letizia do a great job for their King, and that is the only thing that is important at this time.

Ha ha ha! I wish we had a better smilie than :lol: or :ROFLMAO: just so I could say how funny your post is!

I agree. Any humorous answer would have been better than what she said. That was a pathetic answer, a mistake. But only means that she is still learning. Such a radical change as the one her life undertook, so quick, in a matter of months they got married, is not easy for anybody. And then inmediately two kids. That is why she has never more had a normal weight I think, too much stress adapting to new situations. I like her and the children are quite intelligent.

But it is obvious maybe they believe, royals, that everybody in the world is interested in them, and that is not the case. A lot of people do not care at all and in many papers here their news are in the "rose" section.

With more training, she would have answered: I used to work for TVE but then got married and left the job. For instance.

She addressed the latin american reporter with the familiar form "tu" and he answered in the same way. She was dressed very casually and he did not recognize her. That form is used more frequently in Spain that in Latin America, where the formal "usted" is the rule with strangers.

Last edited:
I agree. Any humorous answer would have been better than what she said. That was a pathetic answer, a mistake. But only means that she is still learning. Such a radical change as the one her life undertook, so quick, in a matter of months they got married, is not easy for anybody. And then inmediately two kids. That is why she has never more had a normal weight I think, too much stress adapting to new situations. I like her and the children are quite intelligent.

She addressed the latin american reporter with the familiar form "tu" and he answered in the same way. She was dressed very casually and he did not recognize her. That form is used more frequently in Spain that in Latin America, where the formal "usted" is the rule with strangers.

I don't see what's the deal of her answer, it's very Queen Sofia's style. I pretty much foresee a similar answer from the King, the Queen or even the President of the government.
The story was translated from German, even if 'tu' was in the translated article, it doesn't mean that was exactly what had been said, not every language has the familiar form vs. formal form (I'm not familiar with German, thus I don't know). If I were Letizia, I would be surprised that a Latin American journalist among a group of the Spanish journalists were interviewing and taking pictures of her and the Prince, then suddenly he didn't know who she was :lol:.

Terra/Camps y Barberá entregarán los trofeos de la Fórmula 1
According to this article, it was firstly planned that the princes would have given the trophies at the Formula 1 European Grand Prix in Valencia, but the tragic accident in Barajas has forced change throughout the official ceremony. Still, it is hoped that today the princes would make a visit to the circuit to enjoy the races.

Canarias 7. Sociedad. Los Príncipes de Asturias asistirán al funeral del sábado en Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

The Princes of Asturias will be present at the Saturday funeral in Las Palmas of Gran Canaria

The Princes of Asturias will be present at the funeral of Las Palmas of Gran Canaria for the victims of the accident of Spanair's plane that smashed last August 20 in the airport of Barajas during the maneuver of takeoff, they informed sources of the House of the King.

The Prince Felipe and his wife Doña Letizia will come predictably on the same Saturday.

This funeral foreseen for the next Saturday at 18.00 hours, will be informed by the bishop of the Diocese, Francisco Cases, in the Cathedral of Holy Ana of Las Palmas.

Back to work tomorrow!

September 2

The Princes of Asturias

Delivery of the XVII´s edition of the National Design Prizes
Almudaina Palace, Palma de Mallorca

The Princes stayed on the island with Leonor and Sofia after the Goodbye Dinner as their first event after the summer break will take place in Palma.

Los Principes de Asturias de cena en Palma de Mallorca - Agencia Prisma

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, at restaurant Bonsol, in Palma de Mallorca on their last dinner on the island with a good friend of Prince Felipe, Jaume Anglada, composer and singer.

Thanks for the pics!!! it's too bad that they are bad quality!!!

But tomorrow we'll have better one!

It's great to see them back at work!!!!

Her face continues to look strange and I am not talking about the nose !!! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8871/downloadpicturepreviewafz0.jpg
In what way does she look strange? I just looked at photos of when she got married vs now and lips, chin, cheeks, hair line, neck & teeth all exactly the same. The only thing different was hair style and its color. Point out difference to us.

I still have the opinion that she has changed her makeup line and application, which could give you the different "look" but people do that all the time. I don't think she looks strange, I think is has an interesting and attractive face.

Man! I agree. I've been away from the computer and to come back to this... she looks about a million years older. what a shame! Sorry if that is off-topic but jeez.

Man! I agree. I've been away from the computer and to come back to this... she looks about a million years older. what a shame! Sorry if that is off-topic but jeez.
And what is it that makes her look older? Any photos for the rest of us that are not as observant?

I don't think she looks older, in fact she looks much younger now compared to the farewell dinner. But I agree with Duke that something other than the nose is different- I think her lips looks bloated- is it botox? :confused::huh:

I don't think she looks older, in fact she looks much younger now compared to the farewell dinner. But I agree with Duke that something other than the nose is different- I think her lips looks bloated- is it botox? :confused::huh:
Lips not botoxed, believe me. I don't see how anyone can say she looks 100 years older -- I just don't see it and I have just looked approximately 100 pictures of her since wedding.

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attended the National Design Prize at Almudaina's Palace in Palma de Mallorca

PPE Agency

IMO She looks as always....with a different noose. And I thik she has put on weigth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom