Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 35: April - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little remark, when the Princess of Asturias don't be prese,t at an official event or act, it's that the photographes have less work. It's absolutly astonishing to see how the photographs are making as numerous pics of an event when Letizia is here, whatever the nature of the event civil or militar!!!

adelaide said:
Just a little remark, when the Princess of Asturias don't be prese,t at an official event or act, it's that the photographes have less work. It's absolutly astonishing to see how the photographs are making as numerous pics of an event when Letizia is here, whatever the nature of the event civil or militar!!!

100% true, :) these new royal ladies are always the ones who bring the most attention at the events. The get more press not just as consort wives of crown princes but what they wear to the event, wardrobe and jewlery, could become a trend setting photo opportunity. Since they are more scrutinized, from head to heel, than their husbands the ladies gather a bit more press coverage when they show up to an activity.

Sadly, this shows it's not really about the topic but mainly about fashion, hairdo or handbag. Even better when there is a desaster like the skirt event last year - will only sell the pictures faster and make more money than usual :ohmy:

But on the other hand, if everything is perfect, it helps to make the princes even more popular in Spain and worldwide, press is happy and the fashion industry too.

Last edited:
Also, remember that what they are photographed with does support a larger industry that employes a lot of people. So, the more activities Letizia shows up the more the attention these designers, and the all the people they employ, get. The fashion industry is a big business and what Letizia or her fellow princesses wear trickles down toward the income of many families.

In the absence of the princess,i was looking to the old forums and i've noticed many photo's aren't availabe now which is a shame.
I am wondering if there is a way to have them again on our forum or not?
if not this would happen to newer pics too unless we save them for ourselves which is hard because there are alreay a lot of pics to save.

well, yes and no. Photos that used to be in the photo gallery that are now gone, well, that's a question for the administers- I'm not sure if they were deleted.
Links where a magazine or newspaper have removed the image, then no, you can't get them back.
Hotlinked images can be saved and rehosted by members.

Members who use Supload for hosting images may be able to just reload those images, because some Supload images have "disappeered" through no fault of the user.

thanks Lady k.
for those of us who joined the forum 1 or 2 year ago,we lost many photos.
I just hope this won't happen to our new members.

aryo said:
thanks Lady k.
for those of us who joined the forum 1 or 2 year ago,we lost many photos.
I just hope this won't happen to our new members.

You are totally right, i think it's a normal and technical problem. If you want to save pics you are obliged to download!

As it's very forseable the Princes of Asturias will going to presid the funerals of the soldiers died in Lebanon.

Do you know the date and the hour of the event?

Ultima Hora Nacional

The Prince and Zapatero will receive this night in Torrejón the bodies of the deceased military men

(...)
Don Felipe will preside tomorrow at funeral, to that also the prime minister will come. In addition, it is foreseen that Dona Leticia accompanies the Prince, as informed Zarzuela, being necessary that the Princess, who is of fall for maternity, comes provided that it is a question of an exceptional situation.

The funeral t will be celebrated tomorrow morning in the billeting of the Brigade Parachutis, situated in Paracuellos del Jarama, to which the deceaseds belonged. Up to there also there will move the minister of Defense, Jose Antonio Alonso and other authorities.
(...)

thank you for the news lula.
why arent the king & queen attending?& When does Letizia's maternity leave finish?

thank you for the news lula.
why arent the king & queen attending?& When does Letizia's maternity leave finish?

The Kings are in a visit of State in China, a very important visit where they are going to meet the authorities of the country and with a lot of economic and cultural interests, of China they will follow trip towards Kazakjstan in official visit.

With Leonos the maternity leave was 3 months, which in that moment had any woman in Spain, now has increased to four. Since from middle of July the Royal Family moves to Majorca of vacations, until September she will not recapture the official agenda, though in Majorca one will see her often, like every summer.;)

The Kings are in a visit of State in China, a very important visit where they are going to meet the authorities of the country and with a lot of economic and cultural interests, of China they will follow trip towards Kazakjstan in official visit.

With Leonos the maternity leave was 3 months, which in that moment had any woman in Spain, now has increased to four. Since from middle of July the Royal Family moves to Majorca of vacations, until September she will not recapture the official agenda, though in Majorca one will see her often, like every summer.;)

Oh yes, i forgot about the China trip:bang: & yes i remember the great Majorca days, tons of pic's with the children & family...Thanks again lula

Many thanks Lula for the confirmation of the event. Do you know at wich hour the act will take place and if it will be a TV report?

Yes, please, it willl be live on tv, somebody from spain tell us.

yes,it willl be live on tv at 11:00 (spanish hour).

It has been late the hour of the funeral.

Diarioadn.com - Los Príncipes presidirán hoy el funeral de Estado por los seis...

The Princes will preside to day at the funeral of State for six military men died in The Lebanon

The Princes of Asturias will preside today at the funeral of State that there will inform in the headquarters the Brigade Parachutist of Paracuellos del Jarama (Madrid) from 12:30 for six military men died in the attempt perpetrated in The Lebanon against the Spanish troops.

thanks for the news!!

it's bad to see princess letizia with such a sad event!!

thanks for the news!!

it's bad to see princess letizia with such a sad event!!

I think its bad to see anyone at such events, but i think its a good choice of Letizia attending as a CP & along with Felipe. It would look good on her behalf as attending and still on maternity leave. Its a time for support & these families need it at this time:)

i agree. i think it's important that she attends... it's been 2 months since the infanta was born and we had no news of her appart from that piece of news of the wedding anniversary and the photos of the saudi arabian press agency...

i agree. i think it's important that she attends... it's been 2 months since the infanta was born and we had no news of her appart from that piece of news of the wedding anniversary and the photos of the saudi arabian press agency...

It's a sad event to be back but there is no choice. I think that she not only wants to be there, to show her support to the families of the dead soldiers and to support Felipe, but she also has to be there. After all the critizism about attending the private lunch with the Saudi King she cannot afford not to show up. And for what reason? IMO this is an event where she should be in any case, maternity break or not. Sofia is almost 2 months old now and it won't do any harm to her if her mother is on important duty for half a day.

I think she should return to official duties slowly but she should start to attend a few!

It is not necessary to forget anything, the Kings are out of the country and it is necessary to cover their absence. For a public opinion as the Spanish, not always it is easy to understand the importance that can have the fact that the Kings are in a trip of State that goes a lot of time and effort to prepare and in which hundreds of businessmen take part in this occasion. The habitual thing is that in an act like this one the Kings are, and the Princes were forced to cover this absence ... it is more, I believe that the presence of anyone of the Infantas had not exceeded either.

Last edited:
It is not necessary to forget anything, the Kings are out of the country and it is necessary to cover their absence. For a public opinion as the Spanish, not always it is easy to understand the importance that can have the fact that the Kings are in a trip of State that goes a lot of time and effort to prepare and in which hundreds of businessmen take part in this occasion. The habitual thing is that in an act like this one the Kings are, and the Princes were forced to cover this absence ... it is more, I believe that the presence of anyone of the Infantas had not exceeded either.

Would Spain have expected that the Kings make an early return to attend (Queen Sofia did the same as Letizia's sister died)?

Would Spain have expected that the Kings make an early return to attend (Queen Sofia did the same as Letizia's sister died)?

The Kings, and specially the King how Chief of the army they are in the habit of being in these acts, but I believe that in this occasion the logic was imposed to the emotional impact that can exist in the first moment. The Kings had just come for a trip of State to China, with big political, cultural and economic expectations, and of there they continue an official visit to Kazajhstan ... to suspend a trip like that is very complicated.

The case of the Queen was different, the first because it was a trip of another type, it was a trip of cooperation, which does not need from so many organization and infrastructure, and that the Queen can organize for another moment. In addition, it was a question of a death that it was concerning directly the family.

Photos of the funeral

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070626/72169ae105dd9g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070626/72169ae1849ceg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070626/72169ae17d1d2g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070626/72169ae17cf14g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070626/72169ae1b2bf8g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070626/72169ae1b9324g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070626/72169ae1c1bebg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070626/72169ae1c5f2dg.jpg

Last edited:
while it would have been a lovely gesture for the king and queen to come back as the king is the head of the military body in spain, i doubt they will with the chinese visit just started.

it's so sad what happened to these six soldiers. they were just boys aged 20 years old, and even 18 or 19 some of them. it's such a loss. i still can't explain to myself why they send soldiers with practically no military formation (at the most a couple of years for the 20 year old ones, and i believe less than months for the 18 years old soldier) to such a dangerous place as lebanon. a person who received less than a couple of months worth of training isn't ready to go to the war! seeing this, it's quite expected that such things happen. the spanish ministry of defense should consider these kind of things beforehand. while looking for pictures of felipe and letizia i saw a video of the corpses arriving at madrid's airport. no words to describe it. such a sad day for spain.

here's a picture of the princes arriving to the funeral:

http://www.abc.es/nacional/Media/200706/26/PRINCIPES.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Presence of letizia there is very important!
Her hair is still long

Letizia looks great! She's back to her old self, minus those awful black tights!

I loved seeing them among the people there, especially Felipe. This picture was so sweet and compassionate. picture :wub::wub::wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom