Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 3: October - December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pdas1201 said:
HAHA!!! Alexandria, that is mean, even though I agree with you about her dress looking like sofa upolstery (actually that was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing the pics)...:D
she might have done it on purpose, but do not know why. Everyone knows that single colours are more elegant than patterns and she has no reason to let Leatizia stand out because she does that anyway. Maybe it is arrogance (even dressed like if wearing an apron I am the queen of spain)

The break is over!!! Tomorrow they have an engagement:

Jueves, 4 de noviembre de 2004
[font=Verdana,Arial]INAUGURACIÓN DEL IX CONGRESO DE LA ASOCIACIÓN DE ACADEMIAS IBEROAMERICANAS DE LA HISTORIA
Real Academia de la Historia. Madrid
[/font]

Ooooh I love the hair but I hate the outfit. I don't think it is flattering at all.

Well, celebrating a year of "Petición de mano", I researched and found some cute videos of Felipe and Letizia. They are in Spanish, but definitely worth checking out.

I hope you enjoy them.

*To see the videos, just click the links "ver video". Where it says "Various videos", scroll down on the page and you'll find other "ver video" links.

From her solo act - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_18448.htm

From Asturias - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_17413.htm

Retrospective of their relationship -
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_7925.htm

Felipe's love life - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_7867.htm

Letizia offering her bouquet at Atocha - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_8426.htm

Lunch in Madrid - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_7924.htm

Frederik and Mary's wedding &
Denmark y Spain, commoners as future queens (mainly about Mary) - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_7994.htm (to see the second video you have to scroll down)

Various videos - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/boda/

Various videos - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/secciones_losnovios.htm

Honeymoon (various) - http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_8542.htm

Spanish Royals Attend Naval Combat Flag Presentation

Spanish Royals Attend Naval Combat Flag Presentation

Attachments

• 51694015.jpg
    51694015.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 51694018.jpg
    51694018.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 51694019.jpg
    51694019.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 278
  • 51694022.jpg
    51694022.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 405
  • 51694023.jpg
    51694023.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 51694024.jpg
    51694024.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 305
  • 51694025.jpg
    51694025.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 51694075.jpg
    51694075.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
more from Naval ceremony

more from the Naval ceremony:

Attachments

• 51694079.jpg
    51694079.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 314
  • 51694085.jpg
    51694085.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 51694084.jpg
    51694084.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 325
  • 51694083.jpg
    51694083.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 51694082.jpg
    51694082.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 51694080.jpg
    51694080.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 347
  • 51694077.jpg
    51694077.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 51694076.jpg
    51694076.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 370
Thanks everyone for the pictures!

Interesting to note the King's two sisters are present but none of his daughters -- is there areason for that? Were both Elena and Cristina busy or was there a different reason for them not attending?

And I thought the Queen was in Syria on a private holiday? Did this occasion take place before the Queen left?

According to the official Spanish website Infanta Pilar is the one christening the ship.

Last edited:
ennyllorac said:
If I recall correctly Infanta Pilar is the "Madrina" of the ship and that is why she is there. I read it somewhere and I don't recall where.
Does that mean that she's like the "godmother" of the ship?

ennyllorac said:
Ooooh I love the hair but I hate the outfit. I don't think it is flattering at all.
Her hair is really lovely--it really suits her. She looks very pretty with soft, romantic hair styles...

Her outfit is a little...shiny. :eek:

Julia said:
Her hair is really lovely--it really suits her. She looks very pretty with soft, romantic hair styles...

Her outfit is a little...shiny. :eek:

I think we are talking about two different outfits. I am talking about the suit with the white top and mauve skirt. I think you are talking about the green suit.

Last edited:
ennyllorac said:
I think we are talking about two different outfits. I am talking about the suit with the white top and mauve skirt. I think you are talking about the green suit.
aHa! Okay, I am not overly fond of the green suit...it's a bit shiny for my taste but that's just me.

The white top and mauve skirt are not my favorite, either. Her hair does look fabulous, though.

i thought her outfit yesterday was quite boring. she has also used it so many times in such a short time...

the couple, doing some shopping

0a.jpg

I like her outfits..simple, smart, elegant and soft! Even though she has repeated her outfits a few times, i don't think it's boring. It show she's not letting this princess business get to her head. She's not spending taxpayer's money wildly. I like that.

She's also trying not to over shadow the royal family. Show she has both brains and beauty.

More pictures from yesterday

colourpress.com

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 373
  • 0010.jpg
    0010.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 326
  • 0009.jpg
    0009.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 385
  • 0008.jpg
    0008.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 369
  • 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 329
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 370
Some more from Sunday

colourpress.com

Attachments

• 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 340
  • 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 0013.jpg
    0013.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 327
More from Sunday

From Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 312
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 237
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 313
smaller pic from today from hola.....

Attachments

• ppes.jpg
    ppes.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know when this picture was taken???it was new to me,I like the jacket color very much

Attachments

• galeria16_5.jpg
    galeria16_5.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 457
I have to say I don't get the fascination and admiration for CP L's working wardrobe. I think she always looks neat, she always look appropropriate, she is a tiny woman so she always looks slim! but the constant variation on pencil skirt (and to the knee - hardly cutting edge fashion) and jacket-style top gets really dull, hardly redeemed by just using a kalediscope of unfashionably bright colours. Matching shoes and beige stockings - it's hardly riveting stuff.

She looks stunning in her white pants suits, because they are unusual and a little more interesting. Would be nice to see her try a little more variation - I would guess she isn't actually trying to be a fashion icon. Which isn't such a bad thing - I am just not sure why everyone is insistent on admiring her for her clothes.

I admire her for the relentless schedule she and the CP have followed since they returned from honeymoon. While CP Mary IMO is far more fashionable and fashion-conscious, she hasn't carried out nearly the same number of engagements!

bluetortuga said:
I am sick and tired of seeing this ugly jacket on Letizia. it makes her look so dull. I know she's trying her best not to overshadow the Royal Family, but for crying out loud, the wife of the Crown Prince of Spain should dress better than this. She might end up being overlooked. I think she needs better fashion advisors around. And she's repeating her outfits too often.

I know its bad to make comparisons but, CP Mary of Denmark runs fashion miles around Letizia. It's only rarely that I see a fashion faux pas from Mary; all too frequent for Letizia. It's a pity, Letizia so beautiful. I'm sure the House of Borbon is
I disagree. I think that Letizia' style fits her very well. I wouldn't look forward to her changing her style if I were you. It most likely will not happen and doesn't need to, IMO.

I haven't liked everything that I've seen Letizia wear, but my opposition was based mostly on color choices. I feel that Letizia makes very good fashion choices. The cuts and styles that she chooses for herself are excellent, IMO. She doesn't overdo it. I wouldn't base it solely on not wanting to attract too much attention and seem too extravagant, but on the fact that she prefers simple and clean lines and clothes that are tailored, simple, but still elegant.

Letizia, honestly doesn't need much to make her look good, IMO. She actually reminds of Mette-Marit of Norway in that respect. Many people say that M-M dresses too plainly, as they do about Letizia, but really do women who are that stunning, with great skin and bone structure really need a lot to make them look good? I would have to say, "no." It just isn't necessary. The truth is that if they were to pile on the frills, makeup, big jewelry and everything else, they would look weighted down and far too over done.

Letizia does a very good job of wearing very finely tailored clothing and adding just the right amount of dazzle with her accessories. She wears great shoes and handbags. Her makeup and her are also always perfect and flatter her face and what she is wearing at the time. I think that she looks wonderful and she should keep doing what she's doing-defining her own style and not comparing herself to any other Princesses or public figures. I wish that all people in general, especially women could get that. You can't always wear what other people wear or do what they do. You can't always wear what is trendy. You have to find colors and styles that suit your body, skin tone, height, etc. and then go with it. Add little touches here and there and create your own personal style. Great style icons never followed trends, they set them. And, no one ever told them what to wear! :)

Last edited:
I couldn't have said better Isabel. Letizia hasn't changed her style, you just have to look at the pictures of her as a journalist to see that her style have always been minimalistic, she knows exactly what flatters her figure (though she can make some mistakes here and there), she doesn't overdo makeup (at her first solo act she had a little more on and it was the first thing everyone noticed).

I guess that people nowadays still remembers "Diana's style" and maybe think that all princess should dress somewhat like her.

I particularly find really interesting this variety of styles among the princesses (not only the CPs, but them in general) and I think it would be really boring if them all would wear the same king of clothes (as if an uniform for a princess would be instituted).

And, besides, what I think that should really matter isn't the clothes she wear, but the hard work she's been doing for her country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom