Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 47: July - August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for those pics!!!

her dress seems great! I love the colour! hope we'll be able to see better ones!

Isn't it a little too far-fetched to relate recycling clothes and having a weighty agenda ? Even if you're really busy, it's not the staff surrounding you that will be too busy to get new clothes on your behalf ... .
I wish someone could tell me if this is, in fact, true. I read somewhere that Letizia has a person that comes in once or twice a month (or so) to advise her on new articles of clothing, shoes, purse, jewelry, etc., helping her with gowns also for special events. Mary and Maxima both have full time clothiers on their payrolls which also help purchasing for children and gifts.

Is there someone out there that knows for certain if this is true -- not just their opinion.

Mary and Maxima both have full time clothiers on their payrolls which also help purchasing for children and gifts.

Is there someone out there that knows for certain if this is true -- not just their opinion.
Mary has a full-time help for that? It would surprise me if that was true. She gets help from a stylist called Anja (something) but I very much doubt that this is a full-time job.

It's a little hard to tell from the angle, but I think Letizia looks gorgeous! That shawl draped around her shoulders looks very elegant.

And I agree about the bride's dress -- I love color in wedding gowns. And that veil is fabulous, something that you'd expect to see on a princess getting married in a huge cathedral!

What a busy weekend for Felipe above all!
Too bad we don't have more pics of the wedding!
Simple but very elegant esp. the green belt around her waist.
Usually (in Italy at least) the Catholic brides add " some colour" only when they are pregnant and wearing a totally white gown would be a bit unrespectful, though a few pregnant brides don't.
I guess that in Spain it is the same!
It has nothing to do with fashion!

biboquinhas is allowed to express her opinion , catango, which OBVIOUSLTY is that princess should not recycle their clothes as much as letizia does, like maxima for example, she almost never recycles. ANYWAY, it has not much to do with fashion, really, more about how much clothes she owns perhaps.

i would hardly qualify letizia as 'not owning enough clothes' and therefore tht's why she recycles. she has been a princess for 4 years and recycled just enough. i think she has a lot of pretty outfits she never recycled (while some others- basics - she recycled too much, but again, no crime in doing that). i think she recycles just the right amount.

in defense of maxima, i think we saw her recycling quite a bit of times. the netherlands has 16,408,557 inhabitants: spain has 45,200,737. it's just normal that letizia has many more events than maxima does.

Mary has a full-time help for that? It would surprise me if that was true. She gets help from a stylist called Anja (something) but I very much doubt that this is a full-time job.
But do you know for a fact that she doesn't have a professional clothes buyer that does in fact bring samples and photos of fashions and then orders them for her -- eliminating the NEED for her to shop. A good buyer will also tell the client where to wear what item. While not an exclusive full time position for one person, a good buyer has only a few clients that take 100% of her time.

I read that this is exactly what Maxima and Mary [and many others] now employ whereas the young Spanish Royals never employed one. Just wanted to know if this was true fact or not, not an opinion.

I personally know a few busy professional women that in fact employ professional buyers and am shocked that all Royals don't use this service

There was an article devoted to Letizia in El Pais Semanal a little while ago where it was stated that she doesn't have a stylist and Queen Sofia gave her the advice to stick with more or less one designer who turned out to be Varela and I think this is a reliable information.

A lot has been said about her clothes in the fashion thread, same goes for the recycling. I don't think Letizia recycles too much but too fast, sometimes within days, wearing the same pair of shoes again and again.

Los Príncipes de Asturias presidirán el miércoles la entrega de los reales despachos. europapress.es

The Princes of Asturias will preside on Wednesday the delivery of the royal offices

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will preside next Wednesday, the 16th of July the act of delivery of royal offices to the new officials of the Navy and of the Common of the Defense. In the act that will take place in the Naval Military School of Marín, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia also will be present at the oath of flag of the pupils of the first course of the Naval Military School.

There was an article devoted to Letizia in El Pais Semanal a little while ago where it was stated that she doesn't have a stylist and Queen Sofia gave her the advice to stick with more or less one designer who turned out to be Varela and I think this is a reliable information.

A lot has been said about her clothes in the fashion thread, same goes for the recycling. I don't think Letizia recycles too much but too fast, sometimes within days, wearing the same pair of shoes again and again.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

It's not that bad...but definitly could have added a necklace.

IMO she doesnt look good at all, she is hunched, she looks sick. I really dont like her in this pics

Everytime i see her i wanna feed her it´s not normal that she loose soo much weight i mean she looks ace before the wedding and now she only Bones and skin and that´s not pretty.
Today in a german Tv Show they asked if she has aneroxi because she´s soo skinny

I like the outfit. Light and summery. No need to weight it down with jewellery and scarves. Simple and tasteful. Fantastic bod as per usual.

IMO she doesnt look good at all, she is hunched, she looks sick. I really dont like her in this pics
I disagree. After looking at the photos of Letizia and Felipe standing on the steps, I certainly would rather look like Letizia than the other women. Clothes look much better on Letizia also.

I guess I am the only one that thinks Letizia looks really nice in the face in these pictures. Don't know if it is the sun on her face smoothing it out -- just looks fuller and calm. I don't need jewelry around her neck, the outfit nice enough without any -- plus pearls would be a no-no with that style unless it was a single on platinum chain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I am the only one that thinks Letizia looks really nice in the face in these pictures. Don't know if it is the sun on her face smoothing it out -- just looks fuller and calm. I don't need jewelry around her neck, the outfit nice enough without any -- plus pearls would be a no-no with that style unless it was a single on platinum chain.

Here in the States, I read that no necklace is in.

She looks lovely, the color purple suits her. I don't think she looks skinnier then at any other time.

she's lovely!!

hope we'll be able to see more pics soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom