Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 27: August - September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lula said:
But on Covadonga's topic there is no news still. :sad:

Don't be sad over this dear lula:flowers: ...

Infanta Leonor was presented to two virgins before she was one year old; her christening consagration and the presentation to the Virgin of Atocha.

For us Catholics these moments are deeply emotional and heartful moments, as I think it was for the Princes.

These aren't meant to be public relations moments but devotional ones...

When time comes, and I guess maybe to celebrate and thank the Virgin the first year of their daughter they'll go elsewhere to thank and ask protection. For what I've seen this summer, when we had the chance to see the little Infanta day in and day out, they must be very thankful for her and for the family they managed to form despite everything.

I know I am!

Regads,
mtbcm :)

mtbcm said:
Don't be sad over this dear lula:flowers: ...

Infanta Leonor was presented to two virgins before she was one year old; her christening consagration and the presentation to the Virgin of Atocha.

For us Catholics these moments are deeply emotional and heartful moments, as I think it was for the Princes.

These aren't meant to be public relations moments but devotional ones...

Regads,

I am not sad, but I want to see it.:flowers:
Not how to explain this, it is a bit difficult.:wacko:

The baptism is a sacrament for the Catholics, but other acts I do not believe that they are acts strictly devotionals, in these acts the tradition and the symbolic thing weighs almost more that the strictly religious thing. In Spain, it happens often. Spain is a traditionally catholic country, and many parties and many traditions, they have in religious origin, but today in day devocional, it is mixed by the festive thing, the cultural thing, the traditional thing...

There are many examples ... there are persons who realize the Way of Santiago not for a question of devotion, but because they like to make sport, know other places, as something cultural...The same thing happens with the processions of Holy Week, besides the religious thing, they have many of culture, of tradition and of spectacle...

In the visit to Atocha the history and the tradition weighs very much, the Princes continued a tradition of centuries of the Spanish Royal Family.

Covadonga's meaning is much more complex. For the Spanish Monarchy, it is a part of its historical origin. The inheritors of the Wreath are Princes of Asturias, and the Kings took the Prince Felipe to Covadonga being a child in order that he was proclaimed a Prince of Asturias.
For the Princess it is an affective question. The people of Asturias have very much sympathetic for their symbols ... the Virgin of Covadonga, the Cross of the Victory ... both have a religious origin, but for the majority of the people, it is more important the affective sense, of love for the land where they were born or where their forbears were born.
In Covadonga there join the religious thing, the historical thing, the affective thing ... and an impressive landscape ... it is a set of things that do this special place for many persons.

Besides it does not stop being a visit with certain interest. The Infanta Leonor is a daughter of the Princes of Asturias, but ... will she be at some time A Princess of Asturias?...Also it is interesting to return to Covadonga, in the territorial conflict that lives now Spain ... there is many history;)

lula said:
In Covadonga there join the religious thing, the historical thing, the affective thing ... and an impressive landscape ... it is a set of things that do this special place for many persons.

So her journey to Covadonga must honour everything you so well explained :flowers:.

That's why I don't believe they will go there just as a compromise or a duty but in an honourable and remarkable occasion!

Felipe wasn't so young as Leonor is... I remember his photos (I believe dressed in the regional costume - batuco or something) and he was around 2 or 3 years old and he had that cute expression of him "Why are you all so excited?!!" I've seen that expression in Leonor in Malloca and thought it was so Felipe's :lol:...

Let's wait and see!

Regards,

mtbcm said:
So her journey to Covadonga must honour everything you so well explained :flowers:.

That's why I don't believe they will go there just as a compromise or a duty but in an honourable and remarkable occasion!

Felipe wasn't so young as Leonor is... I remember his photos (I believe dressed in the regional costume - batuco or something) and he was around 2 or 3 years old and he had that cute expression of him "Why are you all so excited?!!" I've seen that expression in Leonor in Malloca and thought it was so Felipe's :lol:...

Let's wait and see!

Regards,

You need an explanation on the virgins ... something that in Spain is normal because there are many.:lol:

The photo that your you say, is a visit to the Virgin of Pilar, Mistress of Spain, the Virgin of Pilar is in Zaragoza, Province of Aragon, and the regional suit of Aragon is of "baturro". her festivity is October 12, today of the National Day.

The visit to Covadonga was years later, when Juan Carlos already was A King, and the Prince inheritor. I am going to look for some photos, and when I finds put it.;)

lula said:
The visit to Covadonga was years later, when Juan Carlos already was A King, and the Prince inheritor. I am going to look for some photos, and when I finds put it.;)

Oh, please do so!!

If Don Juan Carlos was already King, Don Felipe was already a young boy. His poise and behaviour as well his sisters' is unforgetable during their father big day.

Looking forward to see the pictures.

And thank you for your explanation, bu he was so cute dressed of "baturro":wub: ...

Regards,

mtbcm said:
Oh, please do so!!

If Don Juan Carlos was already King, Don Felipe was already a young boy. His poise and behaviour as well his sisters' is unforgetable during their father big day.

Looking forward to see the pictures.

And thank you for your explanation, bu he was so cute dressed of "baturro":wub: ...

Regards,

The words of the King that day, and a photo ;)

http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/ing/fundacion/principado/index5.html

Following this simple ceremony, Juan Carlos I delivered a brief address in which he stated "In this ceremony, the six century-old tradition that demands that the Heir to the Crown be the Prince of Asturias is consecrated and renewed. My son remains linked to what this region represents and what his position as Heir to the Crown means, which here has been made exact and clear. Therefore, we can say that from this moment on, having received the Cross of Victory, the Prince will feel the moral responsibility of the future King".

http://casl.umd.umich.edu/hum/spanishco/19.la_Familia_Real/images/070FamReal.DonFelipe.51444c.jpg

And this Hola's photo that you have copied your same one is of this day

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/259955-post79.html

Last edited:
Scans of the article from "Pronto" magazine. The cover is here.

Last edited:
lula said:
"In this ceremony, the six century-old tradition that demands that the Heir to the Crown be the Prince of Asturias is consecrated and renewed. My son remains linked to what this region represents and what his position as Heir to the Crown means, which here has been made exact and clear. Therefore, we can say that from this moment on, having received the Cross of Victory, the Prince will feel the moral responsibility of the future King".

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/259955-post79.html

http://s2.supload.com/free/9272cf.jpg/view/

Thank you, lula... your resources are endless it seems:flowers: .

Is this Cross of Victory somekind of an order, have we seen it (better, should I've seen it;)) among the other condecorations the Prince uses...

Still, I think this isn't still the moment for Leonor to be presented the same way... but lets hope they consagrate her soon in other sense and maybe, hopefully, after the Succession Law is changed they can return there and do it in the Heir to the Throne way...

Thank you very much for replying the request. Now I'm the one anxious to see the Infanta with her parents in such meaningfull act...:wub:

Thank you LaChica for the scans.:flowers:

Nice close-up of Letizia kissing the King, we've seen a blury image of it and this one is from other side. Nice!

Very thoughtful of you to share it with us. Very much appreciated; I can't get tired of Leonor's photos in her trolley sucking the paci and looking around in a such peaceful way.

Regards,
mtbcm:)

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
Thank you, lula... your resources are endless it seems:flowers: .

Is this Cross of Victory somekind of an order, have we seen it (better, should I've seen it;)) among the other condecorations the Prince uses...

Regards,

The Cross of the Victory is the symbol of Asturias, is not a condecoration, but a symbol. It is a cross of wood that one the King Alfonso III in the S.X ordered to cover of gold and precious stones; according to the legend with this cross of wood the first Asturian king, Pelayo began in Covadonga the Reconquest.
The cross forms a part of the flag of Asturias. The Prince has taken this cross in many socasiones, proque Prince of Asturias forms a part of the emblem of the Foundation. Also the Princess of Asturias has taken her, in Asturias the reproduction of this cross, is a very habitual and traditional jewel for the women.

In this web you have information in spanish
http://www4.ayto-oviedo.es/es/laCiudad/prerromanico/artePrerromanico.php

Here is Letizia with the cross
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/414288-post76.html

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principes_ibiza_heredero_georgetown_1065793.htm

Princes are present in Ibiza at the wedding of a friend of the Inheritor in the epoch of Georgetown

The Princes of Asturias were present today, together with the Infanta Leonor, at the wedding of the Germans Cristoher Von Reiche, friend of the Inheritor of the epoch of the University of Georgetown, and Bianca Labriola informed in San's Rafael parish of Ibiza.

The Prince, who coincided with Von Reiche at the beginning of the 90s, when he was dealing a Máster in International Relations in the American university, was the manager of realizing the first reading of the ceremony, in which he recited a passage of the 'Génesis''.

One gives the circumstance of which Von Reiche was one of the witnesses of the link of don Felipe and dona Letizia, on celebrated May 22, 2004 in the Cathedral of The Almudena of Madrid.

To the ceremony in Ibiza, which was informed in English and which took place to the midday, they came about a hundred of guests, who did not conceal their curiosity and satisfaction for the presence of the members of the Spanish Royal Family.

The wedding was presided by the Jesuit Leo J. O'Donovan, which was a rector of the University of Georgetown.

From terra

The Princes of Asturias with their daughter, the infanta Leonor, greet the friend of Don Felipe of the university of Georgetown, Christopher von Reiche, moments after he was marrying with his wife Bianca Labriola, in the parish of San's Rafael from Ibiza locality. The Prince exercised of witness in the ceremony in the same way that von Reiche was doing in that of Don Felipe and Dona Letizia.

Last edited:
Hi this is my first post in the forums so please be patient with me until I understand a bit better the dynamic of the forums.

I don't believe that Letizia could possibly fear that Leonor might steal some kind of limelight from her. She is the Princess of Asturias and the only reason for Leonor not to be seen so often is only because she is still a baby. What could a baby possibly be doing in an official act? I assume that once is old enough she will be taking duties but for the moment she is going to be doing what most babies do, sleep sleep and sleep, and grow, grow, and grow.

It is nice to meet you all :flowers:

I am charmed with letizia's suit and leonor adorably

The dress is amazing. It's clean, elegant, and perfect for the end of the summer. Letizia's hair is also perfect. I love it when she does curls! Does anybody know who designed this dress?

Letizia looks glowing!

soCal girl said:
Letizia's hair is also perfect. I love it when she does curls! Does anybody know who designed this dress?
You are right soCal girl! I personally think that Letizia looks much better with curly hair. It gives her more definition. When her hair is straight it often looks quite flat and dull :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
olga7777,

I was kidding... like you I think Leonor is just a baby and has to have a calm, loving and safe upbringing.

Thank you lula for sharing the pictures and last news about the Princes.

They all look so nice, handsome and relaxed. I'm happy to see the Prince back to his friends' weddings, I've been seeing old magazines and it seems that before he had almost every week a wedding to attend, with Hola comments like "And Don Felipe was as usual surrounded by beautiful ladies" ;) and he always behave not like the Prince but like a person from family. Nice!

Regards,

How beautiful family... Letizia is so gorgeous, the dress, the hair, the earings everything is perfect

Thanks for the pictures, lula.
It's nice to see the family of three out and about.
Love Letizia's dress and the curls.
Hope to see more pictures.
Enjoy the weekend, y'all.

I can't wait for better pictures. Here's another one from Ultima Hora Digital -- unfortunately, it's a bit tiny and the quality is not very good :sad:

Anyway, it shows Letizia without her shawl. With what we've seen so far, I am liking this dress of hers :flowers:

Last edited:
...sOfIa.... said:
Letizia looks glowing!
The dress is new, I hope that we have more photos to see it better, and to see Leonor better.:flowers:

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1279&pIdSeccion=9&pIdNoticia=207833&rand=1157273465887

The Princes are present at the wedding of a friend of the university in Eivissa

Don Felipe, together with dona Letizia and the infanta Leonor, there come to Bianca Labriola y Cristopher's link von Reiche, companion in Georgetown of the inheritor

The Prince Felipe, together with his wife dona Letizia and his daughter the infanta Leonor, travelled this Friday to Eivissa to be present, yesterday to the midday in Sant Rafel's parish, at the wedding of his friend Cristopher von Reiche and Bianca Labriola.

Don Felipe supports a narrow friendship with the boyfriend, who was one of his witnesses in his wedding with the princess Letizia, since they were known in the University of Georgetown between 1993 and 1995, when the inheritor to the throne was dealing a master in international relations.

The inheritor to the Spanish throne was dressing a black chaqué accompanied on a jacket color cremates and a tie of an alive blue as contrast. His wife, dona Letizia, on her part, was illuminating a dress without sleeves color salmon, with a shawl of the same tone and shoes to set.

Don Felipe was the manager of realizing the first reading of the ceremony, a passage of the Génesis, and also he acted as witness. During the ceremony it was placed close to his family in the fourth row of banks, just person behind the relatives of the boyfriend.

At the wedding slightly more than one hundred of guests were present and it was informed in English by the American Jesuit Leo J. O'Donovan, rector of Georgetown in the epoch in which the prince realized there his studies. The church where the ceremony was informed was adorned by floral centers distributed together with the altar formed by white roses and irises.

During the ceremony, a duo of British citizens bought property in Eivissa for years, they interpreted the songs O mio bambino caro (My dear child), of Puccini; Have I told you lately that I love you, of Van Morrison ; and Reach the impossible, of Will Young.

After the religious office, the guests took an appetizer on the verge of the church while the boyfriends were doing the photographies to themselves in the square of the temple and in the terrace of a nearby restaurant. On two o'clock at midday they were dividing, according to some sources, to a restaurant placed together with the highway of Holy Eulàlia.

Letizia looks amazing! I love her dress. The simplicity of it really fits her. She & Felipe look so happy together, and Leonor just gets more adorable every time that I see her. What a great family they have.

Perfect dress, perfect hair and perfect baby :flowers: (as for the "husband", far from perfect, I would prefer a pink tie in stead of a blue one ;) )!

I was already wondering if we're going to get some news of them !

Looks like a nice, closest-friends and family wedding - I'm glad Leonor attended it (it's her first one, no?) :flowers: !

Thanks for the pictures everyone (I hope we'll get to have plenty more of them!)

Wow, what a great surprise! It's wonderful that Felipe is able to maintain the relationships with his former colleques, he graduated the university 11 years ago, it's a lot of time.

Letizia looks awesome, the dress is so simple and sophisticated alike, and the hairdo is terrific as well. I would like her to have her hair cut but if that length of it allows her to have such fantastic curls, for me she can have as long hair as she wants! :lol:

And here we have our cutie again!!! It's so nice that they took her with them!

Lunalu said:
I'm glad Leonor attended it (it's her first one, no?) :flowers: !
Last year in the end of the summer they attended the wedding of friends (Leti was in violet outfit), but Leonor was still in her mummy's belly:lol: So, eventually, she was there! :lol:

From hola:http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=03-09-2006&currentImg=5
The Princes of Asturias attended yesterday in Ibiza, along with Infanta Leonor,o the wedding of the Germans Cristopher Von Reiche, friend of the Prince at their time of student in the University of Georgetown, and Bianca Labriola, celebrated in the parish of San Rafael of the capital native of ibiza. Don Felipe exerted in the same way of witness in the ceremony that Von Reiche did it in hers with Doña Letizia.

Please, can someone put Hola's photos? There are new some of them. This one is the article.:flowers:

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/09/03/ppes_bodaibiza/

The Princes of Asturias of wedding in Ibiza

In spite of that they are on the verge of finishing their summer vacations, the Princes of Asturias, accompanied of the infanta Leonor, moved from Majorca up to the island of Ibiza to be present at the link of Cristoph Von Reiche and Bianca Labriola. The boyfriend is a great friend of don Felipe from the epoch with which both coincided studying a Máster in International Relations in the University of Georgetown (Washington) in the middle of the nineties. Besides, the circumstance gives itself that Von Reiche was a witness in the link of the Inheritor to the throne and dona Letizia in the Cathedral of the Almudena. A reciprocal honor since the Prince was one of the witnesses in the link of his friend. Besides, don Felipe was the manager of the first reading of the homily, concretly he read a passage of the Génesis.

The ceremony was informed in English in San's Rafael parish that had been adorned for the occasion by centers of white roses and irises, as publishes the from Ibiza press and it ran at the expense of the American Jesuit Leo J. O'Donovan, rector of the American university in the epoch in which the boyfriend and the Prince were studying there. During the celebration were interpreted some songs between which it is necessary to stand out O mio Bambino de Puccini and Have I told you lately that I love you of Van Morrison.

Don Felipe was dressing the obliged chaqué in negro in a jacket in color cream and a blue tie. On her part, the Princess was praised by a dress in rose by neckline in beak, skirt below the knee by flight, shawl and shoes to game. The small Infanta was taking a dress without sleeve in target to game with the shoes.

Don Felipe and dona Letizia will return on Sunday to Majorca since on Monday they have a commitment inside their agenda it officiates to visit the facilities of the Association of Down's Syndrome.

lula said:
Please, can someone put Hola's photos? There are new some of them. This one is the article.:flowers: http://

I belive it is only theese two that are new?
HOLA
letileous7.jpg
letiev4.jpg

I am completely in love for Letizia's look for this wedding! The dress, the make-up, the hair... Everything looks absolute perfect!:flowers:

Perfect, just perfect.... this lady never puts a foot wrong when it comes to presentation. The hair is lovely, dress divine!

Did anyone pick up on the joy on their faces...i especially adore the look of love on the face of CP Felipe towards his wife in the last pic by Hola... So sweet...

Yes is so sweet. He is very proud of his wife and daughter.

Letizia looks stunning, her dress and hairdo fits perfect.Leonor is adorable.

What a lovely family, i love letizia's hair, she looks amazing. It's nice to see them mingling with friends and just enjoying it.

Did his friend marry a Spanish woman? Labriola sounds Spanish, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom