Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 47: July - August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and the red belt because it´s the colour of Spain (and China).

An article praises Letizia´s style and elegance in Beijing:
Hoymujer/La Princesa de Asturias deslumbra en la China olímpica
According to this article, Letizia leaves Beijing this weekend, Felipe stays a couple of days more. Maybe it is just speculation.
Vanitatis/La inauguración de los Juegos Olímpicos, toda una reunión de la realeza mundial
I wouldn't be surprise if she do that. She is a mother of two little girls and too long separate can't be good for them. I think that if it wouldn't be to far trip to Beijing and the girls would be older they probably would take them.

According to RTVE, the Princes will be in Pekin until Monday, probably they have commented on it this morning in their visit. According to the agenda of the Royal House the Prince will be in Paraguay on 14th, so probably on Wednesday he leaves Spain.

rtve.es/noticias - Felipe de Borbón: "TVE ya ha logrado una medalla, enhorabuena"

The Princes of Asturias will be in Pekin hata on the 11th, when the Queen will come to attend some of the tests. On Saturday, the first day of competition, Dona Letizia will come in solitarily to seeing the premiere of the Spanish team of artistic gymnastics, since the Prince of Asturias has to go to an official lunch. Then, the two will come to the major number of possible tests, in which they wish the Spanish sportsmen " the major victories, that the fourth places and finalists of Athens turn this year into medals ".

Thank you very much for the information, lula! :flowers:

Great to see Felipe in a double breasted suit - so much more class than the normal single.

Felipe and Letizia at the women´s basketball game Spain vs. China
As
As

Diario de Mallorca/Los Príncipes de Asturias visitan a los deportistas españoles en la Villa Olímpica
Felipe and Letizia visited the spanish team at their facilities at the Olympic Village
Photo/Diario de Mallorca

Marca/Samuel Sánchez celebró el oro junto a los Príncipes de Asturias
Photo - Felipe and Letizia with gold medalist Samuel Sanchez
Marca

Fabulous photo gallery of the spanish team at the opening ceremony, including good photos of Felipe and Letizia
Canarias7
This is lovely:
Canarias7

Wow thanks for all the links. i think what i find most striking in some of the photographs is even surrounded by alot of people in a huge stadium, it seems they are only in "their world". it's lovely to see thanks again for the great photos.

Great to see Felipe in a double breasted suit - so much more class than the normal single.
Heavens that is sure a completely different view on men's style than I have. Quite the opposite, in fact. Don't like double breasted suits at all (the occusional sport jacket in casual restaurant on vacation is fine) because they tend to make a man look square instead of v shaped.

Wow thanks for all the links. i think what i find most striking in some of the photographs is even surrounded by alot of people in a huge stadium, it seems they are only in "their world". it's lovely to see thanks again for the great photos.
I just love that ability that Felipe and Letizia have of being 100% together in their own space even while in a crowd or stuffy formal event. Probably the only way they get through some of it. He is so protective and loving towards her at all times and she always lets him know, whether by touch or look that she is there or understands exactly what he is thinking. They have "inside jokes" that make them smile at each other at the odd times (that seem to upset some people) but I think that it is great. Every couple should be so lucky no matter what their age.

I just love that ability that Felipe and Letizia have of being 100% together in their own space even while in a crowd or stuffy formal event. Probably the only way they get through some of it. He is so protective and loving towards her at all times and she always lets him know, whether by touch or look that she is there or understands exactly what he is thinking. They have "inside jokes" that make them smile at each other at the odd times (that seem to upset some people) but I think that it is great. Every couple should be so lucky no matter what their age.

I think she is "aware" of the camera at ALL times.

I think she is "aware" of the camera at ALL times.

So ? You don't think other royals are also 'aware' of the cameras all the time ? As public figures, they all know that they can be photographed any time in any public space.

So ? You don't think other royals are also 'aware' of the cameras all the time ? As public figures, they all know that they can be photographed any time in any public space.

Not really. Others, like Maxima, are natural and I have never seen her fixing her daughters' dresses or hair; I have never seen Mary either. I have never seen Maxima looking at her husband like she is "oh so in love.." In my very own, personal opinion, Letizia is always aware of the cameras. Just my opinion.

Not really. Others, like Maxima, are natural and I have never seen her fixing her daughters' dresses or hair; I have never seen Mary either. I have never seen Maxima looking at her husband like she is "oh so in love.." In my very own, personal opinion, Letizia is always aware of the cameras. Just my opinion.

I did along with her exaggerated gestures. Well, who is natural or not, it's pretty much one's personal opinions, I have seen others disagreed with you on the internet. I didn't pay attention if Maxima had ever fixed her daughters' hair or not, I guess not since she didn't even fix her own hair most of the time :lol:.
There were pictures of Leonor with the same gazes (looking at her daddy during the Easter weekend) as her mom, perhaps that's in the genes other than posing for the cameras :lol:.

I did along with her exaggerated gestures. Well, who is natural or not, it's pretty much one's personal opinions, I have seen others disagreed with you on the internet. I didn't pay attention if Maxima had ever fixed her daughters' hair or not, I guess not since she didn't even fix her own hair most of the time :lol:.
There were pictures of Leonor with the same gazes (looking at her daddy during the Easter weekend) as her mom, perhaps that's in the genes other than posing for the cameras :lol:.

I couldn't agree more, Princess Letizia was a JOURNALIST, she OF COURSE is aware of the cameras, It would be ridiulious being out there and pretend not to see them, but she doesn't care about it, and thanks God Princess Letizia doesn't have that horrible gesture on her face, she knows that as a public person she has to take care if her image, even more when you gonna be a Queen.

For being NATURAL you don't have to be exagerated.:cool:

I couldn't agree more, Princess Letizia was a JOURNALIST, she OF COURSE is aware of the cameras, It would be ridiulious being out there and pretend not to see them, but she doesn't care about it, and thanks God Princess Letizia doesn't have that horrible gesture on her face, she knows that as a public person she has to take care if her image, even more when you gonna be a Queen.

For being NATURAL you don't have to be exagerated.:cool:

When you have still photos and a video of the same event, try looking at the still photos (where you will probably see something like the "I'm so in love" expression), and then playing the video and looking for that same expression. You may not find it; it's very hard to see in a video.

Letizia does not actually stare at her husband for minutes at a time with that in-love look on her face. She has large eyes to begin with, and more often than not she has to look up to see him, and the camera just happens to catch that split second when she has that look. I noticed this for the first time in the video/pictures at Easter, as the royal family arrived for the mass. There were pictures of her looking up at him with that worshipful look but when I watched the video she just glanced at him for a second in a pretty normal way. I think it's just the media choosing pictures from an event (from hundreds) that sell.

When you have still photos and a video of the same event, try looking at the still photos (where you will probably see something like the "I'm so in love" expression), and then playing the video and looking for that same expression. You may not find it; it's very hard to see in a video.

Letizia does not actually stare at her husband for minutes at a time with that in-love look on her face. She has large eyes to begin with, and more often than not she has to look up to see him, and the camera just happens to catch that split second when she has that look. I noticed this for the first time in the video/pictures at Easter, as the royal family arrived for the mass. There were pictures of her looking up at him with that worshipful look but when I watched the video she just glanced at him for a second in a pretty normal way. I think it's just the media choosing pictures from an event (from hundreds) that sell.

Yes, but I didn't say that, I never said that she has that in love expression, was Roxsteve, and I agreed with you.;)

Yes, but I didn't say that, I never said that she has that in love expression, was Roxete, and I agreed with you.;)

Yes, I was expressing my agreement with your point, not disagreement. I guess that wasn't very clear.

If you watch the videos, everything is so fast that doesn't look romantic at all, but of course in still photos it does. For example, that famous hug at the soccer game in Vienna happened so fast like a couple of seconds, but if you see the images it would seem like they were hugging for a minute or so. Try viewing their videos sometimes and you will see that those are more different than the split-second still photographs may appear. Since you mentioned that "in love look", I guess it's more of their obvious height difference. Felipe is so tall, so when Letizia has to look up at him it looks like she's fawning over him. And when it comes to fixing her daughters' dresses or hair I think it's really more has to do with her personality being a perfectionist than "always aware of the cameras", besides she used to be on TV so she lived it unlike the others.

I think the difference to Maxima is that she married into an environment where she did not have to alter parts of her personality to fit in which I find a huge advantage. She is aware of the cameras but only has to care to a certain degree whilst the others, mainly Letizia, had to try harder to fit into a dictated role, even up to the degree of suppressing personal features (outspoken personality or expressive gesticulation) and therefore she is much more conscious in front of a camera. I personally don't like this worshipping or admiring look up to Felipe but at the end of the day this is how the Borbons like to see their women, dutiful and submissive.

:lol:...I agree with you. There are royal who are aware of camaras all time, especially Mary, she is always offering his face profile to the cameras and posing as a celebrity in front of the cameras.
In the case of Letizia not, she is concentrated in sport and encourage Spain like Felipe.
If Letizia was aware the cameras constantly she would probably wear elegant clothes and not an sport shirt that is normal if you're going to encourage your country.
And..maybe it is strange for you that a marriage is affectionately look when sitting together, for me it is not so strange.:rolleyes:

I can see why some members think Maxima is very natural and refreshing and love her for that. Maxima, however, reminds me a lot of Sarah, the Duchess of York, both in good and bad ways. To me, their behaviours at times seem so un-royal like hence they don't appeal to me as much as say Letizia or Mary. For that and other reasons Maxima and Fergie are not my favourite royals but I don't go to their threads and trash them or compare them unfavourably to the royals I like.....I just don't feel it's necessary. Besides, wouldn't it be boring if all the CPs have similar personalities and behave the same way?

I can see why some members think Maxima is very natural and refreshing and love her for that. Maxima, however, reminds me a lot of Sarah, the Duchess of York, both in good and bad ways. To me, their behaviours at times seem so un-royal like hence they don't appeal to me as much as say Letizia or Mary. For that and other reasons Maxima and Fergie are not my favourite royals but I don't go to their threads and trash them or compare them unfavourably to the royals I like.....I just don't feel it's necessary. Besides, wouldn't it be boring if all the CPs have similar personalities and behave the same way?
Very well put. I enjoy all the princesses -- reading about them and seeing them. Just a sort of hobby, not that their lives change my personal life. If I really didn't like a person or for some reason (only known to myself) secretly wanted them to fail in their chosen life, I really would not be apart of that forum. In fact, I would worry about myself for those feelings about someone that has no relation to my personal life.

Just like Letizia any other Crown Princesses (Maxima, Mary, Mathilde,Mette-Marit, Victoria, Sophie, Caroline) or Princesses aren't try perfect too even if they try/want (sometimes we forget about that). They're normal women who are by birth or by marriage roayl and who do (and be honest can do) sometimes these or that mistakes.

Btw I don't know where I read it that Letizia has plans to go back to Spain on yesterday. But it looks that she stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom