Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 3: October - December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why does she look such sad????is it because of brown color which i believe is not suitable for young women????she looks better and younger in vivid colors

She's not sad. Letizia has a serious face that could be misinterpreted as sad. I think brown is perfect for this fall season.

No,that's not sad.This is only serious.But i think she looks nice in these pics not sad.

December 1, 2004: Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attend a presentation of the popular edition of "The Quijote" in the Royal Spanish Academy.

from GETTY IMAGES

Attachments

• 51811081.jpg
    51811081.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 603
  • 51811008.jpg
    51811008.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 486
  • 51811110.jpg
    51811110.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 544
pdas1201 said:
December 1, 2004: Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attend a presentation of the popular edition of "The Quijote" in the Royal Spanish Academy.

from GETTY IMAGES
This looks like it was a funny event...

More pictures from the Senegalese President visit.

From Shot News

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 299
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 275
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 302
Picture from the Quijote.

From Casa Real

Attachments

• quijote02g.jpg
    quijote02g.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 251
MADRID Spain 01/12/2004.
PRINCE FELIPE AND PRINCESS LETIZIA PRESENTED THE
NEW POPULAR EDITION OF CERVANTES'S CLASSIC
"EL QUIJOTE" IN MADRID. THIS EDITION CONTAINS
ILLUSTRATIONS BY THE SPANISH HUMORISTIC DRAWER
MINGOTE.From Imagine Scandinavia

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 325
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 359
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 582
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 468
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 580
  • 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 601
  • 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 269
December 2, 2004: Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia presided over the VIII Edition of 'the Foundation for Cooperation and Development of Assistential Activities' at the American House in Madrid

from IMAGINE SCANDINAVIA

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 460
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 388
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 410
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 483
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 472
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 386
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 549
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 378
i have to say, i am deeply impressed with this schedule. i dont think i want to even imagine how tiresome it must be occasionally. chapeau!

I have to wonder, with everyone saying how impressed they are with the schedule, that I'm a little confused. Most of us work daily, under much more stress, as we aren't just opening something or accepting awards or what not. I realize that Felipe and Letizia have huge titles and will one day huge important jobs, but at the moment it seems that all they do is represent the family by showing up and smiling pretty, and occasionally giving a speech. I also realize that they are out and about much more then other Crown Prince Couples around, but really one "ribbon" ceremony a day isn't exactly tacxing. I'm sure many of us here do much more taxing jobs on a day to day basis (that's not to say that any of us are under nearly the same type or amount of stress as Felipe and Letizia-that, even I agree, is unbelievable.) I guess what I'm trying to figure out from those who believe it is, what makes their schedule so immpressive to you?

More pics from WIREIMAGE...

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 325
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 419
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 387
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 367
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 335
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 330
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 386
and more pics...

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 422
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 332
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 386
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 435
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 388
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 422
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 437
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 576
and some more...

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 286
Last set of pics (I hope) from the event on December 2, 2004.

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00130716.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130716.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 297
  • pre-SEEGER00130715.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130715.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 363
  • pre-SEEGER00130714.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130714.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 362
  • pre-SEEGER00130713.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130713.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 233
Guess Who said:
I totally agree, i mentioned it earlyer in one of my posts, you might of past it i wrote "but i dont think Letizia was dressed well for a lunch with a president.She would of looked more formal and well dressed for the occasion if she was in a skirt with a nice top and jacket.She looked like she was going for an opening."
the turtle neck does not look good with the fluid lines of the jacket

I belive this are new pics...

Attachments

• b.JPG
    b.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 238
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 259
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 326
lapopdiva said:
Thanks for the photos pdas. an there are more on tne second page in WIREIMAGE.Letizia giving the prices.
Thanks for the heads up, Lapopdiva:) I somehow missed those, I hope after posting the ones below, I have posted everything. If you find some more pics on Wireimage, let me know and I'll post them.

By the way, have you noticed the way they keep gazing at each other, as if they are by themselves in their bedroom and not at a formal awards function. I find that soooo romantic, they seem to speak to each other thru their eyes more often then their lips...sigh...

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 279
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 324
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 316
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 312
and some more which I forgot to post earlier...

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 360
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 464
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 339
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 298
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 286
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 307
Pics from the CASAREAL website
Activites of Felipe and Letizia from the past few days.

November 30, 2004: Presided over the XXI edition of the "Francisco Cerecedo" Awards for Journalism

December 1, 2004: Prince Felipe welcomed the delegation of the International Friendship Exchange Council from Japan

December 1, 2004: Presided over the presentation of the popular edition of "The Quijote" at the Royal Spanish Academy

December 2, 2004: Presided over the VIII Prize of the Foundation for the Cooperation and the Development and Promotion of Welfare Activities

Attachments

• cerec05g.jpg
    cerec05g.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 275
  • japon03g.jpg
    japon03g.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 275
  • quijote02g.jpg
    quijote02g.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 307
  • codes06g.jpg
    codes06g.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 253
Britters said:
I have to wonder, with everyone saying how impressed they are with the schedule, that I'm a little confused. Most of us work daily, under much more stress, as we aren't just opening something or accepting awards or what not. I realize that Felipe and Letizia have huge titles and will one day huge important jobs, but at the moment it seems that all they do is represent the family by showing up and smiling pretty, and occasionally giving a speech. I also realize that they are out and about much more then other Crown Prince Couples around, but really one "ribbon" ceremony a day isn't exactly tacxing. I'm sure many of us here do much more taxing jobs on a day to day basis (that's not to say that any of us are under nearly the same type or amount of stress as Felipe and Letizia-that, even I agree, is unbelievable.) I guess what I'm trying to figure out from those who believe it is, what makes their schedule so immpressive to you?
I think although it seems simple: dress nicely, smile, take pictures, cut a ribbon, i believe it bears alot of psychological pressure..The pressure that you know you are scrutinized from your clothes to your actions...All the cameras are on them and they need to please..what about if they do not have the mood one day, they still need to smile...this is so tiring....

At least in comparison with other Royal couples, they go out almost everyday...Besides, we do not know what happens behind the scenes..if they have to go to an exhibition, they need to be read so that they can ask good questions and not seem ignorant...

Moon said:
I think although it seems simple: dress nicely, smile, take pictures, cut a ribbon, i believe it bears alot of psychological pressure..The pressure that you know you are scrutinized from your clothes to your actions...All the cameras are on them and they need to please..what about if they do not have the mood one day, they still need to smile...this is so tiring....

At least in comparison with other Royal couples, they go out almost everyday...Besides, we do not know what happens behind the scenes..if they have to go to an exhibition, they need to be read so that they can ask good questions and not seem ignorant...
I agree that psychologically there is a lot that goes into an appearance and what not. But compared to my schedule of meetings, and walk throughs, and contract deadlines, and paperwork, their schedules are so much more tame. And I think even someone working in retail would agree with that statement. We have much more demanding schedules, where we too have to be polite and curteous for most of the day. The only difference I'm really seeing is that their scrutiny doesn't turn off if they are outside their home as ours does once we leave our workplaces. But on that line I think that's a different kind of stress then having a taxing schedule. They make appearances, and while I'm impressed at their seemingly endless interest in things that would normally bore me, they aren't really doing a whole lot day in and day out that requires extra reserves of energy that a normal person needs to sometimes get through a week. At least not that we see. And if we don't know what they are doing outside of appearances then it's not really fair to comment on how impressive their schedule is or isn't. (Did that even make sense? Sorry if it didn't.)

On top of all that, they leave whatever benefit or appearance they are attending for the day and go home to a palace full of people whose sole job is to make sure they are comfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm not impressed with the jobs Felipe and Letizia do, it just seems to me being impressed with their schedule is a bit silly when you consider most peoples daily schedules.

pdas1201 said:
Thanks for the heads up, Lapopdiva:) I somehow missed those, I hope after posting the ones below, I have posted everything. If you find some more pics on Wireimage, let me know and I'll post them.

By the way, have you noticed the way they keep gazing at each other, as if they are by themselves in their bedroom and not at a formal awards function. I find that soooo romantic, they seem to speak to each other thru their eyes more often then their lips...sigh...
Off course i let you now, because y can't take them, jajajaja.Thank you so much to you and to everyone who take their time to put photos here.I now how much time it take.

And yes they speak thru their eyes.and what i like the most is that they come so natural over.You can see when they are happy, tired,and angry at each other,Because they are sometimes.I saw that on tv.I see every program on the spanish tv international.When they have an oficial act, i sit with my video on, and i take them on video, i have a lot.And they are so lovely, and natural.Letizia when she is working outside, i mean when she is with the spanish people she is on her best.And she prepare her self for everythink .I have an article I'm going to try to translate it for you guys!! The article tell what they do every day.

Letizia, Princess in practices

She works with the habitual team of the Prince and attends all the acts with her husband to learn everything. Sometimes, she escapes to house of her mother to eat her stews.(guisos.)

El Mundo
21/11/04, 10.13 horas

This is a story on the days of work of Princes de Asturias

It is 8.30 in the morning
when Felipe and Letizia usually seat to have breakfast in the residence that they released together the 23 of May. They also count in the Palace of the Zarzuela that, to those hours,they reviews the habitual informative unfolding: a summary with the subjects of the present time of the day, newspapers, magazines... Similar to which could make any marriage to be informed. The difference is that they, more and more, also are protagonists of the news.

It is not only the different thing: she has doncella to her disposition and he, camera aid. And some crew members more, although the Real House declines to need what personal on watch works in the Pavilion of the Prince, calls to account of the marriage. Silence also stays in Patrimony National, in charge of the management and maintenance of the real palaces. Yes it confirms that it destines part of his civil employees to the complex of the Zarzuela, to which pays the State directly, but not how many nor what profiles they have.

Tomorrow are marked six months of the Real Wedding , and this newspaper has tried to reflect how a habitual day of work of the pair passes. In the last weeks, Felipe and Letizia have spent several days in Barcelona to attend acts in Catalonia and have had two days of activities and office in Madrid. The objective one was to know in what they occupy his hours outside the flashes and the official acts, and to know how the new Princess of Asturias in the (cotidianidad) of the Zarzuela has integrated herself.

First conclusion: from the House of the King they tell that already it has been finished to the stage of the notebook and the ball-point pen, when the perfeccionista Letizia, obsessed to know it everything before her wedding, (vagaba) from a side to another one of the house aiming the details that to her the personnel facilitated. "I want to do what the Spaniards want that she does", she sentenced in a meeting, to perhaps demonstrate her will. It had begun the metamorphosis of a divorced journalist to Princess and consorte of the Heir.

Today, in the Zarzuela one occurs by fact that Letizia has finalized the theory already. Now she is a Princess in practices. The marriage works "in equipment", has said the Prince more of once. And abroad, because they travel a kilometer until the building where the Kings live and works great part of the personnel. There, Letizia has her own one "and small" office, closely together to the one of her husband, "making a hollow in the space that the personnel of the Head of the Secretariat of the Prince occupies", says the House of the King

Although not yet she has an own agenda, remember in Zarzuela, Letizia one feels safer, equal of deluded that and is in the beginning beginning to enjoy her new work, according to comments some friends. Not in vain, she had her first one approved a month ago in Oviedo,her native city, with the applause that dedicated the Campoamor Theater still on to her when her husband offered to praises her during the recent delivery of the Prizes Prince of Asturias.

This week in Madrid, the marriage has crossed the doors of their office, like is habitual, "to first hour", according to a collaborator, who adds that both have been developing "intense" a work of office. Some example? "the deprived hearings to new promotions of officials government, who request to be received and to that the Prince thanks for their dedication to the State". They dispatch in fact with the Prince, but the Princess "gets up herself at some moment" because her husband wishes that she becomes familiar soon with this routine.

There is no day nor stated time to meet with his Majesty. Rather flexible encounter "based on the necessities of the agenda" are celebrated, and also they maintain pursuit meetings where the rest of departments of the house is present: the head of the House of the King, the Secretary General, the unit of relations with mass media, protocol, Intendance and the service of security. [ This newspaper solicitd to gather a graphical testimony of these meetings, or any moment of office of the Princes, request that was rejected by the service of press ].

The work "in equipment" to which the Prince talked about makes with a group of seven people, assures the Real House, whose in front he is Jaime Alfonsin, head of the Secretariat of the Prínce.these same official sources affirm that the lights of the offices of the Princes often end up extinguishing last the 21.00 hours. They add days of almost 10 hours, according to the Zarzuela.

They stop two hours to eat, and usually they do it in their own house, where they have kitchen and they take "an absolutely normal and homemade menu", they affirm in Zarzuela. Often, Letizia escapes to house of her mother for, according to she has commented to her friendships, to eat her stews with vegetables, because those of Zarzuela tire a little to her, elaborated more, mixed with stroke and similar products.

Ever since she is Height Real, even also before, Letizia receives letters and requests to participate and to preside over to acts of very different (índole) But, unlike her sisters-in-law infants Elena and Cristina - that, although have an inferior protocolic rank, yes have their own secretariat to take their subjects -, to Letizia any person for this assignment has not assigned itself to her. It is the head of the Secretariat of the Prince who must now give exit to requests - in constant increase, they inform in the house -, that receives the Princess: requests of presidencies of honor of organisms or congresses, sponsorship of flags, private hearings... That it is known, the Real House has accepted one: the appointment of the Princess like Waiter of Honor of the Choir of ladies of the Virgin of White Amargura-Paso of Lorca (Murcia), distinction that already received the queen.

It does not seem to be the common thing. Rather, all the requests amiably are declined by the Secretariat of the Prince and some are in study for the future. The only way to have today some possibility that the Princess attends an act is not inviting her. That is to say, directing the invitation to her husband, or both, never to single her. The reason? It is not predicted still that Letizia participates in acts of individual way, affirms the Zarzuela. "the moment will arrive when the King considers that she is prepared, and still can take months", assures an old member the service of the Real House that it prefers not to be identified.

Letizia, Princess in practices 2

Prepared or no, Letizia already confronts next to her husband her task of "useful tool to the State", as the House of the King defines her work, or like "one more a valedora in the work of promotion of the Spanish company in the world", who said the Prince Thursday when giving the Prizes Prince Felipe to the Enterprise Excellence, talking about to one of their facets: to support to the economy off the mother country.

The Zarzuela shows some data: between 1996 and 2003, the Prince has participated in an average of 380 official acts to the year -"a more than one per day ", affirm -, that he does not include the hours of office, the preparation of the acts, and the lunches of work. The average has not diminished, has followed east rate. Sometimes, it is the King who directly assigns the acts in which they participate "based on the areas that to them interest following to each member of the Royal Family or a continuity in their workings", explain these sources.

The two last weeks of the pair have been developed between Barcelona (they started off there in an airplane of the Air Force and lived during ten days in the Albéniz Palace to participate in several acts) and Madrid, calls to account habitual.

In the Condal City, the marriage participated in acts of enterprise, social and cultural character. "That makes diversified activities so do not mean dispersion", clarify from Zarzuela."Mean to say that they have the point of attention in many scopes of the Spanish society that need support ". And how they select where to attend? "They want to go there where they consider that they are going to be more useful. Be to Navarre to visit a sharpshooting(puntera) company or to Barcelona to inaugurate youthful an occupational center ".

Thursday 11 of November, the attention point was there, in the occupational center Them Corts for deficient young people psíquicos.Acompañados by the habitual team of five collaborators - head of the Secretariat, aide of the Prince, adviser of press, adviser of protocol and head of security in charge of the device -, knew the classes, they talked with the students and their parents, and they left after becoming a photography of group and conversing in a cocktail: one hour and average of visit.

At night, the pair presided over the delivery of prizes of the Chamber of Commerce of Manresa. To his arrival, it received a group to them of citizens but, hundreds of meters further on, the antiriots contained to between 300 and 500 (according to what source is consulted) antimonarchical demonstrators who brandished placards against the visit. Perhaps it is the most numerous protest to the one than they have had to face, until now, the Princes.

After the act, that began to the 20.30 hours, the pair left on the one the dawn after saluting to each one of the assistants to the supper. In the street, they narrowed in addition the hands to the people who, in reduced number more, waited for that hour to see them close by.

It happened the same on the following day after finishing the visit Fomento of the Decorativas Arts, where designers and creators "of distendida way conversed during a cocktail with, to have personal communication", according to the Zarzuela. That is their only and constant request to include in the program: that always there is time to talk with the assistants at the acts and to greet the people who acclaim to them in the streets. They wish to be nearest possible "and thank to all that loses a second of their life to salute to them", explains the Real House.

A spokesman of Zarzuela says which the trip ticket that guides the work of the Princes is in the appearance of both the 3 of November of 2003, two days after announcing his compromiso."Here we are, in love,comprometidos, convinced and ilusionados, and, of course, given to the service of Spain ", said Felipe.and she added that she confronted her new stage "with responsibility, illusion and vocation to the service off the Spaniards".

Some experts have indicated that it would be the suitable moment so that the Heir had an own administration, compares to the House of His Majesty. After all, Felipe and Letizia - and those that come later continue depending on budget -7,7 million euros of public money for 2005- that distributes "freely"his father, the King, according to the Constitution, and of that never public in what he is spent, only the total. These same sources assure, in addition, that a House of the Prince in operation could avoid that the syndrome Inheriting idle to the throne delay settled in Spain - already seen in other European countries -, and could transmit better "intense" the work that Princes de Asturias make.

(So i hope this article will help you guys, so now you know them a little more, and you know what they do.I hope someday they can show us how they work and prepare them self before going to any acts, that will be great.Y now for shure that this couple work very hard and leticia is a perfecionist and she will for no reason go to any act without knowing what they are going to talk about.She said that we only see what she dress, not how she prepare herself and how many think she have to now before she went to any act.Thats why she dress here self sober and practical.She don't want to be a lady diana o jacky O.She want that we evaluate her on her inteligent.)
Lapopdiva!

Philipe used to date Gwyneth Paltrow right? I understand his parents were happy that he was dating her, would the spanish have accepted Princess Gwyneth of Spain?
(Letizia is great though)

Australian said:
Philipe used to date Gwyneth Paltrow right? I understand his parents were happy that he was dating her, would the spanish have accepted Princess Gwyneth of Spain?
Felipe dating Gwyneth? Wasn't that Nikolaos of Greece?

Australian said:
Philipe used to date Gwyneth PaTRFow right? I understand his parents were happy that he was dating her, would the spanish have accepted Princess Gwyneth of Spain?
felipe never date Gwyneth. he went out with her as a friend.And that was a tact they use he and letizia.When they both already was serius in their relation, they keep going out with there friends, as normal.And to make people think that he as with Gwyneth, an in the meantime he was in a serius relation with letizia.That's how the royal house off spain put up the plan so that no one can new about letizia .Because letizia and felipe wanted a discret(discreto) releation.Hope i make my self clear.Because my inglish is not so good.I only tell what y read.the article on these subyect i didn't save.If i find it when i have time, i will translate it for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom