Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 27: August - September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the new thread for the current events of the Prince and Princess of Asturias.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is for current events only;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun! :flowers:

This is something that I've been wondering for ages:
When Felipe becomes king, will he and Letizia move into La Zarzuela or will they have a different palace to live in? If they were to move there but Queen Sofia was still alive what would happen?

...sOfIa.... said:
This is something that I've been wondering for ages:
When Felipe becomes king, will he and Letizia move into La Zarzuela or will they have a different palace to live in? If they were to move there but Queen Sofia was still alive what would happen?

I believe that it nobody knows it, it is to advance the events.
They might move to Zarzuela or continue living in the house where they live. The House of the Princes is to less than one kilometre of the Zarzuela, inside the same enclosure, so if they want they can continue living in their house and to leave the Zarzuela for the official acts. They live in their house, but the official acts do them in the Zarzuela and sometimes they move also there for the office work.

where do they live now?I thougth they live far from Zarzuela!

biboquinhas said:
where do they live now?I thougth they live far from Zarzuela!

The Princes live in the House of the Prince, a house that was constructed a few years ago as housing for the Prince. The Palace of the Zarzuela is constructed in a great plot in a mount, inside the same plot the House of the Prince is, to less a kilometre of the house of the Kings. They are neighboring ... the neighboring only ones, around there is nothing, only mount.

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1382&pIdSeccion=46&pIdNoticia=437970

The Princes inaugurate in September Adriana Molder's exhibition in Oviedo

The president of Portugal, Cavaco Silva, will be present also in the Museum of Fine arts at the presentation of the sample of the young artist lusa

The Princes of Asturias will come to Oviedo next September to accompany the president of Portugal, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, in the inauguration of the sample of the Portuguese artist Adriana Molder, who will show itself in the Museum of Fine arts of Asturias between September 28 and October 15.

Cavaco Silva's presence in Oviedo forms a part of the official program that the president luso has foreseen to develop in Spain.

That's a good new. Maybe they'll take Leonor with them ang go in Covadonga !

Letizia usually don't go anywhere with Leonor!Little Leonor will be now at the Palace for a long time!

biboquinhas said:
Letizia usually don't go anywhere with Leonor!Little Leonor will be now at the Palace for a long time!
i think that leonor go away many time out of thr palace but THAT nobody know it realy
letizia had many familie i don't think that leonor don't go ou the palace

well in my opinion I think she should go out more often!

zaza61 said:
That's a good new. Maybe they'll take Leonor with them ang go in Covadonga !

There is no information about this topic yet. The Princes have not travelled this summer to Asturias, so I wait that prompt they travel and that the girl does it with them. If it is not in this visit, in October the Princes will travel to the delivery of the Prizes Prince, and will be several days.;)

On another topic. We see Leonor when we have to see her, this summer has seen her very much and has appeared in all the family acts. Leonor is a baby and though we would like to see more often it is necessary to understand that it cannot be, because she is a baby and a baby does not do anything in serious official acts (Neither I believe that we have seen other royal babies more than Leonor). Neither we see the Princes great out of the official acts ... and it is known that they go to the cinema or go out to have dinner, but they do it of discreet form. Madrid is a big and chaotic city, and the Princes always are surrounded with safety. If Letizia has problems to be going to buy to a shop, to go out with Leonor it seems to be very complicated.:wacko:

Of course I agree with you Lula. It's a pleasure to see princes and Leonor but it's very egoist from me. If I were them i would like to be quiet, and do things without all these journalists !
You're right Leonor is a baby and she needs a "normal" life with her parents and with as less as possible all these people around her whe she goes outside !!!

zaza61 said:
Of course I agree with you Lula. It's a pleasure to see princes and Leonor but it's very egoist from me. If I were them i would like to be quiet, and do things without all these journalists !
You're right Leonor is a baby and she needs a "normal" life with her parents and with as less as possible all these people around her whe she goes outside !!!

I was not saying it for you. ;)

I also expect to see Leonor in Covadonga, especially for the Princess, because would be very special for her, very emotively, more bearing in mind how it was her last visit there. For Letizia always it has been very important to return to Asturias, I remember an interview that I read in a magazine, previous to the advertisement of her engament , for her returning there was to return to her house, to her refuge. Because of it I hope, that if she has had to give up returning there this summer, it is because she is going to be able to do it soon, and not for another thing.:ermm:

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
In my opinion too:rolleyes: , I wonder how being so close to one year-old she still hasn't got her own agenda and duties or even why doesn't she travel around with her parents.

I see a very dark future for her as a Head of State... what are they thinking?!?! I believe it must be Letizia fault, she has that attitude and she is affraid that Leonor will steal all the attention from her...

Oh my, how much more we have to see them treating her as a baby:mad: ?

Last edited by a moderator:
mtbcm said:
In my opinion too:rolleyes: , I wonder how being so close to one year-old she still hasn't got her own agenda and duties or even why doesn't she travel around with her parents.

I see a very dark future for her as a Head of State... what are they thinking?!?! I believe it must be Letizia fault, she has that attitude and she is affraid that Leonor will steal all the attention from her...

:mad: Let me tell you something, that about Letizia's fault is ridiculous, you really need a vacations:wacko:

catango said:
:mad: Let me tell you something, that about Letizia's fault is ridiculous, you really need a vacations:wacko:

Reads good, mtbcm is sarcastic..it is a joke :lol:

catango said:

Calm down.:flowers: I thought it was hilarious, good one mtbcm!:lol::ROFLMAO:

biboquinhas said:
Why because you've never seen pictures of her out and about? It's been written that the Princes always take the little Infanta with them when they go to their friends' houses. Just because you don't see paparazzi pix does not mean that certain things didn't happen. She's a baby, not a show toy:rolleyes: Remember when they went shopping when she was smaller? The press tagged it as just a publicity. The bottom line is that Felipe and Letizia will never win. Either way they will be criticized.

mtbcm said:

I just couldn't believe those were actually yours thoughts..!!
Then i got it.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

planetcher said:
Remember when they went shopping when she was smaller?

This was only one time! I think Leonor should go out more, to a garden, to have fresh air, and not in the garden palace!

Excuse me, but I have a question. What was reaction of various layers of the Spanish society to a marriage of crown prince to the dissolved woman? I mean aristocracy, members of the Spanish royal family and clergy.

biboquinhas said:

biboquinhas said:
This was only one time! I think Leonor should go out more, to a garden, to have fresh air, and not in the garden palace!

We've just seen little Leonor this entire summer on the boat and in Palma Mallorca with her parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and already you are saying that we should see her more?

Of all the babies, we've seen Leonor the most this summer. We only saw Christian and Ingrid Alexandra a few times, we never saw any of the Belgian kids, Amalia and Alexia were only seen during the two official photoshoots in Italy and with the visiting Japanese royals.

In my opinon, we shouldn't encourage a "paparazzi" attitude towards having photographs of Leonor in the garden of her home with her family or when she is out visiting friends of her parents during their private time. (Who says she doesn't go out in the garden or to the park? Just because we don't pictures doesn't mean that she doesn't. We don't see pictures of royals in the bathroom, but does that mean they don't go, too?) She is a little girl, even if she may be queen one day, and should be allowed some space and privacy to grow up.

Knowing her fate, her parents won't cloiser her in an ivy tower, but will expose her to the public and to her future duties when the time is appropriate.

Last edited:
From what age the spanish royals kids attend a Kindergarten?

Alexandria said:
We don't see pictures of royals in the bathroom, but does that mean they don't go, too?) .

:lol: Total agree with you Alexandria! very funny your coment!

About the polemic about why the princes have not gone this summer to Asturias, i have to say one thing: ( if the goverment change the Constitution) Leonor will be the next Princess Of Asturias, so her first time in Asturias it will have to be a special moment, an official moment, a very big moment, so if the Principes had gone this summer to Princes´s Gramma house, they would have to take Leonor with them, but in a private and not oficcial way, and IT WOULD NOT BE a special and big moment for her first visit to Asturias. I,m sure that the Principes have a great surprise prepared for us for this great day

Originally Posted by biboquinhas

Like any other kids, 1 year old, 2 years old, it depend..
But the royals kids have a nurse! and i think that they will go when it Begins the School.

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:

The infantile education in the school begins at the age of 3 (2 in case of Leonor, because she was born in October and the children begin the school in September). Before if the parents wish it or need it the children go to child-cares (guardería in spanish).

Not how they have made the Infantas with her children, if they have come to some child-care or their babysitters have taken care of them in house until they have begun the Infantile Education. In any case, it will be a decision of the Princes, Leonor has babysitter, but probably in some moment the Princes decide to take the Infanta to some place some hours in order that she has more relation with other children... I imagine that in Zarzuela already they will be looking for the suitable place in order that the Infanta Leonor is educated, because the election will be difficult. But she still is 10 months old, so at least they stay enough months before the girl goes to some place.:wacko:

But usually those kindergartens are public places, don't they?I think that will be very good to Leonor having more relation with "normal kids" not roayl kids.

I think the big moment of Leonor in Asturias going to be in October for the Pince of Asturias Prizes, I hope that moment come soon.

catango said:
I think the big moment of Leonor in Asturias going to be in October for the Pince of Asturias Prizes, I hope that moment come soon.
The Princes had some activities in Oviedo this spring and they said that nothing is certain, but they are thinking about October to take the girl to Asturias. It would coincide not only with the Awards, but also with the baby's 1st birthday (well, maybe not actually, but very close)!

LaChicaMadrilena said:
The Princes had some activities in Oviedo this spring and they said that nothing is certain, but they are thinking about October to take the girl to Asturias. It would coincide not only with the Awards, but also with the baby's 1st birthday (well, maybe not actually, but very close)!

The Prizes I believe that they are October 20, and Leonor's birthday 31, so it seems to me to be difficult. ;)
The Princes travel to Asturias, on September 28 with the Portuguese President.
But on Covadonga's topic there is no news still. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom