Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 27: August - September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say I like very much the dress that Princess Letizia wore at the wedding. She looks beautiful.

http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18296&Itemid=56

Kick to the Princess

During the visit of Princes de Asturias to the center of ASNIMO for people with syndrome of Down, in spite of the hospitality and warm welcome of the boys, to some of the students the presence has not made him too much grace of the Princes and has offered a sovereign kick to Doña Letizia. The Princess has saluted very affectionate to the students of the center after the visit of the classrooms and has spoken with all of them. Just at the moment of the put one for the family photo, Doña Letizia has wanted to do one carantoña to a girl who was to her side in wheelchair, but to the creature the threat has not had to do too much grace to him of the Princess and a kick in the shinbone has offered him. The future Queen has taken the access from bad genius with humor and has put smiling next to the young enfurruñada one. The small aggression has been compensated by the amiability and the affection wasted by the rest of people with syndrome of Down pertaining to `Center Prince of Asturias'. In their visit to the bakery factory, the boys have invited to have breakfast to their illustrious visitors, a cocaine of trampó just done, with which Princes and authorities have become lean the fingers.

More images of the visit
http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18293&Itemid=29

Images from terra
7208752a54cf3gwi2.jpg

Video link

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=11481244

Last edited:
Children and young adults suffering from Down Simdrome have, very often, these surprising gestures and reactions...

I'm glad the Princess reacted in a such afectionate way to the little incident ... I can imagine how the centre responsibles felt about it.

I'm glad it was nothing more serious.

Thank you for sharing fanletizia.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

i really loved the salmon wedding dress of letizia. she looked gorgeous in it and the dress is beautifully cut. it reminded me of a the very classical, 'greek style' dress natalie portman wore for the oscars (i think) some years ago. the hairdo was as well very appropiate with it. varela did a great job.

another style, but still great because of its originality was this other white-grey one for the down syndrome event. lovely combination of colours.

wow! The Princes looks lovely today, always smiling and very affectionate with the people. Beautiful couple

I like very much that the princes have returned to their oficial agenda.

The dress Letizia wore to the wedding was perfect! I loved seeing Leonor with them on a non-royal engagement, too.

The two of them also look great in the pictures from their visit to the Down's Syndrome center. I love that they're so involved with charitable work.

Last edited by a moderator:
rchat said:
But I don't like the gray/white dress she wore recently... and she looks all tired. Maybe too many engagements at a time. :sad:

I don't think she looked tired. Her hair is way too long, not flattering. Not every woman looks good in long and straight hair, women with angular faces usually don't. Jackie O also had an angular face, she was rarely seen on long and straight hair. Letizia needs a hair cut, her old shoulder-length hair with blonde highlights (on her TV days) was most flattering.

rchat said:
But I don't like the gray/white dress she wore recently... and she looks all tired. Maybe too many engagements at a time. :sad:
One can hardly say there has been too many engagements when it is the first one after the vacation:wacko: I agree with donnak its the hair which drags her down, it is nicely cut and mantained but it simply does not suit her. The badly cut dress in drab, cold color does not help either, and those particular shoes always reminds me of Minnie Mouse. She looked stunning in the wedding though, the curls made the hair shorter and added volume and the warm color of the dress complemented her skin color.

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1281&pIdSeccion=9&pIdNoticia=208105&rand=1157442037427

The Princes visit Asnimo

The Association Down de Balears's Syndrome celebrated yesterday its trigésimo anniversary with a few guests of luxury; don Felipe and dona Letizia concluded their vacations together with the students of the center with whom they conversed, a commemorative plate was photographed and discovered

They were going almost a week of preparations and many accumulated nerves. Everything had to go out well, according to the tests. And at eleven o'clock in the morning it began one of the most important days of their life. The princes of Asturias were visiting the facilities of the center Asnimo de Marratxí on the occasion of the celebration of its 30th anniversary.

It was the last activity that they realized in the island before recapturing their official agenda of commitments. Today the couple will come to the Conference hall of Madrid to receive to the Spanish selection of basketball after obtaining the gold in the World one of Japan.

Nobody wanted to lose the appointment. The relatives of the students of Asnimo also came to the center to greet to Their Highnesses to whom they received out-standing authorities. Jaume Matas, president of the Govern, who shared a coca of trampó done in the school with Rosa Estarás, vice-president. Ramon Socías, delegate of the Government, seized the opportunity to greet many people of the persons with Down's syndrome, since also it was done By Pere Rotger, president of the Parlament or Maria Antònia Munar. " Hello lady Munar ", greeted her Miguel, one of the pupils. " But if you know yours all ", the chairwoman of the Consell was surprised.

Juan Perera, the director of Asnimo, led the procession by the different points of the center where he was explaining of what his activities were consisting. The Princes received between plaudits, visited first the greenhouse. " The idea is to teach the suitable technologies to the workers in order that they learn for yes alone ", made clear Perera.

While dona Letizia was greeting to the majority of the members, the prince Felipe was organizing the first photography. " I go away to putting behind ", he was smiling.

The tour took them for the kitchen workshop where new pupils showed their skills in the burners. " It does not have any mystery ", made clear the person in charge of this paragraph, Fina Estrany. " We work with the ingredients of the whole life ". There they could taste from coca of trampó to pies cooked by the same pupils who, onlookers, approached the inheritors. " And the girl? ", Manolo Vadell asked the Princes. " She is very nice ", she answered been grateful. While, Victoria Rubí was not losing the occasion to kiss the Prince. " he is very handsome ", was admitted by her.

The visit continued for the workshop of dry flowers. " We did a dress rehearsal for this moment ", they were making clear. In the most aromatic zone, Jessica Fiteni was proving to be anxious. " I have desire of seeing them ".

Of the classroom of the principal building, they moved to the room of psicomotricidad, the room of physical therapy and the center by day for severe patients, to finish in the lounge of acts. Carlos Cruz was the pupil entrusted to speak in name of " companions and teachers ". " We are preparing ourselves to be young people capable of working ", was affirmed by him in his speech. " We want to be independent tomorrow ".

The director of the center was giving him the relief. " The persons with Down's syndrome thirty years ago were in their houses and now they have a major life expectancy, better health and intellect and can work ", Juan Perera remembered. " We understand your visit as a recognition of the work that we have done ", he concluded. The attorney Rafael Perera, brother of the director and member of the patronage, also applauded his words.

Forthwith the inheritors discovered a commemorative plate of the act to rememberso special visit.
The morning concluded with a coctail in the gardens of the facilities where the Princes mixed with the pupils and their relatives in a nearby and affectionate attitude. Dona Letizia showed her skill with the babies supporting one of the attendees while she was interested for the case of education of the pupils of the center. One day to remember.

I really think that dress was to mucht fashion for the event. A more simple dress will suite just perfect for the ocassion! I really like the dress but just don't think that suites for the ocassion, is too mucht fancy!

biboquinhas said:
I really think that dress was to mucht fashion for the event. A more simple dress will suite just perfect for the ocassion! I really like the dress but just don't think that suites for the ocassion, is too mucht fancy!
Well, we will have the whole autuum and winter for "skirt and jacket" outfits, so we should be happy to see her still in summer dresses :lol: :ROFLMAO: This gray one is surely not my favourite, byt during the wedding she looked so fabulous, that as for me, for the next week she can wear what she wants :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I think it was not a best choice for this event!Taking in account the specificness of the event she should wear something mucht more discret and low-profile!

IMO the dress is not suitable for the ocassion!

Last edited by a moderator:
She is not supposed to be discreet and low-profile. She is there honoring the organization, its residents and staff for their work. She looks special and that is an honor toward the hosts.

I don not see anything wrong with the dress... I think that it is very but very classy, and discret...

I'm sure the organization is very grateful that Letizia worn a classic and discret dress for the occasion.

With her presence she's honouring the job done and the efforts put by the organization to give these youngs and adults a life as normal as they could have if they didn't suffered the Syndrome.

I'm not big fan of dresses, I love two pieces suits but like LaChicaM says there's plenty time for it... also I enjoyed the Princess choice of low-profile hair but I agree with Larzen, doesn't make her glow like some other hair-dos.

Thank you for sharing more photos and articles, lula!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+7+372241

A visit loaded with emotion

Don Felipe and dona Letizia take part in the celebration of the anniversary XXX of the Association Down de Balears's Syndrome

S. CARBONELL The princes of Asturias visited yesterday the facilities of the Association Down de Balears's Syndrome (Asnimo) in the Center Prince of Asturias in Marratxí (Majorca) on the occasion of the celebration of the anniversary XXX of the mentioned association. Don Felipe and dona Letizia, accompanied of the director of Asnimo, Juan Perera, and the president of the Govern inhabitant of the Balearic Islands, Jaume Matas, did a tour for the facilities of the center, where they were informed about the sanitary care, formation and integration that realizes the association that attends to 412 persons with Down's syndrome in the Islands. During their visit for the facilities the Princes were accompanied by the chairwoman of the Consell of Majorca, Maria Antònia Munar; the vice-president and consellera of Relacions Institucionals, Rosa Estaràs; the delegate of the Government in Balears, Ramon Socías; the consellera of Presidència i Esports, Rosa Puig; the president of s'Institut, Antoni Serra and the mayor's teniente of Palm, Francisca Bennassar, in representation of the Ajuntament.

The tour began in the greenhouse Sempre Verd, at which a dozen of persons are employed with Down's syndrome, which, close to their monitors explained to the princes of Asturias the details of their daily labor and posed filled with enthusiasm in a photo of group with don Felipe and dona Letizia. Forthwith, and following the established program, the Princes visited the residence Sa Lluna, in which twelve persons live accompanied by three keepers and which possesses a waiting-list of 22 families to be able to accede to these services, such and as explained the administratrix, Carmen Crespo. In the residence, Felipe and dona Letizia signed a letter of congratulation for the anniversary of the association in the book of honor. The Princes also crossed the occupational workshops of bakery and confectionary It Is Llonguet and Flors Seques's workshop, in which the persons with Down's syndrome elaborate points of book and ornaments with dry flowers and in which the pupils delivered a point of book to don Felipe and dona Letizia.

In the building of the educational unit the Princes visited the service of psychomotor activity and the classroom of computer science of special education, besides the center by day of Asnimo. During the visit to these dependences, the monitors explained the pedagogic aims of the labors developed in the workshops and classrooms and answered to the questions of the princes of Asturias, who were interested for the applied technologies, the evolution of the pupils and their evaluation. Before coming to the lounge of acts, don Felipe and dona Letizia, accompanied by the president Matas, they greeted a group of 30 persons with Down's syndrome, with which they returned to pose to be photographed in the middle of the happiness of the boys and of their relatives who were contemplating with satisfaction the emotion of the smallest on having received the caresses and having answered to the questions of the Princes. In the lounge of acts, one of the pupils of the center Prince of Asturias, Carlos Cruz, gave the welcome to don Felipe and dona Letizia - that they were received by plaudits and shouts of " gallants, gallants " - in representation of all the persons attended by Asnimo and they expressed their desire to be "independent" and to be unrolled by the maximum autonomy, being able to enjoy a life in couple and a worthy work.

biboquinhas said:
I think it was not a best choice for this event!Taking in account the specificness of the event she should wear something mucht more discret and low-profile!

IMO the dress is not suitable for the ocassion!

Are you taking about the dress she wore at the visit to the facility of the patients with Down syndrome. think the dress is very simple and as low profile as one can wear?

Thanks for the pics and video. I love how kind the princes are with the people in Asnimo. It's too bad we can't see more of Leonor in the video, but it's a great video anyway. Thanks Lula

lula said:
http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+7+372241

A visit loaded with emotion

Don Felipe and dona Letizia take part in the celebration of the anniversary XXX of the Association Down de Balears's Syndrome

This question may have been asked before, if so I appologise. :flowers:
Why are Felipe and Letizia sometimes referred to as Don and Dona, is this Mr and Mrs? Prince and Princess?
Thanks in advance,
Crisscross1:)

thanks lula:flowers:
Leo has her mother's eyes and beautiful eyelashes. She's very cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom