Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 39: September - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pictures! I like Letizia's oufit!

I only like the brown dress. Thanks for pictures.

El Semanal Digital=

The security of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia has reinforced the close pursuit to which journalists and not so journalists come putting under the Real House from a time this part has put under a special stress as much to the people in charge of their protocol like a those of their personal security.

I have to agree with some of the other posters: I don't really like Letizia's hairstyle now. She has such sharp, angular features (that's meant in a good way), so I really like it when her hair is a little softer and wavier, which seems to balance her out. I'm thinking particularly of some of the semi-gala celebrations just before they announced she was expecting Sofia. The sharpness of this haircut just doesn't flatter her.

Letizia's hair has grown now, so the sharpness does not go well with the length imo. Maybe if she has it in a ponytail from time to time or in a bun would look nice. I love todays outfit, especially the cardigan. Color gives Letizia a fresh glow. Felipe & Letizia seem to have had a good time at the fair since they both lookd intrested. Im wondering if they picked up anything for the girls.

I think her hair looked much better in Barcelona than the previous week. Her hair looked fuller and shiny, most importantly the bangs were longer.
She is slender enough to pull off the dress.

La Razón | Digital : Economía

The Princes will inaugurate in Madrid the world meeting of the Notariado

The Princes of Asturias will preside on Wednesday at the inauguration of 25º International Congress of the Notariado. The act will take place in the Audience of the Municipal Palace of Congresses of Madrid and will rely on the assistance, between others, of Mariano Fernandez Bermejo, the minister of Justice; Giancarlo Laurini, president of the International Union of the Notariado (UINL); and Jose Marqueño, president of the General Council of the Notariado.

Some colors are good. It looks like she gained 1 kilo over the weekend :).

This was my first thought too :cool: Another Borbon on the way?

Regarding Letizia's hair, I am with Lady K, the cut and blah styling adds up to her sharp facial features that can make her look so gauntly. Plus, I find it too dark, highlights would look much better. Unfortunately Letizia did not follow your suggestion donnaK, using her days off to pay a visit at her hairdresser ;)

The dress, I don't know. Are there any posters from South America on this forum? Maybe it was a hommage to Peru as the style looks a bit indio. Again it's a matter of combination, I like the cardigan but not with the dress, while the dress - although the neckline styling is a bit odd - goes well with her bag and shoes. Somebody needs to tell her urgently how to combine her clothes and accessories in a better looking way.

I can't understand!!
Why that orange blazer, Grace Kelly style, with that ethnic dress?
Why those shoes? Wrong colour, too clear for that outfit.
Why that big bag?
I like everything, but I don't like them all togheter.
IN MY OPINION, you can never say what is Letizia's style because she always mixs different styles.
In my opinion both Letizia and Felipe have gained a kilo, last weekend.
Felipe's jacket looks a bit tight.

Last edited:

Many thanks, DonnaK, for the link and the shots. Can I make a question: Are you loading to IPA for having the possibility of download or it's free? and if it's free how do you do to have this estupendous "king" size"? Many thanks in advance for your answer.

To stay frivoulous, first it's true that the colors of this outfit are very well matching up and fiting so good for the princess of Asturias. After a few moments of hesitation finally I find her dress very refined and giving to her the appearence of some weight more. As the appearences are more important than the reality, it's good! isen't it?

As usual, I'm very found of the Prince of Asturias 's way to dress : classical but with a touch of modernity either the shirt or the tie. Generally speaking, the Prince of Asturias have estupendous shirts, I'm not always fascinating by his ties, but it's question of taste!

This was my first thought too :cool: Another Borbon on the way?
I had a feeling she was suffering some morning sickness last week :D
Regarding Letizia's hair, I am with Lady K, the cut and blah styling adds up to her sharp facial features that can make her look so gauntly. Plus, I find it too dark, highlights would look much better. Unfortunately Letizia did not follow your suggestion donnaK, using her days off to pay a visit at her hairdresser ;)
I agree with you Duke on the hair. At first, I like this hairstyle- in Palma, the farewell dinner, their first week acts where she's wearing blue blouse and lovely B&W dress. But now, I cannot appreciate anymore looking at the same hairstyle on most of their 3 to 4 acts every week for a month and possibly for the rest of the year :neutral: It was ok the first two weeks when they resumed work, she alternate it with ponytail and a nice bun once. But for the last two weeks, it was all same :neutral: Is her hair too short for a wave/curl yet? I wish she'll try it sometime. A short curly hair like their eldest Leonor :lol::ROFLMAO: j/k
The dress, I don't know. Are there any posters from South America on this forum? Maybe it was a hommage to Peru as the style looks a bit indio. Again it's a matter of combination, I like the cardigan but not with the dress, while the dress - although the neckline styling is a bit odd - goes well with her bag and shoes. Somebody needs to tell her urgently how to combine her clothes and accessories in a better looking way.
But I do like the color combination of her latest dress- brown and orange combo- its very Fall season. I like the cardigan. I like the dress, I like the design a lot :wub: except that when I look at the HQs, the round thingy design at the neckline is not sewn at the edges, which is not neat to look at. The bag is the same one she used during the raising of flag in guarderia, it is somewhat transparent we could see her mobile phone that time, I wonder what's that blue thing inside now? Btw, it's so brave of Letizia to use a semi-transparent bag. I would never use a transparent bag, but that's just me- my personal preference only, I just don't want others/strangers to be able to look at the things inside my bag.

Last edited:
I believe that the boredom leads to the speculation, or she is very thin or is pregnancy, always the same thing:lol:. The Princess has had two bad pregnancies and two C-sections in two years, she and her body, for health, need a rest. In addition, of having sufficiently in spite of raising two little girls. With the pregnancies the body of the woman changes, more when they are followed (only it is necessary to see before and after of all the princess); in addition, the Princess has stopped feeding Sofia on having begun September and therefore her body consumes less calorie, so it would not be strange that she was gaining any kilo.

Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the inauguration of the Hall Liber in the Fira in Barcelona

PPE Agency

Spaniards identify themselves with the period of success and coexistence of the Monarchy.
Informativos Telecinco.com - Nacional - Blanco: "Los españoles se sienten identificados con el periodo de éxito y convivencia de la Monarquía"
Video

I think that Letizia was wonderful with that nice dress and that cardigan that suit so much to her.Orange is a very vibrant color that always gives a healthful aspect to the face.
With respect to her controversial haircut, I don´t know if you know that it´s a tendency to wear GEOMETRIC haircuts, that is to say, with lines straight.You can like it or you cannot like it but the reality is… that it is trendy this year.

And...yes!I also have noticed that Letizia has gained a little weight, she looks better:flowers:

Last edited:
I agree, she looks beautiful today. I like the coat.

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia at The 26th International Congress of Public Notaries
October 3, 2007 - Palacio de Congresos
Madrid, Spain

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]
WireImage: Listings

The princess looks radiant today. Her outfit is great, everything matches, I like especially the jacket.

thanks for the pics!!
letizia looks wonderful for these 2 events!!!!

Alright I'm a little mixed about this outfit. On first glance, my main complaint was that she was wearing pants, nice pants but still pants. All other women in the group photo are wearing skirts. It just struck me as looking a bit odd and Letizia looking a tiny bit more on the casual side of things. After looking at more pics, I do like the outfit overall and I now see that there are some interesting textures going on. Certainly not a bad outift but not spectacular either, imo.

I can certainly appreciate though that she is doing some different things in recent months with her wardrobe.

p.s. What is with the comment about the "bad pregnancies"(post #46) that Letizia has had. I mean, I guess we can all categorize her pregnancies how we want to but I don't think there is anything that credible to reveal that she has had "bad pregnancies". Every pregnant women has issues: nausea, being tired, and overall not feeling that great. But it doesn't mean it's a bad pregnancy, she still worked right up until just 2 or 3 weeks before the birth. It's not like she was on bed rest for the last 2 months or something. Anyway, I just don't think anyone really knows the medical history of the princess and therefore the fact remains that she has had two pregnancies that have resulted in two beautiful healthy daughters being born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom