Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 30: November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MarvelousMarta said:
I wouldnt go that far. Just because I'm not partial to this dress doesnt mean that Im "never happy with nothing". I LOVE her style, her colour choices, and I have no problem with her weight, her last pregnancy, or they style of her last pregnancy whether she chose it to be more open informal or more conservative. I simply dont like this dress and Im rather conservative so showing the bellybutton throws me off. For me pregnancy should be private and conservative. I just offered my opinion. I wasnt even being mean about it. She is my favorite, I just adore her, and I think she is the perfect specimen of a princess. I just dont like this dress, and I certainly dont take offence with those individuals who are ranting and raving about how much they like it.

That you are telling is very clear and I think you are totally right because this forum is a free place to express your thaughts, tastes, preferences concerning people that you like and the discuss is totally open.

The single but the main probleme it's the way to express( it's a general consideration:flowers: )

As the subject of the Princess of Asturias is a very difficult field to express you with appropriate word because the sensitivity of the subject: Letizia had been looked as a devil woman by a lot of her detractors who blame her for all and its oposite whithout no foundation and absolutly no begining of proof about whatever concerning morality and good behaviour.

Because of that, as soon as somebody from her admirators thinks that she is attacked for question of tastes, manners, way of life and so on, whithout no foundation, the reply can be rough.

It's too bad but it's understable and when you say- not necessary you- that the dress is showing her belly button ( something very kind for me ) it could be interpreted as a strict value judgement.

This situation is much paradoxal because to judge the Princess because we can see her charming belly button in a society, especially in Spain where all is exhibitionism, hardness and confusion, can be very excessive

The Princess is the image of the happyness motherhood, SO WHAT !:wub: :flowers:

No hard feelings dear friend!:flowers:

Last edited:
The dress is very nice indeed, and IMO Letizia looks great, the extra pregnancy-pounds soften her facial features a bit and she seems to be glowing.
1 thing: I hope she will not develop the same fascination for long fake necklaces like Maxima. The brown one is a dangerous development ;) I loved the pearls she wore for Leonors birthday pictures though.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principes_dia_internacional_voluntariado_1235196.htm

Princes preside at concert for International Day Voluntary work

The Princes of Asturias presided this night in the Monumental Theatre, the concert organized by the Community of Madrid, on the occasion of the World Day of the Voluntary work.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia were got at their arrival by the chairwoman of the Community of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre; the secretary of State of Social Services, Protection Valcarce; and the chief operating officer of the Voluntary work and Social Promotion of the Community of Madrid, Laura Ruiz de Galarreta.

The Chorus native of San Sebastian interpreted, under Jose Antonio Sainz Alfaro's direction, works of Verdi, Borodin and Mascagni.

The Princes greeted the authorities before acceding to the presidential theater box and a family photo was done with represent of the Volunteers' Associations that were present at the concert.

We will probably have to wait an hour or two for first pics. Thanks for being always on the top of the news, lula! :flowers:

Thanks for all pics from last two acts as well :flowers: The brown dress is lovely, but I really hope she will come back to wearing normal stockings again :lol: The most important for me is that her face looks so beautiful, even much better than during past 2-3 acts :)

Last edited:
I also want to see photos, they will very handsome.

Hi MarvelousMarta, I'd like the dress, is one of the best in terms of couture and fabric untill now but I agree 100% with you, this is not a matter of being proud of a pregnancy, I was more than proud and didn't go out showing my bellybutton or my swollen ankles for that matter.... you can destroy a dress if you don't take care of the little details and that's not what I expect in a Princess and please don't tell me she's a woman like any of us, she's not, she's representing a country and the Royal Family, I never saw Doña Sofia showing the bellybutton or anything else for that matter. :bang: :wacko: En fin...

Last edited:
A pregnancy is the most normal and natural thing of the world, we all have come to the world because a woman has been pregnant. 20 years ago the women who were pregnant, were hiding their pregnancies after the clothes,as if it was something that it was necessary to hide. Today in day, the things have changed, the women show her pregnancies without problems, because it is the most natural of the world. We all know that to a pregnant woman the belly grows, it increases the breast ... or the navel stands out... It is a simple anecdote.

What will they say when she should appear in swimsuit ? :ohmy: :lol:

Thanks Lula!
The princess is absolutely impeccable and elegant with that white shelter. I would like to see better the dress, it seems nice.

I´m agree with you Lula….I think some people should to see this things with more naturalness… it´s simply I belly!!!

Last edited:
There will be necessary to have patience with the photos because today it is a Saturday and tomorrow Sunday, let's hope that they are not late very much.;)

Time to close yet another thread fir the current events of the Prince and Princess of Asturias.
The new thread can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom